Made in Abyss

Why don't they just fill the abyss in with cement?

Other urls found in this thread:

pasela.co.jp/shop/akihabara/
info.paselabo.tv/2017/07/MADEINABYSS.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why dont they revive Mitty with the box?

idiot bitvch

That would be a lot of fucking cement.

NEW CHAPTERS WHERE?

Soon I hope

the abyss is an economic and scientific gold mine.
even if the world could destroy it (which they probably feasibly cant) they wouldnt.
besides, u know what they do to orphans in this world, they dont give a fuck about human life

Now

Why don't they just harvest the curse and wear it as armor?

>Orth mainly populated by Frodos
>MiAfags tell them they have no idea of what theyre doing, get called faggots
>lots of anons try to base jump and either get eaten by flying creatures or splatted
>some build various flying machines but promptly get shot down or attacked by flying creatures
>Curse deniers ignore anons and claim curse is "altitude sickness" as they ascend slowly while others claim its "decompression sickness" setting up Hyperbaric Chambers within Abyss
>SCUBAnons want to fill Abyss with water thinking it will make descending into Abyss easier but find out theres a sea in the 5th Layer and backpedal into just "fishing for the relics" instead
>Tunnelfags want to tunnel into ocean to cheat descent and curse but become depressed NEETs once they realize all they have is 19th century technology and say the Abyss was gay anyway
>Elevatorfags stop development partway into 2nd layer due to constant monster attacks and foreign delvers fucking with them
>Dantefags set up cult claiming God will smite humanity every 2000 years unless you sacrafice your dog to the Abyss reincarnating them into your personal roboshotas
>Philosophyfags ask user whats at the bottom of the Abyss
>Trapfags set up shop with Ozen promptly renaming the seeker camp to "Maiden Abyss"
>SCIENCEfags become followers of Bonezone, getting made into Praying Hands or otherwise sacrificed for SCIENTIFIC TRIUMPH
>Ancapfags banished to 6th Layer only to realize their paradise is one shit away from ruining everything and proceed to violate the NAP causing the Invisible Hand of the Free Market to reach an equilibrium
>Few anons become White Whistle tier delvers but only so they could sniff and Sosu~Sosu~ Faputa
>1 user who reaches the 7th layer goes straight back to Orth as the fluffiest creature alive and dismisses anons who asks what he saw as "speeddelvers"

>dismisses anons who asks what he saw as "speeddelvers"
heh

An actual estimate based off the depth chart assuming the bottom really is at 20,000m which it might not be and a radius of ~700m you get ~31 cubic kilometres of concrete at minimum (~3,500,000,000 metric tons). This is 10x the production globally all put into one pit. Not to mention the concrete would never set properly at the thickness so your just going to end up floating up all the deadly deadly shit. Imagine taking every flying/climbing monster down there and slowly forcing them to go up. It seems only humans suffer from the curse so your really going to fuck up the surface.

Not to mention the amount of technology, energy and resources needed you might as well develop advanced magical robots and just clear out the abyss without any humans involved.

Part of me wants Nanachi to die but I know that'd make her the focus of the manga for 3-4 chapters i.e. half a year

Why don't they just shoot the curse?

Why don't they take the curse, and push it somewhere else?

>you might as well develop advanced magical robots and just clear out the abyss without any humans involved

seems like that was already attempted

Hello dirty dad posters. I'm back with the new menu.

I want to eat Reg

The real answer is because it's full of valuable crap.

But in Ai Mai Mii land we all know who is responsible.

Nanachi and Mitty's friendship float. :(

shut up

>they're still selling that stone grill
is it really good?

>Ozen's 120-shot Challenge!
>Defy the Immovable Lord in this trial of strength and earn the right to your own Moon Whistle.
>But beware! If you lose, you are legally obligated to serve the customs of the Abyss Café for one hour wearing a cute maid dress!

I can fill your abyss with semen, if you know what i mean

>Reg's float looks like his helmet and collar.
That's neat, but

>Nanachi's has a pink lump of ice cream with a single red "eye"
Is that supposed to be Mitty? That's kind of fucked up.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is that menu from some sort of anime-themed cafe located in Japan/USA?

>Neritantan Nest Sandwiches
>Take these cute little bread rolls animals
>Tear them open and stuff them with ingredients, then eat them
This menu's a lot darker than the other one.

It's a collaboration with a Karaoke cafe in Akihabara.

pasela.co.jp/shop/akihabara/

info.paselabo.tv/2017/07/MADEINABYSS.html

Considering the size of the abyss. No shit they can't do that.

Why not
We just need enough cement

Why not just send enough airships to gun down all of the flying beasts, then?

why are you such an asshole

Because you couldn't tresspass the underwater layer of the abyss, duh.
What you really need is a submarine or nukes.

BUILD
TUNNEL

Mind posting the previous one?

Because the second those flying beasts go up and you are forced to deal with bleeding from every orifice while piloting an airship, you'll crash, die, lose an airship and all of the resources onboard and brought with you, and more than likely agitate other wildlife in the process, so even if your pilots survived, they would be eaten. Furthermore, random Delvers probably wouldn't like the idea of potentially being fired upon by gunships, and some might just straight-up sabotage/attack you, which would definitely not be a cost-effective strategy. Especially when they can steal the shit on your airship and just fuck off.

Then use an UCAV.

I don't get this nuke meme. The odds of you caving in massive chunks of the Abyss or damaging the external walls and filling the entire abyss with water are dramatically higher than simply killing off most of the wildlife, and if you were trying to explore the still-extremely dangerous cursed Abyss in a sub, you need to deal with the dangerous underwater life, exploring in total darkness, and the effects of the curse without any sufficient indicator of how deep you are anymore. I can also imagine that communication with a submersible robot would be literally impossible at those depths.

why are ai and mai doing that?

Remember what time period we're in. You've only got fantasy-zeppelins with guns strapped to them to work with.

>Huge rock falls from a platform
>Down millions of dollars and random foreigners can easily steal the tech, in addition to the fact that your potential search and reclaim crew has to fight Abyss monsters to retrieve that technology
>Said random foreigners can just use that same tech to shoot your own jets down and help secure their own camps in the Abyss

Then a steam powered UCAV

The force field actually jam signals too, especially between layers. Since it absorbs visible light, it probably absorb other wavelength as well. The praying hands use some sort of radio device, but it's possibly only operable in the same depth at close range

Is this shit any good or just an excuse for loli/shotacons? The premise seems interesting

It genuinely is pretty good. Just read the mango user. The lolis are just the cherry on top.

The lolis are a distraction, really.

The setting is extremely interesting and much of the character interaction is very sound. So far we haven't had a single genuine villain, but we've had more peril and consequence than many 700+ chapter Shonen series. It's actually a great manga. Especially if you're a lolicon/shotacon/both.

Why nobody thought yet about using a warp drive to reach the 7th layer?

>So far we haven't had a single genuine villain
Wrong.

Quick someone give me an idea I can ask in the drawthread that involves this picture.

Bondrewd is an antagonist at his absolute worst. His dumb Praying Hands severing Reg's arm notwithstanding, he had no intention of actually hurting them beyond studying Reg even further, but they needed to get past him to further traverse the Abyss.
His studies and research are exclusively to help humanity survive the 2000-year cycle that will destroy them and further deepen the Abyss, and he distinctly remembers every single one of his subjects, down to their personalities and quirks, and holds them dearly to his heart. After he died, he gave them his blessing and wanted dearly to have them succeed, and might be actively spying on them to make sure they find what they want. Hell, even with his lab destroyed, his combat body obliterated, and many, many lost cartridges, he held no grudge and sent them off happily. He's really hard to actually call a villain despite his horrific inhumane experimentation.

I still don't get how sea of corpses works. Apparently the seabed is strong enough to support an entire ocean on it but soft enough for the elevator to past through? How does that work?

>inb4 "abyssal magic, son"

>greater good apologia
He was a twisted, and immoral monster. The science is just an excuse for the fulfillment of his own selfish desires.

The elevator shit is literally ancient abyss magic. Maybe it is powered by the whirlpool somehow as it starts from the center of the whirlpool and goes straight down.

He has no desires other than "Witnessing the Dawn" because he knows that humanity (or at least Orth will end after the cycle. He uses every tool he can to further his goal, most especially Zoaholic and his beam cutter. In fact he's the most likely to not need his own research, considering Zoaholic will restore his form the instant some other random human finds it and accidentally downloads BonJovi.exe onto their own body.

The first cafe and this new karaoke collab both have the stone grill but they're made of different ingredients.

What I'm saying is that the line about him doing it for humanity is just a lie that he tells himself. The zoaholic sped up his insanity, and he uses 'the greater good' as an excuse to indulge himself. At best he's morbidly curious and doesn't care about others.

That abyss parfait makes me fucking hungry.

>smell: cognition-robbing

>Nanachi and Mitty's Friendship Float
>Mitty is a small blob of pink icecream
Amazing

I liked the previous menu better though, that Abyss Icecream thing looked fucking amazing

It keeps happening.

Bonedrewd isn't a villain though. His intentions don't overlap with the party's so they end up fighting, but he's only doing what he thinks is best for the world. Yes, he's pretty insane at this point, but that doesn't change the fact that his experiments and science are all there to help humanity survive. He's the best shot anyone has at making the abyss their bitch and living past the current 2000 year cycle.

You'll have actual threads not thousands of over 500 replies with nothing.

It's a bit weird to explain and the few pictures we have from it don't make a whole lot of sense.

I'll try to explain it why offering pictures in series of posts.

So first off, we have Shiggy describing it. Here we see that the Sea is broken into layers, with lower and muddier, denser waters somehow supporting upper layers. These layers are akin to a slice of swiss cheese, in that there are holes here and there that allow you to drop deeper following the flow of water. There is solid land here, mostly around the rim and exterior edge of the Sea, but very little to none interspersed through the interior.

I don't think Bonedude himself ever made any kind of excuses, he is a sociopath and just doesn't really have much empathy for others so he doesn't see anything wrong with sacrificing kids as long as it gets him closer to his goal, overcoming the curse and witnessing the dawn - the beginning of the next cycle.

In some ways he is a lot more sane and realistic than anyone else in that world, he is approaching the problem and trying to solve it instead of just saying this is how the world is, we all return to the abyss sometime.

Nanachi confirmed for thicc?

Next we have the party overviewing the extensive size of the sea from the shoreline.

Nanachi says that there are weird frozen water supports; how they function as supports is unknown, but they presumably somehow help to shape the layers into the rough circular shapes we see often. We see similar construction connecting the Idofront to shore in the next picture.

In the background, you can see how massive the 5th layer is in how it keeps going and going; you can also see a similar pillar thing like the one above the Idofront in the back left. There's a very clean delineation between the bottom of the 4th and the surface of the water also on the left. Multiple waterfalls flow down from the 4th layer and feed into the Sea.

>I don't think Bonedude himself ever made any kind of excuses

It's not something explicit, is the thing. There's two parts to him. One being the sociopath who has no qualms with doing horrific things to innocents for his own personal gain. The other is the side that's doing the former for the benefit of everyone. I think the latter is just an excuse for the former. Him abandoning that after being defeated seems to me to show that it wasn't a deeply held conviction to begin with.

I forgot to add that the verticality of the sea is very strange in that parts of it will just be floating on other parts of it, and water doesn't flow the same way we're used to.

You can see some of the frozen supports have collapsed to form a path either deeper into the layer, across it, or both.

I want Ozen to dominate me.

not gonna say id win but a drinking challenge with ozen sounds thrilling to be honest. id try and wear the dress with a smile lol.

>the crushing force of 120,000 men jerking you off

>Him abandoning that after being defeated
For now and really only because he's still able to explore the lower layers through Nanachi.
He lost almost all of his equipment, he doesn't have Zoaholic anymore to be able to freely experiment on himself, the party put him in a position where he really can't do much anymore in the foreseeable future - He's just being realistic.
I'm sure he'll try to build his labs up again and probably try and incorporate whatever Nanachi finds down there. He "overcame" the curse in the sense that he can still see the lower levels without actually going there himself, that's one part of his goal already done with. Chances are they will find something relating to the 2000 year cycles and hand Bondrewd vital information as to how to deal with it that he can base his new research on.

Next we have a shot of the Idofront. You can see the large, strange structure that reaches out to support the Idofront in the water, that the party must traverse. It shares design features with the supports we saw collapsed earlier.

Here you can see more of the strange curved edges where the water flows abruptly straight down into holes in the otherwise flat surface of the water. The Idofront's beam appears to be not only somehow stopping the giant pillar of water above it, but could also potentially be creating a barrier over the immediate area as well, preventing an upper level of the sea from directly contacting a lower level.

There's also a strange hollow column below the Idofront with an unknown purpose; presumably the elevator must drop through it, but it clearly doesn't go all the way down to the 6th layer since the party could see out into the ocean.

>t. user with a death wish

Now we have a shot from within the sea on the elevator.

Here we can see how the denser waters have collected massive amounts of bones.

Not much else to talk about here.

You don't understand. Every time I see her my dick jumps up and I feel this need to be pressured by this tallest girl.

55 hours until Regu vs Ozen
I'm so fucking excited
Help

If he lost zoaholic how exactly does nanachiTV work? There was a post in one of the earlier threads speculating that it was the zoaholic that allowed him to see through nanachi's eyes. It's certainly plausible but no explanation was actually given in the manga.

Finally we have a shot of the 6th layer, showing parts of the Sea floating in the sky above in the top left of the shot.

Now, as to how in the world it's all held up, I have no idea. It could be the actual force field, it could be some other type of force field, it could part of some ancient mechanism, it could be those weird frozen supports, etc.

Basically it boils down to weird layers of water full of holes and shit floating over the 6th layer, with open areas here and there between the layers with all kinds of odd ancient structures dotted throughout. Something keeps these separate chunks of water constantly circulating as well, with the lower areas of each bit full of denser, dirtier water that collects corpses; water also flows down from the 4th layer and above to feed into the sea. Hope that kind of helps even though it didn't really answer a lot of question.

If the bottom is at the top, if you go up do you go down?

>There was a post in one of the earlier threads speculating that it was the zoaholic that allowed him to see through nanachi's eyes.
We don't know how exactly he's doing it but I really doubt it has anything to do with Zoaholic. Probably just some random relic that has that as its explicit purpose, maybe it's a part of his helmet

On another note, that asshole seems to know what the hell happens every 2000 years. It'd be interesting if there was a sidestory with another character asking him about that, even if all he gave was very cryptic answers.

He actually didn't lose zoaholic. The team ended up not destroying it due to prushka's wish hence why he is still alive via other bodies.

Destroying Zoaholic shouldn't have any effect on his other fragments though, it's just a tool that splits your consciousness/soul and implants it into other bodies.
I don't really remember but didn't Nanachi make Reg fire his Incinerator at it during his battle with Bon?

Reg just sorta blew up the entire place. But riko was near zoaholic before nanachi warned her to run away. So maybe it didn't get caught in this explosion.

4-armed dude was sitting right at it, then came up later and tackled Reg, so it's safe to say Reg missed the Zoaholic with that shot.

I believe nanachi mentions that she's going to dismantle the zoaholic when she's talking to dying top half of bondad. However, afterward, prushka rock pops out ofnthe prushka soup and she seems to have some sort of communication with riko. Her past wish is for the group and her dad to end their conflict. Later, as they leave to 6th layer, they look back at bondrewd and the leftover praying hands and reg said something like " is it okay to leave things like this?" It seem like they never get to explicitly destroy zoaholic during the battle nor afterward

>But beware! If you lose, you are legally obligated to serve the customs of the Abyss Café for one hour wearing a cute maid dress!

Plus naked hanging.

> men jerking you off
That's gay.

I just want everyone to be okay and not lewd.

Why would they? The point is that she wouldn't have to suffer an eternity of suffering after Nanashi dies.

is the gothic amazoness going to dominate the dark amputee shota this episode or the next one?

Ep 7 is going to have the one-sided beatdown of reg.

I'm going to japan soon. I might actually get a chance to try these out.

Yes

>in this world

Child slavery was a think not too long ago here too, kids died in mines every day.

But why? Theres no reason aside from the riches of the abyss to live there to begin with, so it's like asking why Vegas doesn't prohibit gambling.
Sure, it comes with its fair share of problems, but at the end of the day its worth it.

Was it ever explained in the manga if the whistles have any practical use or if it's just a rank insignia?
This is one of the details i would love an explanation of, but i feel like i won't get one