Is he the George Lucas of Manga/Anime?

Is he the George Lucas of Manga/Anime?

No.

Is he the Christopher Nolan of Manga/Anime?

why not?

>created one of the most popular franchises
>constantly retcons the canon
>doesn't even remember parts of the story and characters
>gave a big corporation the rights of his work

George Lucas has directed and written several actual good movies. Dragon Ball isn't good. Not the Z part of it anyways.

He's the David Lynch of anime. The autism runs rampant on their works.

But Gundam is cringy shit. How can you compare that to David Lynch at all?

No because he's too busy complaining about how many scoops of ice cream the president has

DBZ is good faggot.

It's dull. Boring tournament arcs after tournament arcs. The pacing of the original is lost because he's got no integrity and just decided to pad out his popular series. He also samefaces hard

>Dragon Ball isn't good. Not the Z part of it anyways.
>Star Wars isn't good. Not the Episode 1-3 part of it anyways

I've never seen Star Wars but I do know the fact that Star Wars is praised on a technical film-making level (and directing obviously) moreso than for its story. But it's nothing special nowadays.

>I have never seen Star Wars
There is a special hell for people like you.

How is this an argument?
We're comparing lucas and toriyama, two men who had surprisingly successful action adventure series about a male protagonist with special powers who goes on to fight against ever increasing villains, and in the end the series gets multiple non-canon spinoffs and games before the creator officially hands the reigns over to someone else so they can better handle the multi-level ip distribution.
No one says you have to like either to compare the two.

And the best Star Wars Episode wasn't even directed by Lucas.

Hell is the name of the place you came from and it is Sup Forums.

Why? Because I don't watch normietrash? I don't watch capeshit either. Or movies for children. Are you going to cry now? I don't listen to the top 40 either and I think classic literature is overrated. (at least the fiction section). I didn't like Akira either. Or Your Name. Getting triggered? I'm also apathetic to politics and their moronic simplistic arguments are just a bore.

I'm just saying I've never seen Star Wars so I wouldn't be able to know whether or not your green-text is right.

he is uwe boll at best

Do you know what Dragon Ball is? Do you know what a tournament arc is?

There's literally one tournament in the post Piccolo part of the manga and it's not even concluded.

>There's literally one tournament
I doubt it.

Saiyan arc has none.
Frieza has none.
Androids has none despite Cell building an arena.
Majin Buu has one right at the beginning with the Babidi stuff (this is the one).
There's the finale too I guess if you want to be a pedantic moron but that's straight up less than a fight and then Goku flies away with Uub.
Be honest you've never read the manga, have you?

Just answer the question.

What question?

How the fuck is it good? DBZ is some of the most mind-numbing bullshit I had the displeasure to watch/read. Every fight is the same, the power creep shit is annoying, blatant MC bias, and too slow-paced for an "action packed" series.

The first 6 volumes (before it became dbZ) were really fast-paced. I just think it's nostalgia from people watching the toei dub personally.

I'll be honest I really did enjoy the Saiyan Saga but afterwards I felt it fell off in terms of quality hard. It had its moments but they were few and far between.

That's not Masaki Kajishima.

The manga post Piccolo is just as fast paced as the early volumes, sometimes even more. I legitimately have no clue what you people are talking about.

Dragon Ball has a lot of the same problems too but I'm willing to forgive it because rarely did it actually feel repetitive.

>I've never seen Star Wars
And this is how you remove any legitimacy from an argument.

is he a talentless autistic faggot who got lucky ? kinda

No

George Lucas, was a asshole too full of himself that believed anything he did was a masterpiece of high art, this personality is incredibly apparent when he created the Prequels

Toriyama is just a dumbfuck who got lucky and doesn't give a shit, he just writes from the seat of his pants for the fun of it so long as the checks keeps coming

>too slow-pace

Anime-pleb right here, brothers.

Read >

>Every fight is the same
Hardly. DB has an amazing sense of choreography and the paneling is some of the best in manga.

>the power creep shit is annoying
That's a matter of personal preference. DB nearly invented the concept of power-creep and it was copied so much that nowadays it's annoying, but at the time it was really the premise of the story.

>blatant MC bias
Son Goku was literally written out of the story before Toriyama had to bring him back because of fan response.

> too slow-paced for an "action packed" series.
Now this is just blatantly untrue. DB has an above average pace when it comes to shounen manga.

This all seems to be criticism pointed at the anime adaption, but who the fuck would ever willingly watch Dragon Ball instead of just reading the manga?

3/10 not really thought through, would not reply again

Having only read the manga. It's just not an interesting story. It's padded out way too much.

>Hardly. DB has an amazing sense of choreography and the paneling is some of the best in manga.
Every fight consists of flying around and punching each other super fast, oh and throwing around tons of ki balls. No variety, no brains involved, nothing. Just brute strength everything.
>Son Goku was literally written out of the story before Toriyama had to bring him back because of fan response.
Exactly how is it any less valid of a criticism? It still has an effect on the series as a whole.
>Now this is just blatantly untrue. DB has an above average pace when it comes to shounen manga.
Sure doesn't feel like it.

>Every fight consists of fighting
Oh wow, yeah that seems pretty horrible. If you all fights to be resolved by a special snowflake desu ex machina, then go read Bleach og something. If you can't appreciate the fights in Dragon Ball from a technical standpoint, then it's not for you.

>It still has an effect on the series as a whole.
So you want a series were the MC doesn't influence it? No, this isn't a valid criticism. A manga isn't bad because it focuses on it's main character. You can prefer another type of story, but again, that's a matter of personal preference, not of the series' quality.

>Sure doesn't feel like it.
Sure thing grandpa.

>Reading Dragon Ball for the story
I'm guessing you're the type of guy who plays Chess for the waifus

This is definitely a better pick for comparison.

Bleach is genuinely a well-crafted complex story. Most people can't grasp its complexity. I'm just going to assume you're one of those. Makes sense you think Dragon Ball is fast-paced.

Well I sure as hell don't read manga for his shit art.

>>Every fight consists of fighting
Jeez way too completely strawman my argument. You sure got me there.
>So you want a series were the MC doesn't influence it? No, this isn't a valid criticism. A manga isn't bad because it focuses on it's main character. You can prefer another type of story, but again, that's a matter of personal preference, not of the series' quality.
What are you talking about? I'm saying over 90% of the cast is completely wasted potential and never does fucking anything. It's always fucking Goku with sometimes a hint of Vegeta and Gohan, and early on Piccolo too maybe.

>Bleach is genuinely a well-crafted complex story

Yep. Continue hating on things you don't understand though.

It's literally what you said.
I don't even need to strawman you when your argumentation is that retarded.

Clearly you don't like the style of Dragon Ball and honestly I can understand that, but saying Dragon Ball is bad just because it doesn't suit your taste is stupid.

For better or worse, Dragon Ball was completely revolutionary with a lot of the things it did on a technical level. The fact that you can't seem to appreciate that is beyond me.

Just admit you don't like it on a personal level and move on.

Yes I'm sure the reason I don't like shit is because I haven't tasted enough of it yet.

Closest thing to Lucas with his Prequels is Anno with his Rebuilds

Continue hating things you don't understand.

The problem with Dragonball is that while it invented some shit it actually reused too much its tropes. I mean, everything was just Frieza saga repeated over and over, powerups killed any interesting fight because it just just the powered up guy beating shitless eh enemy until he powered up and reversed the situation. So considering how the action became boring and dull in a series with no plot or characters DBZ is bojectively shit.

more like the Spielberg

And the re-releases altering earlier works to bring them more in line with later additions to the series, claiming each edition is the vision he always had but couldn't previously realize, even though he's published the original concept material.

>For better or worse, Dragon Ball was completely revolutionary with a lot of the things it did on a technical level.
I dare you to name one thing it did that Fist of the North Star or Kinnikuman didn't already do.

Blonde hair and different forms.

Yes very technical and revolutionary indeed.

Watanabe is X of anime?