Has there every been a series that wasted it's potential this hard?

Has there every been a series that wasted it's potential this hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

pripri-anime.jp/product.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same studio, like two seasons earlier.

Three eps in it takes a real fat shit like most others. Let's see if it at least pulls it together for a good ending.

I don't know I think its exceeded its potential. last episode was dull but that's one dud out against seven good ones.

>show isn't even over yet
>still hasn't had any significant drop in quality whatsoever
>wasted potential

The first two episodes were among the best of the year, then it fell on it's face so hard for the rest, especially the newest one.

We have to say it's shit otherwise people will think we like it too much.

The art does reduce quite a lot in quality compared to the first ep and the glorious OP. So many series do that given the methods used and budget. I'm sure much of the show has been outsourced and not everyone can render the style as nicely as the best talents in the industry. I can forgive some things knowing that they are so commonplace.

People are have been to force the "lol 3Hz always fucks good premises" ever since FliFla

It won't. We know the 8th episode is Ange's backstory so from there it only has 4 left to remember that is has a plot and it'll be rushed at best

Has it even been confirmed that it's gonna be single cour? MAL still has it listed as undetermined

The official website confirmed it was 12 episodes

[citation needed]

How come it's 12 episodes if we know there are at least 18 inches of Ange's cock?

It'll totally be two cours. I'd be fucking enraged if they went so off the rails with case 18 and such big numbers if they weren't going for two cour.

>mobage shilling anime
>potential
It's cute so just shut up and enjoy it for what it is

It is still AOTS so it's fine.

It's not two cours.

pripri-anime.jp/product.php
>各巻2話収録/全6巻/レンタルDVDは2017年10月よりリリース開始!

The laundry episode was insignificant and contributed nothing to the actual story.

>muh plot
I'll ask this again: were you this mad when Jin & co didn't spend every single episode searching for the samurai who smelled of sunflowers?

I thought everyone already knew the show is going to be episodic rather than plot.

You'll have to wait until the show is complete to properly judge whether it contributed anything or not.

They set up way more plot in PriPri and have half the episodes to work with

Filling time with out-of-the-way episodes much like Cowboy Bebop and many other titles. Figures the characters would have other shit to do. They wouldn't only do spy work with their time.

you missed the Re:Creator's thread.

>using muh plot as an argument

It's a plot driven show, you moron. I know you might be here to discuss how cute the girls are and how one of them is your waifu but there's more to anime than that.

Different "muh plot"-fag here, I actually tried watching that show but got bored like four episodes in. What do you make of that?

>Aniplex cashcow original of the season
>potential
I thought you people would have learned after GC and AZ

>episode 9 of Madoka is weaker than the rest
>retards keep claiming series dropped the ball and it's shit now
>episode 10 happens

And it wasn't even a bad episode.

This show is nothing like retarded harem mechashits you mentioned. And they were shit since first episodes.

Sit up straight in your chair, fatboy.

this

It's like you retards never heard about calm before the storm. Next episode we are getting hard plot.

>It's a plot driven show
It's an episodic show; the director said as much when the show was first announced back in February. The "I want to become the queen" just serves as motivation for both of the main characters to engage in episodic adventures, just like Maya's quest to find her mom.

The only moron here is you, user.

>it only has 4 left

4 episodes are almost 2 hours of content. That's more than average movie.

>expecting anything after seeing the writer's previous work

Yes. Lots. It's not even in the top 50.

The point is that at this point using potential in the same sentence as an aniplex original directed by Aoki with the only purpose of selling Sawano CDs is an oxymoron

>Popular, promising series starts to loose its spark mid season
>Sup Forumsnons start eating each other alive
kek everytime

because no writer has ever improved, right?

I want more plot from Dorothy.

Anons of Sup Forums, would you let that sultry temptress manipulate you?

Terror in Resonance
Captain Earth
Aldnoah Zero
Kabahabaneri

stand out as significant example just in recent memory

>Aldnoah Zero
Now who in his right mind would be able to see anything in this!?

>Terror in Resonance
>Aldnoah Zero
>Kabahabaneri
These were all bad from the very beginning

the first few episodes (of all of them) were solid and presented an interesting setting with potential

potential that they shit away rapidly, but potential nonetheless

If this series gets a second cour and they're delaying plot because of it would people be happy with the current episodes?

They're sure to bitch and moan over every detail.

>people having faith in 3hz after the embarassing garbage that was flip floppers
KEK

At least wait until it actually drops the ball really hard before you shit on it. I'll concede that I'm worried about the ending being rushed, but it could still be solid. I'm assuming it'll be somewhat open-ended at least.

If it did the pacing makes way more sense, but there's no sign of a second cour

when was our last update from the Black Lizard Planet?

>implying other popular studios have never had flops

>Okada

the one series with the ghost girl and the brown trap and the detective girl was the biggest waste of potential I have ever seen

Exactly what sort of "potential" did you see in it? Because it's been exceeding my expectations pretty consistently.

>Has there every been a series that wasted it's potential this hard?
Is this your first anime or something? There are hundreds of shows with equal potential which wasted it as much or more.

>the first few episodes (of all of them) were solid and presented an interesting setting with potential
I'll never get tired of posting this image. Jesus Christ the immense lack of foresight on this board is something to be commended. No wonder you guys think all anime is garbage because you continue to watch complete shit.

They all had the potential to be incredibly shitty and succeeded brilliantly.

>the first few episodes (of all of them) were solid and presented an interesting setting with potential
Let's see you had this scene from the first episode of Kabaneri, the missile scene in A/Z, and Terror in Resonance had the "non-lethal" terrorist attacks. At some point these were clear signs that the show you were watching were complete shit from the very first episode and you continued to watch them.

>vlc snap

Please kill yourself.

>Do I fit in now?

It's called breathing room, pack the series too full of srs bsns plot and it gets exhausting. The episode did a lot to characterize the girls as having a compassionate side outside of just being badass spy bitches.

We already knew they all had a compassionate side. There was no point showing us again.

re:creators
that one show that turned into a who done it in the middle of the show and had terrible CGI monsters

>We already knew

No, we didn't. Shut up

No because it doesn't change the fact that it was a mediocre episode. It tried to do too much of everything and not enough of anything. They should've focused more of the comedy if they wanted an enjoyable breather episode, or more on the drama and interactions if they wanted a better character driven episode.

>ange goes out of her way to save amy
>dorothy helps her father despite his abuse
>beato is consistently kind and innocent
>chise helps the small child at the train station

the only one who we didn't see actively being a good person was princess, who we could have guessed was a decent person by her reputation and friendship with the others. we didn't need to waste another episode establishing that princess wasn't a piece of shit

>The first two episodes were among the best of the year
Weren't even the best of it's season. Good art style and designs alone don't elevate something to top tier levels.

Not that user, but what do you think are the best episodes of this season?

As far as I'm concerned, it's not wasted potential until none of the big plot beats (Princess' rebellion, Chise and Dorothy having to officially choose sides, the inevitable massive fuckup event that causes the London Cold War to go Hot/Them Thwarting Massive Fuckup) happens by the end of the series.

Anything from Made in Abyss is better, Aho Girl is a better comedy than this is an action show, Tenshi no 3P is a better SoL comedy than this is an action show, Tsurezure Children is a great romance, and the last episodes of both 18if and Symphogear have been better than any episode of PriPri. It's a good spy action show, but people wildly overrated the first two episodes because they were excited that they could follow a story slightly more complicated than an average slapstick comedy.

Made in Abyss has been painfully boring. The only really good thing about it has been consistently high production values.

I think overall FLFL was a better show than PriPri but suffered from egregiously wasted potential. Having said that, PriPri has exceeded my expectations. Still meh as fuck and still an inferior work to Flip Floppers but it hasn't dropped the plot so far. Maybe in a couple of episodes, who knows, it's an Okouchi anime anyways so it's very much a possibility.

Fair enough.
Thank you for your input.

There's something very sexy about girls holding a gun.

This is an accurate assessment of the season so far, I agree with this post. The problem with PriPri is that is doesn't fully commit to the greater plot and instead goes on episodic bullshit when it is supposed to be a spy thriller with various factions fighting over stuff and allies backstabbing each other. They abandon this necessary overarching plot and instead go on wacky cute girls adventures or tell their underwhelming backstories. Not impressed at all, especially with anons overrating this decidedly decent show.

PriPri episode 5 was better than any episode of any show you've named.

>Made in Abyss has been painfully boring.
Nope, it's been going at a decent pace and the atmosphere and sense of eerie mystery has been fantastic.

I don't really care about the overarching plot, it's just been a good show from the start. Nothing in the first few episodes was particularly clever or hooked me in, it was just really good designs and spies doing spy things.

No it wasn't. 90 seconds of good (not great, but good) animation with really good choreography doesn't make it the best anything except best swordfight of the season.

The whole episode had great animation through out it. Sorry if you are only able to notice and appreciate action scenes though.

I can tell you're trying to sound knowledgable, but you're flat out wrong. The whole episode did not have great animation throughout, and I bet you didn't even watch half the other shows I mentioned. Feel free to post webms of that "great animation" though.

I'm not trying to sound like anything. I am telling you my opinion. There were plenty of scenes with great character animation throughout the episode.

>he didn't notice the great walking animation throughout the episode
Watch it again.

Yes. LWA.

Ha ha! On to the next shitposting thread!

Woops, forgot webm.

>Nope, it's been going at a decent pace and the atmosphere and sense of eerie mystery has been fantastic.
That isn't something you get to say "nope" too. I have watched the show and it is boring as fuck, the only thing that is of any interest is actually finding out about the interesting shit they keep promising is in the abyss.

>Nothing in the first few episodes was particularly clever or hooked me in, it was just really good designs and spies doing spy things.
Again, because the show committed to episodic bullshit instead of more substantial "wanting to be Queen" plot, it ends up being unfocus. Reading the thread, some claim this is a "plot driven show"; this is wrong because it was never the director's intention, but you have to consider that this perception is naturally encouraged by the Princess' royal aspirations. So to shatter this expectation with the characters doing laundry and chink work ethic in episode 7 leads to quite understandable frustration. What I imagine will happen is that the serious plot will kick in eventually and that it'll be LWA all over again with the seriousness feeling either forced or out of place.

I don't think this show is bad, I don't think it's great or particularly good either. It's as you said, great designs although I don't think it's particularly spy-ey.

>throughout
There was one cut where someone walked through the train with agency, and the rest were all closeups of their faces with a ribbon or strand of hair swaying. Actually watch it again.

>There were plenty of scenes with great character animation throughout the episode.
There really weren't.

>That isn't something you get to say "nope" too. I have watched the show and it is boring as fuck,
Nope. You're dumb.

Second and third cuts were the only impressive ones, and those lasted about 10 seconds.

There really were. Sorry you're wrong.

>Second and third cuts were the only impressive ones, and those lasted about 10 seconds.
That's more than the vast majority of TV anime and it was also spread throughout the episode.

We're diving into a matter of opinions here but I will say this in defence of pri pri

What you just described is exactly what pripri was setting itself up too be in the first few episodes. They were very good and can easily be compared to the the direction in the first 2 episodes of MiA or the latest episode of symphogear. That's what makes the latest episodes so frustrating. The issues you mentioned only started showing up episode 4+

That episode was utter trite though. Complete waste of potential.

They really weren't, sorry you have low standards.

>That's more than the vast majority of TV anime
Not really. It still doesn't even come close to the average Dogakobo comedy show.

>elaborates on Chise's character and backstory
>trite
Come again?

>Nope. You're dumb.
Nope. You're dumb.

>average Dogakobo comedy show
So a handful of shows then? Sure, I'll concede that Dogakobo has lots of great animation, but I said the "majority of TV anime." Most shows certainly don't have animation as good as that episode.

There really were, sorry you are unable to appreciate animation.

>elaborates

It completely kills her character, there's barely anywhere to develop her anymore.

>there's barely anywhere to develop her anymore
No you just lack imagination. There's lots of possibilities.