Fate / Strange Fake: Why is the pace so slow?

When will release the next volume?
When will have an anime adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cNb77AfShUA
youtube.com/watch?v=yl2UpT53EeU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Strange Fake your first novel written by Narita?

Ooh, a not-technically-Sup Forums thread with an OP written in broken English. How appealing.

Because Narita is writing multiple novels at the same time.
Also a dick move on his part prioritising fucking Bleach all of a sudden

Because Narita autism
Because Narita is busy writing Bleach novels
Because Nasu keeps trolling Narita and therefore Narita keeps putting things off until Nasu writes something first so that he doesn't contradict canon despite Nasu telling him to not give a fuck because lol Kaleidoscope
Unless the anime is a 50+ episodes or has a god-tier staff capable of condensing everything without losing flesh there's no way it'll be a half-decent adaptation, Narita's autism is really not adaptation-friendly

Who's best girl and why is it Zealot-chan?

SF will peak once the manga shows the Heracles design and then it'll be all downhill since we got cucked out of Heracles

>Archerfags still mad
NEVER EVER

Zealot is for bullying, I can't wait for her master to degrade her even more.

D-Delete this
Zealot-chan is for loving and cuddling and telling her she's the best Hassan only second to Papa Bones

>she's the best Hassan only second to Papa Bones

FUCK YOU FAGGOT

What is that, The Galactic Pretty Boy or something?

Spooky Hassan is pretty cool too.
SF has been rather kind to Hassans. And then there's Cursed Arm being in the spotlight during Camelot.

Sucks for Hundred Faces-fags though.

The ultimate Saberfag

Damn, she's really made for bullying.

Because Narita, I'm still waiting for more Vamp.

Imagine pulling her by her braids while she begs you to stop and is starting to tear-up.

I hope Zealot makes it out of this thing alive, and maybe a little less zealous

>Sucks for Hundred Faces-fags though
You can't find it not funny to have them go 'well, you're fucking nuts, so you can't be a Hassan; so we're giving the title to, uhh, I guess this guy'

Don't forget he was a multiple personality disorder nutjob. Was there really no other guy in that era with a cooler Zabaniya?

>My Zabaniya is that I'm so crazy I have 100 personalities inside me and I can switch them at will
>Genius, now you are our leader. Praise the Founder.

The women in Orlando's Police force are full of qts but judging the male/female servant ratio. It seems like SF is more about boys.

Is Strange Fake any good?
I need to wash away the bad taste Apocrypha left.

It would be more fun to bully her mentally, like saying that she really don't get what assassin mean and that dead apostles are probably the worst enemy of Hassan. That receiving an help from them is the worst form of disgrace and betrayal she could show, proof that she didn't tried hard enough.

Depends, what didn't you like about Apocrypha? If it's the fast pace and the bullshit OP Servants I'm afraid it's not much of an improvement.

But if it's the irregular format, predictable outcome and effeminite faces I suppose Strange Fake does feel more gritty. It's still awash with fanservice, but it's the callbacks to SF kind rather than the suddenly everything is cute kind. For the most part anyway, apart from Hassan Enkidu is shaped like a waifu

I would say so. It is often referred to as a work of considerable value by people on all points of the pro-GO to anti-GO spectrum.

>SF
>Fast pace
???

Orlando has good taste in subordinates, all these waifus and John too

Worse, imagine convincing her that while vampires at least have a place in God's plan as enemies of mankind, her being rejected by her order is a message from God that he prohibits her from even daring to lay eyes on his kingdom.

So far the high point for me has to be Alcides and Gil's ironic role reversal, with Gil having to protect his small girl of a Master from a cocky asshole irregular Archer

I meant in terms of how the action's progressing not publishing speed

Many things happen in SF - even if they're not 'war-related' things.

Holy shit, Hanzo subordinate were already hot enough, an anime adaptation would blast Kyoani when it come to background waifu.

I never even noticed the role reversal shit, thats great

>It is often referred to as a work of considerable value by people on all points of the pro-GO to anti-GO spectrum.
I've been in every Fate thread on Sup Forums, and it seems like VN elitists and Zero secondaries appreciate it more compared to other Fate spin-offs.

>Zero secondaries
>Reading anything
Pick 1 and only 1

The Grand Order thread on /vg/ also likes it. But, all of these 'groups' are subjective and have exceptions. That is why I was so deliberately nebulous.

S/F has a little bit of everything.
But most of all, embraces the stupidity and ridiculousness of Fate, makes a massive clusterfuck of HGW, and plays around with the concept properly while we see everyone's side. There's both comedy and srs business.It plays the concept straight despite the HGW being practically a bootleg Fuyuki War where everyone and their mom is OP as fuck and breaking the rules left and right. And lastly, it's a Fate-something without a "MC", although Sigma has been bordering on this but not quite yet, which means everyone can cheer for their favorite Servants or Masters without having to follow "someone else story" with the HGW as setting for that person.

>fast pace
Wrong.
SF is already in volume 4 and we're still on day 3.
Strange Fake's pacing is very slow since Narita is giving every character attention and the story is told by different perspectives and I like it.

Stop blaming Narita.
It's Nasu fault.

>implying Archer Heracles will be allowed on screen

He'll only be a talking mouth and a tall silhouette until he gets mudded.

It's both their fault, but mostly Narita's.

Narita should just stop giving a fuck, he's never gonna get shit done if he keeps waiting for Nasu forever. All this crap should not even be a issue anyway, we've got the Second Magic and Parallel Worlds for a reason. He keeps making a mountain out of a molehill.

If that shit genuinely and unironically happens then I will be 10000% convinced that Heracles isn't allowed to appear because Nasu has him planned for a Grand or some similar high level of importance shit

Fuck you, I'm currently reading the LNs now since you fags keep mentioning it in every Fateshit thread.
Ken-sama wielding katana police chief is the best boy.

So did Richard really obtain the ability to turn everything into Excalibur by lying about possessing it when he was alive? Or was he excaliblasting everything with a stick when he was alive?

Don't forget about this. I hope they will show DA designs for Tsuki.
>Koyama drawing lessons
Good. I need to know his secret rendering process

In the novels, Heracles is never once named - or even described as being an Archer - before he becomes Alcides. He's just "the Heroic Spirit".

Of course he won't be shown.

I think True Archer being Heracles was supposed to be a bit mystery when he was summoned, so they probably don't want his design on screen until he becomes towelman. Did the SF manga cover his summoning yet?

He didn't lie about it, nor did he have it during life. He just had a tendency, in life, to - whether jokingly or seriously, we don't know - refer to any weapon that he wielded by the name "Excalibur".

Oh I see thank you user. For the longest time I imagined him as some faggot larper

Why SF masters have good sense of style?

True, Narita is wasting too much effort trying to making fit his story with every last F/GO chapters. I doubt Nasu himself see the game as more than a massive carnival phantasm project and it's why the game is popular, alongside it's waifu bait gatcha.

She's already yielding quit a bit when it come to faith. But it would be nice to make her think that god especially hate her yeah.

How often do you think Prelati mana transfers with itself? Do they both take it up the butt?

Or maybe they just don't wanna make up a design for him just for it to not be canon anyway when Herakles is shown properly later-on. Heck, I'm sure the Morgan shown in Apocrypha will be non-canon whenever she appears in GO or something else.

>Look at my cool-ass new Excalibur Robin!
>That's just a stick Richard
>Are you sure? How can you be sure it's not? You've never seen Excalibur before! Check and mate Robin!
>Fuck off Richard you chuuni faggot

There's a clash between Nasu and Narita's ideologies on writing. Narita thinks everything needs to follow the rules, but Nasu thinks the rules only exist for exceptions.
So Nasu tells Narita to just go crazy, but Narita just keeps on waiting for Nasu.

I love how the SF's illustrator didn't took the easy way drawing Orlando's police force by dressing them up with helmets and shit and actually gave them distinct appearances.

>Watcher will shapeshift into Pierre Basile and kill Richard

Didn't the Overedge designs for K&B originate from the anime, or am I remembering that incorrectly? Maybe they'll like it enough to make it canon.

I think that I can rightfully assume that you know very little about Grand Order.

The hero is, essentially, a stand-in for Nasu, he personally wrote all of the character's lines, and he had the hero's voice actor record his final lines 3 years before the scene was released - before Grand Order was created. These are not really things that you'd do for a non-serious project.

>Became a very powerful heroic spirit through meme magic
Goddamn can I meme myself into having GoB and EA?

It's ironic how Narita's style is perfect for HGW but he's also wholly incompatible with fuck the rules part of Fate.

Excuse me, his name is Loxley.

>that reaction image
Get out faggot.

Do you really want something like F/Z vol 4? When everyone suddenly start dying like a flies in one 300 pages long volume.

Speaking of Richard's Excaliburing, do you think it might actually be a Skill rather than a NP? It reminds me of Lancelot's Eternal Arms Mastership.

We simply do not know at this point. But if it's a skill it's pretty broken.

>It seems like SF is more about boys.
Your first Narita? It's a mixed gendered cast with slight favor to men as more serious fictional works have to have. When females clutter, it becomes waifushit nobody takes seriously and most people pass it over as manchild material.

>pro-GO

There are actually people that support that abomination?

>best story Nasu has written in years
>abomination
Someone is bitter. If there's any abomination that stands out as an eyesore is all Extra bullshit.

Yes, EOP. Nasu stuff in F/GO is good.

Fuck you, Extra is good.

>Grand Order
>voice acting in the story
Am I missing something?

No.

This desu.
Watching proud woman getting broken really turns me on.

Yes.

Don't forget how Nasu literally doesn't allow for anyone but him to write certain characters because of how important he sees them and doesn't want anyone to mis-characterize them or write them wrong. Mobage or not, Nasu cares about GO's story a lot. There's a reason why whenever he's at helm the story improves massively.

That said, I would give my right ball for FGO-VN Version or something to get released with no mobage bullshit in the middle so I can just read the story without any ENEMIES ARE COMING SENPAI.

A fully-functional hippocampus?

youtube.com/watch?v=cNb77AfShUA

I just feel like calling something Excalibur when you swing it around shouldn't qualify as a NP. Rather, I don't think just doing that should let you have pseudo-Excalibur for a NP, I'm betting that he found something along with Avalon.

Only CCC is good

CCC is better because it's built on the already solid foundation Extra set.

No, it's terrible and unfitting of Fate. FGO explores the origin of the Grail summoning system and the purpose of Heroic Spirits, the limits of the Counter Force, the origin of Magecraft (which Aoko already foreshadowed in Mahoyo) which Nasu has been hinting in mats for ages. That's why he says it's an entry in its own right, unlike Extra which is demoted to spin-off tier forever. It's not perfect and is flawed, but it's finally giving answers after years of waiting.
Extra is just a cheap cashgrab that turned a fantasy series into a bad-forced sci-fi very randomly with the premise of "HOLY GRAIL WAR IN THE MOON XXDDDD" without even bothering to give a reason why Mooncell existed here and not in other worlds. Extra itself is so bad, Nasu took the only salvage part, CCC, and linked it twice with FGO. Don't get me started on Extella which randomly retconned shit and pulled aliens nobody ever heard about from Nasu's asshole.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the Extra characters, but the story was shit and the setting was wrong, unexplained and random.

>so I can just read the story without any ENEMIES ARE COMING SENPAI
Yeah, could definitely do without that. Sometimes, there isn't even like an in-chapter (or in-character) excuse for it. You'll just start a quest, a concerned-looking Mashu pops up; she shouts "MORE ENEMIES, INBOUND", and you're off to battle again.

You linked a battle though

I don't believe that I used the word story. If you look back to my post, I think that you'll find the same to be true.

>and pulled aliens nobody ever heard about from Nasu's asshole.
So just like every Fate-entry that introduces new stuff that had never been mentioned before? You are deluded is only Extra does this.

youtube.com/watch?v=yl2UpT53EeU
>tfw Hakunon, Tamamo and Gatou are in Chaldea post CCC in some AU

They probably read the script of Extella and took the wiser choice to fuck off.

Played it till the Solomon arc.
My point anyway is that F/GO is a game that you take with a more lighthearted approach if you want to appreciate it. I still do see it as a serious project but some part Nasu write here and there and the dramatic tone of some chapter parts can't wash away the vast amount of meme interactions and the often questionnable story writing (not of Nasu, I know).

Or are you saying that the regular christmas and summer events, in which they put a lot of efforts, are supposed to be seen as serious writing?

Maybe being chuuni does really give you powers who knows. But yeah there has to be more to Richard's "Excalibur" than just pretending.

Hopefully he doesn't have Avalon because that would make him way too broken

This is worst part of GO to be honest. Nonstop battles with waves of enemies. Grind shit. Even RNG encounters in classic jRPG are less annoying. All I want is boss battles. GO should be MMO like TES instead of mobage

>My point anyway is that F/GO is a game that you take with a more lighthearted approach if you want to appreciate it.
That's Fate in a nutshell, that's why everyone hates Zero secondaries, because all they do is whine about "muh serious and mature hgw with mature and adult masters such as myself something something why is every servant genderbent baaaaw pedoshit".

To like Fate you need to enjoy both the serious and the lighthearted. Expecting everything to be one or the other is nothing but foolish.

Well, it's apparently a fact that he had Avalon in life, but nobody knew it or something. It's not like he could use it without Arturia, but perhaps prolonged exposure to it somehow gave him pseudo-excalibur?

I really like Narita's style, but I don't think it's at all suited for a Battle Royale. His biggest flaws are that he hates killing characters off, so he avoids it to the point of absurdity even when killing them off would probably make for a stronger story/they will never appear again. He even acknowledges this is a problem for him in one of the Baccano author notes.

His other flaw is that he advances stories by adding new characters every volume, then examining the effect the characters have on the existing cast. Basically, a HGW should have a shrinking cast, but Narita writes expanding casts.

>F/GO is a game that you take with a more lighthearted approach ... I still do see it as a serious project but ... the dramatic tone of some chapter parts can't wash away the vast amount of meme interactions and the often questionable story writing

>So just like every Fate-entry that introduces new stuff that had never been mentioned before?
Most of the things they introduce are self-contained and don't spill. Extella, and not FGO, was the series that retconned a lot of shit in Nasuverse without any previous mention anywhere. FGO new things are mostly retooled and expanded concepts Nasu had spoken about in mats. FGO did not address anything that wasn't already addressed in other works like Labyrinth or Melty Manga, they just explore it furtehr. Fuck, CCC namedrops Beasts and Evils of Humanity but there's absolutely no mention of Velder at fucking all by the fucking AIs running the place no less (so there's no surprise there's more continuation of CCC in FGO than in fucking Extella). Because Nasu literally made them up on spot. Look he confessed the only reason Altera is an alien is that they ran out of budget to create a boss character, so he came with the idea of making the new heroine the boss. It's that fucking bad.

What was the catayst used again for summoning Richard?

>summer events,
Minase writes them, not Nasu. So why are you taking them seriously?

A box that held Avalon.

Just because an story has lighthearted moments doesn't make the whole of it comedy. You do realize you can have both things in a story, right?

That's what makes FGO even more frustrating. There is content there but you have to wade through garbage to get to it. And when you do get to it you're still dealing with the atrocious, lazy presentation style that reuses the card art as sprites, very few CGs (less than Tsukihime), no voice acting, shitty "enemies are coming!" filler battles, etc.

You can just ignore things like Extella and miss out on literally nothing. You can't ignore FGO, because it's the center of the franchise now.

God I fucking hate Extella, doesn't help that we're stuck with the same trash characters in Extella 2 most likely