So out of curiosity how much would it cost to give every single teacher in America a handgun?

So out of curiosity how much would it cost to give every single teacher in America a handgun?

There are about 3.2 million teachers in America.
nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=372

Lets say $300 per gun. That seems to be a good average.

3.2 million x 300 =960,000,000.

That is $960,000,000. Maybe you can get it a bit lower but it won't be much.

But you also have to train them. You don't want teachers, the people you entrust your children into to be untrained and unsafe.

There are various courses offered throughout the country at various prices. Doing some research online I found anywhere between $150 to upwards of $2000 depending on how complete a training you require. Let's low-ball and say $150. When will you train the teachers? During the summer? Okay now you have to pay them for those hours attended.

150 x 3.2 million is 480,000,000.

960,000,000 + 480,000,000 = 1,440,000,000

1.4 Billion dollars.

You also have to pay for ammo.
Do the teacher's bring their weapons home with them? Are they stored on site in a secure safe? Guess how much the safe installations will cost? Maintenance costs? Replacement costs?

Where the fuck would this money come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>So out of curiosity how much would it cost to give every single teacher in America a handgun?
A lot more than allowing those with existing permits and hardware to carry on campus

>Elementary schools. Kindergarten to grade six.
>With permits and hardware?

Are you retarded?

Also schools are big. You either have every teacher carry a weapon or none. Imagine the outcry if a shooting happened on the first floor east wing but the only people with permits and guns were on the third floor west wing.

they wouldn't be given anything. they'd probably get a refund through taxes or get a stipend for purchasing the gun; much like how some law enforcement is. so in other words, they'd more than likely provide their own firearm. also, i highly doubt every teacher in america will be required to be armed nor will every teacher want to be armed. the real problem that the government would have to fit the bill for would be putting a lock box in every armed teacher's room for safe keeping of the firearm.

>So out of curiosity how much would it cost to give every single teacher in America a handgun?
>how much would it cost to give every single teacher in America a handgun?
>cost to give every single teacher in America a handgun?
>every single teacher in America a handgun?
>every single teacher
>TEACHER
I sincerely hope we annex you one day, holy fuck

Just let the teachers carry their own guns.

Yeah every single teacher. I don't understand what you are implying.

You have a a child that goes to ABC Elementary.
ABC elementary has 30 classes.
Only 5 teachers have guns.
You have a child in Mr A's grade 2 class. Mr A doesn't have a gun. Only Mrs. B and Mr. C. have guns on this floor.
Shooter comes inside and enter's Mr. A's class.
lol dozen dead kids before B and C can find out what is happening, Secure their students, lock the door behind them and, find where the shooter is and fight back.

Either every teacher has it or what is the point.

Wouldn't cost anything. It would donate a firearm to my kids teachers liking, reasonably of course.

I'll be praying for a drunk abo to come rape you and your family in the night.

You asked how much it would cost to arm every teacher in the country, with heavy implications that it would be a retarded idea. I responded with
>it's much more expensive than allowing those with existing permits and hardware to carry on campus
Those = the teachers you were inquiring about

My point being; let the teachers carry on campus if they're already legal gun owners and wish to carry

But that still doesn't solve the problem of the classes where nobody has a gun.

1 gun per classrooms stops school shootings.
1 gun per 5 classrooms doesn't.

let me ask you something leaf. are you going to willingly go into an area where you know there are armed individuals to kill people. what makes you think that the mere knowledge of an armed society is not a deterrent to a potential attacker?

I could see an SJW teacher killing a student they couldn't control.

Armed security, not teachers

Most school shooters kill themselves. They aren't afraid to die. They go in either expecting to be shot by cops or commit suicide after doing as much damage as possible or taking out their chosen targets.

So you admit that guns stop school shootings. I'll take that and be on my way, thank you very much.

Okay. Now pay for it.

You know what would be cheaper, and safer? Closing down all public schools and replacing them with online classes. Get with the current year, it's the year we're in.

>Most school shooters kill themselves
you got data for that? because not even cruz killed himself. in fact of the 18 school shootings so far this year, only 1 has an official suicide.

1.4 billion is fucking nothing

lmao

Four out of five teachers that I know are liberals who want more gun control. Let’s estimate that only 20% of teachers would willingly carry a gun and probably own one anyway. They should be given some sort training, but I’m sure there are local law enforcement officers who would be happy to donate some time to the cause.

There's tonns of military surplus handguns in storage right now, they are still releasing surplus 1911s and garands

Not to mention buying in bulk usually gets you discounted prices
Bet Trump could talk em down pretty low

>Okay now you have to pay them for those hours attended
not sure about leafland but in murica they are paid during the summer and required to uptrain on various subjects and procedures during some of this time as the state requires. its not all summer, but they are still on the clock when schools out.

anyone have the sauce on these '18' school shootings I am just now hearing about?

most of them aren't actual shootings but rather mishaps that involved a firearm.
snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/

this is what I thought. I couldn't find squat.