Live action Death Note

So, apparently Netflix has just decided to make a live action Death Note series. What are your thoughts on this matter, Sup Forums?

Trailer Link:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhTeABP0rg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pu-KnaPq_ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's just a movie.
It's already out.
Critics are tearing it apart.

They'll never beat the Japanese live action Death Note. Western countries should stop adapting anime into movies in my opinion

Criminal lives matter

The reviews are already out. Apparently it's terrible and some people tried to accuse it of white washing even though it had a token black guy.

Regardless, it looks like they ditched all the themes and atmosphere that made death note great (strategic story telling) for easy action and edgy scenes.

Shit is trash and you will have fags that will try to defend this shit too. Some tried with dbevolution.

The only us live action adaptation that would even make sense is Black Lagoon.

And Revy is Chinese American and only speaks english plus the cast is actually diverse so there would no reason to force in in. And Rock needs to be Japanese it's part of his character.

I'll catch you... Kira.

>First Fullmetal Alchemist
>Then One Piece
>And now this
JUST

I don't really understand the inside of the film industry, but there must some decent reason it keeps happening. I mean, it's like none of them saw this coming. They probably did, but went with this anyway.

is he lecturing the koran ?

There's not a single good live action anime, Japanese made or Stateside

NOT ONE. STOP FUCKING MAKING THEM.

Am I missing something? This was announced a long time before the others you're mentioning.

Honest question, but how much "diversity" will be in this movie and social commentary that only leftist would care about such as the fake news of Climate Change?

Japan should also stop turning anime into live action.

>how much "diversity" will be in this movie
L is black

The Phoenix Wright Live action movie is actually great

please fucking tell me this is from the movie
holy shit is L really black?

i need to go to a friends house with netflix and watch this shit asap

i need to find a friend first

Like Morgan Freeman black or Star Wars the Force Awakens MC black?

only thing I hate is that they make Light look like a Rawr XD emo when in the manga he was a regular school student.

>Light is a fucking Idiot
>L is black. I wouldn't even say that he needs to be white, but the dude playing him just looks way too... healthy for him. So, fucking Bullshit on that.
>Its in America.
See. My Problem is, that they seem to want to tell the American Version of Death Note. Which actually would be interesting. In my Opinion they should simple done that, a new death note, a new shinigami and other characters, and doing there own thing with it.

Before anyone makes the asinine reply about 'yellow washing', I'm going to say this: There's no shortage of Asian/Black/Hispanic/etc actors in America, while the same can't be said about White actors in Japan! White actors who can act well in Japanese in contrast to Asians who can act in English also being a point.

>It's already out
Where?

This is the only anime I'd want a hollywood adaptation of.

1. The people who have already seen Death Note, both the series and Japanese live action film(s) aren't interested in seeing this awful American remake
2. The Americans who have never seen Death Note, neither the series or Japanese live action film(s) wouldn't be able to get anything from the story because of it's truncated nature

The only way to make it appealing to Western audiences who don't know Death Note would be to change fundamental things about the story for the sake of brevity. This will invariably make it shitty for everyone watching it.

That being said I'm looking forward to watching it just because I already know it's going to be dumpster juice.

JUST

>in the manga he was a regular school student.
Was he? Wasn't he super handsome, intelligent, athletic, etc.?

How often does Hollywood need to fall on their face to realize that anime live action doesn't work?
What's next a HxH live action movie? Fate Hollywood?

>phoenix wright
>anime

>anime

this just looks like some edgy american teens trying to cosplay death note in their free time

Nowhere. It's not out.

4 more days.

>anime live action doesn't work?
It can work. Just must be done right. But that's too much hard work for Hollywood.

It can only work for certain anime/manga.
For example a DB or OP live action adaption would pretty much always be a failure.
Then you have GiTS and DN, both can theoretically be adapted into live action but failed miserably.
The biggest issue are the differences in directing between the 2 mediums.

Sup Forums here

Studio people are legit crackpots who try to streamline every idea in order to market it to the widest possible audience and theoretically make the most money possible

they do this despite the fact that in general the widest possible audience usually are stingy little shits who either torrent or are stupidly selective about what they spend their money on

they also do this despite the fact that if they do something in favor of an established audience they are guaranteed to make bank, because they are greedy fucks and gamble on making more bank

but the fucking biggest issue is fucking test audiences, they believe test audiences are the be all end all test, and if about 20 people think its a good movie then there is no reason why the movie shouldn't make a billion dollars

Ruroni Kenshin movies were great

People like the Rurouni Kenshin adaption
Personally I like Uchuu Kyoudai and the GTO drama series for max comfiness

Stop shilling this disaster, you faggot.

show me a better cast

> it looks like they ditched all the themes and atmosphere that made death note great (strategic story telling) for easy action and edgy scenes.
>for easy action and edgy scenes

So Tokyo Ghoul best live action movie then

I want a hollywood adaptation with Christian Bale as Amon

pretty sure people have already gone over this, I think the general accepted casting for Light was Zac Effron.

HOLY SHIT
NOW EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE
L LAWLIET
LIKE SAMUEL L JACKSON
THE RETARDED JAPS THOUGHT "L" WAS A FUCKING NAME

where have you been in last fucking year?

still is awful, not that that was ever in fucking question

Watch Death Note movie 2016, that at least is less retarded than making fucking L going in public himself and Ryuk being a psycho

Kenshin was pretty good, Uzumaki was nice, I also liked Akagi series and somebody said in a similar thread Kaiji movies are decent

>this ''acting''

youtube.com/watch?v=Pu-KnaPq_ao

The first Kaiji movie is legitimately good, arguably better than the Japanese live action Death Note movies, can't speak for the second one as I haven't seen it.

I'm actually somewhat interested in the Hollywood One Piece series
Sure it's probably gonna be terrible but I'm just curious how they're even going to go about it
Will they keep all the dumb shonen shit? Will they try to make it really serious?
Will they get actors that are massive for the Xbox hueg characters like Morgans?
Will they even give Luffy rubber powers or Zoro three swords?

Dafoe is the only good actor in the movie, coincidentally he is the only good casting choice too. It will be trash but I might watch the bits with dafoe as ruyuk and some of the more "meme worthy" scenes with black L when they get posted somewhere.

>L, why the fuck are you sitting like that?

i'm using a "smart" tv app it says august 25th

if i try to search for it and choose it from that list it shows the title/rating/runtime and splash screen but no text

how are people watching it? is it actually out or just the reviews?

>Fate
Fate is one of those things that would actually work. Just make it a stand-alone HGW and pick heroes Americans are familiar with and would like, like Cleopatra and stuff like that.

>Zoro three swords
This shit already looks goofy in anime/manga, I can't even start to begin thinking about it in live action.

they could have made Turner Light *vomits* an american student that takes advantage of kira's popularity on social media to start a cult and get the members to commit murders for him until ultimately meeting yagami raito and getting his name put in the death note

just make a good movie in the death note universe about other shit that happened in the world while kira was active

they were going to make this retarded edgy movie regardless, they could have at least made an edgy plot instead of rehashing the original story and trimming all the good parts

will hollywood ever learn how to adapt anime?

When will Netflix adapt in live action the true kami anime?

>Fate Hollywood?
Why the fuck not?
Just make an original story based on the concept instead of adapting the existing stories.

Sure. Maybe it will end up killing the copypasta for real this time.

Watch it be good.

I don't have Degenerateflix so I'll find a torrent to hatewatch. I hope it's The Last Airbender levels of terrible so they never pull this shit again.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Well, you can't spell black without L.

The Crying Freeman movie is pretty decent.

Edge of Tomorrow was good, even if it was only barely like the source material.

Ore Monogatari
Great Teacher Onizuka
Cromartie High School
Gintama

(I forgot a few)
And Like other people said
Rurouni Kenshin both movies
Daily Lives of High School Boys
I am a Hero
Kaiji (both movies)
Hentai Kamen (both movies with the first that got an award for best action)
Sagikage!! Otokojuku
And I won't include Oldboy

Just because it's from things you don't watch don't assume that there aren't good adaptations.

The most popular ones that people hype tend to flop and people like you assume that every single one is terrible.

the point is he wasn't a fucking emo kid

If they made L like Jules, I would watch it.

All of that shit and I laughed at Chris Tucker.

But Netflix has all kinds of awesome animes you can watch on it. Like Kill la Kill and Bleach.

>>Fate Hollywood?
>Why the fuck not?
>Just make an original story based on the concept instead of adapting the existing stories.

And more girls

It could not be worse than the jap live version

too few so far

>The only us live action adaptation that would even make sense is Black Lagoon.

Gunsmith Cats could also work but good luck making that in the current media environment

Had the same discussion with a friend. They could have easily made it a sequel to the Japanese Live Action movies about a Death Note being dropped into America after the events of the movie jap movies. Hell could even have had Ryuk as it is shown he doesn't go back to the shinigami realm at the end, could have him drop the notebook in America to see how much fun he could have there.

>first the castlevania anime
>now this

Why is everything anime related that netflix touches is always shit.

>reviews shitting all over it and all agreeing that Dafoe as Ryuk was the only good thing about it

This is beautiful.

>two cases in the entire movie
Yeah nah

Will they have the balls to have Luffy fatshame and hit Alvida?

Okitegami Kyoko doesn't have an anime, but it's pretty comfy.

How does it end? Does L die?

Kuragehime was charming.

Pretty much anything with a clear western influence could, in theory, work as a Hollywood movie. It's just unfortunate that Hollywood execs are fucking stupid.

it ends with room for Sequels apparently, so I assume L doesn't die. Sounds like total garbage from people who have seen it though so I doubt there will be any sequels.

What's wrong with Castlevania? Haven't seen it yet, but heard it was good.

Don't forget, Assassination Classroom has 2 also

Should have made L a obese manchild who keeps stuffing his mouth with junk food.

>Light
>not Zac Efron
They blew it

>live action anime adaption
It's shit OP

>pick heroes Americans are familiar with
So literally no one besides Hitler and American generals?

There was a King Arthur movie recently.

Ironically enough, Efron would have been a way better pick since he's always cast as a popular teen.

Part of Lights dynamic is that he's a model student. He has perfect grades, and he was raised by a cop. Nobody would suspect him of being a serial killer, not even his own family.

The Light in the netflix movie just looks like an edgelord, along with Misa.

It had to be intentional casting Light as a school-shooter loser type of person. Normalfags can't imagine other normalfags actually being sociopaths.

>servant hitler activates his EX-rank noble phantam "The Holocaust Never Happened but I Wish it Did"
>all the jews in America burn as if in ovens
>world peace achieved, no need for a grail

I'm surprised that we don't see more people shitting on it for trying to make a school shooter type character sympathetic. It's so fucking out of touch I can't believe it.

It flopped hard

>not liking the Hentai Kamen movie
pleb

>Hollywood grinds to a stop, an era of small indie productions begins
>big banks collapse and are replaced by manageable, local institutions
>mainstream news networks lose most of their anchors, editorial staff and directors
>BLM and Antifa riots instantly stop as they lose their funding

huh