GODZILLA 怪獣惑星

youtube.com/watch?v=16K-M2IzTWw

New GODZILLA PV

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-16/1st-godzilla-anime-film-trailer-unveils-new-head-design/.120180
youtube.com/watch?v=pc_J5msf9nc
youtube.com/watch?v=LbwaXQUHouo&t=335s
youtube.com/watch?v=RbGnV1sE3OM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it going to be a deconstruction of the monster genre?

Polygon uses every animation to experiment with something new.
I guess the animation aspect Polygon is working on now is explosions.
Those are some nice explosions.

Everything Polygon makes looks like shit. This is no exception.

Character animation looks smoother here compared to the studio's previous works. About time they started doing away with the limited animation CG nonsense.

FAT GOJIRA

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-16/1st-godzilla-anime-film-trailer-unveils-new-head-design/.120180

>One day, in the final summer of the 20th century, humans learned for the first time that they are not the only rulers of the planet known as Earth.Who will go extinct — humans, or Godzilla?

The last summer of the 20th Century. That day, the human beings learn that they are not the only ruler of the planet Earth. The appearance of the giant living creatures “Kaiju's” and the ultimate existence that destroys all monsters: Godzilla. Through the battle against kaiju's that lasted for half a century, human beings has experienced continuous defeat, and finally plans to escape from the Earth. And in 2048, only those who were selected by the A.I. managed under the central government boarded the inter-sidereal emigrant spaceship “Aratrum” to head for “Tau Cetus e”, the planet beyond the distance of 11.9 light-year. However, the environmental condition differences between that of the Earth and Tau e, which they finally arrived after 20 years were far beyond the predicted numbers, and was not an environment considered to be habitable by human beings.

The young man on the emigrant ship: Haruo, who saw his parents killed by Godzilla in front of his eyes when he was 4 years old, had only one thing in his mind for 20 years: to return to the Earth and defeat Godzilla. Shut out from the possibility of emigration, as the living environment in the ship deteriorates, the group of “Earth Returnists” led by Haruo became the majority, and determines to head back to Earth through a dangerous long-distance hyperspace navigation. However, the Earth they have returned has already passed the time of 20,000 years, and has become an unknown world with the ecosystem reigned by Godzilla.

At the end, will human beings win back the Earth? And what will Haruo see beyond his fate?

>everything looks the same as Sidonia and Blame
>even wrote some space setting to reuse old assets

Yeah, the effects and backgrounds look great, but the model's faces are so bland.

there is no tan in space

Is this the one made by the butcher?

>that choppy animation

why does 3d anime always do this

Godzilla is already a """deconstruction""" of the monster genre. Have you literally not watched a single Godzilla film in your life?

Yes

It is.

Spoiler : godzilla was human

>watching a "deconstruction" of a genre that you don't know
Dumbfuck

>Shit writing + shit animation = JUST fuck my shit up

Poor Godzilla

>Poor Godzilla
Shin Godzilla literally just came out last year and it was a solid 8/10.

Question, how does japan write godzilla's screech ?
America write it as SKREONK in comic right ?

Polygon animation look ugly

i really hate that "Sidonia space suit texture"

seen like Polygon used it for every thing involved with space

Atomic breath motherfucker!

Bleh cgi, i feel spoiled by Gantz:o

>bara godzilla

STAHP

Blame! looked better

I swear if they animate this at 12fps again

I just have no idea anymore.

the effect is exacerbated because literally everything is extremely detailed, but the faces are plain because muh anime
If anything, UV rays propagate especially well in space.

What if they got Nihei on asset design?

because everything Polygon made involved with space was created by Nihei.
These suits look somewhat different. Only the hard plastic shells have the Nihei texture.

Hurry up and release this crap already, the butcher has better things to do

>that roar

>at 12fps again
helps you fap to each frame better if you're into that

not just the suit
even the space ship and the rocket

their Philippines slaves are busy fighting ISIS rightnow

the frame rate will be even lower

I'm excited, fuck you guys.

>Kana Hanazawa and Sugita Tomokazu
Ay I'm ready

>Godzilla but in the future
>''okay, this might be interesting''
>they are still trying to kill it with small bombs and pewpew machineguns

why even bother then

i dig it desu

DOES GODZILLA EVEN HAVE ANY EYES?

I thought nips mostly outsourced CG to gooks or chinks?

This is looks more game CGI than feature film CGI desu.

Sounds great, looks like ass

Why couldn't it have been a Taiwanese puppet show? It would have looked a lot better.

>animates at like 12 fps

No

Judging by the size of the gunships compared to Godzilla, and taking perspective into account plus the explosive effect, I'm pretty confident in saying those were cannons firing HEAT rounds and not just rooty tooty point and shooties.

>Polygon CG getting better with every project
Shame threads will be ruined by CG haters. They're like bots

I don't hate CG, i'd love to see CG anime done to the quality of the 3d animation in a lot of cel shaded video games, like CC2's work on the Naruto games or Asura's Wrath (webm related), but CG in anime is almost always shit.

Literally different budgets. It's like asking for movie quality in TV series. But yeah, you faggots will shit threads for sure.
>where is my 60fps?
>where is my Gantz tier CGI?
>muh Guilty Gear Xrd
>CG is cheap and EZ!
>repeat thousand times

at least Iron man AD was good animation for its time

>Literally different budgets.

If they can't make it llook good to a bare minimum level with the budget in question then they shouldn't bother going for that style to begin with.

Anyways, it's not an issue of budget. The godzilla trailer would be fine (but not impressive) if it didn't have the choppy like 12 FPS animation. But it wouldn't cost them extra money to avoid it. Why? because 3d animation software litterally fucking interpolates your animation between keyframes for you. CG in anime looking choppy and low framerate isn't the result of less work or effort, it's the result of them going out of their way to make it look that way for some retarded ass reason

t. somebody who has used software

and Japan gave Bearzilla crap for its design.
>Flee from the planet because Godzilla was fucking it up
>Return to it later on anyway
Humanity is stupid

That's his nose

So, when is that EVA vs Godzilla anime coming out?

Use 1.25 speed for good framerate

After 4.44

Humanity should have invested in giant robots while they had the chance.
And what kind of lizard lives for 20 thousand years anyway.
Also, there's just one Godzilla (as far as we know). Can't they just give him a continent to himself and build civilization on the other side of the planet? Earth is a big place

>And what kind of lizard lives for 20 thousand years anyway.
Well the 2014 American version is from the Permian period. Which should make it a little over 250 million years old
>Can't they just give him a continent to himself and build civilization on the other side of the planet?
Problem is that in this story there are more then just one Kaiju

Polygon have studio in SEA

>Why couldn't it have been a Taiwanese puppet show?
they have a puppet Godzilla for Shin Godzilla though

youtube.com/watch?v=pc_J5msf9nc
youtube.com/watch?v=LbwaXQUHouo&t=335s
youtube.com/watch?v=RbGnV1sE3OM

Then why are they targetting Godzilla when he is suppose to be the ultimate kaiju killer

To become the ultimate kaiju killer you have to kill the ultimate kaiju killer

>Urobutcher
Dropped.

>CGI garbage
Not even once

To be the become the.....

>and Japan gave Bearzilla crap for its design.
Thats because Annozilla didn't exist at the time

>Also, there's just one Godzilla (as far as we know). Can't they just give him a continent to himself and build civilization on the other side of the planet? Earth is a big place
He was actively hunting humans down

Since this is Urobuchi, I'm willing to bet that Godzilla (and most probably all the other kaiju as well) will eventually turn out to be humans themselves. Maybe a genetic engineering experiment gone wrong. This seems to be taking place in the future because they've already invented warp drives and shit. So I'm imagining their genetic tech is pretty advanced as well. Maybe they tried to make super soldiers, failed, and ended up with the kaiju instead. I mean, Urobuchi stories usually follow the same formula. Madoka, Psycho Pass, Gargantia all have the same big reveal. Godzilla might be the same.