*Spoilers* Toriyama's tip on how to make the main protagonist unlikable

twitter.com/Herms98/status/898710246222249984

This is just disgusting. Why would they write Goku like this?! Toriyama claims to have went back to writing Dragon Ball because of Evolution but he's only ruined the series outside Battle of Gods with modern Dragon Ball.

It's official. Super is a disgrace to Dragon Ball's legacy. Just like GT.

I feel sick to my stomach now...

Inb4 "Goku wuz always like dis!1!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YF3P6XgFIM8
nhentai.net/g/202826/105/
youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Getting mad about Child's catoons.
Grown up user.

DBZAOT

did you think just because nobody agreed with your dumbass opinion on gamefaqs, it would mean different on /a?

>?!
>...
Where did you come from?

What?

And this triggers you because?

>I didn't even know when Gohan and Goten were born.
My sides.

>who cares about chinese cartoons u guys

Why are you even here?

Sup Forums would be boring if everyone was just neutral about everything.

>tfw this nullifies some of you favorite filler
Excuse the dub youtube.com/watch?v=YF3P6XgFIM8

It's a GAG, don't you know that Toriyama loves gags?

It's pretty obvious that he regrets the whole gritty atmostphere of the saiyan arc and he intends to make Goku look like his younger innocent self, but it's too late for that.

He's at least been a good person throughout most of his life and cared about people's problems

It's so contradictory to how they also show goku
'lol he doesn't care about family and just fights for fighting, also don't mention you hurt his family or he'll get angry because he cares deeply for them'

Super was a mistake

Dubs thread? Check these

Cause this is FIIIIIIILLEEEEEEERRRR

We all know how Goku acted before Super, the problem is that he is being ultra silly in the anime and now recently in the manga, but that's Toriyama for you.

About not knowing about Gohan, he probably didn't knew that Chichi was pregnant and she asumed monkey boy did so she didn't told him anything.

It's not really a gag. Toriyama has spoken in interviews about how most Saiyans have no concept of family, and that includes Goku.

The Royal family, Gine and Bardock (due to Gine's influence) are the only exceptions according to him.

I don't see why not knowing about inane shit such as births means he can't care about them.

Kanzenshuu nerds are freaking out and hating Toyo for it

Reminder that Son Goku is beautiful.

Goku had to know of Gohans birth

>Goku being Goku

And we should care about this scene because...?

Super is making Goku out to be even more immature and childish.

Reminder that in the anime, they only say he didn't know about Goten.

It's likely a combination of multiple opponents he has yet to surpass and his head trauma making him act like even more of an asshole than usual.
Goku has known Beerus for a few years at this point and still hasn't surpassed him, it's making Goku lose his mind, every other opponent Goku has fought he has eventually surpassed except Beerus and the other Gods.

Why? From what I gather Toyo the only one not portraying Goku as a sociopath. I figure he'll come up with some bullshit to justify the Universe Survival Arc as well that doesn't involve Goku causing it.

Compared to SuperAnime!Goku not remembering his sons' birthdays is peanuts. With the former there is no, "You might not be a bad guy, but as a father, you're the worst." He is a bad guy. But also a shit parent.

Except Goku was raised in Earth and whatever planet Vegeta's monkey society was like it didn't matter in any way shape or form on his upbringing and on how he is today. According to their expectations he should have been a violent would be planet conqueror except he forgot even that and his parents because brain damage.

if this was in tori outline why it didn't appear in the anime like the kiss gag or goku and vegeta discussing about their wives?

How deluded can you even be? It's a sure thing that the Zenos will hold the tournament after being reminded of it by Goku; and the "Goku gave 8 universes a chance to survive by winning the tournament" plot point is guaranteed to happen in the manga, too.

It might or might not have been in the outline. But the are allowed to make changes. If it was in the outline, Toei ignored the Gohan bit. If it was not, Toyo added the Gohan bit.

I didn't expect him to know

>Super is shit

Again, we should care about this scene because...?

Goku's always been a horrible father though. For fucks sake he gave Cell a senzu bean right before fighting his kid. This isn't exactly out of character.

You mean it hasn't happened yet? Sounds to me like you're deluded.

If Toyo is having Goku worry about civilians and avoid collateral damage I don't see why he'd suddenly have him not care about causing the deaths of trillions like Toei!Goku does.

I know BoG had been retconned but in the movie, didn't Beerus say that there were 7 GoDs stronger than him or something?

no he said he was the GoD of the 7th universe and that there may be other gods who are stronger than him

>and that there may be other gods who are stronger than him
OK, thanks. I guess he is probably one of the strongest GoDs then.

>hurrr I post my wishful thinking on how the manga is going to massively deviate from the way the anime went you telling me it's delusional to think so is the delusion here

Also, Goku didn't cause anything dipshit. In a few episodes it is explained that the 8 competing universes would be erased anyway and that the tournament hosted by Zeno would be the one chance for them to escape their fate.

>If Toyo is having Goku worry about civilians and avoid collateral damage
Yes, and? A few episodes ago Goku was opposing Freeza over his killing spree of the U9 mooks sent there.
Also, in the anime the city where they fought was in ruins and he knew everyone alive in the area was hiding underground. The latter is not presented at all in the manga so it follows a different route to get the same point across.

>zamasu travels a millenia into the future
>universe still exists

Hmm. And then Goku reacts to what he's done like he just spilled over a cup of milk. lol Go make an "x did nothing wrong" thread about Griffith or Sasuke or some other villain with a more sympathetic motive than "i want to fight strong guys." They didn't destroy multiple worlds after all. Defending a guy who smirks at the prospect of a universe being erased is ice skating up hill. It's cartoonish super villainy.

>A few episodes ago Goku was opposing Freeza over his killing spree of the U9 mooks sent there

Forced as hell. Toei tried to make Frieza look evil by having him kill a bunch of faceless bad guys.

>Didn't know about Gohan's birth
You're talking shit Toriyama/Toyo. Goten gets a pass since he was dead but Goku was alive and there was absolutely nothing going on between when he married Chi-Chi and and Raditz showing up to some how miss Gohan's birth.

>bringing up the point made in the show about how none of it was Goku's fault is somehow "defending" Goku now
>plot development doesn't count because to me it was "forced" and I didn't like it, never mind that being the second time Freeza does that sort of thing in Super (first one being when he wiped out his own army when transforming way back in RoF)
>asserting Goku smirked at any point when an universe was erased or when he thought about it (give the source or piss off)
What even is the point of miscontruing things in a manner this obvious. Are you this butthurt your delusion bubble was popped? Or is it that you are behind the insufferable anime vs manga fights.

>Freeza killing people going after him is forced
That seems entirely like him. Especially after RoF

The manga has its problems too. Giving Goku a ridiculously powerful hax with hakai. Turning Trunks into a useless jobber. But Goku's actual character isn't something to get sore about with Toyo's portrayal. Especially since his Goku's not functioning on ten levels of retardation aside from having a moral compass.

Toyo writes Goku like he's a Goku fanboy. Toei writes Goku, his bitchy wife, and his "mediocre son" like they're shilling the Briefs and hold active contempt for the Son family.

It kinda did when Goku mentioned he wasnt present when Goten was born because he was dead.

toyofags gonna defend this shit,

Thats another issue, with how Toyo has been writing Goku before the latest chapter, it seems that he now is forced to dumb down Goku.

Everyone just blame Toriyama for it. Toyo should stick with being inspired by Horikoshi(Hero Academia Mangaka).

Exactly, it's not Toyotaros fault. It's clear that Toriyama wants to be Goku look silly.

At this point Toei/Shueshia should dump Toriyama, and replace him with someone of the caliber of Kubo, at least the quality and relevance of other characters will increase.

>Giving Goku a ridiculously powerful hax with hakai
Literally meh.
Hakai can't defeat a stronger foe, which in short means that if Goku's latest hair color doesn't have an unseen power level number high enough (as in, higher than his current foe) attached to it, then it's really no better than Goku's kamehameha, fists, or ki blasts for the purposes of defeating such an enemy.

>Kubo
>at least the quality and relevance of other characters will increase.
Yeah, like chad.

>Hakai can't defeat a stronger foe
Sauce? You ass.

There's a ningen in some universe out there who is stronger than the GoD living there and for this reason said person can't be hakai'd by him. The same GoD also is hinted at being stronger than Beerus.
Some say the aforementioned ningen is Jiren, there has been no confirmation though.

>for this reason said person can't be hakai'd by him.
How do you know that? He can overpower the GoD without him being able to use Hakai. Or overpower his attacks with whatever he has. Vegeto was stronger than Buu but he could still get turned into chocolate.

According to Minus, Goku SHOULD have been an outright good guy (of the Toei/Funimation kind) given he had exceptional parents.

If anything, the brain damage was retconned to only made him a worse person.

>Vegeto was stronger than Buu but he could still get turned into chocolate
True, but don't forget that unlike everybody else to end up turned into food by his magic (including Buu himself in the mirror match against evil Buu), Vegetto was shown to retain his consciousness and powers which is what allows him to fight back as a candy.

how come he didn't know about gohan's birth? he was alive back then
he lived with chichi when she gave birth to gohan!

Not only that, his name is an homage to Goku's one parental figure, there's no way Goku didn't even take part in how they as a couple were gonna name their offspring. There's no sense given this for Toriyama to come now and say "Goku had no idea he had a son coming and wasn't there for his birth either (laughs)"

And? Toriyama sinply made a main character that is not a hero but a kinda nice barbarian.

>Inb4 "Goku wuz always like dis!1!"

Pic related. He was an asshole when he was a kid. He literally raped Murasaki whit a magical pole and then proceed to laugh while the poor bastard cried in the floor completely humiliated.

gt is not a disgrace you nigger

No. Toriyama made Goku an alien several arcs in and then overcompensated in his attempt to keep him from being Superman. He then made him more unlikable in the pursuit of uniqueness and "depth" which has reached critical mass in Super.

> Toriyama

You mean Toyo.

This wasn't in the anime, so it wasn't part of Toriyama's scripts. Meaning, this wasn't Toriyama's idea.

Yet another example of Toyo being a hack

Like Murasaki doesn't deserve to be humiliated.

Reminder that Goku has a twisted sense of humor and takes comedic pleasure in making everyone thing he's an airhead who doesn't understand how the world works like when he was a child.

It's all a big joke to him. He obviously kissed chichi on his wedding night.

Goku kissed her, but no on the lips.

Goku kissed her on the lips, but not those.

Christ, Toyo is so fucking shit.

I honestly buy that he didn't know about Goten's birth but where was he during Gohan's birth? What was he doing and where?

training probably

wasn't he fishing in a DBZ filler?

I can't think of a whole lot of times where Goku made it his "GOAL" to stop someone from being evil. Ususally he just happens to come across people who want something he wants and then defeats them. Granted he's usually righteous and nice about it, but he didn't like...go their with the desire to stop evil from happening. If it wasn't for the fact that he NEEDS the dragonballs he probably wouldn't have ever crossed paths with the Red Ribbon Army.

God damnit, even the destroyed City looks more interesting in the manga.

My biggest complaint about the Black arc is that it was boring as shit to look at.

This is the closest Toriyama can get to making Goku pure as an angel and not knowing what sex does. He already made it canon that Goku never kissed his own wife and now this. I get the character is a dumbass barbarian kid but you would think Chichi would have taught him what kissing is.

Next he's somehow going to imply Goku never had sex.

>Goku never kissed his own wife
did it happen in the manga too?

Sayians aren't suppose to be good fathers.

>Saiyans have no concept of family except for vegeta and his family, bardock and his waifu

So all of them besides goku, raditz (who couldnt stop talking about goku being his brother), and nappa?

Why the fuck

Yes, it did

No joke, some of Toei's filler drastically improved Dragonball: Suno aiming the gun at Piccolo, Gohan's training arc, the legendary driving lessons episode.

In the doujins too. When Chichi went in for a kiss, Goku started fingering her and made her angry.

when will you learn that goku doesn't give a shit about his family
he only cares about training and fighting strong guys

wat

I mean it's bad but damn dude stop being such a drama queen.

>Goku isn't around for his family

This is normal in Japan, he's just like the typical japanese man.

I honestly think Goku like to pretend to be retarded just to fuck with people.

fucking ghosts

Makes no sense that Goku doesn't know about about Gohan's birth. He's named after Goku's grandpa.

he probably didn't know until gohan was born
he most likely was on a training trip when gohan was born
we're talking about that guy that didn't talk to his family for 7 years after he died
or never mentioned his son to his closest friends until he took him to the kame house

REminder
>ブヨン
Best Character. Obviously

nhentai.net/g/202826/105/

This and the next page

how about english version you spanish sperg?

>Chad
>Tatsuki
>Hime

Holy shit i'm still mad about this, Hime's power is broke as hell but he had to throw her out after Hueco mundo because how OP is was, Chad was the only non OP jobber I kinda liked when he got a power up. And Tatsuki is a martial artist ffs wasted potential after showing that some of ichigo's friends could now see what was going on.

I hope Kubo never works in the manga industry again.

LOL. youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA

Ironically Superman is unlikable as fuck ask Sup Forums there was even a website called Superdickery.com that showed examples of all his silver age bullshit and even some of his modern bs.

>He's named after Goku's grandpa.
That fact has nothing to do with knowing the birth day of his son or not.

Find it yourself you prick

>Brain damage

Is this actually canon? Where did it happen ?

Context? I don't remember this scene in the anime.
Why exactly is the question about birth even coming up?
Did Goku see Bulma baby belly and thought she was getting fat?

It wasn't in the anime. They do mention that he wasn't present for Goten's birth since he was dead and all.

I see, so this is manga only.
Still, that means this happened after Goku Black arc, and because it looks like the scene is set on Earth, it must be because he saw Bulma getting big do to being pregnant and acquainted it to being just fat.
This is just another moment where Goku is a giant retard again, not that he doesn't give a fuck about his family.

Goten makes sense. He was dead.

Gohan though? I don't see how Chichi never told him. We can clearly see he didn't abandon her to go do another adventure after he won the tournament.

Goku in the doujin does understand love and sex though. He just wanted to get straight to the event instead of messing around with foreplay.
Why can't we have the guy who made this doujin in charge of making Super?