So is there any sort of way to derive a political message from Neon Genesis Evangelon...

So is there any sort of way to derive a political message from Neon Genesis Evangelon? The only thing I can think of is Misato as argument against women's liberation.

Not without doing mental gymnastics. Rei is the perfect woman though.

SEELE are a bunch of jews

This.

Rei is the best girl. There is no debate to be had.

This is now a Rei thread

Jews would never destroy the world for no profit
They were evangelicals

This guy knows what's up.

No

have never seen it. Does it hold up or is it a meme show ?

It will really make you think

It teaches Gnosticism.
Gnostics are generally left wing.

This anime created all the cliche and has been blatantly ripped off abunch of times with shows like Rahxephon feeling like a chinese EVA bootleg and Eureka feeling like they are trying to make their own EVA with blackjack and Jigolos.

So it migh feel unoriginal to somebody who has watched a lot of ripossf though.
Still worth a watch for magnificent waifus, great characters and the EOE movie which is the best and the craziestthing ever.

it's a real trip
would recommend

>It teaches Gnosticism.
It's pretty much sci-fi with space aliens masqurading as supernatural gods.

watch order:
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>End of Evangelion
>Rebuild movies
some advice, skip death and rebirth, and smoke a joint before you watch EoE. This makes for a great trip and will probably save you from depression after the end of the film.

Shinji can be seen as an example of the damage of toxic masculinity on young males.
Gendo is the patriarchy.

Asuka is an example of an immature, but strong liberated woman, in direct contrast to Rei, the meek submissive female archtype.

its truly a deep show, just give it a try hehe

Best advice: Skip Rebuild.

If gnosticism was unbirth fetish: the religion, which it probably was.

Lol no.
>Shinji - the harm of single parent households
>Gengo - a giant autistic numale who runs from parental responsibility
>Asuka - sick toxic bitch
>Rei - perfect female role model

>>Rebuild movies
Better left unwatched.

Uless you watched and hated EVA.
Rebuilds are EVA for people who dont like EVA but do like Michael Bay movies.

NGE is the originator of the meme.

It’s steeped with Kabbalah and Gnosticism though. The director supposedly only liked the symbols and to mess around with them. But still. It influences one to dig in a bit deeper.

stop

shinji is the result of liberal brainwashing. unlike his chad dad, he's a fucking wimp who wouldn't get into a giant fucking mech and too scared to smash pussy.

literal soyboy

It's a children's show. It's basically Harry Potter for Asian millennials.

the symbolism started as just being cool imagery, but Anno admits that he later used it to help construct the narrative.

EoE was definitely not a mistake.

they had sex though, its the reason why he strangles her at the end

Those are false tracks left to decieve viewer to think "this shit is meaningful and deep" while it actually isnt.

All that stuff has no significance to the story or message and is there just to look cool.

>had sex though, its the reason why he strangles her at the end
>Burger reasonig

If they had sex he would be boning her in the end, not strangling lol.

Older animes are so ugly looking.

>shinji is the result of liberal brainwashing. unlike his chad dad, he's a fucking wimp who wouldn't get into a giant fucking mech and too scared to smash pussy.

I can play this game better than you.
Shinji is the result of a cold, distant, and typically masculine authority figure holding him to impossible male standards.

Shinji is rightly afraid of risking his life, and Gendo abuses his relationship to force him to put himself at risk. Classic patriarchy.

Shinji's relationship with Rei is only because of his mother issues and lack of good female influence in his life. This is further complicated by the fact that Rei is a clone of his mother.

There is clear symbolism with the Eva suits being like wombs and returning to the mother (especially considering how Eva Unit 01 has his mother's soul).

rei is akari's cum bag

this

>Misato as argument against women's liberation.
i don't remember that

>mental gymnastics
>rei is the perfect women
This is cognitive dissonance in action.

Misato is a mess.
Misato is a waste.
Misato is a disgrace.

I'm Gnostic and I'm definitely right wing.

Heretic

>all this reifags itt

This. Spot on chaps.

dont watch it
go for bokurano if u like manga, or the big o
its like death note, monster, etc those shows everybody watches and are overrated as hell
only thing i like is the OP, but that got old with all the pariodes tbqh

Gnosticism is a lie user

>she also wanted to fuck a minor

holly shit you're right misato is the archetype of the modern women

>when your waifu is a degenerate whore

fyi the crator said he only used christian symbolism because it looks cool

>This makes for a great trip and will probably save you from depression after the end of the film
welp too late

>Jew promoting vice
Like clockwork

>Pursues job instead of family
>Ends up sad because of it
>No children, uses Pen-Pen as a surrogate
>Alcoholic
>Mouth is like an ashtray
>Only pleasure she can receive comes from Kaji's cock.

Reminder that you get to see Misato have sex with another man and only cucks like Misato.

You're right, the [spoiler]junior[/spoiler] Ikari.

What if I told you that there were ideologies that existed outside of Christianity?

True, but only pedophiles like Rei and Asuka

Any attempt to derive a political message from Eva would be a complete waste of time. The primary theme of the show is the loneliness of existence, and each character's solitary efforts to combat the existential dread of being alone. The emphasis on inner struggles makes any political implications accidental and tertiary.

You can draw some great religious themes, though. The angels are coming to do humans a favor. Their ultimate goal is to destroy everyone's AT Fields that prevent them from hearing and feeling each others' thoughts and emotions. Each character fights against the Angels, who are trying to save them from their loneliness, because despite being desperately alone and depressed, they cannot let go of the sins that bind them to the world and keep them distinct from other humans. It's an amazing way of looking at death and the afterlife and sin.

Shinji's father fights the angels in an attempt to revive his dead wife. Despite the fact that after the Angels destroy his AT field he will become one with her in the afterlife (Human Instrumentality), he would rather keep his own individuality and revive her in the world he knows. Shinji fights the Angels (read: God's will) only to please those around him. He cares more about what others think of him than what God wants.

I think you mean well adjusted human beings.

is just me, but i think that shinji didnt even finish the job and couldnt strangle asuka to death he just pussied out in the end

congratulations!

>Be Asuka
>Literally begging Kaji for dick
>Told to go fuck herself because she's a shit

Speaking about cucks lol

>he isn't watching the most heterosexual anime of the century

leave Sup Forums and never come back

There’s nothing wrong with being attracted to little girls

Michael Bay couldn't come up with a piano duet like that.

seele are jews. melt down humanity into homogenous goo and then control every thing

Meme flag

>Any attempt to derive a political message from Eva would be a complete waste of time. The primary theme of the show is the loneliness of existence, and each character's solitary efforts to combat the existential dread of being alone. The emphasis on inner struggles makes any political implications accidental and tertiary
this
/thread

>Saudi is a pedophile

Why does this fucking anime get spammed on Sup Forums so much? Do you faggots fap on your neon anime body pillows every night?

I watched NGE but didn’t get the message, it was all just so unclear with the self thinking from different characters. What was the message, or plot exactly?

THIS

>why is this extremely popular anime so popular on an anime image board

I might get gassed for this, but it is my humble opinion that Rei in the second rebuild is better than Rei in the original series.

Ofcourse!
Did you even need to ask?

Cannot unsee

it seems to be highly esoteric which can be used to open people's minds

haven't watched it for myself though

I want to watch EVA but I can't get over how much of a fag Shinji is.

WHAT DO I DO??

Rei is a soulless fuckdoll. Asuka is waifu.

You mean rei that is still stuck in the fish tank?

Rebuild Rei has never been or did anything that made the original Rei a great character and waifu.

If you project the original Rei onto rebuild it would be a cute and lovely fanservice with your character. BUT if you take hewr on her own without any of her legacy merit she is incredibly dull and uninteresting just a moeblob characrter.

And I dont like when a genial character is rewitten to be dull.

Asuka is a toxic independant woman who needz no Man.
Rei was the queen of the show and the traditionnal woman put in a sci-fi situation.
>Soulless
She had more soul than fucking Misato, faggot.

id take a meme over a kike

Accept it as a negative trait.
It's the core of the show, humans are inherently flawed and no matter how much you try to circumvent your flaws, it doesn't matter in the end.

Yeah I bet you would, leaf. By all means, take in more Arab migrants. Peoplekind must be saved!

id take a kike over a meme

Please stop arguing. You all deserve to get 'deloused'.

You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Jacking off on her unconscious body is not the same as having sex.

Congratulations!
You have just ruined this thread.

Kikes always lie. Everything he says is the opposite.

>Asuka is a toxic independant woman who needz no Man.
you literally didn't get her point. She actually needs men.

The point was that she wasn't being honest with herself and was a sack of shit because of it? Oh yeah, that's way better you pastanigger

some of it was entertaining but there is no deeper meaning. it was by design cryptic as hell. you can't really break much down because it's subjective.

hey kike say the line

I'd rather have the soulless fuckdoll

Truly pathetic, aren't they?

Its a balanced story containing in particular female strength and weakness. While Misato is portrayed as a woman with sex issues, shaming herself for having sex, Rei's story can be construed to be a classic feminist story.

Rei is a woman that both feminists and Sup Forums can get behind.

>Asuka is a toxic independant woman who needz no Man.
>Rei was the queen of the show and the traditionnal woman put in a sci-fi situation.

This is the most small brain interpretation of anything I've ever heard.

>So is there any sort of way to derive a political message from Neon Genesis Evangelon?
The political message of Neon Genesis Evangelion was that the governments of the world were shifty lying bastards using child soldiers to enact some scheme to trigger the apocalypse.
>implying supernatural gods are not by definition extraterrestrials

>Projecting this hard