Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/18if_anime/status/898537596770426881
youtube.com/watch?v=uFfsTeExwbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IlRU_J5qYg0
youtube.com/watch?v=3i-sUSQoRjs
youtube.com/watch?v=FDMvaEpuDcc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did everyone drop this show? After watching last week's episode, I was expecting more of a reaction but by then, the thread was already dead. It went completely off the rails.

>Did everyone drop this show?
Sup Forums has shit taste. This anime is in top 3. Maybe even AOTS

>Did everyone drop this show?
Watching it now. I'm digging the art style they used this week. It's a nice change of pace and perfect for one episode of an episodic show.

>Let them eat cake
Truly this is a kino episode.

I was too busy watching Ducktales 2017, having real life stuff, and enjoying Summer while it still lasts to post on Sup Forums. But yeah, sure, it's a nice show.

Minase Inori sung that song, right? I hope there's a single soon.

Damn who's the staff for this episode?

>GONZO, of all studios, just saved TV animation
How will the so-called industry experts ever recover?

Sounds like Flip Flappers all over again.

That was the best episode of anything this season.

twitter.com/18if_anime/status/898537596770426881

According to the twitter account, character design is by some person named Hayayato Lianti, music is from Hitomi Kuroishi.
We'll need to wait until the official website updates to know who's the animation director and the episode director.

I hope this one doesn't try to tie the overarching plot together at the end and shit the bed.

I want to know who they got to do the chanting tracks in the other episodes. It sounds like the singer who did the chanting in Nier Automata.

Character design: Rianti Hidayat
Art design: Tomoaki Okada
Script: Kouichi Chigira
Storyboards: Kouichi Chigira
Direction: Kouichi Chigira / Ken'ichi Shirai
3D Director: Ken'ichi Shirai
Key animation: Kouichi Chigira / Rianti Hidayat

Wizard of Oz popped into my head when I saw the robot, the scarecrow and the "lion" but then the story went in a different direction so I thought I was just imagining things. Everything about that as well as the ending was great. Tragedy told through extended metaphor + unique artstyle = erections.

I'm not entirely sure how to deal with the fact the single best-looking episode of any TV anime I've seen was produced by Gonzo.

It was really great, but let's not exaggerate. It would have been much more impressive if it was all drawn and not rendered in 3D.

I liked the artsyle in the scene after the credits.

You can say that about anything, don't undermine the episode like that.

Although if you do want to watch something that has a very similar art style but is entirely hand-drawn, go watch Rain Town.

I haven't seen this since the third episode. Is it still changing genres and artistic direction every episode or has it settled down now?

>You can say that about anything, don't undermine the episode like that.
I'm not undermining it, it was great, but certainly not the best looking episode of TV anime ever broadcast. And if you're going to post things, at least post Maison Cubes.

Why would it settle down?

>Is it still changing genres and artistic direction every episode or has it settled down now?
It's still changing, this episode changed the hardest. If I had to pick the most "normal" episode it'd be 5 which had nothing visually interesting, but that was the theme of the episode anyway.

It's episodic you fuckwit.

>ever broadcast
Yeah that's why I said "I've ever seen".
Also I'm more than welcoming suggestions of episodes of things that look even better, if it's not too much hassle.
inb4 /r/

Pol Pot

>inb4 /r/
Let me do you better.

Pol Pot

>Also I'm more than welcoming suggestions
Should have been smoother in baiting for recs and shouldn't have outed yourself as a newfag. You'll get nothing here.

Isn't that just an excuse to duck the question and not have to actually provide an example of a better-looking episode?

Sorry newfag, that only works on other newfags.

it's chigira kouchi episode what the fuck

>"this episode looks good"
>"i've seen better"
>"really, like what"
>"fucking newfags get out"
Well this has been a productive thread.

I see, it's a Pol of the other kind

>Newfag actually thinks they're going to get spoonfed after admitting newfaggotry

Why do you even keep replying?

To remind you that you're not getting spoonfed, and to remind you to stop being a stupid newfag.

A compelling lack of any argumentation.

It's not happening.

I'm not even that guy. Calm down.
I just think it's not worth it to keep replying to retarded newfags.

>I just think it's not worth it to keep replying to retarded newfags.
How'd ignoring them work out for Sup Forums?

You know you can ignore him, right?
I imagine ignoring them would at best get you the same result than what you're doing when you're dealing with retards who refuse to learn

>I imagine ignoring them would at best get you the same result than what you're doing when you're dealing with retards who refuse to learn
Then you'd be wrong. Sup Forums stopped chastising them endlessly and it bit them in the ass. The good mods are dead here, and any semblance of quality and elitism that's left comes from yelling at idiots like that until they leave or learn to shut up and lurk.

That's a whole lot of circlejerking over a simple inability to name an episode that looks better than this.

Episode 3(one of the best of the season) > Episode 6 > Episode 2 >/POWER GAP/> Episode 1 > Episode 4 > Episode 5

I liked it and I feel everyone missed the point, I know it was too rushed but it still convey the whole issue in a pretty different way, the episode ending left me intrigued though, who was bullying the bullies? I hope the thread is alive by the time I watch the new episode later.

>Stupid newfag still at it

this episode feels like a milestone in 3DCG anime

it does a lot of things that are not possible for 2d, such as having smooth animation

>the episode ending left me intrigued though, who was bullying the bullies
Most likely the entire class that was standing idle before.

Because they went for a hyper stylized look that didn't have any traditional animation movement. Normal CG animation has always and will always look like shit. Trying to do something completely different instead of trying to emulated hand drawn is the only way to make it work.

Man, I hope so.

Even if it wasn't the best looking episode ever, it certainly was the best episode of the season.

>Normal CG animation has always and will always look like shit.

ID-0 looked ok but would have looked better if it was simply 2D.

Yes, that's objectively correct.

Thanks for contributing to "objectively" becoming a meaningless buzzword

>always and always will
I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Sup Forums buttdevastated and conflicted when houseki no kuni finally airs

i think yuasa would have tremendous hard-on for this episode, it has both unconventional design and chick girl outside of industry working on it

they really shat the bed with this part, to be desu

Atleast they are honest about their inspirations.

>Normal CG animation has always and will always look like shit
>Trying to do something completely different instead of trying to emulated hand drawn is the only way to make it work
Nah, competent teams can make hand drawn like CG work.
See
youtube.com/watch?v=uFfsTeExwbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IlRU_J5qYg0
youtube.com/watch?v=3i-sUSQoRjs
youtube.com/watch?v=FDMvaEpuDcc

>Everything about art is subjective opinions!

"Studio Orange makes good CG" is pretty much the worst meme ever.

>competent teams can make hand drawn like CG work
Where? You sure as hell didn't post any in those links.

There have been two TV anime shows in 2015 with good CGI sequences as well, as well as Snack World this year.
The Japanese TV anime studios can be just as good as western companies at it, if given enough time to work on it.

For none of the links to have good CG, you must be blind because all except the third are smooth as hell with very detailed CG.

>you must be blind
You certainly are. Oversaturated colors, awkward movement shoddily covered up by moving the camera a lot, and poor use of things like squash, stretch and smear (and crumple damage for mechs) makes for pretty shitty animation.

Wow, that second one looks really nice. Too bad that was hand drawn by studio Khara, which defeats your whole "point" and makes you look like an idiot.

Now you are just baiting, the 1st one doesn't even has any of the things you mentioned.

>took less than 4 minutes to respond
You didn't even watched them I see.

That's not how it works, it is cell shading, which means it was drawn first and then rendered into 3D. It also doesn't means the whole scene was drawn first, but a lot of times just the key frames or the characters. It has been used on videogames for ages by now.

>That's not how it works, it is cell shading
The CC version of that video was cel shading. You posted the Khara version which was hand drawn then digitally colored. That's hand drawn animation, you fucking idiot. Please stop posting like you know anything about animation. CGfags have to be some of the stupidest people on this board.

>the 1st one doesn't even has any of the things you mentioned.
It also doesn't look even a little bit good.

I liked this episode and this thread,so much hate

Meh, another shitty circlejerking between the same wannabe-experts on animation trying to hijack an anime thread with their dumb ego-shitflinging at each another.

>I liked it and I feel everyone missed the point
Care to spoonfeed me the point? I dropped it halfway through episode 2.

Not him but Khara version still counts as CG.

>Drawn by hand and then digitally colored
>Counts as CG
>Hand drawn animation counts as CG
You can't actually be this stupid.

Well, yeah, it is CGI to a certain extents since a computer stylize it and generates what you see. It would look very different if no CGI at all was involved.

When people talk about CG anime, they don't mean digitally colored. All modern anime is digitally colored.

Could anyone spoonfeed me on what was the significance of calling the tin guy Yoshitsune? It only happened at the beginning and didnt pop up again.

Because Nene is Hideyoshi's wife, next time pay attention in Japanese history class.

Muh mythology

This show is just so rewarding and interesting every week, I wish everyone didn't drop it after the first episode (even if it was shit).

Only retards drop episodic shows before episode 3.

it's hard to know how episodic a show will be by the first episode, since many first episodes of non-episodic shows are self-contained (FMA:B, for example).

Last week sub rips were a whole day late so only a couple people watched in time for the thread.

>Truck-kun

Well this definitely wins the most inconsistent anime of this year award.

Also fuck you I thought episode 5 was good.

Don't stand in the fucking road

>I thought episode 5 was good.
said no one ever.

Hence the 'fuck you'.

That's the beauty of being episodic. You can opt out of garbage episodes.

Pot and the cat were real and everything else was a dream right, he was killed by a truck and she went into coma from the sadness.
Her surroundings all came together and formed a dream that coincidentally soothed her all her emotions and woke her up.

kino

Crazy episode. So my theory is that Pol and the robot are the same person.

It's probably something along those lines. Or Pot was a real communist dictator.

>So my theory is that Pol and the robot are the same person.
Impossible.

Bubuki Buranki

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

Pol killed the one trying to cuck him

>So my theory is that Pol and the robot are the same person
Sasuga user!

Yeah user, I think we picked up on that. Still surprising to see an anime episode about Khmer Rouge.