The Deadliest battles in US military History

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_with_most_United_States_military_fatalities

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=Z8C2AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA332&dq=106 infantry division volksgrenadier division&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLpo3E_LjZAhUQnOAKHYJRDqsQ6AEIMjAC#v=onepage&q=106 infantry division volksgrenadier division&f=false
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be amerimutt
>get shot
POTTERY

>Be Argentine
>Lose Los Malvinas
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

im not an argie tho, stay mad amerimutt

Didn't 50,000 troops die in Gettysburg over a 3 day period? That's pretty crazy when you really think about it

Then what are you? Some sort of other non American mutt, just like the rest of the world?

That's 11 people a minute. Crazy...

Nope

Not that it isnt crazy but not hard to imagine

naturally the germans fought like hell since the future of their nation was at stake by that point

Check the Rhine campaign in 1944.

The US forces got wrecked despite their massive edge in troops and air cover.

The US infantry is mediocre.

im not from this planet, you cuck soyboy entitled millenial mutt

Lol your double mutt ass just got BTFO

A fat larper, nice.

Most people in the world are mutts you fucking retard

Learn some history

Nice, you deleted it

>Operation Nordwind 7,000 killed
Never even heard of it before but apparently more Americans died in that than in Afghanistan and Iraq combined

it had to do with doctrine, Germany cared about spending their troops' lives dearly, USA put them in the most rickety tinderboxes they could get a gun on and sent them into combat.

>be an amerimutt
>call other people mutt
POTTERY
>fat
but again, im not an amerimutt my dude.
and the fact that thats the 1st insult you use its actually hilarious, really talks about your enviroment
>so mad that had to reply twice in a row
top of the fucking kek
and then THIS so fucking assblasted. nice trips tho
and why did i deleted the post? i wanted to keep it clean posting everything in one reply.
you still mad amerimutt? or amerifat? how should i call you? amerifatmutt?

Lol Germany didn't care about their troops. Hitler had a strict hold your ground order for all his troops on the western front. Probably the eastern, as well.

Mkay, first thing you said was "HURRRR AMERIMUTT". really speaks about your environment LEL

You must be that interstellar fungus infestation

Look at World War One. Germans sitting safely in Defenses while suicidal allied attacks reigned down on them.

No you stupid dummies it had to do with the Rhine being an impenetrable barrier and German troops fighting fanatically to defend their home soil.

Market Garden was an attempt to circumvent having to brute force the Rhine crossing for exactly that reason. The German troops facing the Americans at the Rhine were solid, well trained, veteran troops. They made the Allies pay in blood for every inch of ground they took.
Germany was a very competent fighting force even into 1945. The issue was they were just bled dry and outnumbered 10 to 1. By the time of the Bulge they were relying heavily on Volk troops made up of those previously deemed unfit for military service, and they fared significantly worse than the more experienced German troops did. Volksgrenadier divisions were on the whole slaughtered in engagements.

yeah nah, you are retarded.
like i said: stay mad amerimutt.

SHUT IT DOWN

Different leadership my d00d. And Germans low time 1.8 million in the first ww1, as well as 1 million Austrians. No one else suffered the same losses

Eh you're boring. You don't even have anything original to contribute

Ah yes hitler's famous blocking battalions and order 227.

Germany
>was the only army in the world that airlifted critically wounded soldiers from the front
>had the highest survival rate for crews of tanks taken out in military action
>highest survival rate of a frontline rifleman seeing combat

every part of their doctrine was preserving soldiers because the reich had precious few compared to their combined enemies numbering perhaps 10x the population of the entire axis (which included poorer quality japanese and italian troops)

im not here to entertain you.
you are here to entertain me, and you already did.
retarded amerimutt kek.

Those “slaughtered” Volksgrenadier Divisions were the mainstay of the initial German advance in the Ardennes that made December 1944 the bloodiest month in American history

Russia and France suffered the same

>No you stupid dummies it had to do with the Rhine being an impenetrable barrier and German troops fighting fanatically to defend their home soil.

Short on ammos, men, oil. No air power. Yet get a better kill ratio.

>Muh the Rhine

Fuck off mutt, your infantry sucks since it exists and so will it be forever.

Hurtgen Forest was an admittedly awful disaster of the first magnitude

No they weren't. They were the second and third waves which got shitfucked.

Jap, the only people who managed to suffer more casualties on defense than offense were the Italians, the Russians, and your shitty ass country.

Read up on the US 106th Infantry Division buddy

Dont forget theres no escaping a BF109

Much lower than I thought

The completely green division that was spread out over 5 times the area it was supposed to cover due to manpower shortages which was hit by three elite Panzergrenadier divisions backed up with heavy armor the 106th was ill equipped to deal with due to a lack of heavy ordinance because of a belief that German armor was neither operating in the area nor capable of attacking through the location due to the forests?

Yeah what about it?

Would kick your ass anyday

There would be accounts of one guy just wiping out whole bunkers or a unit wiping out trenches hand to hand out in pure anger

Don’t fuck with us

Looks like krauts and nips are the best at killing us, followed by rednecks, chinks, norks, and gooks. Were you even trying bongs? Pretty sure even the injuns have a better score.

PANZERSHREK!

>4,599 Americans killed
>North Korea
Is this why you are still scared of them?

That looks like just the infantry and marines, the nips gave the US navy a few wallops as well.

>due to a lack of heavy ordinance
>ordinance
If you don't know why I am calling you a nigger, then you are a permanent double nigger

>normandy
Christ, being on that beach must have been absolutely horrifying... I honestly can't even imagine it, and I've watched every video or video game rendition I can, even fiction, and still can't imagine the scene on that beach that morning.
Still, the civil war had the most U.S deaths of any war the U.S has been involved in COMBINED. Twice as much killed in WWII alone. Sadist period of time in U.S history, so many white deaths.

>heavy ordinance: referring to artillery and guns that cannot be moved except by towed carriage or self locomotion

why isn't Gettysburg listed?

(as in it should be listed higher)

Three Panzer Grenadier Divisons? pfffft
It was the 18th Volksgrenadier Division that almost single handidly dealt out the worst US defeat in the ETO. The remaing regiment of the 106th fought at at Saint Vith later but that’s not what I’m talking about

It is

3,155 Union dead, so it’s in the right place

My grandfather told me once about being at Normandy. He said that his CO got shot right as the door opened to the boat. Right after that he wouldn't talk about it anymore.

They don't make men like that anymore.

>his
Why aren't you making this thread in /his/?

Nigger 5th Army hit 106, it included multiple divisions, more than the 3 Panzergrendadiers. The toughest one that hit them was was 2nd Panzer which was the division which captured over 6000 American POWs and shattered and surrounded those POWs, who the second wave of Volksgrenadiers of the 18th captured as 2nd Panzer continued on for their actual objectives.

Stop paraphrasing Wikipedia articles it doesn't make you smart. It's leaving out the whole part of the battle before that got the 106th regiments in the position in the first place.
What the fuck history book did you read?

I can't see many people now-a-days that could get through that without some fucked up problem... WWII was rough, idk if I would have taken 1.5-2 years of WWII or 15 years of today's bullshit. And I've only done 4 years in army, only 9 months in Afghan, shit sucked.. like it really fucking sucked and I was only intel analyst, but it's nothing like I imagine anything WWII or I could be..

the "captured/missing" should also be included. Because it was on Union Soil, and the confederacy was forced to retreat being unable to take many prisoners with them, so the actual number should be at least 8k.

Wrong, double nigger
>ordinance
Permanent. Double. Nigger.

and I'm still not going to explain, don't want you learning from this and posing as a real human when you type in the future

Oh no I made a typo.

World War II was a mistake.

A Jewish mistake.

Is it weird knowing that literally all of the US wars and casualties were from fighting for the jews?

I find that leap of logic quite staggeringly retarded, cuck.

You literally lost a 1v1 war (that you started) against us you slanty eyed tentacle fucker

>12 of them are Confederate

feelsgoodman

>Opposing force
>Germany
>Germany
>Germany
feelsgoodman.jpeg

Helsp??

Can you imagine how much better history would be if the Confederacy had won the war?

>The Union would be broken
>The ZOG wouldn't be able to throw the entire might of the US at the Germans every world war.
>Strategic considerations against northern cuckoldry would make the Confederacy an Axis power.

Hey , one question

How does the irradiated fish taste ling ling ?

Oh.tjats right , we nuked you twice

Know.your place Manlet before I come take a vacation and leave a couple single moms for you to look at and hate

>northern cuckoldry
You mean Canada?

Yeah you Krauts are good fighters I'll give you that.

But the Japs were more vicious.

18th volks was the first wave dummy.

see

True

Literally Japs were evil

Mutts and Germans killed each other so both our countries could be blacked

>Can you imagine how much better history would be if the Confederacy had won the war?

Yes

>Strategic considerations against northern cuckoldry would make the Confederacy an Axis power.
>allying with a bunch of big government on illegal steroids fascists

NO NO NO. We’re not doing that.

books.google.com/books?id=Z8C2AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA332&dq=106 infantry division volksgrenadier division&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLpo3E_LjZAhUQnOAKHYJRDqsQ6AEIMjAC#v=onepage&q=106 infantry division volksgrenadier division&f=false

They were just more dedicated

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh
>>Be a random German guy
>>kill 1000 people in one battle

No ptsd

>Normandy
>"The Allied invasion plans had called for the capture of Carentan,St. Lô, Caen, and Bayeux on the first day, with all the beaches (other than Utah), linked with a front line 10 to 16 kilometres (6 to 10mi) from the beaches; none of these objectives were achieved.[50]"

Top fail

Amerishitts still were the second mo s t competent fighters in K/D but still can't even close compete against my people

Normandy was kindergarden compared to the real fight in the east buddy

No not really. Both were brutal and Normandy was one of the most lethal battles in the entire war.
The East saw the brutality occur much more often and it was sustained for weeks at a time. Normandy was the most lethal battle the US ever fought, with dozens of companies being wiped out in less than an hour. The scale was smaller, no doubt, but you'll be hard pressed to find a battle with a higher casualty rate.

> Okinawa
> Hurtgenwald

am i close?

t. skinnyfat 20something

All you did in ww1 and 2 is pick up scraps except a few engagements. stfu.

FOR YOU... hahaha but really the west front had shitty equipment not many competent soldiers but many woman and children aftter some time it was clear that we would loose so our last goal was to hold the SU as long as possible back so the USA could occupy us before the SU could because we were thinking you would be friendlier but if you compare modern west and east germans/germany it was a big mistake to let you in as first

t. butthurt ossi

We need a wall again, the east is a fucking moneydump. First ossi refugees, now shitskin refugees.
Being an actual german is suffering.

Fuck, I didn't think the burgers even did much in WW1, sorry yanks my bad.

Yes we are, we can not let (((them))) win again, who do you think backed the north the first time?

A quarter million died in dresden.

We were winning in WWI until america came with millions of new good equipped soldiers and then we lost
We were winning WWII until america gave the SU all the shit and + the 20m US soldiers that came to the battle
Even stalin said so

Family came from königsberg and fleed to schleswig holstein near kiel
I'm a real ossi and not a central german
Blood&culture > muuh economy

maybe you shouldn't have allied with Japan.
Yellow fever never works out.

fake news
bombs didn't even hit Dresden

It's german tradition t b h

Yup fake news goy.