Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

New episode in a few hours

Episode 15: 闇に忍ぶオルターガイスト – Yami ni Shinobu Orutāgaisuto
(The Altergeists Lurking in the Darkness)
Ghost Girl carries out an unpredictable Duel with her phantasmagorical tactics. Meanwhile, Playmaker calmly analyzes Ghost Girl’s moves and looks for a chance to use Storm Access. Thus, a battle of wits unfolds between the two as they try to outsmart one another. Who will ultimately triumph?!

Cast:
Fujiki Yusaku/Playmaker: Ishige Shoya
Ai: Sakurai Takahiro
Kusanagi Shoichi: Kimura Subaru
Bessho Emma/Ghost Girl: Kamakura Yuna
Frog/Pigeon: Seki Tomokazu
Extras

Script: 武上純希 || Takegami Junki
Storyboard: 山本隆太 || Yamamoto Ryuta
Direction: 山本隆太 || Yamamoto Ryuta
Animation Director(s): Noh Gil-bo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TV0i4iuN2tM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so when does the plot take off?

I don't know but the build up has been decent so far. At least you have all the AI stuff. What we need is actual hype and a bit of progression.

when the "Kaiba" come?

The real twist is that the "Yugi" and "Kaiba" haven't shown up yet. Thats why Yusaku has 3 syllables and Revolver doesn't have a little brother. They're both background characters that happen to fit the roles. Get ready for a character switch.

I know Vrains has been pretty boring so far, but there's no need to put in this kind of effort into your personal fiction of the show

>Still no Aoi.

I think that's supposed to be Revolver, but his duel was so meh people never noticed or forgot already

Excode Talker is shit and Ema will lose to it. How does this make you feel? Also, VJUMP has already leaked, it's boring shit no word at all on the so called Duelists pack 2 full of Neos and Aki,Kiryu,Jesse and Doma arc cards. Yet another boring and uneventful month for YGO as a whole. oh yeah, arc-v manga is in it's final battle already but it's not interesting at all.

At least we get to see more THICCness f.a.m.

that duel was kinda lack luster, it like the blew their load all over the back of Zexal & arc-v

If by Arc-V you mean its first half, when it comes to duels. The Satellite Falcon conclusion of Shun vs Dennis was probably the last truly memorable moment from a duel for the anime.
I guess someone could make a case for Jack vs Sergei, but it's really not in the same kind of league.

everything was fun up till the Synchro arc that's when it mostly into shit.

To be fair, no one really remembers the duels of the first 26 episodes of either Arc-V or Zexal as being among their best.

As an example, I can't be bothered to care that much about Shun vs LDS trio when Shun vs Sora blew it out of the water. Might be being too optimistic though, since Vrains' duels could be mediocre at best the entire way through. It would be really sad if the Yugioh anime never again in its lifetime accomplishes a single duel at the same tier of the past best duels.

I still wish Sora was a qt3.14 girl...

how long until the new episode?

2 hours

This is still the cutest koma

BEST DM DUELS
>atem vs kaiba(duelist kingdom)
>yugi/atem vs pegasus
>jo vs odion
>yugi vs bakura
>yugi vs Atem

BEST GX DUELS
>judai vs amnael
>judai vs kaiser(graduation)
>judai vs edo I and II
>judai vs yubel
>edo vs amon

BEST 5D's DUELS
>yusei vs Jack(I and II)
>yusei, jack, and crow vs Rex Goodwin
>yusei vs Kiryu
>team 5D's vs team ragnarok
>team 5D's(-yusei) vs Aporia
>yusei vs Z-ONE

BEST ZEXAL DUELS
>yuma vs kaito
>yuma vs faker
>yuma vs nasch
>kaito vs Mizael
>yuma vs III
>IV vs Shark
>yuma vs vector

BEST ARC-V DUELS
>shun vs sora
>yuya vs reiji(I and II)
>yuya vs kachidoki
>yuto vs sawatari
>sawatari vs yuya
>shun vs dennis
>jack vs sergey

agreed?

are they gay?

incredibly so.

>arc-V
>no yuya vs yuri
>no yuri vs asuka / sora
>no yuya/yuto vs Ruri / Serena

Anybody still want stuff translated?

I kinda forgot about the fusion dimension.

that said, yuya vs yuri wasn't as good as yuri vs yusho

where is Jack vs Carly?

>>yuto vs sawatari
I mean it was a cool intro for Yuto but this was like a half episode duel. I can't look through my entire mental catalog clearly right now, but I'd put Yuya vs Sora over a 3-minute duel.

Domounaru hayabusa yo

completely forgot it.

but yeah, it's incredible.

fair enough.

>yuya vs yuri
Half the duel was HITOTSU NIIIIIII, and it was garbage duel by itself. Yusho vs Yuri is way better than all the other schlock you picked out of the garbage, and even then I wouldn't really rank it as one of the best.

>a battle of wits
>Playmaker [...] looks for a chance to use Storm Access
Ah yes, the wits.

youtube.com/watch?v=TV0i4iuN2tM
Did you guys sing the ED yet?

>Jack vs sergey
What? I thought everyone dropped it at that point.

>>team 5D's vs team ragnarok
No

>>yuma vs faker
Why would you choose that forgettable boss duel (and antagonist) over Tron?

jack vs sergey was great. It was the event before and after that that was dumb - academia invading and doing nothing, then the Xyz arc.

because vector.

its a cardgame in Virtual world played on surfboards while cosplaying that does take a lot of wits while waiting for the other person to do their turn and then waiting to your/their skill at the right moment.
>yugioh Vrains in a nutshell

Is this translated?

why cant we have a animation with they guys of team Ragnarok that look far more interesting than following Yusei play by himself on a bike.

I bet the staff behind Arc-V wished that everyone did forget the show by then, it would've been less embarrassing in the end

The fundamental problem of VRAINS is that half of the cast are turbo autists and the other half are boring as fuck. You need good characters and good decks to perform good duels. None of them have the required charisma nor interesting decks to pull a duel like those, in first place.

did uh...did you quote the wrong guy there?

And how is that a bad thing so far? Yusaku isn't screaming bring it on or ladies and gentleman every fucking card played. That is huge plus for me. This boring characters feels fresh. Just take a look how good Yusaku reaction feels when he is desperate to end the duels against Aoi to avoid more damage. I couldn't take seriously any emotion from Yuya or Yuya.

Yuma*

to be fair with Yusei that's the best first meeting a MC and MG this franchise has had, the eyes did all the talking in that scene

desu I'm faintly hoping that much more entertaining antagonists (relative to Hanoi and chess pieces) will spontaneously walk into the show, like the Tron family back in Zexal

I just realized that the eye gazing Yusei and Aki had at the very end of the series was a bookend to their very first interaction, 6-7 years late

we have Rock, Bishop and Knight, where is the Queen and King?

Nah, I was just making a comparison of the quality of those duels with the duels in VRAINS. My point is, look at those duels, look at those characters, now look at VRAINS characters. We don't have Yugis, we don't have Judais, we don't have Yumas, or rivals like Kaiba, Jack, Shark. We don't have side characters like Arclights or the LDS, hell, we don't even have side characters.
Half of the spirit of the duel is having good characters and good chemistry between them, but we still don't have anything like that in VRAINS.

So where is Revolver?

You missed three things user-sama;
first: the animation just started.
second: They are still introducing characters.
third: you are a massive faggot.

I mildly like Yusaku and Ai's dynamic, along with hotdog, but it's not so amazing that it makes up for bad characters like Go taking up 2 episodes and Revolver being the most boring chuuni in anime history.

In Tony Stark's cliffside house

even then, fucking Zexal already had Shark by this point, meanwhile the only character most of us look forward is Aoi and that's because her lack of tits, at this rate we will need massive character development or a strong supporting cast, which isn't guaranteed in this franchise

true, but at lest we have Aoi & flat is justice.

Are you legit asking for cheerful and over the top characters already? We need a break from Zexal and Arc-V and Vrains is doing it just fine but those duels need better work and some hype.

today is Aki's birthday, post cute, sexy or kinky Aki's

not over the top, but with a noticeable personality, Shark was a likeable asshole

Shh!! Yusaku is sleeping!

We could, if enough people are interested

Get out of here milkbags, only pure cute girls like Aoi

This is the strongest card to ever exist! Say something nice to it

what were they thinking when they designed the pendulum cards, they look awful and they barely give a YGO feel, the rest of the cards look like a painting in some museum with that marble looking border, Pendulums and Links don't have that anymore

>the rest of the cards look like a painting in some museum with that marble looking border
Technically I'm pretty sure they were (originally) meant to resemble stone tablets, since that's what Yugioh's ancient Egyptians used

Times change.

While the Synchros looking like most of them came out of a Mecha oriented design focus were faitful to the original?
XYZs were also not like the originals.

Is fuji tv a kill?

>tfw stream has 500+ people watching now
>tfw at least 200+ at any other time
>tfw live in the eternal Shadow Game that is Australia
give me card games or give me death

sherming is fine.

How many characters will the main cast have anyways? The same as the number of AI's we see at the beginning?

>still shilling COTD

damn, she THIRSTY.

got a link?

Everybody except The Knights of Hanoi has a Link.

>SPEED DUEL

why

wow they actually changed the link summon shit

wow a new Link summon animation

it's pointless m8

Atleast they didnt reused reused animation

i'm telling you, man
>half an hour of fucking nothing except staring at a spinning "loading" graphic
>"upgrade to VIP goyim, i want your dollary-doos as reparations for the 6 gorillion"
it's not worth it m8

It took 14 episodes but they at least did fix it. And moved a speed duel out of the same endless city backgrounds for once. Baby steps

Find a flaw

She has tiny midget arms in that specific shot

just realized this...

>...
Fuck off.

This is chinese but there's hiragana too. I can't read the chinese

Ignis and the AI were fucking under the bed, weren't they?

massage

Maybe I missed some translations.

Same artist, dunno if it was translated.

Apparently, the chief director for VRAINS was changed from Masahiro Hosoda to Katsuya Asano. Why is VRAINS riddled with production issues?

I knew something felt different about VRAINS now!

Who is hosoda and why is it good that Asano replaced him?