Does anyone actually watch ARIA? Was it some sort of elaborate inside joke?

Does anyone actually watch ARIA? Was it some sort of elaborate inside joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BN0qsuK6sGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off rightstuff no one cares.

What?

Apparently 1,300 something care. I got linked to the kickstarter by a friend and I don't get it.

Nozomi's raising money to dub the series and after seeing the first episode I'm not seeing why people would spend money on it.

I watched all of it. It grows on you.

It's just another sol, why would it be a joke?

>first episode
Why are you even here? Go back to MAL.

what are those singles doing in a white gondola

Some people interpret boring as artistic

All I know is that the soundtrack is fucking Golden. Possibly the best.

I watched it for lewds.

>Aria bashing thread
>this is the absolute state of nu-Sup Forums

Yes, never trust Sup Forums recommendations, ever

It's one of the comfiest shows in existence.

half of Sup Forums has called aria boring as fuck since it came out. hell I don't think I've ever seen an aria thread without people shitting on it's molasses pace.

I didn't sign up for this, where do we go now that Sup Forums has been compromised?

Aria is like crack. Once you've watched it all you will be dying for more.

Its slow pace is its entire point. Bashing aria would be like bashing an action show because it has too many fight scenes. Its supposed to be a relaxing show so thats the entire fucking point.

crack is fun and engaging unlike aria.

I've seen every episode, and I can't remember a single charecters name, or anything interesting that happened in it. It's that dull.

Pacing isn't a thing in a slice of life. It's like complaining about filler. Nobody watches Aria for the plot.

>tfw every friend said you have to watch Aria
It was just plain boring, even for a SoL. I enjoyed Sakura Quest more than I enjoyed Aria. There must be some nostalgia factor involved

>it's suuppooosed to suck!
yeah I don't take ariafags seriously. I'm not bashing aria for having a slow pace, I enjoy plenty of things for having a slow pace. I bash it because it's boring. I'd bash an action show for being boring if it was boring. it's like aria intentionally avoids universe expansion and fun.

It's fucking scifi!
It takes place on an entire planet that's future Italy, and they do NOTHING with that great premise. It's completely legitimate to bash that.

It's a masterpiece.
The last 6 episodes of the 3rd season are some of the absolute best the medium has to offer.

bro I've been watching SoL for over a decade and I'm telling you aria is just boring and anti-fun, these traits aren't inherent to the genre it doesn't excuse the show for sucking.

Aria the anime is better in theory than in execution.
The manga is great.
YKK still better though.

Aria is king of comfy.

Retarded or just pretending? Probably just retarded.

No sappy lines allowed.

You just have shit taste.

It's a slice of life with a sci-fi setting. You sound like you just don't get how SoL works.

I watched the first two sessons shitfaced after work on the daily for as long as took. It was pretty comfy.

This show has only avoided criticism for so long because it ironically has a vehement fanbase who sperg at the first sign of negativity.

Aria is the greatest thing ever created by humans.

Let me guess, your favorite anime and manga is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, faggot OP.

I watched it back around 2009 or so.

It made me cry most episodes.

HAZUKASHII SERIFU KINSHI!
youtube.com/watch?v=BN0qsuK6sGQ

I'm sorry? ARIA is an undisputed masterpiece well beloved here on Sup Forums. I've watched the entire thing through several times, and used to watch an episode or two every evening shortly before bed. Might have to start that up again.

>Nozomi's raising money to dub the series
Nozomi why, I trusted you. You've always been the one American licensor I can actually stomach.

Setting, art, music and character design are all on point. I'm just not a fan of the interactions and voice acting much.

This is nothing new.

I think the bashing is more because of OP shilling for a dub kickstarter project rather than Aria.
If you actually watch or care about dubs, you are the nu-Sup Forums.

It took me two years to watch this, wasn't in any hurry at all. Watched an episode when I felt like it and it was super comfy.

Isn't there also a BD release?

No

Kickstarter says they are updating it to Bluray on top of dubbing it.

I sure haven't. I've read the manga three times though.
Something about screencaps of the anime posted in aria threads always makes me feel like it's oddly claustrophobic when the manga feels like it has so much open space. I really don't like the anime's style so I've never tried to watch it.

origination was pure fucking kino

>2011
>Aria is the go to title for "shows unanimously liked by Sup Forums"
>2017
>

>donating to a kikestarter that just shits on the show and will make these threads even worse
Shouldn't have underestimated how much people hate Aria.

A show about nothing.

I like Aria but it's time to accept that some people don't like it whether they are newfags or old. Threads that have just "comfy" are inane at the core and I'd rather take some criticism to drive discussion. I get that blogposting used to be a thing in those threads but it was done discreetly with a polite sage and spoilers. The practice isn't possible anymore since sage has disappeared from common knowledge.

I've been here for years, love SoL and cgdct shows, and greatly dislike aria. The jokes are stale(you can chalk much of this up to the shows age, though) and the episodic plots about finding some bland character and giving them peace were too predictible and boring. People always harp on about "comfy" like its the second coming of god, but fuck you, you don't get to have shitty jokes and plots and then get a free pass because you have some panning scenery and relaxing music. Just about any healing/""""comfy"""" is better than ARIA. I've only seen half of the first season though, could never stomach the idea of watching more.

>I've been here for years, love SoL and cgdct shows
as if that makes your OPINION more credible

>they do NOTHING with that great premise.
So you've never seen it. Stop posting anytime.

Someone linked a clip of the show with the italian dub which was actually really, nice. That clip only featured one character though, is the rest of the dub any good? I thought it might be fun to watch a show in a language that wasn't japanese, plus it seems a bit fitting for the aesthetic. EOP here.

Some people interpret artistic as boring

this

>I thought it might be fun to watch a show in a language that wasn't japanese
Then watch animated shows that aren't Japanese? At least it has the possibility of not being awful then.

How does this make you feel.

Also note that it implies she had sex.

>will never plow her thicc butt from behind

I was originally going to say "anime in a language that isn't japanese," since that's the primary animated media that I watch. That said, I do watch other animation from different countries like Wakfu.

Thanks user.

Wow that's original.

do I need low T levels to be able to enjoy this

best episode

Agreed.

Aria is one of the greatest shows ever made, but I can see how ADD kiddies wouldn't be able to stand it. Time to start watching one episode every night again.

>enter thread
>Does anyone actually-
>mfw

But was it under the covers while holding hands?

Aria is a very slow anime and I can understand why people wouldn't like that honestly. It's a show about nothing happening while a cute girl "hahi"s her way around sci-fi Italy. It's enjoyable due to the characters interacting and growing though, and how even when nothing happens, they can still enjoy such beautiful days on mars.

Of course not!
Akari is into some really kinky stuff.

So long as it was consensual.

It's like Flying Witch. Totally boring and shit but depressed NEETs still like it.

It wasn't.
At least that was premise of the play.

But then it was still consensual rape.

You can never compete with Al's thick manlet cock.

>a thread was started with an unfavorable opinion on Sup Forums
shock fucking horror

This shit violates the NAP and I ain't gotta take it.

Have you read the manga?
I'm the exact same as you but it turns out I just hated the slow as balls pacing and the pretty terrible production values of the anime. The manga gives you much more food for thought and looks so much better.

>not liking aria
What's fucking next? Am I gonna read about you cunts shitting on Hidamari Sketch? Holy fucking shit, you absolute Ć’ucking degenerates.

It's time to accept that Sup Forums is no longer the old Sup Forums we knew and loved.

x365 is a masterpiece but the two new characters brought it down a couple notches desu

Do you really think that this is something new? Sup Forums hasnt really chanced all that much over the years and not like this place was ever good

*sways at you*

Omaewa mou shin deiru