This is one of the most underrated anime of all time

This is one of the most underrated anime of all time.
>deceivingly simplistic and comedic
>excellent dub
>inb4 "hue hue, dubs"
Dubs are comfie. Studios cared to make decent dubs before you autists deemed it "normie shit". Thanks, for ruining anime.

>Sup Forums is so stuffed with newfags they can't even discuss Nadesico
How has it come to this

Nadesico is a pre-Xebec-prime show which means its underappreciated (like all Xebec shows) but also incredibly ugly. That certainly doesnt increase its appeal. The fact that its a genre mesh sure as hell doesnt, either. The show actually was really popular in Japan, people simply dont watch it anymore because it was badly animation and visually subpar overall even for its time. Id glady take a remake of this with better visuals and some of the shitty tropes cut because while it has its moments, its not nearly funny and well written enough to make up for its shortcomings. Its ones of the best mecha shows, though. Certainly better than the vast majority of the Gundam entrats.

>most underrated
It was literally one of the most popular franchises in Japan

>dubs
>normie
Fuck off and kill yourself.

What the fuck happened to this board. It wasn't always this bad, was it?

Sweet, a thread about a fantastic older show that doesn't get talked about very oft-

>excellent dub
>Dubs are comfie.
>Studios cared to make decent dubs before you autists deemed it "normie shit".

Nevermind, it's just OP being a faggot as usual. And here I though we might be starting a fun thread.

Also, >also incredibly ugly.
Yeah, no. I mean, it's nothing super duper amazing, but visually it's just fine at worst, above average at best.
And that genre mashing is half the point of the show, and part of what makes it great. If I were to ever willingly use the horribly misunderstood and abused term 'deconstruction', Nadesico is hands down the one series that immediately jumps to mind.

>is unaware of the kengakan flare
Sup Forums is truly overrun by newfags

Nadesico is fucking great, OP's just a massive faggot

>but visually it's just fine at worst, above average at best
Dunno, I hail Xebec as the saviour of the industry and the best studio in existence I seriously think it is and not even I am able to sugarcoat the atrocious artdesign used in Nadesico and to some extend Outlaw Star. Its not even 90s style, its just straight up ugly. Extensive amount of detail is utterly lacking as well.

Nice samefag post. At least change your IP.

Nadesico is a fucking great show. This is widely known.

>you autists deemed it "normie shit".

We don't dub anything "normie". You have failed to fit in.

10/10 OP
6/10 show

Then how come its games and movies flopped and the actual ending to the series was canceled?

because they were shit unlike the TV anime

This nigger gets it

I watched the first few episodes years ago, found them pretty funny, but after finding out it has a serious storyline and a cliff hanger ending that will never be resolved, I decided to just drop it.

That's an issue with art and/or character design, not animation quality.
But even then I'd say Nadesico's character design was fine. Again, not the greatest ever, and it took a little getting used to yeah, but it worked great overall. Nowhere near something like, say, Saber Marionette.
And the whole style just screams late 90s/early 00s to me.

>at least change your ip
What am I supposed to be hiding? Am I on reddit, no?

I believe there was also some studio/staff drama after the show ended, don't remember the details though. I know the director made reference to it when talking about how Stellvia's future was in a similar situation.

Well, you quoted me saying that its incredibly ugly. That bit was referring to the art direction. However, the animation really wasnt anything noteworthy, either. I could probably deal with calling it mediocre, but the art direction simply was subpar I feel. Even if there was shit that was worse, thats just natural otherwise Nadesico wouldnt just look bad, it would look irredeemably bad. Outlaw Star did a better job in that regard, at least in my opinion. This becomes particularly clear when seeing the remastered BDs.

>This is one of the most underrated anime of all time.

agreed.

but once a certain cool char dies in a shitty way its no longer worth watching.

>serious storyline
the story is both comedy and serious. It works really nicely as a parody of mecha anime
>cliff hanger ending that will never be resolved
the ending is pretty conclusive

>This is one of the most underrated anime of all time.

>Nadesico
>Underrated

Surely being touted in every single mecha recommendation chart and list, alongside a good number of SRW appearances for well over 2 decades is what you'd call being "underrated".