Is it racist to eat other culture food?

NYU served ‘racially insensitive’ Black History Monthmeal

>New York University served up a “Black History Month” meal at one of its dining halls — complete with watermelon-flavored water and collard greens — and had to apologize when students called the school out for playing into racist stereotypes.

>“This is what it’s like to be a black student at New York University…” she wrote. “In 2018, I literally had to explain why displaying watermelon and koolaid in celebration of Black History Month was not only racially insensitive but just ignorant.”

>“I’ve wanted to go to NYU since I was in 7th grade, and it breaks my heart that at this allegedly “diverse” and “global” institution, black students are faced with issues like this one,” she wrote.

>“If you want to learn how to celebrate Black history and culture during this month you can ask the black students at this school instead of patronizing us with Koolaid, watermelon and ribs,” she wrote.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_stereotype
theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/12/how-watermelons-became-a-racist-trope/383529/
youtube.com/watch?v=tRVqVwGWocM
youtube.com/watch?v=I5wmyXs4ZH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>is it racist to eat food?
We're reaching autism levels that shouldn't be possible

>i dont like that we did this thing before so it's racist
whats so bad about liking watermelon. it's a fact that black people ate watermelons back in the day so whats the big deal?

Who the fuck bitches about watermelon and bbq ribs. Two of the tastiest foods you can have

Shieeet pepo e tasty

>I literally had to explain why displaying watermelon and koolaid in celebration of Black History Month was not only racially insensitive but just ignorant.
Yeah but it's true. There's no haut cuisine for black people in america. Black Food is really good though, it's comfort food. Fried Chicken for example. It's like if there was Ramen at a Japanese fest, Japs wouldnt get uppity

Jesus was a jew and you're all heritics for not worshipping Zeus/Ivpiter/Tiwar/Dyeus Pater

>racist stereotypes
>traditional Southern food
>because most blacks lived in the South
>inappropriate for Black History Month

Jokes on you I was only pretending to be Christian

my work had fried chicken, green beans and jambalaya for lunch yesterday for black history month. no body cared.

Watermelon originated in Southern Africa.
Sooooooooooooooooo it’s their melon

Black people love watermelon. The only reason they act offended when wipipo bring it up as a stereotype is to fuck with them since they know they can.

>if there was Ramen at a Japanese fest, Japs wouldnt get uppity
Being black is inherently embarassing, so anything that references it will be considered offensive by a significant fraction of blacks.

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on why watermelons are racist?

>, I literally had to explain why displaying watermelon and koolaid in celebration of Black History Month was not only racially insensitive but just ignorant.”
>literally

Is it me or is this word used for everything now? Surely, just describing what she did was enough? I would never have assumed she had done it figuratively, like.

Is it me, or does the whole world use "literally" for fucking everything?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_stereotype

because niggers like watermelon and whitey better not be seen offering one

Sushi is the best on Thursday.

but everyone likes watermelon

>@all racists who are against multicultiral society what would you do without ethnic food festivals
>you are not allowed to eat ethnic food

Shit ninja, if loving watermelon makes you black consider me Miles Davis

she just mad they forgot the KFC

theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/12/how-watermelons-became-a-racist-trope/383529/

shut your fucking mouth your going to blow it. they wont eat watermelon and that means more for us. they wont drink koolaid that means they drink tap water and that shits toxic

>black students are faced with issues like this one
Oh no! Now i understand how difficult these poor oppressed offspring of royalty truly have it in drumpfs america

>Fried Chicken
>Black Cuisine

The day of rake cannot come soon enough leaf.

>is it racist to eat other culture food?
no

The United States of Weimar

OH GOLLY MASSA
IS DAT SUM WATAMELON I SEE SIRRAH
MMM MMM MASSA ILL BE WORKIN HARD TODAY IF YOU GIMME SUMMADAT MELON OOOOO BOY

Just a reminder that slave owners fought and died for their right to own more of these and black people made watermelons a symbol of their freedom

It could have been fried chicken with black eye peas with those greens.
That there is a Black History month is offensive to me. Also that there are all black colleges, and a black only funding organization is racist. So this with can go screw herself. I swear we are dealing with grown children today.

They could hardly barbeque another African, could they?
What else do they eat

That sounds wonderful.

Spoken like a non-southern black person.

sleep tight birdo

>get a whole fucking month dedicated to you because you're brown
>still complain

>Is it me or is this word used for everything now?
Yes it literally is sir.

>“This is what it’s like to be a black student at New York University…”

oh woe is me.
fucking spoiled nigger bitch. i'd love to go to nyu. i'd have loved to had just a chance to go to nyu. i'd even put up with all the kill whitey "diversity" classes.
why are whites fragile again? this nigger is going to a top university. has the nerve to get offended during black history month over a meal made for black people. ungrateful apes.

NIGGERTRIGGERS

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_stereotype
that whole article is hilarious.

>Be me
>go to HBC (historically black college)
>school is 90% black
>they literally have fried chicken friday
>there was always water melon available in the warmer months

It's just the best tasting food.

If liking watermelon, collard greens, and ribs makes you black, then I are the niggest.

As a white American, I must agree that I find hot dogs, hamburgers, and beer terribly offensive. Anyone who thinks white people eat and drink these things is ignorant. Also, trucks and guns are a racist stereotype. Very few white people like trucks.

Everything is racist. who cares. i swear to god if you started lynching random niggers, and you said "I'm lynching these niggers because I hate niggers", some retarded American would feel the need to point out the fact that it was racist.

I bet they actually did ask students and they all DID ask for koolaid, watermelons and ribs.

>tfw no one acknowledges that niggers stole their food from southerners

A face...of no regrets and no human DNA.

youtube.com/watch?v=tRVqVwGWocM

Nigs act like this style of food belongs to them. It's not black food, it's southern food.

Me too.
Made some dirty rice that has collards, tomato ,and some cheese with garlic butter. I eat the collards often in many ways, they are good for you, and tasty.

What the fuck, Americans literally shouted "kielbasa" and "pierogis" when I told them I'm polish and nobody gave a shit. How can somebody get triggered over watermelon? Everybody loves it.

>soul food

even out west soul food is greens and fried chicken. Even in the north in baltimore its the same shit
Even black twitter confirms this shit

don't know whats to be offended by
offened for offense sake

These are just boushie ass black bitches looking for something to bitch about

specially when it's comped

Black people ate collard greens and watermelon because it was super cheap. It's part of their history. A lot of black food is cheap, slave food they smothered in spices.

Lmao who would complain about this
White food sucks atm. Black soul food is great.

This.
They keep having to rebrand. Nigger, black, African-American, person of colour.

>pic very related

>White food sucks

I think you mean British food sucks.

Same with Mexican food. It's poor farming people food. It provides sustenance to work the fields and it's tasty.

>>go to HBC

Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=I5wmyXs4ZH4

They're really good fried in bacon grease too with a spoonful of garlic powder.

>White food sucks atm.
Italians are white.

It's funny to me that you think that.

I was at the candy store and these 2 black youths were there, out of the hundred of candy jugs available, they dipped and swiped watermelon sweets, joking about it.

I never believed in the memes until I saw it, wtf is in their genes to like watermelon that much?

I can't wait for race to not be sensationalized anymore

British food is great, fish and chips, mashed potato and gravy, roast dinner, baked potatoes

Black food culture
>ribs - meat that has been cooked
>fried chicken - meat that has been cooked
>watermelon - a fruit, you eat it
>collard greens - like a shit cabbage, that has been cooked

Are there any black cultural foods that are actual dishes instead of just a thing that may or may not have been heated up?

Because these people hate themselves and have also worked out that guilting white people about everything they do is a way to get free stuff and guaranteed positions for the black people trying to run away from black people

Bet you they fucking ate it.

sausage rolls and pork pies.
Top notch

>This is what it’s like to be a black student at New York University…
Basically the negress just admitted she faces no real hardships and still has to quarrel about anything

You are talking about 80IQ people here that are let into college with a GPA of 1.5.

The left doesn't get called out for autism enough. Another thing they project onto us and we allow it.

>the perpetual victim strikes again
The 56% face may as well be the symbol for these people as if it was used like the happy merchant.

Yep. They're like that in here in Tennessee too.

That is Person of Collard when speaking about blacks please.

Ethiopian food is actually pretty good. Like, the delicious Ethiopian food in Ethiopian restaurants in the United States, not actual rotten dung in Ethiopia. African Americans though? No, they have no cultural food.

>Early-1900s postcards often depicted African Americans as animalistic creatures "happy to do nothing but eat watermelon" – a bid to dehumanize them.[7] Other such "Coon cards"
>Coon Cards

HOW CAN WE MEME THESE BACK INTO REALITY?!

These are NYU affirmative action college niggers, so they think they are higher class than normal niggers. So they get offended when you offer them normal nigger food, that's racist to assume that a college nigger would like watermelon just because she's a nigger, don't you know she's a COLLEGE nigger? You should assume she eats normal College-class food.
That's what's really going on here. It is the same as if a rich white American went to a business meeting in Japan and they served him a hamburger or something but he gets all offended because he thinks burgers are beneath him so he lashes out and calls the Japs racist for assuming he'd like a burger like ORDINARY Americans.
Also the bitch who complained and had to "literally explain why it is racist" probably wasn't even a nigger.

>nigger, colored person, black, african american, person of color
FTFY

Ethiopians weren't slaves, also they don't think of themselves as west african niggers either
Black history month means Blacks brought over from the slave trade history month

cooking in general is pretty much heating things in fat and adding salt if you're going to be that reductive

basically this. they are the eternally ungrateful race
>give niggers a bunch of free food they already enjoy eating
>racist
is there anything they won't complain about?

It looks obviously fake, I mean how can you honestly believe that someone cares so much about food?
I know that those idiots consider it a serious issue, but it just seems so surreal.

I don't know the GPA system, but I'll just assume 1.5 is shit. What scares me is not the complete idiots that believe this shit, but the ones controlling them.
There are people who spent a lot of time and resources conditioning niggers to be angry because of watermelons. It's true, yet absurd.

>DASS A RACIST STEREOTYPE
My apologies, please tell me your cultures food so I do not make this mistake in the future.

What would be considered appropriate food, do they have a culture?

Also negro
Constantly running from terms that become derogatory because of the people they’re used on

What’s the back story

>make soul food for bhm racist
>don't make soul food for bhm also racist

> free black people grew, ate, and sold watermelons, and in doing so made the fruit a symbol of their freedom
they should try to reclaim it like they did with nigga
they'd have to spell it a bit different tho. like wattamelan
or make a special variety called watermelanin or summat

>Just serve us regular food. We don't want to be discriminated against or treated differently.
>Why are you ignoring Black History Month?!?!?! You should acknowledge and respect my race and heritage, bigoted fucks!!!!!

I think it’s a combination of genuine racial self-hatred (so these upper level blacks panic when treated like a normal black) and cynical offence-taking at all actions by white people in order to stay around white people by guilting them into keeping affirmative action

Or we could call it Welfare History Month.

And if you don’t give them African American food it’s structural racism because you’re not being accomodating

>go to bar
>bartender sees my red hair and pale complexion
>asks me if I want a guinness
>threaten to report him to the police
>mfw I get a pint of guinness on the house
god I fucking love guinness

I'm not being reductive. Suggest to me a Black food that has some sort of extensive preparation, as would be involved in pastry, or involves considerable skill, like the making of a souffle or a good hollandaise sauce.

I have no idea. Probably because peanut butter wasn't really invented by a nigger.

Top post.

Do you not like watermelon?

Who doesn't like watermelon?