This man shaped my political views of Americans

As a kid and teenager, I had the unshacked belief that America stands for fairness, justice, bettering the world, a bright tech future and an “you can do everything if you work hard and play fair” attitude.

Was my belief misguided or is this America still somewhere buried under degeneracy, lies and disgusting corruption and unfettered capitalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_WTBkj8gFfI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMYDC2jjKM
youtube.com/watch?v=aHcaEK3LShU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you learned about what americans are like by watching a TV show about things that never happened?

why didn't you just go to america and find out for yourself

>you learned about what americans are like by watching a TV show about things that never happened?
yes, Macgyver, Star Trek TNG and Baywatch

>why didn't you just go to america and find out for yourself
Because I grew up in the 80s and 90s and European travel was what we could afford - by car to communist Croatia in 87 with my grandparents and brother, to Soviet tech youth camp in 89, to Italy in the 90s and to the UK in 94 and France in 98.

First time in America was when I was 23 in California... most shocking about it was walking out of the Best Western in SanFran in the morning and seeing homeless blacks warming themselves at burning fires in large trash cans.

We got belt buckles and shoe laces!
Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud!
You used to be McGimmick, McGadget now you're just McUseless

>you can do everything if you work hard and play fair

I would change that to: "you can do anything if you work hard and play smart"

Now that I am older, I realize that playing fair is a personal decision, it has no correlation to success in life.

I agree. But in my youth, I had this extremely strong sense of justice and fairness ingrained in me through American propaganda shows, including lovely Knight Rider.

And that's a good thing. The young should be raised with those ideals - that way when we grow up we know instinctively what is right and what is wrong.

I remember watching The Equalizer with my dad

> is this America still somewhere buried under degeneracy, lies and disgusting corruption and unfettered capitalism?

I want to believe that YES.
A lot of Mutts are very cool people.

Based german bro.

Yes, that ideal still lives though they are doing their hardest to corrupt, mock, and destroy it.
>mcgyver theme intensifies

great times create weak men, germoney

same with me, but I think these ideals can still be found, just avoid degenerate places, particularly large parts of Cali. From what I've seen, Texas is pretty based for example, even in the west

A little bit of both user, I grew up in Germany too and came to Amefica as a young man. It was a disillusioning experience. But there are good people who want to oppose the evils in this nation, Donald Trump represents them, we must fight to end the Jewish influence that has taken hold on this nation so we may stop spreading destruction and degeneracy to other nations.

>ftw Richard Dean Anderson is Canadian.

>tfw fucking leafs even shitposting in my childhood

Yes, most Americans still believe this. People who live in a meme fueled alternate reality believe that the US population by and large hates, think fairness is a bourgeois construction, and that American values are antiquated because it's the current year

This is largely untrue. This perception is pushed on people (especially young people) to demoralize them and make them feel alone. If you actually spend time with real people in the real world, most people just care about their families and generally believe that America and the ideas of hard work and justice are good. Most people aren't abstract ideological thinkers. There's a very large, loud, sand well connected minority of political agitators, but you will mostly find these people on televisions and computer screens, not in the real world.

hates *America

very *small. Shitposting between classes is tough work

Is he? Aren’t Canadians American?

well, thanks for the shitposting effort, good insights

I am American by birth, but because of circumstances and growing up in Germany it is very difficult to understand TRUE American values as embodied by TRUE Americans. I am speaking about the descendents of settlers. They might be mutts with some Indian or black blood (not as many as you would believe because of memes), but their spirit is one of a people who have tamed the wild. Americans never lived under fiefdoms or pseudo slavery (except maybe today). Their streak has been one of independence, relying on their wits to survive and tame a hard land. One problem with the Americans is that they ran out of country to conquer, so where to go now? The moon has been done, and traveling farther will not create a healthy society.

This has been my experience as well, the younger generations are more cynical, but what can you expect from uni students.

youtube.com/watch?v=_WTBkj8gFfI
That's more what I grew up on as a teenager. But I'm still attached to the ideals of liberty and truth, no place I'd rather be.

People just got more self centered. Thats all. Given that Gen X are all criminals and Millenials (most of us) are all selfish pricks we are all fucked.

indeed you were misguided. The people of America are great, the people making and enforcing the laws are not. Think about it, you can be a good and ethical person, all you have to do is get caught with some drugs and they will ruin your entire life.

the american dream is a delusion designed to attract foreigners so we can exploit them for political and economic purposes. it's always been this way

>Donald Trump represents the chosen people

A billionaire representing the people

>all you have to do is get caught with some drugs and they will ruin your entire life

I think they really do not any more. If you are caught with some grams of weed, nothing happens.

yeah, where I am it's literally 10 grams. Then it becomes a felony again, no right to vote or own a gun, no right to have a job. Who cares if it was 11 grams or 11,000 grams, there was never anything unethical about having the pot.

and the drugs are just one example. There are so many "crimes" you can commit in this country, that don't have any effect on anyone else. The law has gone way too far, but I hear government overreach is even worse in Europe so I'm happy to live here in the USA

I like that song he did called "New Song"

Yeh, or should I say Yhwh!

So you are saying it was never true and all my childhood dreams of America were a lie?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMYDC2jjKM

Lot of Canadians turns out, at least used to be, were English/Scot. Many who after the Revolutionary War went up north were English ex-pats, which is why it became an English colony and not French

>yes, Macgyver, Star Trek TNG and Baywatch

dude these are fiction. lmfao

germans are fucking subhuman I swear to god

People are reading "Culture of Critique"

Also

>he never used weapons

Meanwhile 30 million dead enemies of israel at us hands and 23 trillion usd debt to fund it since jews took over government after ww2.

Remember goyim, muslims hate our freedoms!

The America you saw on television never even existed.

I'm just sitting here watching you shills and low t faggots spread jewish propaganda.
I've been red pilled since I was 6.
None of this shit can touch me.
Fuck your black magic psyops.
youtube.com/watch?v=aHcaEK3LShU

what kind of pussy ass TV were you watching?

don't let the jew in your house
don't let the jew in you land
It is so simple. Or just sell your daughters to the jew, which is how the Ashkenazi came about. Suprise the matrilineal bullshit is just a lie to hide the fact that Semite men mixed with Native women. Woops Kikes the original refugees.

I learned English by watching MacGyver?

Btw, remember the episode with the guy in the bigfoot suit? Scared the shit out of me when I was kid.