No Game No Life Zero in US theatres

>Subbed: Thursday, October 5 at 7:00 PM local time
>Dubbed: Sunday, October 8 at 12:55 PM local time

Plan to go watch it on Oct 5th with a friend.
Who else plans to go?

sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-azoland-pictures-and-fathom-events-to-release-no-game-no-life-zero-to-movie-theaters-nationwide-for-two-day-event-in-october-2017

>2 hours of Lolibait + Gary Stu infodumps and asspulls
Yeah no.

What do you have against lolibait, user?

Is this in Northern California, mostly around Modesto region?

Maybe? No news yet on what theatres will be getting it, so I'm just keeping a close eye on this story for now.

Fuck off, faglord.

>there will never be more animated shiro
[muffled waku waku in the distance]

Why do you say that? Isn't a movie at this point a pretty go indication at a possible S2?

I watch NGNL to see the MC conquer a world of waifus while getting cockblocked.

I do not watch it for feels.

My body is ready

The movie has made over 500 million yen so far.

S2 is very likely.

In less than a hundred screens too which means the theaters are packed, season 2 is all but confirmed.

I want to disassemble her and fondle each of her parts

>Going to see a movie of the worst volume
for what purpose?

But when will it be on nyaa?

What is so good about ngnl? huehuehuehue

>ironic weeb: the movie

I really was looking forward to this movie but I heard glassreflection say that it has nothing to do with the main characters or plot and it might as well be a completely different story so I'm assuming they pulled an Index on us a completely fucked everybody over. I don't know for sure if that's what they did so that's why I'm coming here.

NGNL is barely legal in some states, im surprised this is happening.

It's a prequel movie, based on Volume 6 of the Light Novel.

The current theory is that they decided to animate this part of the LN because it makes for good movie material, without needing to adapt Volume 4 and 5, which may end up being Season 2 instead (assuming they plan to animate an S2 at all)

The plot takes place 6000 years in the past, before the 10 Oaths that Tet made, during the Great War. Just watch any of the PVs and you would know at least that.

>(assuming they plan to animate an S2 at all)
they do not, light novel sells too well

Since when has "we have too much money" ever stopped anyone?

You're partially right. It's an adaption of volume 6, which is a rather shitty prequel story.

It's easily the worst volume.

Saw it last month because I live in Tokyo. It was honestly fantastic. Much better than I thought it'd be. Hope you EOPs enjoy it, and hope we get season 2.

She's worst girl now.

I will be attending

Second season usually means less sales of those light novel volumes. Animes are usually very low profit in comparison to novels

It's been doing a good job of stopping them from making S2 for a while now.

I had forgotten this actually exists.

Movie goodies

They giving these out in NA? I really would love a loli.

You stupid retarded bitch face do you even know what you're talking about? The amount of exposure an anime will get compared to a LN is ridiculous. The LN will usually only get maybe if it's good like 2% of the anime fans to read it. The real money comes from merchandise and advertising which is why the make the anime in the first place. A keychain can run you up to as much as a entire LN volume and there's posters, figures, plushy and all kinds of things you couldn't even comprehend and a single figure can cause as much as a ton of LN volumes and they sell all the time and people will buy multiple of the same merchandise items every day unlike a LN which sells once to the people who will buy it and never buy the same LN again. You're just a LN fanboy in denial.

There's a reason manga artists cum in their pants at the thought of an anime adaptation because if it's a hit they can live the rest of their lives in riches from the merchandise money alone. Money the LN by itself couldn't even dream of.

And the backs

Probably not. I saw it right when it came out in Tokyo.

Take Harry Potter for example. One of the most famous books in modern history and probably easily outsells any anime LN and if you guessed that series made more or even close to as much money from the books against the merchandise after the movie you'd be completely wrong.

You think people are still buying Harry Potter books today? Maybe but that's only because it's one of the most popular books ever created in our time but very little like a drop in the bucket compared to when they were being made. Meanwhile merchandise sales are going strong and they'll continue to go strong for years and years to come.

Not neccesarily. Youre under estimating just how many people in the entire world bought those books. Iirc the hardcover editions were like $50-70, and thats all anyone i know ever bought. Youre probably still right, but its most likely a lot closer than you think. Obviously im only comparing books to merchandise here, movies are a whole nother game

See
People are growing up and having kids who are also getting older. The books still sell, and they will continue to until the next giant thing comes along

Doesn't matter if those books cost $200 a piece user. They'd still have been blown away by merchandise sales long ago. Merchandise sales that continue to run strong today. Do you think Evangelion makes its money from LN volumes or the stacks apon stacks of money from Asuka swimsuit figures?

The kids will have easy access to the books and those same kids will buy merchandise so that point doesn't mean anything and most Harry Potter fans believe it or not haven't read the books just like 98% of anime fans don't read the LN and out of the 2% that do read the LN about half of them pirate them. I'm not saying you can't make a decent amount of money from 1% of the fans that read and actually buy the LN but the merchandise sales from the 98% makes that number look pathetic in comparison,

>want to talk about the movie
>Harry Potter hijack
Okay

So was this movie good in adapting volume 6 though? Anyone seen it that can give a non-spoiler review?

I just hate LN fanboys who think that LNs are the end all be all best things in the universe and make the most money. It's all a matter of opinion which is better and I can see why somebody might hate anime and like LNs but the anime will easily end up bringing in more money than the LN and that's even if the anime is complete trash because people will always watch it and the amount of money a series generates from before and after an anime adaptation is completely night and day and that's not due to the slight increase in LN sales which most people will pirate anyways. It's from millions of people wanting to buy something that reminds them of the series be that a keychain, poster, prop etc let alone if the series gets a videogame like Naruto, DBZ or something and advertisers wanting to use the anime to promote their product.

The backgrounds and character designs were fantastic, animation was good with only one CGshit scene in the middle of a battle (honestly I don't even know why it was there). Pacing was good, and the seiyuu all killed it. The music was fantastic, and the "important" scenes we're all framed well and carried a great sense of weight. The ending had a few things that I really liked that I thought they wouldn't do as well. I can't really say anything else without actually talking about the plot.

Sounds good, then. Hopefully it'll get picked up by a group soon.

Everyone hates muh source fags, especially given most of them can't even read moon and just pretend reading shitty machine translations makes them "real fans". Just call them retards and move on.

In like 18 months?

You forgot to mention that it will be screening at the Los Angeles Anime Film Festival mid-September and tickets are available for purchase.

You do realize that you people who complain about these very few "ironic weebs" are more annoying and bigger pieces of shit than the ironic weebs themselves, right?

Complaining about "ironic weebs" is something newfags started doing a couple seasons ago.

>BR author gets caught with plagiarism
>series still allowed to exist

Fucking why, Japan?

no one cares
he's put out like 3-4 volume since the scandal, plus it's not like the main part of the work is the art

>some blogger makes half-ass attempt to accuse author of plagiarism
>no one cares
>series still allowed to exist.
Not sure what you expect.

When you copy everything, you copy nothing. Not like the art wasn't any less garish before you knew it was copied.

What did she do?

Dragon Ball Super has several plagiarized images and scenes as the fans found but its still going.

Were they plagiarized? I thought they were just copying from earlier episodes.
Which I guess is plagiarization in school, at least

Literally fake news.

Funny thing about that. Apparently during the pre-screening in Japan, her VA apologized and asked people not to hate her.

Reminded everyone that her kind are literal monsters.

Nothing I can say without spoiling the entire movie.

That's because it's Yukarin. I watched the special Nanoha screening that same day, and hearing her mess up the group chant line was hilarious. I really feel bad for her and hope she finds a husband soon.

iirc she kills the loli

When you're Dragonball and about a million pieces of fiction have copied you, you're allowed to do that.

I don't really think you can call that plagiarizing