Psycho Pass

Was it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5OlmcCcIC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>written by the hack that wrote fate
Gee. I wonder.

Meh.

It was fun to watch live with Sup Forums (like literally every anime), but otherwise it was pretty mediocre and generic.

Its a fun ride start to finish

That first episode was somewhat promising, but then it only got progressively worse and increasingly retarded.
I dropped it around episode 17 because I couldn't deal with it anymore. I hear nothing but negative things about the movie and S2, so I guess I made the right choice.

would be better if that bitch with the short hair wasn't it in it

above average but not amazing. Just watch the first season (first 2 cours) and maybe the movie and be done with it. It had promise but all the literature name dropping was pretty cheesy.

I've dropped less than 10 anime before finishing the first season and this was one of them. Interesting setting and world which had it's potential thrown away every chance it got.

Was it deep and philosophical like everyone says or just a straight forward police show?

Only interesting to those that have never read philosophical and dystopian book before

It was neither

It tried to be. If you've never read scifi or cyberpunk then sure, but its nothing groundbreaking. It is as far as anime goes though.

It sucked. The antagonist is a retard, and it fails at being thought provoking.
It has a terrible message and the only redeeming thing about the show is the presentation.

>like literally every anime
Ehh, I wouldn't say that.

Would be better if it goes to "Monster/Criminal of the Week" route like X-Files or Criminal Minds.

Why do you act as if one needs to have read novels in order to call this shit? I could tell back when it first aired that it wasn't good and lord knows how young I was back then. It just isn't good and if you're unable to tell this first hand you should never start reading books.

Pretentious edgy shit

Quite interesting before the usual buchi twist (____ IS HUMAN!) came around.

It sucked. Monster of the week overrated trash.

>Was it any good?

Sure it was.

>would be better if that bitch with the short hair wasn't it in it

Maybe once the series finally reaches a conclusion. They're running out of time for a massive, world shattering sequel to still be relevant. God it'd be great if this series had actual talent behind it. Nothing will ever happen in this series. Questions will never be answered. Nobody behind Psycho Pass has the confidence to actually go anywhere with the series. I hate the japanese.

S1 is ok as long as you ignore some stupid plot points. It tries to look more serious and smart than it is, but I still had fun with it. S2 is a trainwreck, not even a fun one.

How the hell did Psycho Pass "make her do" that?

Having seen PP I can safely say I do not know.

I enjoyed it a good deal. Some bits are that great, but I recommend it to all my friends. It didn't particularly move me, but I found it engaging enough as a sci Fi nerd. PsychoPass2 was a mistake, though.

>PsychoPass2 was a mistake, though.

I thought it was on par with season one.

In what way could you possibly think season 2 was "on par" with season one?

both were irredeemable shit.

Mindfuckery, Sibyl shenanigans, suffering, people getting pizza'd and Akane being a hero to the max.

Most anons on this board either watch in 2x speed or browse Sup Forums while they watch anime. Its best to not take things said here to seriously.
See what I mean?

Are you posting that Valvrave image on purpose?

it's to reflect my reaction/emotion that goes with my comment

It was passable. The second season's trailer got me so hype, I thought it was going to be awesome, but it sucked balls.
youtube.com/watch?v=c5OlmcCcIC4

>egoist song
red flag

Egoist was in the first season you sperglord.

playing the straight man are we?

The interplay between Makishima and Kougami made the show great, and that's why season 2 and the movie were so bad. If you reject Psycho Pass as merely unintelligent or needlessly pretentious then you must have misunderstood this because some features of season 1 were /lit/ as fuck

.t never read and understood a book in his life

I reject psycho pass as being psuedo intellectual garbage and I haven't even watched it.

t. hasn't read Heart of Darkness
You're kidding yourself if you refuse it's relevancy. The only thing Psycho Pass was missing was subtlety. You don't see just how good it could have been

>Three clicks right. Two clicks left. Five clicks east. *BANG* You did it Kougami! *Three seconds later the round actually impacts*

It was this hamfisted scene that started things off on the wrong foot for me.

What you're trying to say has nothing to do with you being too unintelligent to read and comprehend a single book

How about you make an argument? You're too unintelligent to watch anime so why should I take your evaluation of literature seriously?

>You don't see just how good it could have been
Not that user, that's just stupid. You could apply that logic to many shows and say they were much more than they were. You even said it yourself, it lacked subtlety, and that a huge deal. It like saying a show would be good if it didn't had retarded plot points and calling people idiots for pointing them out

My argument is already there. The reason I don't value your input is because you're stupid. So is psycho-pass.

>my reason for disagreement is an ad hominem assertation
alright

No. I have plenty of evidence. I don't 'disagree' or agree with you on anything though. You don't fucking know me.

I'm saying that the framework was excellent and people seem to either misunderstand or dismiss how good Kougami and Makishima really were. About the worst thing I can say about psycho pass is the misguided focus on Sibyl

You really never read a book in your life did you?

I didn't like it first time watching it but on the second it was a solid 9/10. Akane is a beautiful character.
Too bad it makes a lot of people insecure about their intelligence because of the nature of the show, but really Fukami took it too far with the name dropping. It's the only flaw in the series.

Movie had some interesting moments and S2 is fucking shit.

This. The villain did nothing for me. Also, the background stories for the squad members could have been fleshed out more.

You can stop now, user, I get the picture

season 1 was a masterpiece but i'm pretty sure i dropped season 2 like 3 episodes in

Akane is one of the few examples of a female lead done right. Everything else was unremarkable.

not an argument

>generic.
>The setting is a Dystopia made out of a Utopia

You must be retarded because that is the rarest form of dystopia. It was the opposite of generic.

Unsurprisingly, people who dislike the series are the ones who never touched a book in their lives.

Mate, dystopia IS corrupted utopia

Don't bother with him. He likes PP. He's never read a book in his life. I suspect he's female at this point too.

>framework was excellent
doesn't mean shit if the execution wasn't on par.
>misunderstand or dismiss how good Kougami and Makishima really were
No
>misguided focus on Sibyl
But Sybil and the world it created is the point of the show, and are way more interesting to explore than than "cop and the bad guy are not not so different" or whatever the fuck. Akane and her questioning the system she lives in is way more relatable and interesting than villain doesn't fit in so he starts murdering people.

Not the same user who said the same thing but you'd realize how shallow Psycho Pass is once you've consumed considerable amount of good fiction. You don't even need to read literature, even in this medium and genre alone people have produced great philosophical fiction with depth. Someone like Otomo or Oshii have better philosophical work where characters aren't foil for grander ideas that never materialize.

Kek.

Way to show the antis are fucking brainlets who can't even understand a straightforward show.

Hell. A random kid's show does scifi better and more subtle than PP

I love this pic so much.

>Nasu wrote meme-pass guise
>im such le oldfag xd
Its time to bite the bullet, normalshit.

But normalfags love PP and Fate. Your insults aren't making any sense.

By "misguided" focus I meant that revealing the mechanisms of Sibyl was a mistake, the brain system was just too over the top and full of holes. I think that it was at its best as a general mode of legislature and governance, Psycho Pass was about character interaction with Sibyl and others under Sibyl, so it served best as a setting and general cause. It could have been handled far more gracefully, in my opinion, perhaps as an AI with integration of different trains of logic
Don't take this as me claiming Psycho Pass as on par with actual literature, at it's core it's simple and unsophisticated. It's entertainment media. That doesn't prevent it from having compelling integration of ideas and themes, though. Consider me entertained by Psycho Pass and it's themes, I really consider it a step above most anime of the same era

>That doesn't prevent it from having compelling integration of ideas and themes
>It's entertainment media
Stopped reading there

clearly u didn't because u read the next sentence

>By "misguided" focus I meant that revealing the mechanisms of Sibyl was a mistake, the brain system was just too over the top and full of holes.
You're right on that one

I liked it. Wish season 2 and the movie were as good as season 1

>That doesn't prevent it from having compelling integration of ideas and themes, though.
Those ideas and themes are compelling because of their nature, not because PP made it so. The fact that PP pretends it is profound piece of fiction is what makes it pretentious.

They are though

No, PP is pretentious because it doesn't properly handle its themes. Not because it pretend to be profound. Plenty of profound fiction pretends it is while being so.

>plenty of profound fiction pretends it is while being so

>tension
?

stupid eva poster

>plenty of profound fiction pretends it is while being so

Season one was pretty good, ignore the snobs in this thread. S2 was genuinely pretty lame though.

digits confirm

It was good until they solved the mystery by going on 2ch and asking about oats

>no one got the point of this show
It was good if you're into philosophy

No, it's really bad if you're into anything.

Wow, I thought Sup Forums would like this or at least not hate it.
Show is great. Lots of people are having issues with the themes, but I thought they were fine and were telegraphed properly through the characters, which is probably the high-point and more important. Gen sort of struck a decent balance between his themes vs. characters in PP, but he is much more suited to more character oriented stories than thematical/philosophical stories (see TBF his best show). Perhaps giving him 22 episodes was too much or too little for him. Interesting and great setting and premise though.

PP1 was so good, that PP2 paled in comparison, however PP2 can still hold its own. It's basically the epitome of a sequel without the same people behind it. Trying to capture the success of what it is continuing with mediocre results.

PP Movie was all right. Nice to see all the character's growth but felt more OVA-esque than actual continuation of the story. I guess it is a nice way to leave the series off if IG and Gen don't decide to return back to PP. I wish they would though. Perhaps some backstory episodes to see how Japan adopted/transformed Sybil, which was the most interesting part of PP2.

You confused this site with MAL again buddy. I'm awaiting your review in eager.

it was so bad I dropped it after the first episode

>however PP2 can still hold its own
I was gonna post a laughing image for you, but then you made me remembered how stupid the plot was in s2 and now I'm angry again

Season 1 was kinda good, but not as nearly good as GITS tv. 2 is just shit. And movie is somewhere near that.

When you realize that Akane, Shogo, and Kogami are all the samefag and that Tsunemori got away with EVERYTHING, then yes, it's quite good

No Kogami in S2 was one of reasons it sucked ass

The joke behind the images I posted is that Kogami is profiling Akane, not Shogo

>highly intelligent
Tsunemori got perfect scores on EVERYTHING
>assigned to a high paying job under Sybil
She's an Inspector

It was fucking horrible

It was fucking horrible
>/lit/ as fuck
For a 16 year old

>For a 16 year old
Maybe 12 years old

Dropped at 4th episode when I realized this piece of shit MC Akane was a textbook MarySue. Everything in the universe revolved around her, she somehow made the edgy hunter admit he was wrong after years of merciless killings, and even her cyber-therapy counseling still has a motherfucking crowd of people cheering.
And everyone meeting her has to rant about how she's so beautiful when she's the only character with an ugly insect-eyed mug.

I recently rewatched it with a friend and it was mediocre at best even though I remember liking it. Awful pacing and really boring at times.

>You must be retarded because that is the rarest form of dystopia. It was the opposite of generic.
Shinsekai Yori did it first and much better. I find your statement ironic given that it's also a book.

Its great, but to keep the redditors out we have to say its bad.

She's a sociopath with great charisma

The most successful illustration of this is how everyone IN REAL LIFE hates Mika, who is the one person that DOES suspect Tsunemori