I don't understand why anyone ever thought greenlighting garbage shows is a good idea

I don't understand why anyone ever thought greenlighting garbage shows is a good idea.

you mean like endless eight?

It's not their money.

Faggot

Primarily because it sold millions of books

Whoreuhi should never have been given life through animation.

Just because it sold a lot of books doesn't make it good.
See: SAO, Haruhi, etc.

Kind of like Twilight, Star Wars prequels, rebooting Sailor Moon, turning an anime into a live action movie, etc?

protip: Its about making money, not making a quality product.

Garbage is great, you don't understand garbage

Haruhi is good though.

If it was good Tanigawa, Kyoani, and Kadokawa wouldn't have given up on it.

What are you smoking? Everyone other than Tanigawa milked the series dry. The mediocre spin-off manga got an anime just two years ago.

Those groups gave up on it because of massive controversy. Haruhi was the most hyped and profitable show KyoAni ever made. They would have kept doing it if not for the fans of the IP destroying it.

Even Tanigawa milked it, as he approves various spin-off so he doesn't have to write any shit himself.

>it's 2017 and people still believe Aya Hirano scandal did anything to affect the prospects of another season
You're retarded.

Give up user, OP is too retarded to get it. He can't even follow his own question.

What do you mean guys season 3 is happening

I highly doubt they expected the spin-off to do well. That was just a last ditch effort to make sure no one gives a shit about the series.

Then what stopped one of the most profitable series in anime history from being continued? Oh right, you only have a theory you can't back up with any examples.

Sure buddy, and Valve is about to announce Half Life 3.

The author stopped writing it, you autist

I remember the last time I hated something so much that I animated 300 minutes of it so maybe people would like the original story less. It took me a lot of time and money, but it was so worth it.

There was many books worth of material that could be made into more seasons even back in 2008. They just decided to make a movie out of only one of them. Which actually was a good decision, as that movie had better flow than the anime seasons. But there's still plenty of other unadapted material.

It's not about the amount of unadapted material. It's whether or not the company has a new LN to advertise with the anime. And since 2011, the response is no.

Even with the author having stopped writing it it was clearly a cash cow. Sold a shitton of BDs, a shitton of merch including CDs, Figures, etc.
It's not as though it would be unprofitable to continue.

Taste is subjective and as previously stated, you are a complete faggot.

OP's taste is objectively shit, though.

This doesn't stop Haruhi from being garbage.

If the question is "Why did anyone think it was a good idea to greenlight this?" the answer is "Money." Why are you bringing in something irrelevant like quality?