In these confusing times we are experiencing...

In these confusing times we are experiencing, critical thinking is of paramount importance to have a more or less accurate compass to guide us through life.

Although I do believe to be in a process of awakening in this respect, I have the feeling that I am not fully equipped when it comes to a strong foundation on the patterns that govern establishment, control, and human nature.

I also am under the impression that Philosophy and History could give me such foundation, so I'd like to start with the former.

What good reads in Philosophy could you Sup Forums suggest so that I can start this process?

Thank you beforehand for your answers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LlAQaakSEzE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i own this i dunno if you an find it online tho

everyone has lied to you about love. i would start with the bible. i havent found philosophers useful in understanding love.

Foucault is unintentionally a fine thinker of the new right. I suggest you read madness and civilization. A real red pill. Also the film "Century of the Self"

bible is cool

*this kills the liberal*

I'm going to point you to the reddest pill of all. But you have to work for it.

The pill comes from reconciling Max Stirner's "The Ego and his Own," and the "Yoga Vasistha". Learning about how egoism relates to a philosophy of rejecting your ego will have you realize your place in this world, and from there, your knowledge will blossom.

Great thread, anons, I am going to archive all these answers and explore each one of them.
It's going to be an interesting number of years.
10/10 answer, source?

Anything by Nietzsche is a good place to start

But Zizek is a marxist

4cahn/lit/

alan watts writes good books, not boring but have serious messages
youtube.com/watch?v=LlAQaakSEzE

i will read these

I kind of feel ambivalent about Zizek, seems pretty chameleonic to me, but I have only seen interviews, not read anything by him, so I am in no place to accurately judge.

Thanks again, user. Source is perfect, will visit there.
I like Alan Watts and his philosophy has helped me go through rough times in the past, although I have seen him being criticized here as a source of conformism.

Here's a redpill that people are too pussified to talk about: studies showing positive outcomes in child-sexual adult relationships are basically outlawed via university advisory boards in the same fashion as studies about racial differences in intelligence. In order to understand the truth, you have to look at what you're not allowed to talk about, which today is racial differences and "pedophilia". Anything else is cowardice.