Do anime industry needs more gaijins to get out of a miserable state it is in currently...

Do anime industry needs more gaijins to get out of a miserable state it is in currently? Looking at what netflix is doing it seems like west knows better how to handle production and distribution

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TIKQBNlwhHA
wavemotioncannon.com/2017/04/25/anime-production-issues-a-working-environment-that-isnt-improving/
wavemotioncannon.com/2017/01/24/interview-with-an-anime-production-assistant-itmedia-122016-part-12/
aja.gr.jp/english/japan-anime-data
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They need more writers like me, so I can make more isekai harem shows. They clearly have no idea how the fuck to write this stuff. All these beta male protagonists and Gary Stus.

>miserable state it is in currently
huh?

No, if you want gajins to make anime why don't you watch western cartoons instead?

Western people can't do overexaggeration.
I mean, can you imagine a western version of Dies Irae that works

Kill yourself.

The lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

>watch western cartoons
I'd rather not.

>Dies Irae
Even gaijin piggus can fix such a horrible trainwreck of a series.

*can't

Anime this season is still better than Reddit and Morty. What can westerners even do to competen?

dies irae is fucking garbage

The problem with Western directed anime is it's really fucking boring.
For some reason Western story telling doesn't go well with Japanese animation styles, it feels like anything unique in anime is taken out by western directors so it feels more like a common cartoon.

The only good example I can count is The Last Unicorn, and that was in the early 80s.

I'm ready for the anime industry to hire me as an idea guy.

tekkonkinkreet was fucking great m8

Gaijin would solder a one ton iron casket and then drop the anime industry into the ocean. Only China can save anime.

>Looking at what netflix is doing it seems like west knows better how to handle production and distribution

OP is a faggot, but if you have something against Arias, then so are you. Also, wasn't Last Unicorn just outsourcing?

The only relevant modern TV animation director, Yuasa, working with them, get fucked

>not liking Rick and Morty

>Looking at what netflix is doing
If you saw lagann and madoka on netflix, here's a secret they were directed and produced by the japanese
And glitter force is a travesty.

>Watching (((Western Media))) as all.

You are on a site created by an American.

>muh industry

youtu.be/TIKQBNlwhHA

I'm talking about Castlevania and Devilman

Me too

Originally for discussion of Japanese content.

Castlevania wasn't bad, but it had plenty of flaws. Haven't watched Netflix's Devilman though.

Do you consider Shelter "Japanese content"?

>Yuasa
>relevant
Nearly everything he does flops, his new movie failed commercially and crtically.

And let (((them))) take over? Let the anime industry crash and have the Japs figure it out for themselves. It doesn't need the "benevolent" West to bail them out and have their grubby hands influence it.

I want to fuck Marie

This may sound crazy but most people don't limit their entertainment to something as arbitrary as country of origin. If it's good, it's good.

>miserable state
What are you talking about? The industry is bigger and more healthy than it ever was.

Fuck off retard.
Netflix/CR are on their way to destroy anime and westernize it.
Burgers ruin everything.

That's because Devilman will be released in 2018.

Rick & Morty is still shit, tho

No, westerners always ruin everything that's good or original.

Who doesn't

A site which is a litteral copy of a Japanese forum.

Think the writer was Korean, but not sure who produced/directed. First few seasons were excellent, so not all western directed anime is boring.

Yes, just look at all these amazing anime movie adaptations. They do a great job telling the stories.

True

Yes, Anime needs to get with the times and stop relying on DVD and Daki sales. There's a lot of revenue from streaming sites it's missing out on.

Western directors would never make something like this.

>implying anime is either

And modern Japanese culture is just a rip-off of Western.

I'm not looking for American story telling when I watch anime.

But that anime is fucking shit though.

> it's missing out on.
No, there isn't.
It's always funny to see a bunch of delusional faggots think they are smarter than a billion dollar industry.

it's not that hard to emulate nippon storytelling.

I'm sure some burger could pull it off.

Well you sure convinced me.

Well, considering gaijin are responsible for the disgustingly miserable state of cartoons and mainstream media in general, i'd say no.

It's true. Look at Fate shit which is just a mockery of famous heroes of mythology.

Daily reminder Sup Forums hates America even though they purposely live there

>Do anime industry needs more gaijins to get out of a miserable state it is in currently?

If you think that Portuguese man (Thiago Furukawa Lucas) saved anime industry with NGNL, you are wrong.

It's still something that anyone with western sensibilities wouldn't even think of making

Learn English you fucking faggot.

I don't live in America

>"Looking at what netflix is doing..."

Netflix steal works, put "original series" titles and remove credits of original staff.

Maybe that's for the best, really.

TV animation is fucked beyond limits
Production values are at its lowest, time schedules are insane, audience outside of obessive otaku market is basically absent so you can't produce almost nothing interesting, working conditions are worse than that of a child workers in 3d world shitholes, amount of titles that are shat out is so big that market is oversaturated to the point studios can't make any profit, etc
For more insight on subject, here's for example translated editorial by Japanese business magazine:
wavemotioncannon.com/2017/04/25/anime-production-issues-a-working-environment-that-isnt-improving/

Of for example interview of production director and assistant
wavemotioncannon.com/2017/01/24/interview-with-an-anime-production-assistant-itmedia-122016-part-12/

Evan Call

You are out of date. Netflix is now making real exclusives. Yuasa's next anime will be one of them and the production schedule is ridiculously good for a TV show type anime. It seems like the animation production may already be complete or nearing completion seasons before it is released on Netflix.

I don't think that it would hurt.

Anime's main problem is that it is an incestuous medium due to the fact that it often draws inspiration solely from other anime. Back in the early days of anime, many western works of fiction were used as sources of inspiration for anime ranging from Hollywood films to classic literature. The influence of real life on older anime is also not to be understated.

It's safe to say that anime would not exist in it's current form if it weren't for the west. So why shouldn't gaijins be brought in to make things fresh again?

aja.gr.jp/english/japan-anime-data
>4th anime boom has arived
>late night anime era has come
>6 years of consecutive growth

Yeah none of that is being argued with in the article. Nobody is saying anime isn't making money. But that there is so much anime being made that it is becoming detrimental to the quality of the medium due to it resulting in rushed productions. Studios aren't making any of that money either it is just going to production committee members.

That's a nice propaganda for investors you have there m8, but people from industry think slightly differently

I don't think anyone in the industry would be arguing that anime isn't making money. They might say the wrong people are making the money it is going to the companies that invest in anime rather than those working on making the product from a creative perspective, and that productions are struggling to keep up with demand and working conditions are terrible but the amount of money coming into the industry is definitely on the rise. When people in the industry say the medium is on the verge of collapse it isn't ever due to there not being any money coming in.

Because the studios are retarded, if you don't invest and take a risk you won't grow.
Kyoani took the risk and now they're a powerhouse not dependent on production committees, chink companies are doing the same thing now.

The truth is - anime needs it's own HBO.
Until industry switches to the "shoot all episodes at once and release after production is finished" type of process, we will get same cheap rushed uninspired shit.

> just going to production committee members.
That is the only thing that matters, as long as there is money in anime it will be continued.
Sorry, but I don't buy into all the "think about the poor workers" propaganda.
Creative industries have always been hell holes. The working conditions weren't better in the 90s and the industry still exists. Same can be said about the western gaming industry.
It is also of note that the loudest complainers about the state of the industry are people like Yamakan (failed directors).

The source for wavemotioncannon.com/2017/04/25/anime-production-issues-a-working-environment-that-isnt-improving/ is anonymous insider, which is always questionable.

We also get selective information since a substantial ammount of the info is translated by Sakuga fans who pretty much all believe visuals >>>>>>>>>>>>>> narative.
This is a point I strongly disagree with.
The modern issues that anime has aren't because of poor animation or direction, but because of the garbage writing, which plagues the industry.

>creative industries have always been hell holes
That isn't an argument.
>modern issues that anime has aren't because of poor animation or direction, but because of the garbage writing
All of those are affected by rushed production.

The "cheapness" of anime production is what keeps the industry afloat and it's the reason animation and writing is poor. Plus the majority of anime is adaptations so you really should be complaining about manga/LN writing here.

>The modern issues that anime has aren't because of poor animation or direction, but because of the garbage writing, which plagues the industry.

DEEPfags like you are the problem, you keep bitching but don't buy anything.
Atleast the shounen and moefags support their shit and keep the industry alive.

>The source for wavemotioncannon.com/2017/04/25/anime-production-issues-a-working-environment-that-isnt-improving/ is anonymous insider, which is always questionable.
You have
Where the source is
>The production director of titles like Prince of Tennis and Blood+, and with over 30 years in the animation industry, Akiharu Ishii
>translated by Sakuga fans who pretty much all believe visuals >>>>>>>>>>>>>> narative.
If you look at WMC editorials you will see it totally other way round

>That isn't an argument
Yes, it is, because the argument is that the industy is currently in a miserable state, which it isn't. It was always in this state.
The industry didn't die earlier and it won't die now.
The gaming industry was supposed to die every year since 2005, and it never happened.
This is just a bunch of animators/studios trying to get more money.

>All of those are affected by rushed production.
The anmation is in many cases better than in the mid 2000s, and the writing isn't that strongly affected by a rushed production.
Are you implying that someone like Okada or Katsuhiko Takayama would be able to write something acceptable if they had more time?

>There's a lot of revenue from streaming sites it's missing out
Tell that to Daisuki.
It was much better than CR

>It was always in this state.
That is just false though. There were never 40+ TV anime per a season in the 90s. TV anime missing their time slots was never common place in the past.
>The industry didn't die earlier and it won't die now.
I don't think it will die either, but the quality of the product is suffering from there being far too much anime being made and the production capacity in Japan being unable to keep up with demand.
>Are you implying that someone like Okada or Katsuhiko Takayama would be able to write something acceptable if they had more time?
I'm saying that rushed productions affect every aspect of the production. Inadequate planning time will effect everything in a series. I don't know why you think that would be any different for writing. Flip Flappers production issues were at least in part caused by writing being behind schedule causing everything else to get behind schedule as a knock on for example.

Why do people keep saying animation quality is going down?

>The working conditions weren't better in the 90s and the industry still exists.
This just shows you don't know what you're talking about. Money is clearly tighter today than it was in the 90's

People have been saying the exact same thing since the 80s.

Sony could have turned Aniplex into HBO for animation but they didn't because they even worse then Hollywood jews
Japanese nowadays are never take any risks and this is fucking disgusting

>money is tighter
>productions and sales bigger than ever
What did he meme by tbus

>translated by Sakuga fans who pretty much all believe visuals >>>>>>>>>>>>>> narative.
WMC did not translate the articles, they were translated by twitter users. (and one was organized by Canipa and the translators seem to be SJWs.)
I also wouldn't classify WMC as Sakugafags

>but the quality of the product is suffering
Is it? Animation quality is largely subjective and the average animation quality is in my opinion better than it ever was.

>. There were never 40+ TV anime per a season in the 90s
There were also less animators.
Anime production peaked in 2006-2007, and the industry is stagnating around 5-15% lower than that.
It is also of note that the mid 2000s are considered by many the best period of anime.

How can anime be dying if the greatest love story ever told aired just last season?

They are truly fucked if there is less money now than during the lost decade.

best cuckold story maybe

He's just retarded

No. Japan creating shit that nobody else is thinking about is what makes it so great.

Harem #5973 and Isekai #4073 may be shit. But at least they are different shit than cop procedural #19343.

>different shit than cop procedural #19343.
Are you living in 90's?
In the last years there were multiple great and remarkably original shows

One of the excuses for piracy is not wanting 'suits' to profit from the labor of creators. Whatever you think of this as an excuse it leads to the solution of blockchain companies that can automate royalty payments. Blockchain software could even be used to automate the production pipeline. From there the possibilities are endless.

My point was that even even the generic shows are a different kind of generic.
The good and unique shows are also a different flavor of good and unique.

Except all isekai are literally the same shit

>Castlevania
not anime
>Devilman
anime

>blockchain

>Konosuba, Grimgar and Smartphone are similar at all in either mood or execution