Death Flags

Is anyone else careful about not triggering death flags in real life now because of all the anime they have watched?

I don't just mean obvious stuff like if you are a soldier you don't show people a picture of your sweetheart and tell your friends you are going to marry her as soon as you get home, and you are set to fly out right after this battle. Or saying something like ""I'm going to tell your sister how I really feel about her, as soon as I we get back from skydiving today", or "Once we make it back from this mission I'm retiring" etc. That's obvious. I mean I find myself reluctant to even say things like "Oh don't worry I'll do that as soon as I get back from my trip" or "I'll tell you all about it, after I make this long drive home from work in the rain" "I'll help you do that right after I get back from the corner store" etc.

I know it's irrational, and me saying these things does not change the outcome of anything in reality, but I still feel a reluctance to say them. Because when I do I feel like a death flag pops up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOk4hQXbGDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's dumb.

consider therapy

That's not healthy, you may have some kind of mild anxiety disorder. It's probably not a huge deal, but you may want to speak to a therapist.

>tell Annie you like her after we go home, Bert
>gets eaten by Armong
You're onto something here, bud

Really? So if you guys were cops and you and your partner were working a case against a drug lord you would have no problem sitting in a diner with him and saying "Yeah partner, once we crack this case I'm retiring. My daughter just graduated and my wife and I are planning to sail around the world on the boat we just bought, we named it 'The Live-4-Ever', right after we get this guy it's going to be nothing but fun in the sun and R and R for me for the rest of my life".

Like you wouldn't even feel a slightest bit nervous making a monster death flag speech like that?

No, because I understand the difference between reality and fiction. Death flags only exist in the latter.

I know your feel somewhat but I would be careful to not let your life be restricted by your own fears.
In the end you shouldn't put any value in those flags, if it happens it happens, it's not because of some flag

Tell that to Matsuki Miyu.

Saying that changes nothing in the real world.

>youtube.com/watch?v=MOk4hQXbGDs

> Is anyone else careful about not triggering death flags in real life

I am extraordinarily careful about this

I like to think that for somebody who browses Sup Forums death would be a welcome release.

But you are browsing Sup Forums.

Amen to that
Then he speaks from personal experience?

Dunno about those other anons but seeing that I aren't a cop and I don't habitually take down drug lords I don't feel this is a cause of concern.

Go on, give me your best death flag speech and I'll vocaroo it.

Things to be worried about include death, mortgages, cancer, and the eventual erasure of your memory from everyone living in the world. Concentrating on 'death flags' is quite simply tilting at windmills.

Kuuko was simply called back to her world user, she will arise again.

A response to three people, two of whom mention the difference between fiction and reality, posts a clip from a fictional tv series.

Really made me think there, user.

>Dunno about those other anons but seeing that I aren't a cop and I don't habitually take down drug lords I don't feel this is a cause of concern.

If you are not a cop why would giving that speech worry you?

Given your critera your speech would be something about how you will never get cancer, you will never miss a payment on your mortgage because nothing will ever go wrong with your employment, etc.

> I don't feel this is a cause of concern.

Reading comprehension status: failed.

If you are really worried about the constant threat of dying, wouldn't you want to set up death-flags? Just in case you end up dying abruptly it'd be cool to go out on the good impression your flag left behind.

It's not like setting up flags increases your chance of dying.

I say shit like that all the time, it's funny how some people will get genuinely angry over a simple "What could POSSIBLY go wrong?".

I trigger as many as I possibly can, destiny is my bitch and I shall conquer the inevitable fate of death and overcome it.

I go out of my way to throw as many death flags as possible

Start wearing Slav Track Suits. That way, even if a death flag is activated, you have a higher chance of reincarnating into a fantasy world full of elf girls, cat girls, and other monster girls.

Also, start learning basic skills like how to make mayonnaise and basic survival skills.

but mayo is trash

You forgot crop rotation.

OP, you're retarded. There's an entire superstition based around this since ancient times. It's called "knock on wood".

I've tried not to jinx things by saying optimistic things but that was long before I got into anime.