Uchiage Hanabi

Latest news from moviegoers and critics:
eiga.com/movie/86124/review/

It's a shitty movie. Very flawed production, shitty voice acting, inconsistent animation, expressions of the characters were so poor that the emotions were hard to read.

But Sup Forums will defend their favorite studio.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/honnyaku_blog/status/898508846909370368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>expressions of the characters were so poor that the emotions were hard to read.
Sounds like the reviewers had asperger's syndrome.

I was interested in this because Takeuchi debut but it looks like Shaft doing the same shit again.

>flawed production
BS

>But Sup Forums will defend their favorite studio.
Kyoani made this movie too?

Uchiage Hanabi was bad.
Every mid- to far-range character cut was bad CG, and of course so was every bicycle-riding cut. The pool swimming effects (body distortion, reflection, etc.) were hilarious. Basically every jumping, running and zooming cut was jerky as hell.
Inconsistent character art throughout. And all of this comes bundled with SHAFT's notorious over-the-top photography with very pronounced chromatic aberration and bad lens effects (not often used to be fair).
Oh, and the credits linked above don't include the 25 Assistant ADs. Two very down-to-Earth cuts but that stood out nonetheless amid the mess were one running cut by Genichirou Abe most likely, and another character acting and falling (Kojima I presume).

Even Japanese sakuga nerds aren't impressed.

twitter.com/honnyaku_blog/status/898508846909370368

Makes sense when you consider that Shaft had multiple productions going on and they've never been able to pull that off without something suffering. I thought Zaregoto had it worst.

>It's a shitty movie. Very flawed production, shitty voice acting, inconsistent animation, expressions of the characters were so poor that the emotions were hard to read.
You must be 18 in order to use this site user.

Never mind the critics, how's the box office performance?

Ignore this user please. It's honestly the next kimi no na wa.

It was expected, SHAFT isn't exactly known for good productions and consistent quality. I have a feeling it will be mildly successful, though. The original was popular and Toho is shilling it so it will at least make 2-3 billion yen.

Not if the initial reviews are mixed

Koe no Katachi had a mixed reception at first too, no?

It didn't, unless you mean the couple twitter "reviews" that kyoani haters were spamming during the first week.

Half the movie was outsourced. What the hell was Shaft thinking?

No

That's not unusual.

>favorite studio
>SHAFT

Shaft is awful. They also outsourced the most important scenes in Owari2.

But Owari S2 is actually getting good buzz.

What are their actual animators working on then? 3-gatsu?

lol

Still better than 'Your Name' though.

Still kinda does. You either like all the chromatic aberration abuse or you don't.