Is marrying for money wrong? Had this discussion on Sup Forums the other day...

Is marrying for money wrong? Had this discussion on Sup Forums the other day, I was thinking about marrying a rich Japanese man so I could move there and attend an expensive University there but I thought I’d get better discussion here on Sup Forums. What are your thoughts on this? People get mail order brides all the time.

gay marriage isn't legal here

This
While might not "wrong" its still I lifelong commitment and you should do that to someone you love.
>People get mail order brides all the time.
Yes people who fail at life that is.

If you're willing to forfeit love for money - all of which you are capable of getting and achieving - then you will not be happy.

It's a shallow road to take that seems only good now but is awful later

> t. Observerer of multi-money-marriages

kek

Just make sure to cuck him with a white guy.

neither is groping women on public transport yet here we are.

I’m female
You don’t think it could work out?

>Is marrying for money wrong?
Are you a Jew?

>paying for that

>only guy capable of stoppibg missle is transgender

One thing you learn in the army is there are hundreds of others just like you. You are replaceable.

>You don’t think it could work out?
>japanese man wants white girl bc of white
>white girl only in it for the money
Gee I wonder what could go wrong.

I’m not full white. I’m also Native American, but mostly white so a lot of people think I’m “halfu”, Hispanic or European. Feels good man.

Its kinda like whoring yourself but for a longer term.

Well its your life. Whatever you feel like. I would recommend looking up some people who have done the same before making up your mind.

Are you attractive? What makes you think a rich person would want you?

OP your question is presents a subjective value judgment... is it "wrong"? to the gold digger, no; to the religious types, yes; and on an on. question really is can you handle the social scrutiny of your decision to marry for money, is it what you really want to do? there is also the question of whether you are being honest with your mate about long-term commitment (like secretly thinking you can divorce him later "if it doesn't work out" or "he really is not your soulmate", and other b.s.). but if you look at the case of Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall, where it was clearly obvious each knew what was up (an a role model situation for some older guys --spend your assets and retirement funds on young quality tail in your "golden years" lol), then who cares what other ppl think. good luck!

Why don't you just actually be smart and get a scholarship to study in Japan? You realize they have a shortage of young able-bodied laborers and they have scholarships for talented foreign students right?

Japanese university is already relatively cheap at about $15k a year or less. You can apply for international scholarships, and if that fails, you can always teach English on the side on weekends for money.

While reading about Moldavia I found some videos advertising mail brides, at first I was disgusted and I thought it was pretty much akin to human trafficking. But then I realized that maybe those women do choose to leave their shitty post soviet countries for a reason, and after all the black pills I have swallowed here, I don't know. It is hard to believe in something like true love or destiny, maybe you can get as much satisfaction from this kind of relationship as you would get from a typical romance. Are you a female? I want to know what's your perspective, would you see your partner just as a tool to get a better life? Would you cheat on him given the chance? What can a man really expect from this kind of marriage? This is an anonymous Vietnamese cuisine forum, you can be honest.

Graduate school is even cheaper.

No, it is not. Men are expected to be providers. She gives sex, you give money. It's that simple. Love is a meme.

Yes, it basically reduces marriage to a transaction between two non-persons (a source of money and a source of sex) rather than a union between two people, and as such is against the dignity due to persons.

Survive and produce children, all else is bullshit.

As long as I’m a genuine wife though it’s okay right?
Thanks for the advice
I’m pretty attractive and I have an outgoing personality. I’m pretty sought after and have a lot of admirers but I turn them all down because I’d rather be with someone who could help me in the long run.
Thanks user
It’s a lot of money, and I cannot get a scholarship because I struggled in highschool. Plus having a friend/partner would be fun.
>your perspective, would you see your partner just as a tool to get a better life?
So much, yes
>Would you cheat on him given the chance?
I don’t see a reason why I should or would do that
>What can a man really expect from this kind of marriage?
Happiness. Fun/outgoingness a change in lifestyle, adventure.

Marriage or even long-term relationship is less about love and more about commitment. So as long as you stay true to your role as a wife, it's ok I guess. Just don't cheat or lie or do anything a wife shouldn't do. You also can learn to love your husband, it may even have more chance to succeed as a relationship than the "romantic falling in love at first sight" kind of love anyways. Just make sure you stay grounded in reality. And if you can't love or stand a loveless life with your husband, tell him honestly so you can work out a solution.

Ok then, sounds like you'll be fine. People think the key to being happy is doing happy things. It's not. The key to being happy is having a not-catastrophic life situation and being a person born/raised with a happy optimistic personality. You seem like an optimistic happy-girl. You'll be fine. Good luck and treat him nice. At least be loyal and don't be a slimy backstabber.

There's always a probabilty for something to turn out into your favor, but if your basis is going into something for money then you are doing it for the money, not the person

Ask yourself this: Would you rather have the money alone or marry the person with the money hoping you get some of it?

I previously worked in risk management for an independent family office so I think I have a decent understanding of the wealthy.

It is rare for the rich and ultra rich to marry the lower income and middle class. I've met upper middle class women that have married wealthy men but not below that. The rich are comfortable dating the middle class and low income but for marriage they are usually looking for the following:

>similar upbringings
>similar social network
>educated
>also rich or capable enough to be independently rich
>smart

It's possible but you would have to be really attractive and have a good personality. I doubt the Japanese are any different than rich Americans in this regard.

>Happiness. Fun/outgoingness a change in lifestyle, adventure.

International marriages are no joke. You will have to pick a country to live in and one of you will be separated from your family, perhaps for years at a time.
You need to be thinking about the future, 10, 20, 30 years from now. If you are planning to have kids, will you bring them up in Japan? They may be bullied for being different.
Japanese is a hard and frustrating language to learn. I'm well into my second decade of learning and using Japanese and I will probably never master it the way I would like.
It sounds like you would be better off just visiting Japan to teach or study. It is an awesome place, at least for a while.

That’s actually really great advice that I totally agree with and was thinking of, you just put it into text. Thanks user, that’s good shit.
>not-catastrophic life situation and being a person born/raised with a happy optimistic personality.
See and that’s what I’m trying to avoid/get away from. Your support means a lot to me, user.
Well I think if someone was doing me such a favor, I’d like to give something back and that’s why it’s a marriage, right?
>It's possible but you would have to be really attractive and have a good personality
See I did have a decent upbringing but there’s a lot of accidents that just happened in my life so I’m pretty much just riding on my good looks and personality for this.

uhnwi - ultra high net worth individuals are defined as having $30+ million in liquidable assets and that is the demographic that I am referring to when I describe rich.

it is common for the middle class and lower middle class to marry men that are making like $200,000-$250,000 per year but once you start getting over $500,000 it becomes incredibly rare.

I think the key to being happy is to be realistic and have principle, so you aren't fucked by impulsive decisions and unrealistic expectations. Also, you have to learn what you really need first, then what you want. A lot of people do things they think they want to do, not what they actually need or want.

This is why I tell Asian bros that they shouldn't want white bitches. Why do you morons think we want to marry Asian qts?

What the fuck is wrong with her head

Your call.

Still gotta answer the question: Would you rather take the money or be with somebody who has the money?

Then you base the relationship off money, solely. Not sure how this isn't leaning towards prostitution. As soon as they run out, are you still with them? Or move on to the next rich guy?

>I’m female
No you're not.

jews marry for money they love intermixing only for money

subhuman op

>the quintessential American woman

No wonder American posters on this board are so mentally deranged.

Absolute state of Sup Forums, only men can go Asian apparently.

>See I did have a decent upbringing but there’s a lot of accidents that just happened in my life so I’m pretty much just riding on my good looks and personality for this.

I understand. If I were an attractive girl I would probably go to Japan for a husband but there are certain things that would be required of you.

>you would still have to familiarize yourself with the social environment of the upper middle class

>position yourself as a trophy wife and always work on your appearance

>you have to make your husband addicted to you somehow

its easier to find someone rich and grow to love them than to find someone that you love and become rich.

The japanese are white, no problem here

I wouldn't trust a swede cunt on this since they're so toxic their men don't even want them