Bump stocks

Should bump stocks be banned Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_overruled_United_States_Supreme_Court_decisions
m.youtube.com/watch?v=T5M0cKuMuAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah the handle is the deadliest part

>Should bump stocks be banned Sup Forums?
No. Doing so is an infringement on our constitutionally protected rights.

Yes, mostly because their sole purpose is to attempt to bypass federal gun laws. It also allows Trump and Reps to throw a bone at Dems in the gun control debate. Not to mention that it isn't even protected under the 2nd amendment. No idea why idiots are getting assblasted over this.

You can make one with home hardware supplies for under 50 bucks, so sure why not. Liberals just love banning things

I've never actually seen one at any range I've been to. I didn't even know they existed until the vegas shooting. Looks like a noise maker. Although the 2nd isn't about sport and hunting. So I can't say they should be banned.

We need to ban the idiots hijacking every shooting to promote their "gun control" agenda so we can actually address real solutions.

they make accurate fire more difficult and result in a lot of wasted time on mag changes
they are seriously only for shooting piles of watermelons and soda 2 liters
a ban isnt going to make anyone safer outside of very specific types of attacks

>Americans can't have bumpy-wumpies for their bangy-wangs

help a german out burger
whenever they are talking about bump stocks do they only mean stocks that actually compensate the recoil or everything, including fixed and "foldable" stocks?

Bin that knife

They don't work for very long, you can't clean them once the get dirt and dust in the action .
Honestly, they aren't going to be that useful on the battlefield

No. It's a free floating stock that allows the weapon to reciprocate against your finger to increase the fire rate.

No, just bump stocks that enable semi-auto bump-firing

They're not a practical item, they're a novelty.

Never give them a inch, I thought we learned this after the "assault weapons" ban.

if you guys had bumpstocks, or even anything more deadly than a butter knife, you wouldn't be getting raped and pillaged.
but i guess thats in your blood.

I understand the mindset that it will just lead to more bans, but I do not really care

Summed it up better than I was going to:

and by enable I mean facilitate

1postbythisid leafposting should be banned

The main thing is not the bump stock itself but redefining what constitutes an automatic weapon based solely on increased rate of fire to become nearly that of an automatic weapon. This could later be used by opportunists to outlaw trigger mods and other things.

I guess you believe we should start banning arm braces too.

Almost every gun can be bumpfired anyway, guess we should regulate our fingers because we might shoot too fast for the ATF to like.

>attempt to bypass federal gun laws.
*unconstitutional federal gun laws

My mom said she agrees with bump stock ban. I asked her what it was and she thinks they are "the big stocks with lots of ammo".

>being this hostile against light banter
Amazing

that is a good point

>slovenia
i dont even know where that is lmao

>banning a technique

This ban is the fullest of retards. I've never used a bump stock, but I will use a rubber band now at the range in protest.

No way in hell! You give 'em an inch (((They'll))) take a mile!

theyre a $100 piece of plastic. you can replicate them with $30 in parts, a rubber band, a stick, your thumb and belt loop or your fingers. its meaningless to get rid of them and it is a largely meaningless item that no one really gives a shit about otherwise.

the big problem is that you can interpret any items that change up the fire rate as illegal. this means custom triggers or even just polishing up your current trigger which can give you a fraction of a second help can potentially be illegal. this is the start of going down a bad place.

Bumpstops are trash and highly inaccurate compared to a real automatic. The entire gun needs to move back and forth in order to bounce off of your trigger finger. Watch any bumpstop youtube video and you can see why they are trash.

The media doesn't report that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Fuck your garbage bumpstops. Long live the lightning link!

So yeah, fuck bump stocks, but fuck trump for not making a pitch to congress for outlawing bump stocks while deregulating suppressors or some other tradeoff.

>wait until she is taking a shower
>sneak in
>take pictures
>post pictures on Sup Forums
>show her the post
>tell her thats what she gets for being a gun grabbing liberal whore

Shut up, nerd. Based Slovenia is an ally to the 2A.

>Yes, mostly because their sole purpose is to attempt to bypass federal gun laws.
Which were unconstitutional to begin with.

>It also allows Trump and Reps to throw a bone at Dems in the gun control debate.
Never give gungrabbers an inch.

>Not to mention that it isn't even protected under the 2nd amendment.
Our rights are protected by the second amendment, not granted by it.

>No idea why idiots are getting assblasted over this.
Because it's gun control you stupid faggot.

Why are you fine with giving up your rights?

nothing should be banned, besides faggotry and suffrage

It's such a moot point, bump stocks greatly reduce accuracy and rinse through your mag in seconds. the only time you could cause more damage with a bump stock is if you were standing in the middle of a concert audience and just done a 360 while holding the trigger. In real practical situations, such as a school shooting, a good rifleman can cause much more devastation with a semi auto and good aim. You can also bumpfire without a bump stock, again greatly reducing aim but easily doable with a bit of practice.

So much missinfo on this side of the pond with reporters literally saying stuff like "bump stocks turn a semi automatic rifle into a fully automatic.

Ban niggers before you ban bump stocks I say.

Absolutely not
Legalize automatics, get rid of import bans, get rid of the NFA

No since you can bumpfire that gun with just your hands

www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/recordings-reveal-fbi-gave-man-rifle-urged-carry-mass-shooting-defend-islam/ no but the FBI should be abolished after you read link related and copy and paste and share the link i have provided. www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/recordings-reveal-fbi-gave-man-rifle-urged-carry-mass-shooting-defend-islam/ Citizen's of the human hive. As you see your FBI has been lying to you. Your FBI entraps mentally ill fall guys and even allows and encourages mass killing. You can stop your witch hunt against guns and games because we all know the real cause of all the mass shootings, violence, and terrorism now. And as you can see i can fire off on the internet and strike with my red pills at will. And the mass shootings and terrorism will not stop unless you snipe and assassinate and ambush and execute every FBI agent. Resist the FBI terrorists with violence. Do not trust A THING the news tells you about the FBI.

BAN BELT LOOPS!

No. But I don’t care if they are banned. They have no practical use unless you feel like wasting ammo.

Not how it works. Compromise is needed in some things, and especially in cases such as this. This whole "never give an inch" implies that we can't control what we give up, that somehow giving up bump stocks is going to lead to more gun laws.

If bump stocks did not do a good job at what they advertised, people wouldn't buy them. Your mental gymnastics are a sight to behold.

False. The courts have already decided that the government is allowed to reasonably regulate even things like constitutional rights. Try again.

False. The courts already decided that the government is allowed to regulate constitutional rights.
They take what we give them. Banning bump stocks has absolutely nothing to do with the second amendment.
There is no such thing as a right to a bump stock. The second amendment does not apply there.
Bump stocks =/= guns. Not even close.
Try again.

Good thing i give 2 shits about federal laws

so its more about the trigger/rate of fire than the stock/stability
i suppose these kids have enough target practice to concentrate their fire instead of spray and pray from afar

Our rights are already infringed, we shouldn't need a bumpfire stock. We should have full auto weapons.

Or defending a static position with a tripod and a drum mag.
Could use it for suppressing fire somewhat effectively.
Ya really only useful for a war scenario, BUT THATS NOT THE POINT NIGGER.

>False. The courts have already decided that the government is allowed to reasonably regulate even things like constitutional rights. Try again.
muh supreme court precedent

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_overruled_United_States_Supreme_Court_decisions

Here's my opinion

>False. The courts already decided that the government is allowed to regulate constitutional rights.
Our rights are protected by the constitution, not granted by it.

>They take what we give them.
Our firearm rights are not subject to what the gungrabbing courts say.

>Banning bump stocks has absolutely nothing to do with the second amendment.
Except its a violation of our right to keep and bear arms.

>There is no such thing as a right to a bump stock
It's a firearm accessory therefore its protected by the second amendment.

> The second amendment does not apply there.
Again, our rights are not granted by the second amendment.

>Our rights are already infringed, we shouldn't need a bumpfire stock. We should have full auto weapons.
I absolutely agree. Which is why I'm not willing to give them bump stocks.

Only weapons of mass destruction should be banned from civilian use.

Not in exchange for nothing like it seems like Mr. Art of the Deal is doing.

The bump ban and the school shooting are unrelated; that kid used a fixed stock allegedly. But yes, the bump stock isn't stable and screws up accuracy at the expense of increased fire rates. It's shitty, but without drafting a new law by way of congress that specifically bans bump stocks, regulating rates of fire will be a disaster for more reliable methods like trigger mods and such.

>Only weapons of mass destruction should be banned from civilian use.
But not the government who actually has used them...

Odd how that works...

Since when were bump stocks guns? I fail to see how they are protected by the 2nd amendment whatsoever

they are parts of a firearm
also since when are bump stocks commerce between the states?

>Since when were bump stocks guns? I
As I said, it's a firearm accessory.
Banning them infringes upon our right to keep (aka use and maintain as we desire) our firearms.

>I fail to see how they are protected by the 2nd amendment whatsoever
Should ammunition be banned? It's not a firearm after all.

Implying we should disarm and leave ourselfs at the mercy of the brown hordes is not banter it is subversion.

this my man

Can you please show us where the 2nd amendment says the word "gun" or "guns"?

Only faggots use bump stocks. Serious shooters have no use for them. However with that said, Trump should not have given them away for nothing, he could have likely traded them for something useful.

Slippery slope is real, it was real for fag marriage, it is real for the 2nd Amendment. Can never give an inch to insane libs, it's only widening the door to let them in down the road.

no

> ban bump stocks
> put thumb through trigger guard and belt loop
> grab front of gun and push forwards
BAN BELT LOOPS

Sorry but could you show us where the 2nd amendment says the words "bump stocks"?

Interesting. Could they ban scopes if they wanted to?

BUMP FIRE IS A SHOOTING TECHNIQUE.

NOT A DEVICE.

I CAN BUMP FIRE ANY STOCK RIFLE JUST BY PUTTING MY THUMB THROUGH MY BELTLOOP.

Arms, they are weapons.

>Serious shooters
What is that?

Bump stock isn't a weapon, unless you beat someone to death with it

>banning bumpstocks is ok because they're not guns
Therefor:
>banning pistol grips is ok because they're not guns
>banning stocks is ok because they're not guns
>banning handguards is ok because they're not guns
>banning ammunition is ok because they're not guns
It might set a precedent.

where does the first amendment say internet?
Also where in the constitution does it say the feds can ban bump stocks?

How does banning a bumpfire stock stop me from killing someone by using a gun?

>Sorry but could you show us where the 2nd amendment says the words "bump stocks"?
That's the same faggot argument that gungrabbers use to call for the ban of semi-auto rifles because the second amendment doesn't list them by name.

The second amendment is about why firearms and their accessories are to remain legal, not about what firearms are to remain legal.

Why are you so willing to give up your rights to the government?

>mfw mom won't even answer questions anymore without research because she knows she'll get btfo for spouting dumb shit

>leaf
opinion discarded
>in all fields

Actually Brits have access to full automatics, you just need to be 18 to buy one.

Where does it say they can't? What is your point here?

You're asking "why ban automatic weapons when semi-automatic weapons kill too."

>Where does it say they can't? What is your point here?
The Constitution protects rights we inherently have.
The Constitution does not limit rights.
The Constitution does not grant rights.

Why is that so hard to understand?

probably improves the odds honestly

stupid invention in the first place

It's almost as if automatic fire was designed for shooting into crowds and not pint point accuracy situations.

the 9th and 10th amendments
go back to shill school

TRUMP LISTENING SESSION

>Banning bump stocks has absolutely nothing to do with the second amendment.

Bullshit.

what about banning barrels longer than 1" ? what about banning sights? what about banning stocks and magazines that hold more than 1 bullet?

You could have a 1 inch barrel that holds 1 round and it would still be classed as a firearm. I guess that would tick your 'second amendment right' box correct?

Are you really under the assumption the courts have the right to regulate guns down to something shittier than a 13th century musket

Guns are generally meant for self defense, and anything that's too powerful is literally "overkill" which appropriately describes what a mass shooting is.

instead of banning bumpstocks or AR or anything specific, every gun should be evaluated for it's lethal effectiveness. A specific number for every gun, ammo, and add-on combination which specifies who many people said gun could shoot and how lethal those shots are. Then you ban any gun above that threshold.

What about addons like bump stocks that increase a guns lethal effectiveness?
You could either ban the addons all together, or ban any gun that is capable of being modified in a way that increases it's lethal effectiveness.

Why are you joking? Do you not understand that your country has been taken from you over the course of ten years? I mean, it's already done. Britain or England or whatever the fuck you call yourselves now is gone. West Pakistan is a more accurate name.

Is there a way to convert semi automatic ar15 to fully automatic. In canada you are allowed to own a semi auto ar15 with 5 rounds in a mag. Gay

>certain rights = all rights

take your own advice faggot

>instead of banning bumpstocks or AR or anything specific, every gun should be evaluated for it's lethal effectiveness

Good luck getting that through congress.

Hope all you "Trump is gonna save us hurr durr" faggots realize by now voting will gain us nothing. The system is irrevocably broken. Modern "conservatives" conserve nothing, not even the status quo. They only slowly retreat on every issue that actually matters.

You may be edgy but you're a shit of a son

again where in the constitution does it give the feds the authority to ban bumpstocks
do you even know what made up power they normally use?
didnt thye teach you any of this at shill school?

>a ban isnt going to make anyone safer outside of very specific types of attacks
Ya.. the ones where people shoot into crowds.

We should be fighting to have the NFA and every other bullshit piece of legislation and federal ruling thrown to the curb.

Then we wouldn't have to waste our times with shit like bump stocks.

At least we have mergers for length. Enjoy muh feet muh inches muh burger units

All you have to do is hold onto the magazine really tight so the gun bounces back into position, hold your trigger finger stiff so it pulls the trugger when the gun bounces back and the gun shoots automatically.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=T5M0cKuMuAw

This can be done with pistols too. If you have an extended mag.

Parents shouldn't lie to their children, or feed them bullshit.