Anime has a movie

>anime has a movie
>80% of it is reused footage from the anime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lR4dw_B423E
youtube.com/watch?v=lrHn9cOG4BE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarian:_The_Reverie_of_a_Little_Planet#Reception_and_sales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasnt it announced that way? But yeah, I thought there would be more original scenes too and would include some scene related to some audio drama that was posted in the anime threads.

It sucks too because the original scenes were great. It was just told as a recap and that's what removed any sort of urgency.

>that one HnK movie
why?

What are you talking about? The movie literally is the Kinetic Novel and the Drama CD story fully animated.

isn't there a sequel to the VN? or is that the CD?

There was a audio drama cd jerusalem something. I didnt check it out myself but from the subs, it doesnt seem to the related to the movie scenes.

Yeah, the drama CD is the direct sequel. The story is called Hoshi no Hito, just like the movie. Of course, in the drama CD the ending is more, eh, dramatic, so to speak, and could make you cry if you're an emotionally sensitive person. You can hear it on yt, it even comes with some still frames. I believe it's like 30 mins of length or so.

So the drama CD are the four short stories or is that something else? They're not translated hence I'm asking

There's more than 1 drama CD, one is like a prequel, it tells about the early days of Hoshino Yumime working at the planetarium, another one I think is a story unrelated to the junker or her, and there's hoshi no hito, the one with the final story.

Hoshino Yumemi*
I should reread before I post, sorry.

>direct sequel
>anime never
Well, the anime got made after forever, maybe they will too use the sequel when they needed the money. Hows the sale for the sequel?

Would've prefered the movie was just a short epilogue episode, instead of splicing the show into it.
I think it really works better if you see the main thing without knowing anything about what will happen, then the epilogue.

Also, was the death scene always that drawn out? I remember of course tearing up there during the VN. But during the anime what got me was the constellation scene, not the end.

BD sales were ok. I think the ONAs and the movie were made for niche fans, that's why they didn't have so much marketing.

Are there any good anime "recap" movies?

I didn't feel at all during the VN. Probably because people spoiled me just 'how sad it was' which was really stupid. I remember the VN being too long winded honestly. The anime adaptation was perfect length

>movie has an anime
>movie makes up the first four or so episodes of the anime
>anime has multiple movies
>each movie is just the anime composed into movie format

This thread's theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=lR4dw_B423E

2016 version:
youtube.com/watch?v=lrHn9cOG4BE

In an ideal world we would have this. Bigger budgets, proper directing, proper time for the studios to finish their work too and a proper price to pay. Make the movies 2 hours long and compose of 6 episodes though.

Evangelion Death & Rebirth.

Not that user, but I felt the "long winded" part too seeing she just repeat her sentence most of the time in the VN but I guess the realization of no more repeating dialogue from her at the end there hit me hard somehow.That was a great lesson.

They gave the proceeds to the Tsunami victims.

You don't know shit, close this fucking thread.

>studio gets a tax cut look how chivalrous they are

If this is true I'm glad I bought the BD during my trip to japan.

That was for the PSP game, not the movie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarian:_The_Reverie_of_a_Little_Planet#Reception_and_sales

At leas they donated something, that's more than the majority of Sup Forums companies.

fuck off.

Make me

>anime has a movie
>it's just a cut down version of a good arc