Did an anime ever surpass the manga?

Did an anime ever surpass the manga?

Many times. Watch more anime and read more manga.

how much money did you waste so far?

I'd say HxH but there is still no perfect version. The new version omitted some stuff that was cool, like Kite in the beginning and some small jokes (hisoka playing cards with gittarackur) and rushed over arcs that were already done in 1999.

That looks like a nip collection. A weeb collection would have English releases scattered throughout.

Since there is so much more manga then anime, the statistics will likely proof that there is a chance for a manga shittier tahn its adaptation to exist.

Yes.

yes, usagi drop

pic related

off the top of my head... Akira?

>guts the entire story
>surpass

silly user guts isn't how you spell improves

Haha fuck no.
It only covers about 35% of the story.
Akira is good as a stand alone thing. But it doesn't even compare to the manga.
Akira himself doesn't even fucking make an appearance.

Like what

Code Geass

Bold but true opinion

>FMA Brotherhood
>Death Note
>Mob Psycho 100
>One-punch Man
>Mushishi
>Shiki
There's probably more, but these are off the top of my head.

Really any KyoAni adaptation.
Making 7+/10 anime out of 4/10 source material is their bread and butter.

Thinly-veiled rec thread

>FMA Brotherhood
Loses points for botching the early part of the story. It's great once it catches up to where the 2003 series trailed off, but those first 12 or so episodes are rough as hell.

The difference is honestly negligible and I don't see why people get their panties in such a twist over a minor detail like that. After just few episodes it more than makes up for it.

Unpopular opinion but i'm on your side. Both had theirstrong points but when i compare them the movie seems to cut everything i didn't like that much in the manga (and a bit more).
Akira showed up at the end of the movie. It doesn't make him more relevant if he just hangs out in the background without any lines though. He didn't feel very important after a while, so i prefer his movie version

Noragami
Haikyuu!!
Shigeki no Kyojin
Monster
Hellsing Ultimate

k-on + other kyoani shit

Planetes