MC kills a human opponent

>MC kills a human opponent
>makes no big deal about it because it was necessary
Never thought I'd see this in modern Jump.

>kill various monsters that can speak and converse with humans
>the monsters are also shown to have emotions
>but anytime a human is involved it's all NO I CAN'T KILL A HUMAN THATS TABOO

99% of all shit shounen out there. It makes no fucking sense either

Unless you want angry letters from parents and getting kick out of your cozy job making money because the management rather lose you than become the next target for the yearly mothers witchhunt, you usually skip the murdering guys part when pandering to young kids.

No I meant more from a logic stand point of the story

it's ok to kill creatures with a conscious, but not kill humans. If the writer wants to go down the moral path for a story line, then just have the monsters get captured/banished instead

Business and society logic matters more than and will dictate plot logic.

That's what I am saying.

I miss psyren it had a decent run, but I am still sad to see it axed like that.

It's better to die as a Psyren than to live long enough to see yourself become a One Piece.

Is any of Iwashiro's other series worth a read?

people make a big deal about killing their equals, It's ingrained.

the more individualist people can justify this by claiming self defense, but anything beyond that makes them uncomfortable

And radical groups simply bypass this by rationalizing that that "others" are less than human. Ie: I did not kill a human

About how much of it was rushed? Because I felt like it had a faster pace than the average battle shonen all the way from the start.

I know but to me it felt like that all the author was tryong to wrap up all the plot points as soon as possible and the whole meteor and that woman thing kinda came out of nowhere.
I think.the meteor and girl would be endgane regardless of how long it ran, but I feel like the author didn't have the time to properly build up to it.

unfortunately none of them really had as much succses as psyren. kagamigami was alright but got axed and the other oneshots he did never really got any traction

to add to this meiru hito was pretty good too

>MC is a serial killer

plenty of Jump series do that

Fist of the North Star
Jojo
Dragon Ball
YYH

really I think only Naruto makes a big deal out of killing people even All Might thought it was fine killing AfO

> Hiroshima, Nagasaki
That's exactly what the US pretends it was. Why shouldn't manga depict that way of whitewashing your war crimes?

It's OK because monsters aren't supposed to be on your side. It's not even a question of being evolved and having emotions. Killing a human is killing your kind, that's why it's a taboo.
I don't see why it's so hard to comprehend.

What.

Some people just cannot stop thinking about how much they hate the US.
They just feel the need to bring it up in any thread they participate in.
It's really sad.

>really I think only Naruto makes a big deal out of killing people
That is because most of them got talk no jutsu'd, nobody really gave a fuck when the characters who didn't redeem themselves or turn good died like hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara and Danzo.

I though he was taking about nip-moot.

I will never forgive Jump for axing Psyren.

I guess you've never seen Hunter x Hunter before.

>modern

There's always the psychotic killer MC that needed to remind the readers that they were not "good".

I have seen it, which is why I said 99%

None of those are "modern". And I'm pretty sure none of the Jojos killed a human in their respective parts.

Also, Yusuke only killed Sensui (if you ignore he was being controlled) and it was a big deal.

it was a big deal because he didn't kill him the right way

>I want edgy shit

No thanks.

Jotaro chained a guy to a rock and left him to die in the desert. Giorno killed multiple people and pretty casually. And Johnny murdered anything that moved even before SBR became seinen.

the main character of gintama did this a decent amount in serious arcs

>Jotaro chained a guy to a rock and left him to die in the desert
That was Joseph, who's not the MC.

>having emotions and sentience is equivalent to being a human
>people dont identify more easily with things that are similar to them

You can't honestly be so much of a relativist that you've actually over-rationalized yourself into a mental handicap, can you?

It doesn't actually show who chained him to the rock but Jotaro is the one who beat him.

And Jotaro killed the captain of the boat they took at the beginning of the series anyway so not like that matters.

He just cuts up his face and this is the last we see of him. Given that the worst he does even to much worse offenders like Steely Dan is a long pummeling, I see no reason to assume he killed him.

>inb4 you take his one liner literally

Because he chopped off a chunk of Dark Blue Moon's head. Your page is just Jotaro getting in his angsty one liner on a dying opponent. DBM was dealt a fatal blow.

I remember this happened in Bleach too, when Ichigo killed Ginjo. It was pretty uncharacteristic of Ichigo - he just cut the guy in half and called it a day.

I stand corrected.

Didnt jolyne killed a lot of guys at the prison?

shonen name?

that's not a shonen, and it's called Murcielago

You are probably right, but I can't help getting angry when a half-human is asked they're fine with killing monsters, which are their own kind.
I wonder if that's entire the reason why Katsumi Liqueur betrayed her team at all. If they had trusted her fully, she might not have felt the need to do that.

what of the disciple's new series, I haven't seen a translation of hungry marie in a month did it get axed?

Fucking Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood would have been alot better if they had not done this shit with literally every enemy.

quite a lot of shounen manga have the mc killing human or humanoid characters.

it just depends on the age that the shounen manga is aimed at.

younger ones have much less killing by the main character, ones aimed at older boys will have a bit more

The fuck kind of body proportions are those?

Feminine.

She's supposed to look weird. Other characters have more normal proportions.

poor Iwashiro, I hope he lands another hit

Survivor was pretty fucking metal.

Yusuke made a big deal about not killing humans during Chapter Black

Earlier in the arc he wanted to murder Tsukishima just for making people forget about how much of a "badass" he was.

He has no qualms about killing if you hurt his fragile ego.

Good MC, got a two in one girlfriend too. Shame that no one translated their date from the LN.

One thing I didn't like is no eplanation for him getting the special snowflake black matter power, he just has it.

Psyren was fun.

It's better this way, if he came up with some chosen one shit based on MC's ancestors or go the Gantz route, it would be retarded as fuck.

I was expecting some past trauma or something, since they said it was emotion based.

Yugi (Atem) killed lotsa people in the beginning of the series. Or YGO doesn't count as modern?

Not really special snowflake-ish, there were people before him. He probably has similar mind like them. MC isn't a normal "student" from the beginning, just combine that with 'psyren' atmosphere and constant fighting.

It's pre 2000s isn't it?

>I don't hate you