>Also, new episode.
It's been out for over 6 hours now.

F I T T

I wanna hug that cute little bundle of PTSD

strawpoll.me/13736333
strawpoll.me/13736333

so is this a real proto type

Ok, real talk for a second:

The episode was definitely a bit of a letdown in comparison to the manga, but I think we all knew deep down inside there was no way it would be able to compare with what Tsukushi drew. This shot in particular was totally garbage in the anime, and looked goofy as hell rather than intimidating as fuck. The fact that they didn't make the smile visible during most of the scenes with her armor on is also a pretty lame decision.

That being said, if you try to view it through the lens of an animeonly, it wasn't really that bad of an episode. Even if you compare it panel for panel with the manga, it adapted the content of the chapters faithfully, albeit with poor quality.

So it's justifiable being harsh on the episode for not being up to par with the manga, but at least it's more or less faithful to the story line, and most of the parts they dropped the ball on are cosmetic.

I mean I just see this episode as "it could have been better" but we have to understand that maybe action scenes such as these are not the staff strong suit. But still, they passed the point straight and even kept the small details of the cube.

God look how fucking dumb this looks, it's making me more mad the longer I stare at it.

They could've just traced the page ffs.

Cool blogpost redditor

>they got rid of suit-Ozen's cyborg-visor like smile
that really pissed me off. It was a very neat effect in the manga.

It's thanks to episodes like this, I can use for leverage in my 'presentation > content' argument. Episode 1 has better presentation and worse content but is significantly better than 7 which has worse presentation and better content.

>Big-ass armored shoulder pads in the manga
>Different fabric on the cape in the anime

Where did her head go??

What was this face meant to represent

Share this and the Ozen spooky faces comparison everywhere on the internet so people can pick up the manga.

Fuck off.

Among the popular shows of this season, this one certainly has the shittiest threads for some reason

>popular show
user...

The action was subpar, but the music and Riko's screams of terror made up for it. 7/10

90% fear
10% arousal

Its one of the most discussed shows of this season you stupid faggot.
I'm didn't say it's Naruto levels of popular, you pedantic retard.

Not him but it's definitely on the popular end among the summer shows while still being far from the heavy hitters like Apocrypha and Kakegurui.

Nanachi plush when?

Hopefully it will be soft and fluffy

I'm mad they didn't show this scene.

Are you retarded? This is one of the big hits of the season.

I did appreciate that they didn't hold back on the blood when Riko got whacked.

FLAT

I think we'll see it next episode when they leave the camp. Ozen will watch them go and well see the flash back.

They will show it once they complete the flashback

Don't worry, there will be plenty of fluff to go around.

Reminder that Riko wears no underwear.

So is Reg just fucking invincible? He can get curb stomped into a crater and be perfectly fine for some reason

He is a very sturdy boy

>autistic
Why do kids keep throwing this around? She's the most normal person in this series.

only mostly invincible. His fleshy bits are still vulnerable.

He can be pierced by pointy things, especially around his navel (Tama-chan, Bonedad, and Faputa all went straight for that spot). Also ancient lasers can fuck him up pretty good too.

He's just really really good at handling blunt trauma.

What. That's B — the best cup.
Could even turn out to be C if you were to remove this tight-fitting underjacket.
Not flat at all.

It would look infinitely better if Reg was just smaller

sparagmos exists, so no.

Have you prayed to and served our prophet from the deep yet?

Anime only here.
The fight seemed awkward with those pauses and stills, also I don't see how anyone could take Ozen seriously with that voice. I assume she was supposed to be menacing, but she came off more like trying too hard to be menacing.

The best part was the reveal, but overall pretty mediocre episode.

Let's be real for a second, if you're not shoving children into suitcases you're doing something wrong

>all knew deep down inside there was no way it would be able to compare with what Tsukushi drew
Are you saying it's impossible?
Because I'd disagree very strongly.

Nah, I'm not saying that it would be impossible to make an anime that recreates the manga's quality, I'm saying based on the previous 6 episodes it was pretty clear the fight in this wouldn't be up to expectations.

shut up Bondrewd-fag.

Yeah, I'd agree. And it was supposed to be one of the high points of the show.
The anime fucked up this fight in pretty much every aspect that it could have. It looks so much better, cooler, creepier, more dynamic and atmospheric in the manga.
That's one of the reasons why people are so upset — they know how much better things could've been.

Take a look at that comparison above and the other images posted of Ozen as she appears in the manga. Her voice in the anime is spot onto what you would expect from that. Her anime appearance sadly isn't.

Also his body language is wrong. Having him point his arm at her conveys a different feeling than having his arms splayed. Makes it seem as if he's not intimidated

It's seeing the dawn with mostly all anons that matters. The method of getting there does not.

I can't be the only one who laughed at this part

You guys are making me not want to watch the episode with how you are talking about it. Is there anything they did well? The music? The voice acting? Anything?

>ffs

The music's fine.

Prlotect the rikos!

Damn i want to see maruruk being pounded and jacked off

It's literally all memes, the episode is amazing

it's better than the actual shit episodes (4 and 6) but as expected nowhere near the first 3.

It's becoming obvious the first 3 episodes are where all the budget and effort went, and everything else will be mediocre at best.

The anime frame conveys movement. The arm's and cape's position tell about Reg's tension and readiness an unease, while the smaller size further accentuates Ozen's overwhelming force and menace.
The anime counterpart is inferior in absolutely every way.

The lines were a bit much

It's fine

The outdoor part where they descended innawoods for training was comfy

>ffs
You deserve that disappointment for typing like a fucking faggot.

>tsukushi thinks it's good
>shitposters think it's bad

Hmmmm

No, user, you don't understand! The episode was actually amazing, your opinion is shit and irrelevant, and you're a closet bonedadfag!
Oh, and the pacing is fine! FINE, I SAID!!!

So why was so much effort put into the first 3 episodes? wouldn't it have made more sense to save up for the action scenes?

It's okay, just not up to Sup Forums's expectations, as usual.

I'n going to wait for Digibros opinion before saying this episode was bad. I thought it was better than last episode.

It's fucked up how we'll have Lyza's "wonderful adventures" scene followed by the Tamaguchi the very next episode.

Oh, and that user is also an OBVIOUS shitposter, right guys? Ha! Hahahaha!

To fool 3 episode rule anons

This is pretty standard.

Early episodes start out strong to draw viewers in.
Middle episodes start to lose steam.
Last couple of episodes blow the rest of the budget.

>The anime frame conveys movement.
The manga frame, I mean. Pardon the mistake.

i dunno user, tsukushi doesn't seem like the type of person who will state his disappointment openly in public

What would it feel like to be__ a cute, fluffy loli? Lewd things included

I love her voice. Feels pretty unique and it makes my peepee hard. Besides she felt menacing enough despite not also having a menacing voice if you ask me.

@manga nerds

when am I going to see the rabbit

It would feel good, and even better when a cute shotabot starts molesting you

Well I am, but not for these threads.

sfx: crying loli noises

>I thought it was better than last episode.
It would have to try very hard to be worse.
Still doesn't make it good, especially compared to the source material.

So will next episode end on Nanachi introduction?

episode 9, probably.

Her hair looks stupid on her when she doesn't have the clothes

There's a lot to cover before they reach Tama-chan still.

>Finish up 10-day training and return to camp
>Story time with Ozen, White Whistle secrets
>Flashback part 2
>Maruruk crying
>Defeating the Scarlet Maw in the 3rd layer
>Initial exploration of the 4th layer

There are things besides brute strength

He voice makes her sound like a tryhard autist. But isn't that basically what she is?

probably not, gotta get through training montage, 2nd flashback, and intro to third layer first

Listen here you little shit.

>ended up bleeding from his mouth, bruised, in pain
> invincible
Gee, I don't know.

What if next episode is the recap

It doesn't though.

She looks better with the hat user.

What was he supposed to say? That the thing that advertises the mange looks like garbage and didn't do his work justice? Are you genuinely stupid?

Does this actually work?
Looks funny

Maybe they could reach the four layer, so there could be a little tease, since Nanachi was stalking them for awhile and Reg was fully aware of it.

But like this user said , I really doubt it

Oh fuck I'm retarded

I didn't notice Mitty was there when I first read this page

It's easy to see where all the budget went anons!
It's all going to Bonepapa and Faputa in the 2nd cour airing next season!