Remember when Shonen had villains who were interesting and who you actually cared about?

Remember when Shonen had villains who were interesting and who you actually cared about?

Yeah, but no one of them appeared in Bleach.

Pic unrelated

So... I guess pic unrelated?

Excellent example of a show that went wrong on that front, anyhow.

Nope.

most of them got killed, ulquiorra deserved better

Its not fair

not in bleach I dont

Pic unrelated

You guys are trying way too hard.

Most of them were completely inconsequential jobbers with no real development or interesting characterization. I don't even fucking remember seven's name.

Came here to post this. Fuck these guys.
Ulqui, Grimmjow and Noitora were cool, Stark and Aaroniero were somewhat interesting but ultimately lackluster. The rest is either fodder or plain boring.

remove 10-7 , they can all just die

>not Barragan
Honestly the thing that pissed me off the most about the Espada were how they all went out like chumps

At least you remember most of the Espada's names I can't remember anything about the Quincy's that looked like Nazi wannibes.

I'm a dirty Ulquihimefag

Harribel had a god-tier design.

>dirty
At least you know how disgusting you are.

He was alright, and his battle was one of the better ones, but he wasn't interesting as a character nor sympathetic in the slightest, which is what OP is implying.

>espada
>interesting
Ulquiorra had a lot of development but it's not a villain you care about unless you're into this The only interesting villain was Aizen.

No but I remember being a kid and being easily amazed by shit

I liked when Soul Society were the villains.

His death was great and much more interesting than a "Character uses until then unrevealed technique/shikai/bankai and deals a killing blow" kind of victory. And to make it even better, it was at the hands of a Vizored, when everyone assumed all three top Espada would go down at the hands of a captain.

They still do. The "bad guys" from Magi, the Ten Commandments from Seven Deadly Sins, the Warriors from Shingeki no Kyojin, most bad guys from One Piece

Fairy Tail did with the most powerful Sprigan 12, even if they kinda disappointed everyone after being hyped so much.

>fairy tail
>doing anything right

>Rank Arrangement
>Yammy is not first

dude, spoilers

>spoilers
>reveal ranks anyway

The Bleach fandom (what remains of it) is still butthurt about Yammy being the top espada.

Go drink the title of this anime

And for being defeated offscreen effortlessly by a handicapped Kempachi and a pre Soul Palace spa Byakuya.

>handicapped Kempachi
He had his eyepatch off in the aftermath.

I mean handicapped as in before he unlocks his real power in the Quinci arc.

I see.
Well, the thing is all the espada who fought against captains were defeated effortlessly anyway, Barragan being the only exception.

>he liked Grimmjow
Lol

i think the only shonun villains i liked were in dragonball and DBZ and of course the best ones were added to goku's harem.

I member OP
>Also all them sad tryhards posting

Kubo is so good at character designs.

bad example but yes

I unironically think that Kubo wrote them as a love story accidentally and then realized he had to kill Ulquiorra because it was too good.

You know your love story sucks when a villain makes for a better partner.

>57647 chapters of yelling each other's names
>Suddenly married

Even Naruto had a better closure.

Ichigo and Orihime ending up together without even TALKING about it is the biggest fuck you Kubo could have given the fans.

>love story accidentally
What the fuck are you even on about? Ulquiorra taunted her about Chad being dead, threatened to force-feed her, and specifically waited for her to arrive at the dome to give Ichigo the final blow.

>Even Naruto had a better closure.
Because of the film that came AFTER the final chapter, and even that film wasn't good.

At least the old one ended up having a pretty cool ability

I don't know why people would be butthurt about it. When literally all the 1-9 Espada are seeing action and the number 10 guy is offscreen just chilling, you know something is gonna be up with him

O MY RANKING

Are you ignoring the entire point of his character by saying that Orihime had no importance to him?

>by saying that Orihime had no importance to him?
Where did I say that though? She obviously did, but nothing about their relationship romantic and if it was then it was completely one-sided. I honestly don't understand how anyone could label Ulquihime a love-story, but then again most of its fanbase is made up of 30 year old landwhales along with underage teenage girls.

It was one-sided, yes. That doesnt mean
It wasn't romance though.
Just go read the extra Kubo did on Ulquiorra's origin.

>Ichigo and Orihime ending up together without even TALKING about it is the biggest fuck you Kubo could have given the fans.
Happy Anniversary

>Even Naruto had a better closure.
you're not being serious are you? naruto was even fucking worse with the romance. unlike ichigo/orihime, naruto knew hinata loved him yet never brought it up. sure we had those moments during the war like the hand holding scene but those don't mean shit if you consider the film canon since naruto supposedly didnt know what romantic love (which is bullshit since the scene where he sees sakura hug sasuke in the hospital back in fucking part one clearly shows naruto understanding what romantic love is) was which just means the hand holding was whatever to him while poor hinata was practically getting wet from how safe it made her feel. they had to make naruto an even bigger idiot in the last film just to justify him not responding to hinatas confession even TWO whole years after the war. dont even get me started on how the actual series ends with boruto being bratty and pissed because naruto works so much since kishi randomly decided to self-insert his personal life into the story instead of just giving us a nice comfy moment between naruto and his son.

Stockholm syndrome the pairing

yea and remember when kubo off paneled/wrote them back in them with their plot holes still intact then bleach ended?

On a related topis, was there ever a shonen where the "super elite antagonist team" did not end up jobbing disappointingly?

Not in bleach, they were only interesting because of how they were designed, after soul society arc the only fans of the series were people who" judged a book by its cover." all of those characters were nothing beyond their design.

There was litterally nothing interesting about them, they were plain as the white clothes they wore.

>then realized he had to kill Ulquiorra
What the fuck? Why would you ever think Ulquiorra was going to survive?

The Ants Royal Guard. Togashi did well to only have them be three, the more characters there are, the more chances there is they'll end up being jobbers only there to waste time.

The Sternritter and especially the Schutzstaffel did win several battles and a few of them were undefeated.

I don't actually like them.

But many are crazy about the Spiders. Saying they're the best characters in Hunter.

uvo and franklin look lanky as hell

They had heart which was nice

sorry about that, just grabbed a fanart from google search

Grimmjow somehow did. Nell somehow did.

Considering how few people Ichigo killed it wasn't that surprising that he didn't kill Grimmjow. Nell dying would've been extremely surprising.

Kubo shat out new groups of characters at such a fast pace it's a wonder any of them managed to have any personality. Majority was just designs, empty husks with a single trait to rely on, you can probaby count passable Bleach villains on one hand and considering how long it ran, that's really pathetic.

Yeah but not Ichigo killed Grimm, Nnoitra was the one who turned him to sushi

>that one time when Kubo could have made Ukitake a villain but chickened out
>all those hints that Urahara was up to some shit but he chickened out as well

Man Bleach would've been some wild shit if the manga wasn't so driven by the character's popularity

Ukitake a shit.

Starrk was my favorite.

Everyone of them got at least a little spotlight.

>Have a truckload of well designed characters with interesting abilities.
>Sideline them all while Hitsugaya, Byakuya and Kenpachi fight everything, every arc.

So many "captain level" shinigami that didn't even reveal a Bankai while the same handful of characters ate all the screentime due to popularity polls really took a toll on Bleach.

Revealing Yammy as the RANK ZERO SUPER STRONG espada then killing him off-screen infuriated me.

>predicted back then that Zetsu will be the final boss back when they were still new
>Early on everyone predicted Itachi or Pain
>Tobi BTFOs everyone's prediction
>Suddenly Black Zetsu kills Madara easily
>tfw I was right

Sasori's backstory was sadder than Gaara's. Truly felt bad for the dude.

Oh god, you really think the Arrancar were interesting villains you cared about what the fuck? The only one of those people who 1)were actually memorable and 2)had a decent fight was Grimmjow

>bleach
>interesting villains
I liked Ulquiorra and Grimmjow, but please, they are as cartooney as they are, the rest is just meh, battle shounen in JUMP at least have tendency to create shittons of characters, but barely any of them gets enough screentime or spotlight so they can be anything more then just background character, a shame really.

>The "bad guys" from Magi, the Ten Commandments from Seven Deadly Sins, the Warriors from Shingeki no Kyojin

>So many "captain level" shinigami that didn't even reveal a Bankai
Including the main fucking character in the last arc

>The Ants Royal Guard.
>All died doing nothing
Okay
I don't get it myself because they barely do anything and aren't given much developement

They are on the same level certainly, so he's not wrong.

Same level of shit? The very fact that he can't even remember the "bad guys" in Magi says a lot

Read better mango, OP.

Yeah they still have them but they were never in Bleach though.

Maybe, I guess?

Don't even start this shit, wanpissfag.

BhA is hot garbage, it don't have villains or characters better then whatever Bleach or Nurutu had.

Herorager is awake I see

Nice counter arguments.
Do you think Stain is somehow better then PAIN from Nrurutu? do you think whatever edgelord currently will run the show and would like to destory teh world/rebuild society or any other simplistic and personal grudge is better then Aizen or any other Jobber?
Give me a fucking break.

BHA considered to be generic shit even by it's fans, trying to compare it to other shounenshit and imply it's better is ridicilous.

>Do you think Stain is somehow better then PAIN from Nrurutu
Very much so yes. Especially considering what Pain is actually.

Pain is just Stain given All Might's powers, there's no fundamental difference between them other than power.

>Pain is just Stain given All Might's powers
And that's what separates them. Also Stain's not the leader of a group of terrorists

>Nice counter arguments.
What's there to counter other than "its shit because I say so?" not like anyone was going to take you seriously when saying Naruto and Bleach are better two series that have been criticized for how poorly they've handled their characters even by their respective fanbases.
Cool horseshit bro. Try making a point next time

No, because I'm not some kind of relativist contrarian.

I mean, I wouldn't consider myself part of the fandom but what was therr to be butthurt about? It was a big stupid reveal at a point where that shit was hardly even a surprise anymore. It was hilarious.

>Hitsugaya is dead
>AGAIN
>But not really
>AGAIN

>Do you think Stain is somehow better then PAIN from Nrurutu?
Yep, hell not even the fanbase remembers who Pein is and he wind up being yet another "misunderstood extremist who did terrible things but is not really bad" that Kishi forced down our throats.

>do you think whatever edgelord currently will run the show and would like to destory teh world/rebuild society or any other simplistic and personal grudge is better then Aizen or any other Jobber?
Yep considering Aizen was a lame villain who contributed to the manga's downward spiral in quality I do prefer Shigaraki's learning to become a better villain versus someone who's omniscient for the sake of it.