Tamako Market was shit, but did the movie save this series?

Tamako Market was shit, but did the movie save this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kdqQqKAg70Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tamako Market was great, as was the movie.Truly an underrated gem.

It was a shit romance movie, it basically does every single bad cliche and things you can do wrong with romance in 90 minutes.

10/10 movie from KyoAni

>kyoani
>romance
Ive not seen it, but I get the feeling that it was platonic as fuck

Both of them were fucking bad. However, at least Lovestory served as a proper conclusion. I have the opinion that if youre not gonna pull through on the romantic subplot dont ever dare to fucking imply or bring it up in the first place. I hate these shitty implications so much.

Why do you think it was great? It's not horrible but it's terribly mediocre and bland. The best and only episode I remember is about Tamako's father's past.

The movie had the focus the series direly needed. I still don't know why the bird or the Islanders were there or what they added.

It's literally called Tamako Love Story you fucking retard

Mascot characters sell merchandise, not including one is a miss opportunity.

It's pussyfooting until the last couple of minutes of the film, it wasn't a love story, just how a relationship started.

Yeah but its still kyoani
Its probably very sterile and bland

No. The movie wasn't a total waste of time, but it couldn't save Tamako Market from being an unfocused and poorly written show.

anko-hime

The movie was fantastic, one of the best things in the past 7 years.

Both Tamako Market and Love Story are 10/10s
The best parts of Love Story hinge on Tamako's character and how she was developed throughout the TV series.

manko

It's what Tamako Market should have been.

say what you want about the show and movie overall, but i don't know if anything has broken my heart as hard as the episodes about Tamako's father, his adolescence, the way he clings to tradition because he can't quite let go of his wife, the way his experience affects his children.

The show handled dealing with a death in the family really well. Tamako herself transferring her mother onto the entire market was a really big part of the show and the movie.

That was the only good part of the show. The rest were forgettable.
Also that fucking bird needed to die.

yes

definitely seems like they didn't know how to handle the subject of shotengai decay in japan. like the replacement of locally owned and managed, distinctly japanese shopping arcades by corporate malls is bad, and they wanted to make a point about it in the show. but i guess they leaned too hard on the idea of Tamako as the symbol of the shotengai and the bird/tropical people as like a permissibly self-interested yet ultimately malign influence while also keeping it all entertaining that they lost the point they tried to make. a bit too ambitious to pull off well.

anyway the show does a lot of things well, especially adolescent love and tamako saying things like "anko-hime", "GON", and laughing at/embarrassing her great, crusty ass dad

The series was saved by Kanna

Watched ep. 1 yesterday. Is it worth continuing?
anko a cute

Not really. There's only one or two episodes worth watching, but the entire series is mediocre.

The dad episode is pretty good, at least watch until then.

stay for brown Azunya

Watch more than 24 anime before you post on this board.

What

You're a fucking newfag is what

How the hell does that post imply anything

Anime was meh, because it was a safe bet from kyoani. Everything about it was "safe", to ensure a decent hit.

Never watched the movie, frankly i didn't know it even existed.

>Tamako Market was shit
Tamako Market was good. The only thing holding it back were the island characters, who were a pointless subplot that distracted from the real main character. Remove them and make it all about Tamako and the other townsfolk and the show becomes 10/10.

You don't know because you're a blatant fucking newfag. Go watch more anime.

Saw it 2 days ago. The moment when Mochizou telling her about muh feels is just amazing and probably the best part of movie.

It was dumb, contrived shit. If they wanted to write such an unrealistic and gushy romance they could have at least made it good and exciting. I didn't feel anything at all about the girl, she was entirely bland. The boy, if you can call him that was terrible
>write a meek little girl
>draw a boy
It was terrible, but that's what I get for watching something from the studio that advanced moeshit to a science.

I wanted my time back after I finished it.

>You're a fucking newfag is what
Honestly, I completely agree with him about the series, and while I don't say this to brag, I'm almost certain I've been watching anime for almost as long if not longer than you've been alive.

This. Without love story TV felt unfinished. And that dumb fat bird was out of place most of the time. Movie was great.
If only they made Hyouka movie too.. instead of crap like Kanata

So you're a nostalgiafag who's still mad about mecha dying?

>bland
It's literally got one of the most vibrant settings and art direction of the last decade

>mad about mecha dying
God, no.
What got me into anime were shows like Ronin Warriors, Saint Seiya, and Maison Ikkoku.

Tamako Love Story is terrible as a love story. Market is more successful at being CGDCT

You must be joking, it was a standard looking urban setting with sterile kyoani art. Like a poor man's Abenobashi.

Yeah you're an idiot who has no idea what your saying. I simply gave a thought about the show.

I agree art was good but the setting was nothing special.

Yes the setting was very urban, very grey and sterile

Holy shit nigger, did you hit your head hard?

>standard looking urban setting
christ

Yeah man, bright warm colors are so amazing literally no anime ever has those or a basic urban setting. Looks the same as every teenage urban anime with half decent budget.

I dare you to name 3 teenage urban anime that look as good and vibrant as this.

Why does everyone hate Dera? I thought he was funny.

That one doujin where he turns into human ruined him for me.

because people hate fun

The movie is one of the greatest kyoanis but I think people that call tamako market shit shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.

>tamako market shit shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it
You're right. TM set the whole stage for it. People complain there was no romantic development in the show, but that was the point. They were characterized outside the context of their romance which made the payoff so much better.

> namefag being cunt
why dont you kys, faget?

> payoff
lul
Tamako TV was below average 日常系アニメ ya dumb newfag
there are literally THOUSANDS of shows like that. Lurk more faggot

He's hit or miss. Hated him at first but he had some great scenes later on

>lul
how about you fucking kill yourself you dumb cunt

>kys
back to Sup Forums you fucking embarrassment

No, there quite literally aren't. Tamako Market is unique in how its setting and side characters tie so strongly in establishing the type of girl the MC is. Tamako is inseparable from the Usagiyama shopping district, she is one part of a big family (everyone who lives there) who all support each other. When Tamako walks by the shops every day, there is a warm feeling of familiarity as people of all ages greets her once more, the small talk is a spark of

This is different from your usual SoL focus. Take GochiUsa for example, which on a surface level has a similarly bright and cheerful dreamlike setting. But there is no focus on the setting of GochiUsa, it's almost entirely about a group of five teenage girls who also happen to work at cafes. You can change the setting from Eastern France to Hong Kong and nothing would change. The setting of GochiUsa is a backdrop to show characters interacting with each other, whereas with Tamako Market the setting and the characters are distinctly tied together.

>responding honestly to an autistic offboarder
don't waste your time

>there is a warm feeling of familiarity as people of all ages greets her once more, the small talk is a spark of life brought to everything around it.
Fixed.

Tamako and Midori are underrated characters

why is kyoani so /fa/

Series was great, movie was not necessary.

>bland
You clearly don't know what that words means.

>there are literally THOUSANDS of shows like that.
Name 20. Shouldn't be hard considering your claim, right?

dick looking?

No, it's both shit. The only good thing about it were Kanna and Choi.

Ta-ma-ko Mar-ke-to

The series was great in retrospective after watching the movie. Just like endless eight after disappearance.

Midori is pure love

Both movie and tv series were really good. Beautiful romantic story.

>Why does everyone hate Dera? I thought he was funny.

Almost dropped the series for that shit

N E W F A G
E
W
F
A
G

K Y S

i love all the versions of this song, especially this one.

youtu.be/kdqQqKAg70Y

>telephone nambah
HNNNNGGGGGGGG

>Tamako Market was shit
No, fuck you, it wasn't. You have terrible taste.

Muh crack ship

I don't, probably one of the best in the show. I missed him so much in the movie.