Why does anime as a medium try so hard to trigger my /his/ autism...

Why does anime as a medium try so hard to trigger my /his/ autism? Why do they grossly exaggerate and distort what real weapons and armor look like? It's not like live-action TV and films where they have to deal with a lack of proper props (I'm looking at you, Vikings). It doesn't look cool; it looks like they're using plastic larp weapons.

You have literal autism
And to answer your question it's because weapons and armor in real life are boring and anime armor and weapons are cool and fun to watch

They're based off of late era jousting lances which were these weird blunt ended cones so that when they killed someone it was extra painful.

They're also supposed to look like umbrellas.

wrong

wrongx2

You have autism.

Regardless if they were based of jousting lances, those comically oversized ones are just plain stupid looking.

Same goes for gigantic swords a la pic related

Rule of cool.

Probably a lack of research by the people who started the trend of 'this is how lances look like'

Most lances I see in anime are based on wooden lances used for mounted cavalry tournaments. A lot of people consider these 'real' lances and think the lances used for actual combat are just spears. The picture you're using is stylized to be an umbrella so its appearance is even more ridiculous

"Rule of cool" my ass. Whenever there's a stupidly oversized weapon in an anime I know it's instantly trash.

The right looks cool as fuck and that is all that matters.

>muh realism

in a show with magic and reimagined historical figures

Newsflash, people have differing taste.
Feels free to say they have shit taste, but to not acknowledging the fact just prove you're immature too.

I'll never forgive Japan for the Fate series. Disrespecting literally hundreds of years of history for weebshit

>jew lamp skin lances
>cool
i want reddit to leave

Oy vey! So anti Semitic! Bad goy.

Literally what is jewish about them?

History generally doesn't give a shit about history. Realism fags are just salty they have no imagination. If everyone was a realism fag we'd all be stuck in the stone age.

Jousting lance.

The only good Fate series were Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night. The rest, I agree, they fucked up a lot of cool legends and historical figures by making them little girls or fucking up their design.

King Arthur as a girl was believable because of the reasons given.

Don't get me wrong, I love fantasy. But ffs would people realize that bigger does not always mean better.

I haven't watched any of the Fate series, so I don't know why King Arthur is a girl. Arthur will never return to become King because of this shit bastardizing his image.

>I haven't watched any of the Fate series, so I don't know why King Arthur is a girl.
Because she drew Caliburn from the stone. Britain wouldn't accept a young girl as "King" so she disguised herself as a man as as far as we know only the Knights of the Round knew she was female, and she was constantly surrounded by her knights so very few people got a good look at her. I thought it was an interesting and unique take on the legend, doesn't need to (and can't) compare to the original of course.

I recommend giving Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works adaptation a go. It's my favourite.

holy shit, that's nice

Super fucking gay.

>they fucked up a lot of cool legends and historical figures by making them little girls or fucking up their design.

this is what angers me the most, specially with the shitfest that is grand order, gender bender for no fucking reason, Saber had a good explanation, but now is just fucking fanservice, is sad when something that started nice, sold out and becomes otaku panderin.

Are people this desperate to forget that Fate started out as an eroge?

I bet you love it when someone swipes with a pike instead of pokes.

The average anime character isn't going to be able to afford that nice-ass armor so they have to make do with a lot of oversized weapons and the placebo armor of belts.

it is a lance, though. it's a jousting lance.

whenever the nips try to apply the concept of natural selection is where I get triggered. they have such unscientific perceptions of what evolution is and how it works. often about "reaching the next stage", or sometimes they see it as a simple line with "betterness" in the direction of the future and "worseness" in the direction of the past, among other issues.

It only had 5 or 6 short sex scenes. If you read the visual novel you wouldn't just classify it as what it was sold as so dismissively.

It's an exaggerated weapon based upon an already exaggerated weapon, what did you expect?

>Saber had a good explanation,
No the fuck it didn't you utter fucking retard.

It was and still is absolutely fucking retarded and was made even more retarded and went full on fucking /d/ as Nasu tried to explain and expand upon it.

But I did read it, I just wish people wouldn't pretend that it's supposed to be high literature.

I appreciate your anger but that doesn't change the fact it was handled well. Intentions aside, it was believably explained.

not him but how is the concept of sex excluded from "high literature"?

>I just wish people wouldn't pretend that it's supposed to be high literature.
Nobody pretends it's high literature, that's just your exaggerated view brought on by mistaking praise for obsession. Smarten up.

>try so hard to trigger my /his/ autism?
If your /his/ autism were so strong you'd know that that model of jousting lance comes from a period where soldiers did their best to look as ridiculous and over-exaggerated as possible, practicality be damned.

If a Condottieri were blessed with anime powers to use something as ridiculous as your OP image remotely as effectively as a normal polearm, half of them would do it in a heartbeat.

Because people act like otaku pandering in Fate is a new thing when that's exactly what it started out as.

It's within the realm of fiction user. If the author likes something he will fucking put it in his own world. Just like your wife, she's a figment of your imagination but you don't see anyone taking a jab at that

I wouldn't call it Otaku pandering unless you're looking to hate it irrationally. It's not like there was any fanbase before F/SN to begin with. Just the people who read Tsukihime. F/SN is written maturely.

>F/SN is written maturely.
And this is why I never like discuss Fate around here I'm done.

You said this was believable.

It is not.

The notion that a Early Middle Ages monarch, who therefore maintains a large entourage and enters combat regally, is absurd. At a minimum, the effeminate physique of such a 'king' would become a constant source of mockery among 'his' vassals. It might be considered awkward that the king only ever spoke in a high-pitched, unmanly voice. Someone would notice their Liege's lack of physical strength on the battlefield.

And you have the difficulties of concealing feminine hygiene needs in an itinerant court and various problems of increasing Wrongthink.

>Saber had a good explanation

No, the explanation was that FSN started as a Otome Game, and then they changed to a male protagonist and didn't want have to throw away all the stuff they'd done with King Arthur.

All the rest is essentially an excuse.

>Disrespecting literally hundreds of years of history
The characters in fate/stay night were:
>A British king that may or may not have existed and probably didn't exist the way you imagine him to have if he did
>3 greek greek figures
>1 mythical celtic figure
>1 japanese swordsman people aren't even sure existed
>1 mythical Sumerian God-King
>1 autistic sword boy from the future

and

>1 unnamed assassin from a historical but highly sensationalized organization

Exactly what history was there to mutilate that wasn't already mutilated since Le Morte D'Arthur or Isekai'd since A Connecticut Yankee?

>The notion that a Early Middle Ages monarch, who therefore maintains a large entourage and enters combat regally, is absurd.
So is the notion that his knights fought dragons and ogres, one of them found the Holy Grail and that they were knights at all, but I don't see anybody having any issues with Arthurian Legend mangling the historical aspects of combat in the 5th and 6th centuries AD.

>Exactly what history was there to mutilate that wasn't already mutilated since Le Morte D'Arthur or Isekai'd since A Connecticut Yankee?

Anything regarding the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, for one thing, on account of the fact that no one has ever heard of it.

From Fate/Stay Night, not from whatever anime ever depicted the Deluge or any event in Polish history, if any exist at all.
There weren't any Polish-Lithuanian historical characters in Fate/Stay Night to depict inaccurately.

Why are people always so spergy about MUH REALISTIC ARMOR?

People are okay with unrealistic character, body types, personalities, hair color, clothes, titties, height, weight, magic, powers and what not, but bring up weapons and armors and there's ALWAYS one sperglord whining about it being unrealistic no matter what.

Why? Why is it always those two things? What's wrong with weaponboos and armorboos?

>Anything regarding the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, for one thing, on account of the fact that no one has ever heard of it.
Save the inferiority complex, Winged Hussars aren't nearly as obscure as you think they are given that they are the subject of an entire nation's collective self-fellation, is regularly featured in any game depicting Eastern Europe in the late renaissance on and is only "unheard of" if you compare it to shit everyone knows like Samurai, Roman Legionnaires and Hoplites.

I miss Grimgar threads. Anybody saved the "Every Grimgar thread" picture?

>Fuck Fate for mangling history and gender-bending historical figures! It's unrealistic!
>But all the magic, fantasy creatures, and other fantastical stuff it's a-ok, perfectly logical and makes sense!

>it's okay if a French Writer fills a Welsh tale with anachronisms and made-up characters to suit the trends of his contemporary readers
>but it's not okay for a Japanese writer to do it

Larping D&D faggots and loser cunts who wish they were men in their power fantasies who don't know any goddamned better.

No seriously. That's it.
Fucking losers have been raised on cynical spineless realism when it comes to fantasy and sci-fantasy and have been told to never dream and never ever think too hard and never accept themselves even in their waking dreams.

>Anything regarding the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, for one thing, on account of the fact that no one has ever heard of it.
We remember, in September, when the buthurt Poles arrived!

you may as well complain that anime characters don't have real human proportions and anatomy. gtfo

>unrealistic character
Wut?
>body types
It's realistic, just rare. And if we are talking about action-packed titles, it's totally believable for males if they have managed to stay alive for the extended period of time. Be /fit/ or die, these are the options.
But yes, the female combatant with a playboy-cover-cardiobunny-tier model body on a battlefield would be a unicorn. Something like manga Mikasa from SnK would be much more believable.
>personalities
Wut?
>hair color
I'm pretty damn sure that you can pick almost any colour.
>Why? Why is it always those two things? What's wrong with weaponboos and armorboos?
Because the character looks like a clown wearing that during a serious conflict. I can suspend my disbelief on this one, these people apparently can't.

>Why do they grossly exaggerate and distort what real weapons and armor look like?
Because real fighting is slow and boring.

Well it would be if your weapon was the size of a telephone pole.

I'm fine with both sides, I just wish realistic weapons and armour got a bit more representation cause there's legit a lot of cool as fuck designs IRL.

>Attributing realism to anything animated.
Unless it's specifically going for a realistic style, you are the retard here, not japan.
Every time they make an anime thing, it's asking the question "this is weird and unrealistic, do you like it?"
Then money pours in as if they all scream "YES!"
It's okay not to like it, just ignore it.

No one cares, autismo, history nerds get bullied even by other nerds for a reason.

>F/SN is written maturely.
No, fuck you, you know nothing of writing if you think the writing in stay night was mature.

Because you are a raging retard
enjoy your aspergers

Because its a work of fiction, go watch a history movie/documentary autist.

Ahh, we found a retard!

Do you know what that piece of armor is? "grossly exaggerated and distorted vision of what real weapons and armor look like" your own words, paraphrased.
People back then made shit more pretty than it was because it was an art. The guys who have fun designig weapons in anime are the same.

You, on the other hand, are like the serfs that looked upon it and claimed it was a waste of kigdom's money.
Well, you are now jerking off about that piece of armor and there's not even a cross left in the place that sad serf breathed his last.

Who watches an anime and expect realism? That's right, a retard. You can cry all you want, but the japs won't give a shit about your autistic fit.