I really fucking hate self righteous mc's, who know exactly how the world should work...

I really fucking hate self righteous mc's, who know exactly how the world should work, and preach their shitshow to everyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5ZqgNJ2xNI
youtu.be/19sqejb-tco?t=16m56s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay.

Thanks

But people need to be told how to live their lives correctly!

t.jojofag

Only the sith deal in absolutes

>babbies first realization that practically all harem/action anime are little more than self-insert wish fulfillment garbage

Good job dude, you're not fifteen anymore.

Stop blaming your problems on externalities and obsessing about radical political change, your life is probably a mess, if you can't even make your bed and clean your room, how are you going to fix any of these huge problems without just making shit worse?

>if you kill them you're just as bad as them

I hate people that live their lives incorrectly.

I would take my panties off for Touma. He's best boy

Considering the average MC these days, characters like him that aren't spineless faggots are actually desirable. Maybe read the source material, there is a reason people like Touma and Shirou stick out among the crowd of clones and copycats.

I actually don't mind him as a MC, I just hate when he ends most fights withs self righteous preachy shit.

I wouldn't mind it if the series allowed him to have actual debate with the people he faces, but every time they just sit down to his bullshitt.

>SHUT UP KID YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!
>Alright lets give this kid the chance to possibly kill one of the most valuable things/persons in the world because he shit talked us

you're not living your life correctly

youtube.com/watch?v=z5ZqgNJ2xNI

Is he really righteous though? The dude lost his memory and wanted nothing to do with these people coming around asking him for help. He seems more like a dude who can't say no.

Most of the time he's not. But then at the end of every fight he does this preachy shit. It would be nicer if it was more subtle.

youtu.be/19sqejb-tco?t=16m56s

That's what I like about Touma. Unlike the run of the mill beta mc, Touma sticks to what he believes in and fight for it even if he doesn't understand what's going on

Saying you should stop killing people is being self righteous?

I have no problem with him sticking to his beliefs, I have a problem with them being presented as fact in universe.

Maybe its because I believe in the philosophical ideas of Plato, and Academic skepticism (Which in a nutshell is that no human truly knows what is right, or what is fact), but I hate the way his enemies become visibly flustered and such when he spouts his beliefs.

In the latest NT volume even Touma himself acknowledges that his speech was pretty bull.

Well isn't he like universe-scale Magic God on vacation?
He literally knows better than most.
Also nothing wrong in pushing your personal agenda as universal truth until it's beneficial and accepted by many others.

Sounds like you're not living your life correctly.

Is the light novel for this any good? I read the manga for like 10 chapter until the first accelerator appearance, then stopped. I've been looking for some jap novels to read.

Quite good, but read some Kino no Tabi.

At first I really hated Touma, but after a while the TouMAN posting got over my head and I started to like him and embrace his cheesiness.

But Giorno is the worst when it comes to this.

Nobody past the (mental) age of 16 likes them, user.

Many teenage kids think they understand the world and it just misunderstands them, and that their idea of right and wrong would fix everything. Anime just uses that to allow kiddos to self-insert as the MC who can assert his idea of righteousness into the world.

Touma is actually quite a fun case, since his speeches are pure bullshit based on his subjective judgment and he's completely aware of it.
Also NT really makes him check his preaching privilege, with a peak in Othinus Arc, where he consciously chooses his own selfishness over everyone's happiness, rejects a perfect world to get back to his own, doing pretty much the same thing as the villain of the arc, and when she defeats him, he gives her his blessing and wishes her good luck.

From my point of view the jedi are evil

Not even he believes in what he is saying most of the time, he just wants to fix the mess that happens around him and for everyone to have a happy ending.

Not an MC but there is one anime character with self-righteous convictions that is part of the main cast that I can agree with.

Upvoted, dude

>I have a problem with them being presented as fact in universe
But that's fucking wrong

> part of the main cast
She is the main character, the soul of the show, and the hero we deserved.

She would be more respectable if she didnt get fingered by her mom all the time.

>regurgitating Peterson points while arguing against self-righteousness
Delicious irony.

What is wrong with an MC who actually knows how to think for himself? If I'm not mistaken Touma is far from a blank self insert but I only read until volume 19 of OT so my judgement might be wrong

>MC is a literal conspiracy theory believing autist
>falls into magical situation and lives out his dream while continuing to spout idealistic nonsense
>becomes a man
>gets brain damaged by some random harem-master hedonist