Dragon Ball super

Dragon Ball z has the same or more asspulls and retcons than Super. I would even say the retcons that super have make more sense than the ones Z has

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfHBrhMM5bk
youtube.com/watch?v=TaBXf5O-cOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Z has more retcons than Super

how much do toei pay you? Super is objectively bad, the only thing it has is dbz nostalgia. It would have been canceled 10 episodes in without it.

Reminder that Son Goku is beautiful.

Until Super brings out anything as convinient as the HTC or asspulls something as hard and more useless than SS3, I do feel inclined to say it ain't as bad. It's close though.

>Dragon Ball z has the same or more asspulls and retcons than Super
Name 5(five) asspulls Z had
name 5(five) Rectons Z had
i want a total of 10(ten) because 10 of those Z shits equal about 1 of Supers big shit

Ass pulls
1.Ultimate gohan
2.ssj3 gotenks
3.namekian fusion(piccolo and nail)
4.goten ssj1
5.cell staying perfect after self destucting

t. Supershill
You really live up to your name.

If Roshi actually dies next episode then we know the foreshadowing pre tournament is actually important, since there was a deathflag for him after he trained with Korin

Retcons
1. saiyan tails
2.Vegito being permanent fusion
3.king piccolo being a demon then getting retconed into being an alian

>1. saiyan tails
What?

So, they're not allowed to use their energy to fly, right? But, that energy-string guy can use his energy to pull someone up. What's to stop anyone else from doing the exact same thing?

vegeta said his tail was gonna grow back after z fighters cut it. Goten and trunks not being born with tails. Gohans tell not growing back after saiyan saga

>the fucking faces in the right side

People unironically watch this?

The only good retcon was Vegito not being permanent, thus not making buu's inside stomach gas erasing the fusion

That was just an Asspull as to how nullify the fusion

1. How is Ultimate Gohan an asspull? We had all this plot teases about Gohans true potential since the Sayian Saga, in the Namek Saga he got his potential partially unlocked. There is no reason why Old Kai the strongest Kai unlocking Gohans strength is bull-shit
2. In the Hyperbolic time-chamber Gotenks had a month of time to learn SS3 before facing Super Buu again. Not really an ass-pull as every SS3 transformation has been unlocked off-stage
3. Nail only gave Picccolo a small power boost, Base Piccolo was as strong as 2nd form Frieza, Nail gave him a small boost that ultimately led to him dominanting Frieza, plus if you watch Dragon Ball you should no all Namekians have the power to fuse
4. Goten and Trunks were as strong as Android 19 in there base forms, because they had a very high power level they were able to go SSJ because of how powerful there power levels were. Thats why they could transform so easily.
5. So it won't be a ROFL stomp and Krillin could rescue 18
1.Toyo actually forgot lol you win this one
2. It is permanent but being in Buus belly stopped it
3. """"""Dragon Ball Z"""""""""""

No, that made the potara useless, the dance let two warriors fuse for a short period, the potara let warrior fuse forever, now they are the same thing.

Based Toyotaro.

Asspulls:

>goku trains for 6 days in space and becomes god tier. (basically all of goku's random power boosts now that I think about it)
>namekian fusion allowing piccolo to constantly gain 1000x power boosts from nowhere
>dr. gero built robots stronger than super saiyans in an underground lab
>the entire concept of zenkai's
>entire majin buu saga

Retcons:
>goku is an alien!
>piccolo is an alien!
>the red ribbon army actually wasn't defeated and one of the scientists is still alive plotting revenge
>King Kai is god! No wait, Grand kai is. No wait there's a supreme kai! No, there's 4 supreme kais. No wait this old kai!
>saiyans no longer have tails

>Everything that wasn't planned the day the mangaka started writing the plot is an asspull!
Are you that brainlet?

Asspulls:
>Piccolo and Nail fusing
>Vegito defusing to being inside Boo
>HTC
>Mystic/Ultimate Gohan
>Gotenks Ssj3

Retcons:
>Dragon Balls can only bring you back to life one time
>Piccolo being alien and not a Demon
>Tails not growing back after reaching non said power level milestones
>Zenkai boosts stop being significant after Ssj
>Vegito defusing inside Boo again, it's a retcon of the potaras being permanent

Not the same thing, at this point Vegito defuses after a Final Kamehameha and he was suppose to last about an hour

Fusion Dance can last at best 30 minutes. The only way they can justify Gogeta lasting for some time is Fusion Dance based on actual Ki Control, which God and Blue have, while Potaras allow anyone to fuse but if too much Ki is used the potaras deplete their fusion-allowing energy

Goku mentions at the 23rd tournament that he had his tail permanently removed in a way that it would never grow back. Presumably everyone else except Vegeta had the same procedure.

kami did that and hes dead soooooooooooooo your point. goten trunks couldnt have and vegeta wouldnt have because hes a proud saiyan that actually wouldnt have removed his tail. vegeta was all about power he wouldnt have thrown away his strongest technique

still a retcon because he also mentions that his tail is his source of power and makes him stronger in battle, so why the fuck would he have it permanently removed?

1. this magical being that no one knew was trapped in a sword can magically unleash someones potential.all gohan did was talk there was know mental or physical training during the ritual.
2. he had a month to learn not 1 but 2 transformations. and fusion doesnt last long so if they fused every day they wouldnt even have a full 30 min to train as gotenks since its shorter the stronger the transformation is
3.dragon ball never states that all namekians cant fuse. its just that most dont know they can. plus why wouldnt nail fuse with the other namekians to maybe protect all the children from being slaughtered
4.doesnt matter how strong you are in Z they always needed rage to use super saiyan. Goten and trunks is an ass pull because they break the lore of Z
5. still doesnt make it not an asspull

stop it stop it

when someone uses you 3rd fav meme from that episode

Cell surviving Goku's Instant Transmission Kamehameha.
Toriyama himself said he forgot the fact that if you destroy Cell's brain, he shouldn't be able to regenerate.

Why the fuck do people think issues in Z justify issues in Super? It changes nothing.

And then the potara didn't even last an hour, so it's the same as the fusion dance with different clothes.

Toriyama is a hack; this is well-known. Why are you comparing which series of his has more asspulls? He's a hack so they both have asspulls. Nothing surprising here.

>there was a death flag with him since he trained with korin

what?

youtube.com/watch?v=jfHBrhMM5bk
you missed the point entirely with zeon's video. The point was not that Z had better animation. He was trying to explain and expand upon why he had issued with the animation. He used a clip of recoome vs vegeta because that fight had elements that Super often lacks.

none of what was mentioned in here are asspulls, just short term memory loss on the senpai side of the anime. toriyama is a foreshadow genius

I mentioned nothing. All I said was that Toriyama's series are bound to have asspulls because he is a hack. You talking to some other user

Super babies need to feel better about eating shit.

Because it's hypocrisy in action to treat Z like a masterpiece and denigrate Super.

>>Vados's derp face.

Not many will say Z is a masterpiece. people complain all the time about how long it is or how it takes 5 episodes to transform and such,
Also, were you aware it is possible to point out flaws in Super while NOT thinking Z is a masterpiece?

3 of those retcons are not even an issue though.
Retcons are usually there for the sake of a plot shift, or to account for inconsistencies.
Dragon Balls only bringing you back to life once was entirely true when it was stated. Then the Namekian Dragon Balls lacked that limit. Later, the Earth Dragon Balls could have gotten that restriction limited when the new ones were created. That's something that could only be done while they're being created, so before that there never was a chance. (possibly when Piccolo killed Shenlong, but that may have been different?) If you want a retcon from the Dragon Balls that is stupid, go with how it was established that you'd only get two wishes if multiple people could be wished back with a single wish, and with no explanation (at least in the manga. Dunno if the anime explained this somehow, but who cares, not the original work), they were back to three wishes in the Boo saga.
Piccolo was branded as a demon for unspecified reasons. He, nor even Kami knew that they were aliens. It's simply new information.
The potaras being permanent wasn't retconned. Under normal circumstances, they are. It was presumed it was because of Boo's insides somehow undoing it. And if we go with Super, it was that they're only permanent with the Kaiooshins. Again, they've never really tried it out outside of cases where at least one of them was involved. They simply didn't know.

None of these contradict previous information. They're simply supplementing it with new information.

>Nostalgia Z fans still not getting it
DBZ asspulls are just that. asspulls. Yet the same people who criticize Super will jump in front of a train to defend DBZ from criticism.

>Dragon Ball retcon wasn't an issue
It cheapened death completely, what are you talking about?

Can we just agree that if you like Super or Z, then to an extent you like to eat up low quality stuff

her derp face isn't THAT bad

I always attributed Vegetto defusing due to Buus magical body having an adverse effect on it.

when are some U7/U6 champions finally going to be eliminated? hopefully master roshi next episode

it does unironically have better animation than Toei...that's pretty...sad.

Champa is so CUTE

Vegito defusing in Z was an asspull. So was fusion itself.

>If you call Super shit that means you're a nostalgic DBZ fanboy
Fuck off.

why did previous thread got deleted?
whats up with the dbs witch hunt lately on Sup Forums?
are we the new naruto?

Mods are deleting Super and Boruto threads now. Say goodbye to 90% of Sup Forums

>Nostalgic DBZ fanboy rages because of the truth
What else is new.

Good

I say Super has flaws = I'm a Z fanboy
Why? How?

mods are retarded they delete dbs threads an ongoing anime but let a circlejerk like bleach thread live? the series has been over for some time now ffs

>Goodbye 90% of Sup Forums
97% of Sup Forums is garbage, so who cares. It almost makes a dent in the issues of the board.

They are killing every Boruto and Dbs threads that has life in it thanks to the new rule

Mods here's another general

Hotpockets are stupid and couldn't predict that banning generals would shit up the entire board.

I don't mind asspulls, but at least the ones in Z have explanation behind them. It's also why I prefer the Super manga over the anime.

>deleting boruto threads
but you're wrong faggot only dbshit gets deleted
the whole quality maintenance was because of you fuckers

>When fanmade animation is better than Toei
youtube.com/watch?v=TaBXf5O-cOU

>Gohan jobbing still
Can we ever protect his smile l/a/ds?

>gohan isn't fighting el grande padre

Sup Forums thinks that any new concept introduced is an asspull.

I love these posts.

>omni super saiyan
>That design
Holy shit what is this trash

>2 months time vs 1 week time

>spirit sword
>not asspull
chose one and only one miguel

>dedicates entire general threads to "M-muh Caulifla" vs "Chadhan" and bumping disscusions out with constant chaining when new episodes come out. Superfags have no right to blame us Borutofags.

Manga and anime are both shit.
>At least the ones in Z have an explanation
Oh, yeah. The reason death means nothing now is because blah blah blah. We defused inside of Buu because of bad air. Cell should have died after Goku's Kamehameha and he shouldn't have come back after SELF-DESTRUCTING. The androids are stronger than Frieza for what? Because of plot. But if I got to the Super manga, I could say O MY HAKAI or O MY HEALING. You're just replacing bullshit with horseshit if you enjoy the manga over the anime.

Super Saiyan Rage and the Spirit Bomb Sword weren't concepts. They appeared suddenly and never get mentioned after the fact. There is real reason to get mad over how retarded those were.

Mod = Zeno
Threads = Zamasu

>but at least the ones in Z have explanation
Objectively wrong

mods are not very bright aren't they?

Reminder that MSSB is a retarded name (it's "Completed SSB", not "mastered") and it's not a power boost from regular SSB, it's just the explosive power that a SSB can use at the start but being permanent instead temporal.

cooldown-SSB

>The reason death means nothing now is because blah blah blah. We defused inside of Buu because of bad air. Cell should have died after Goku's Kamehameha and he shouldn't have come back after SELF-DESTRUCTING. The androids are stronger than Frieza for what? Because of plot.
Yes. You can say those are asspulls, but the fact a reason is given AT ALL is still far better than things happening for no reason and never being brought up. Which the manga also avoids in regards to both the Hakai and healing powers. If you prefer your asspulls with no explanation and don't see a difference between the two, go read some Mary Sue fanfiction you spic.

retard

>to the user who said female on roids had firm pussy
the pic you linked was tiny as fuck and unrecognisable.
kale is a lot bigger than the chick you showed
give me a tight pussy of a girl that looks likr this and you won

>10 guys vs thousands of professional animators
Really joggins the noggin

And even then, it's like some middleground of kaioken and SSJ3 for stamina.

>5.cell staying perfect after self destucting

Why was this?

What asspulls in Z never got an explanation?

Mastered Super Saiyan Blue
Mastered SSB
Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
Mastered SSJB
Mastered SSGSS

Z has problems.
That changes nothing.Am I supposed to go "oh now super's issues are excused because of Z"?

>writing out long reply
>thread deleted

i guess its time for a nap

>>When fanmade animation is better than Toei
I didn't know Toei was better than Toei

Why the fuck do bodybuilders have to tan and bronze so much? She might not even look too bad if she didn't look like burnt leather. Christ.

cute

Yeah, of course a Z babby and mangaloid gets pissed when his narrative gets shit on and cries spic. Typical. ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME IS MEXICAN. See how ridiculous you are?

for better definition
also best girl

Darker skin makes the muscles pop more visually.

> Finished a long counter-argument with researched evidence and facts
>Thread deleted
Im genuinely mad right now

dont think about it
just have fun haha

Reminder Buyon is Beautiful

Anyone can be better than Toei tracing Toei's work

the cell that survived had DNA of the Perfect Cell form so when he regenerated he used the Perfect Cell DNA as a base.

>How the fuck did Vegeta get SSJ2
>Why are the androids stronger then Frieza
>Why did Vegito defuse inside of Buu
>Why does a ki shield stop absorption
>How the fuck do you just cream your way out of a dimension
And thats only the ones I bothered to remember.