Dragon Ball Super

Do you think there's any way U7 will actually lose?

Where would you personally like to see the story go after the Tournament of Power in the next arc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HtDf6p2UoSU
youtube.com/watch?v=3z9cIEj9fTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

next arc where they do something retarded like fighting the angels or some shit and goku unlocks new form. might even bring fusion as well or some shit

I thought the mods banned DBS threads?

-raffs-

>Do you think there's any way U7 will actually lose?
either they will win or the troopers universe will win, either way whoever wins will use the super dragon balls to wish all the defeated universes back

>Where would you personally like to see the story go after the Tournament of Power in the next arc?
explain Kingofall's backstory. My current headcanon is that he is just one of many, probably a family which all of them own a bunch of universes and he is the youngest kid.

Nope. Some people wanted angel rebellion arc. Grand priest is revealed to be evil manipulating the zenos. And goku and the other universe warriors will rebel against him.

Ok I have the actual results of this week now as they've updated in Japan.

#1 Sazae-san 10.3%
#2 Crayon Shin Chan 8.3%
#3 Doraemon 7.9%
#4 Detective Conan 7.0%
#5 One Piece 6.9%
#6 Chibi Maruko-chan 6.8%
#7 Dragon Ball Super 5.0% (Rather low ratings for a week where everyone was actually watching anime)
#8 My Hero Academia 4.1% (Almost doubled in ratings from last week)
#9 Pokémon Sun & Moon 3.6%
#10 Curious George 3.6%

the tournament ends with 3 teams still standing, goku gets erased, gohan needs to save the multiverse

>Shueisha calling the shots and correcting Toei's anime continuity to be more like Toyotaro's manga
How based can one Chosen Successor be?

Even if they do loose somehow, they'll just get brought back with Super Dragonballs along with everybody else who got erased. Status quo isn't going to change.

Get the feeling they might involve Universes 1,5,8 and 12. If they are that powerful that they can be exempt from the tournament then Goku will probably want to fight them.

How does an anime that comes on just before one piece with just as large of a name manage to have an almost -2.0% difference in ratings? You don't even have to fucking move anywhere, is DBS really doing that poorly in Japan?

Explain

>Where would you personally like to see the story go after the Tournament of Power in the next arc?

i would not mind going to "end of Z" and seeing what happens afterward

this isn't the cell games.

I hope he cuts down on characters after this arc. It just seems like he's adding a shit ton of characters because he doesn't know what he's doing. "Maybe the fans will like this..or this", and throwing them all in, seeing what sticks.Hit was decent though.

Every single arc in DBZ had an element of.. 'mystery', for lack of better word.
Frieza arc had frieza's forms - and Vegeta, a maybe ally/villain.
Cell/androids had trunks and his time machine, his prophesys, and Cell, who stole all their moves.
Buu brought fusion to the table, and raised the stakes with the huge power spikes.

Super just hasn't brought anything NEW. Nothing gripping, and no new menacing villains(Zamasu was pathetic. sry ningens). So what I'd like to see is something original.

>Zamasu was pathetic
DELETE THIS

DBS Anime is by NuToei and no Toriyama manga source material.

>artists paid to work on dragon ball make limit breaker look retarded
>a random nerd on the internet makes it look decent with something they drew in their free time

Rogafufuken is the best melee attack in Dragon Ball... too bad Yamcha is a joke now and nobody will use it, maybe we need a canon Dragon Fist in Super.

Super needs more Yamcha

Supers story and characters really have nothing interesting or emotional going on

The outline has a lot of potential, it's just whoever's writing the story and characters can't write for shit because all of them are generic cocky, overconfident villainous characters that also contribute absolutely fucking nothing. There was so much potential in this arc completely squandered, dragon ball super just feels to me like old yeller needs to be taken out back and shot before it gets abused by its owner even more.

It would be interesting if:
>U6 wins and wishes U7 back because Champa is a nice bro!
>Zeno refuses to delete Goku
>Ribrianne accidentally falls down and crushes the Zenos under her weight.
>some random Universe wins and we find out no one was actually deleted.
>Grand Priest revolt
>Cus revolt, revenge for blocking of Gowasus channel

Sadly we all know Gokus new Form will beat Jiren so Goku can be the nice guy and wish everyone back.

I agree the overall premise has potential but that they are doing nothing with it

Why you think Goku will beat Jiren? what if he can't beat him? what if U11 win and they wish everyone back because they are good guys?

This is Goku show. He will always win in the end.

also Jiren is so boring I don't want to keep him around.

>Jiren is so boring
Hes only had like 3 lines. Give him a chance
but yeah he probably is boring

At this point I'd rather have fucking Ribrianne as final boss.

I hope they fight and kill some of dem angel muffa fuggas
Splat zenos head

Kys

Because Super isn't really doing anything new or interesting at the moment. There is no big mystery to unravel, or character development to go through. And stupid shit like Kale unlocking a super powerful never before seen* transformation with absolutely no buildup whatsoever basically represents how fucking amateurish Toei's execution is. All the ToP has going for it are fanservice fights and even that stuff's not 'interesting'. 17's eliminating some jobbers? Cool. Oh, Roshi's going to use the mafuba on some jobbers. Alrighty then, And that's really are there is to talk about that. One Piece, for all its fault, at least has something beyond just beating up fodder going for it.

*Seriously, fuck Toei. If you're going to ripoff a character like that, at least put some fucking effort into making the transformation believable. You don't just introduce something like that out of the blue and hope that people are going to eat it up because 'Oh! Brocori! Suegay!'

I just rewatched all of Kai and except for the Saiyan arc and to a lesser extent the Namek arc I couldn't disagree with you more.

The Saiyan arc was excellent, imo.
>Lots of character development all across the board.
>Vegeta never reveals he is a Saiyan prince or anything, just says he's a Saiyan elite warrior and that Kakarot is a lower class warrior.
>Vegeta totally overpowered Goku with Goku only able to temporarily close the gap with a Kaioken so high it burns out his body. Vegeta face tanks everything thrown at him including a genki dama. Several fighters make contributions to beating Vegeta until he is eventually worn down.
>not to mention everything else about the arc

After that everything became huge/cheap jumps in power levels + waiting for Goku.

The Namek arc had a lot of throwaway characters. There were all of Frieza's guys (including some named ones that were presented as imposing before being trivially killed by either Vegeta or Freiza), the guy that trained Vegeta or whatever, Zarbon and Dodoria, the Ginyu Force, Nail, Guru, other Namekians, etc... The only really redeeming part of the whole arc is Vegeta and Piccolo's character development and the way Goku's fight played out.

After this it was all honestly kind of terrible. Lots of throwaway characters and plots. The Buu arc especially had a lot of things happening but none of it was really meaningful. All of the stuff with the tournament, babidi's warriors, fusion, fucking everything about he kaioshin (lol Z Sword will make you stronk Gohan, lol ultimate power Gohan,...), etc.. was all ultimately meaningless in the end.

In Super, Revival of F starts right off with SS Blue and we don't see any more of that shitty power level jump dynamic. Moreover the story centers on both Goku and Vegeta so there's no more need for "waiting for Goku" arcs and "weaker characters are relevant until the bad guy transforms" scenes.

Either U7 would have to be erased in the same (or prior) episode that it is brought back or someone has to hint that it is part of U7's plan to get deleted. Otherwise viewers will stop watching.

Isn't that exactly what happens in revival of F? Everyone held off the weaker people until goku and vegeta arrived. So instead of weaker characters are relevant until the bad guy transforms, you'd prefer 'weaker characters are irrelevant from the start'? Goku still saved the day in revival of F. And shitty power level jump? Frieza trained for 1 month or something and got as strong as the goku and co.

What shit are you talking about? Every one of your arguments are the complete opposite of what happened, and you don't even have to look deep into the series to refute them.

ToP would get so much more exciting if Goku and Vegeta get dropped out early so teh underdogs have to find a way to survive.

Toei didn't invent Kale

>colors
>in B/W manga

nigger what?

I gotta say, i'll miss all the gohanfags, but it's good for the Caulifla economy.

How do you guys think she'll beat Frieza? Will she go SS3 and inch a victory, or will they go all out and give best girl female goku super saiyan blue?

Bitch probably can't beat Frieza in his regular final form.

It's literally impossible for them to lose because we already know that they survive because of the DBZ epilogue

One possibility is that they lose and Zeno feels bad because he doesn't want to kill Goku and changes his mind

youtube.com/watch?v=HtDf6p2UoSU

angel arc confirmed

is there a single person that watches dbs that doesnt want a back story on how grande padre fathered only SOME of the angels

Stand aside son of Kakarot, leave El Grande Padre to me

lmao if you think they haven't scrapped that gay ass ending to DBZ. Good riddance

Also the fact that Supers timeline should be limited to however old Pan gets by EoZ

That would be another few years in the timeline I think

Chadhan new form when?

would gohanfags be happy or pissed if he gets an ichigo esque power up that makes it capable for him to 1 shot jiren but he loses all his power after the ToP

>hey guys i learned kaio-ken
>gets wooped by another jobber
>the end

gohan isnt talented enough to learn kaioken

I could see that happening as a set up to get rid of Zen'o. One goes on to erase them, other doesn't want, then they erase each other, leaving the Grand Priest as the supreme power.

Is that the recent Curious George or the old shorts?

All I want is an arc where Mr. Satan gets to defeat the main villain all by himself

>!!

What did he mean by this?

Is this some kind of technique?

Dead

"Get lost" -Jiren: DBS episode 96
"Agreed" -Jiren: DBS episode 99
"I'll take this" -Jiren: DBS epiosde 100
"It's over" -Jiren: DBS episode 100

Anons, say whatever you want about Toei. But there is one thing you cannot deny, they are geniuses when it comes to writing interesting characters.

everybody stayed up late funposting in the last 2 threads, they need a recharge

Wow Toei's writers are real misunderstood geniuses.

>with just as large of a name

In Japan One Piece is definitely bigger.

For DBS to surpass OP, it must not only be as good as it used to be, nor just as good as OP, but better than OP.

OP has been constantly on TV and on mangas, tons of merchandize, not as old as DB but still pretty old too. It has momentum.

Limit Breaker Goku's hair is interesting. If his hair isn't just blowing in the wind, it looks like it's intermediate between his base form and Super Saiyan form. Maybe he's combining the perks of SSG with SSB?

Nice cleft the boy chin wonder crossover fan art.

No, but I think that Vegeta is handsome

God, I really wish Jiren is not the final opponent for Goku in ToP before the angel arc or whatever. His design was so ayy, his personality is bland and boring. I don't understand why they picked him as the final boss when there are better designed character. Is this where I should give up hoping for another final boss? All sign point to Jiren. FUCK

>last 2 threads
what 2 threads are you talking about

>tfw Roshi's gonna kill himself because he can't defeat some alien bitch without popping a boner

Cell's spots are hard to draw. Also, he's kind of boring. Not much personality compared to Freeza and not much gag potential compared to Boo.

Why do so many aliens have massive circular holes for ears?

The preview for the next episode (105) shows what looks to be roshi taking densi jar from his pocket. It's been shown in dragon ball that the use of the mafuba is at the risk of ones own life. But during supers black arc future trunks uses it without consequence.
I'm am curious if the mafuba is always supposed to be in exchange for ones life or if it based off power level and has roshi trained beyond the risk. He hasn't shown his power since the tournament with tien, and only a glimpse against friezas army.
Will this be roshis sacrifice or his triumphant success?

>this kills the roshifag

>he doesn't know

So which is it?

the latter, trunks is husbando but hes a brainlet in the manga

could jiren beat the clown god?

still patiently waiting for it to be revealed who is the ningen that is stronger than beerus

I don't think it's Jiren, it has to be someone from one of the other Universes.

I'm actually honestly hoping that Master Roshi gets his old pervy ass BTFO, by the two invicible cicada fighters, the ones that ONLY Tenshinhan was able to sense, apparently.
Would find that to be a quite ironic revange for how Tien was treated in his own fucking reintruduction episode.

>episode focused on gohan and more mature themes: high ratings
>episode focused on the son 'Homer' goku show (written by @toshio916 the GT fan): low ratings

Wow, almost like it's the old, mature ex-dragon ball fans that are the majority watching this sunday morning cartoon and not little boys that toei are trying to cater to.

You have that flipped, son.

The latest ep has lower ratings than the Gohan one, retard.

The last Gohan ep had 4.4%, this one had 5.0%.

Please educate yourself.

You retard

I want U11 to lose for being a bunch of idiotic jobbers, I want one of the "lesser" universes to BTFO them.

Are the other ways where u7 can win? The only way i can see them win is by gogeta fusion. They made ayy too OP.

I'm expecting the Roshi episode to have even lower ratings than this EP and the previous one.

why

It is from that higher tier universe.

I'm going to have to disagree. The last Roshi-centric episode had ratings of 5.3%, which is modest for DBS. We can expect something around there.

But that was before the ToP wasn't it? The ratings weren't that bad back then.

Remember to brush your teeth, user.

Concrete proof Gohanfags are mentally deficient

Super is just a cheap cash grab. It seems like a bunch of suits just decided to squeeze some money from the fanbase, but have absolutely no idea what to do, so they try to pander to absolutely everyone.
DBS tries to do gags just like DB, but manages only to be goofy and retarded. It tries to do power levels, transformations and big fights like DBZ, but lacks tension and build-up. It brought back Frieza, Future Trunks, fusions, Broly, Jaco, Pilaf gang, tournaments, old attacks, everything they could to score some nostalgia points. They even kept Goten and Trunks in their kid forms. They want to give Goku new SS forms, but at the same time keep every character relevant to please their fans, which results with power levels being all over the place.
It doesn't also help that most fights are just ATATATATATATATA, plots are boring and/or retarded and most of the content is there just to increase the number of episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3z9cIEj9fTw

No. It would just be ass pulls. There's no way that Gohan can rival Goku, vegeta, and Friezas power and maybe 17s

And hit is stronger, jiren even stronger. Gohan and the friendship circle have no chance at defeating the major players.

I mean it's just like when the 3 dogs tried it against goku and vegeta or when the weaker pride troopers tried it against Kale and 17.

And it's going to continue for years to come. Everyone knows this.

I couldn't have said better.

i always do

But user, he already saved the world from Cell, Boo and Beerus

What is the mortal level based on?

it clearly isn't based on power
quality of life and intelligence

Shouldn't U6 be high considering the space police and whatnot?