Well, that sucked

Well, that sucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pretentious#Adjective
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No u.

wtf i hate penguindrum now

I fully agree with you, OP. The show seems to have a fanbase that absolutely loves it, so I expected something at least somewhat decent. I couldn't believe how crap it was.

Threads were fun back when it was airing though.

Are you going to be okay?

That explains a lot. I've seen plenty of shit shows that I ended up enjoying only due to the threads on Sup Forums.

But it is also objectively good.

Yurikuma did Penguindrum better than Penguindrum.

it's an overrated cuckshow

2 deep 4 u

plebs

What a compelling argument, you changed my mind.

on a slightly less autistic note it really is a real gem of anime, shame you didn't like it but it's not as if i could or would force you to.

Pretentious hipster shit: the anime

Daily reminder that "pretentious" is meant to describe a person, not just some piece of entertainment media that was too intelligent for your shounen action waifu cuck mind to understand.

ikuhara is a hack.

True.

Yuri Kuma is Ikuhara's only bad work though. Utena is fantastic but highly overrated, his work in Sailor Moon was decent and Penguindrum was good. He has another series coming soon, right? Maybe it'll bounce back from how shit YKA was.

>too intelligent for your shounen action waifu cuck mind

Holy buzzword overload, Batman.

it's fun to rewatch it after you know who is the hat, why it's so bitchy and what is it trying to get out of this. But still not sure how it was fueled

ah not to function, but rather to get to the spawn point
well, love magic probably

>thinks Yuri Kuma is bad
>thinks Utena is even remotely overrated
>thinks Sailor Moon is just decent
wew

It's the only language the average Sup Forums viewer understands.

the very cuck used to mean another thing just like 2 years ago and now it's just another word for a cheatee, but with better sound in it. You can't harness language processes. But feel free to redact it en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pretentious#Adjective

I was referring to the average Internet user's understand of "cuck" which is non-existant. It's a buzzword. People her mostly only understand buzz words.

>Utena
>overrated
Fucking kek. Until it gets to number one in rating and popularity on MAL and is recognized just as important to the industry as Evangelion then we'll talk overrated.

>Utena is fantastic but highly overrated
>overrated
It's literally his magnum opus, it's not overrated at all.

I love Utena, too, but a shoujo show with same-sex romance will never get the attention it deserves.

>Well, that sucked.
Shit taste OP.

Utena is overrated trash that Sup Forums praises because "muh nostalgia"

This. The fucking threads when the episode aired with Shoma or whatever the fuck Blue's name is got hit by a car.
Goddamn hilarious.

Plus the amount of theorycrafting that was going on in the threads was insane. Amazing ideas getting tossed all around of how the show was going to turn out. Same thing went on with Madoka.

wtf i hate utena now

The generation of posters present during madoka, gj-bu and penguindrum is sorely missed.
Not enough of them left to make Sup Forums as comfy as it was.

It just depends on the threads honestly. You'll only find shitposts if you go into a lot of the mainstream threads. AoT for example was amazing when it was only the manga-readers, and now post-anime is full of waifu posts and whatnot.
LN threads are normally great for this reason as well, I don't like to say anime-only posters are the reason but... in my experiences it seems to always be the case due to it drawing a larger crowd of people.

You've just gotta dig to find it.

The three I mentioned were anime only during the threads.
It due to a shift in the demographic, people used to phoneposting cannot create an enjoyable thread on the same level.
The required state of mind isn't there.
I partially agree with your view however, it just isn't enough to explain the decrease in the quantity/proportion of content rich thread.

Didn't care much for this series, never finished it despite 6 eps away from the finish. It had potential in the beginning but it lost my interest halfway through.

This is what your parents said about your education.
>dropping anything and then daring posting on Sup Forums.
That's a waste you missed the threads, because figuring the plot of these kind of anime are half the fun, but the visual and narration is still great in itself.

Nothing is objectively good or bad.
>overrated
>cuck
You should be in bed right now. School's tomorrow.

Best girl didn't win