Why does Sup Forums hate this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums hates the normalfag weeb community that decided to turn him into a meme for no reason.

Success breeds jealousy

One must hate someone, user. Human nature

He speaks the truth.

Because he succeeded in the industry and has the insight and experience to critique everything that they love in a manner thats unassailable by industry outsiders.

Can't beat the idea, hate the man.

he just makes pretentious films that normalfaggots enjoy. To be honest, I don't hate him at all. Just his tryhard audience that think they're above anime. It extends to the Monogatari audience too.

>pretentious films
what

He makes family-friendly content and shits on non-family content because he is too bored.

He hates the status quo of Anime right now. Hell mods delete threads if you dare to criticize moe shit and other garbage in the industry.

>pretentious films
Elaborate

T.Pleb brainlet

He's the sort of man that would suck all fun and joy out of everything that crosses his path if it doesn't fit his exact specifications of what is acceptable.

Truly the worst type of man. That he has made good movies doesn't excuse his horrid personality.

Because hes right.

Based Anime Kinographer.
He BTFO'd fat otaku virgins. Take a guess why it bothers Sup Forums.

I don't hate him. I just dislike his movies.

He's also a pedo. There's no reason for me to watch any of his commercial trash. It's just boring. I'm not a child so I don't really understand why people talk about his movies on here.

Memes. The majority of what half of Sup Forums who hate him credit him with thinking is based on nothing but misinformation.

>He hates the status quo of Anime right now
Also this he's a god damn hypocrite. All his movies are literally the same yet pretends to 'hate the status quo'

Way too good

>I'm not a child so I don't really understand why people talk about his movies on here.
A vast majority of the shows Sup Forums talks about have children as a sizable, if not majority, demographic.

>All his movies are literally the same yet pretends to 'hate the status quo'

What? I feel like Miyazaki is definitely overrated relative to others in the industry who are just as good if not better but his style is pretty unique compared to just about any seasonal shit.

>but it's unique
It's not 'unique' all his movies are the same.

>a vast majority of shows
You couldn't be more wrong. Continue watching literal children's movies though. Nobody is stopping you from eating baby food and shitting in your diaper either.

The funny thing is his films are generally thematically and creatively far more mature than any of the shows that poster would consider "adult". He is the same guy that shows up in ever Miyazaki thread thinking that calling something for children is an insult.

Eyebrows

>The funny thing is his films are generally thematically and creatively far more mature
The things you people come up with to justify watching LITERAL disney children's movies gets my noggin jogging.

>thinking that calling something for children is an insult.

It's probably the easiest way to feign maturity so you can't blame him.

Learn about the dark legend that surrounds the Totoro movie.

If it's true then he is probably a very bad person.

I dont even watched any of his movies, but he said a lot of wise things.

Literal Disney children's movies are generally far more creatively and thematically mature than your average late night seasonal anime.

Right. Just a minute. Gotta put some babyfood in the microwave while I refresh my diaper while I /t/orrent the latest /mlp/ season.

>claims to despise people who like little girls
>later we find out he himself likes little girls

And people wonder why he's hated.

I actually don't even know. The man acts like almost every other elder out there; cranky, bitter, tired, and wanting the familiar past back.

Nope

He's making his livelihood of it though. He's also a 'feminist'. Gotta love the guy.

Yep.

Was there a real source for that?

>You couldn't be more wrong
Yeah, he should have said for man children.

>people actually thinking the disney children movies they watch have depth

I'm not watching children's movies though. I do think we know who the manchildren are itt.

a) contrarianism
b) he rightfully criticizes the garbage they watch and their shit lifestyles
c) he doesn't put tits and ass in his movies for them to cum to

In my experience most of the hate just comes from misconception, like if you actually read the things the guy says so little of the "anime hating old man" persona shows up you have to wonder if it's all born from that fake quote that went viral.

Watch a single one of his movies and try to count all the sexualized girls. Then count how many of them are about 5 years old. If your answer is 100% I think that suffices as proof.

Literally all three of your statements are wrong.

A dubious magazine article with a dubious quote from person saying they once heard Miyazaki drunkenly shout something.

He's alright, has excellent taste in loli and all of his girls are cute and sexy, I loved every single panty shot. Kiki is the cutest, and was the childhood crush of a whole generation, me included.

Show me one single image of a 5 year old girl being sexualised in his movies.

>all the sexualized girls
Huh? At most, the bloomers show.

You have gotta be fucked in the head to interpret anything in his movies as sexualization

He killed anime

I don't hate him, but I do hate the huge community that constantly shitposts with his quotes and images, you know "ANIME WAS A MISTAKE xD," "lol anime is trash and I am too" etc.

If you are a normalfag and don't understand the moe behind the scene, you are just call the scene innocent and pure, which is not wrong at all, there's literally nothing wrong with cutelewd loli.

I don't watch his movies.

Why do you watch children's movies and have the audacity to call adult males watching more complex cartoons children? I just don't understand.

Yeah because those scenes are necessary for the movie. And they totally do not present a running theme throughout his flicks.

Sup Forums hates anything that tries to be more than moeshit and brainless action.

Every anime ever made is basically a kids cartoon. No need to act so high and mighty just because you watch cartoons aimed at slightly older kids.

they're not really pretentious but his fans are, and you're spot on about their attitude

1:30 is the average miyazaki fan
youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI

He critiques the anime industry for it's unethical business practices, artists in the industry for not working hard enough to produce high quality masterpieces, and the audience for consuming such low quality works. Before anyone says anything, no Dragonball, One Piece, and Gundam doesn't past Miyazaki's test because despite their iconic status, they are merchandise driven and mass produced commercialized products with no heart or message in their stories.

>Why do you watch children's movies and have the audacity to call adult males watching more complex cartoons children? I just don't understand.
Why are you taking it so personally? It's all just anime at the end of the day.

>reee moeshit
and that's why Sup Forums hates fans like you, every single normalfag fan of Ghibli movies acts like acondescending retard. Miyasaki girls are increndibly moe, every otaku that loves cute young girls enjoy his movies.

>I don't watch his movies
>but I will critique them anyway
Sup Forums in a nut shell

I wonder what's Miyazaki's opinion on One Piece manga as manga artist, not anime director.

Why do you people continue to argue with the guy who admits he doesn't watch Miyazaki movies?

>every anime is for kids
Why do people like you even post. Just because all YOU do is watch Children's movies. For LITERAL children doesn't mean every anime is for kids.

I'm not taking it personally. Notice how I'm talking in the third person? I'm just saying you said something stupid and I asked if you realized that

Well normalfags don't usually watch 100+ anime, so when they see Miyazaki and compare it with something like Bleach or shonen then it's understandable they would prefer Miyazaki.

Huh? I can't critique his movies because I haven't seen every damn frame of every damn movie of his? They're all the same. They're dull, propaganda, feature boring conflicts, all are the same shitty commercialized trash. They're poorly written. Just boring to watch. Why wouldn't I be allowed to critique them?

Too many people on this site have a disorder that prevents them from not rabidly leaping into an argument when the chance arises, no matter how pointless

You can critique whatever you want but don't expect people to take you seriously if you haven't even seen what you're critiquing.

Kiki is a miracle.

Anime doesn't magically get better the deeper you delve.

He remains preferable at 1000+.

He is to anime, same as jack thompson is to video games

Shitty analogy which is exactly what you'd expect from a Sup Forumstard

I think he compares favourably to almost everything though.

I honestly have no idea and gonna guess that's it's going to be negative since Oda's work is too juvenile for his taste. He wants anime to be more upscale and classy like Lupin.

Yeah, but some moe doesn't mean that 90% of the anime should be about cute girls doing nothing and shitty harem with a bunch of bitches sucking a beta's cock.

Lupin and the gang are better than Luffy and the strawhats desu.

oh, this thread is indeed making me hate Miyazaki by association, both people that are fanatic for him and hate him are retarded

So you're saying I need to have seen every frame of every movie of his? I'm sure you've missed quite a few by merely blinking

I agree, but I do think anime gets better the deeper someone goes, to an extent. The deepest thing a casualfag may ever be exposed to is re;zero - flavor of the year. They'll probably never bother getting to something like Kino or NHK.

Classy like Lupin? You mean the original Monkey Punch Lupin or the anime neutered one? Anyway, disregarding One Piece for being juvenile is juvenile on its own, so I don't find this guess satisfactory.

Good thing I just dislike his movies and don't hate the actual guy. If I had a daughter and lived in Japan I would probably more wary of the guy but I heard he takes boat-trips to fulfill his sexual deviancies in places where it's legal so even then it wouldn't bother me too much.

I'm a normie and I've seen both of those, dig deeper if you want to make your taste seem exclusive.
>inb4 he cites Angel's Egg

You think Kino's Journey or Welcome to the NHK can even hold a candle to one of Miyazaki's movies?

>NHK
>deep
Even Bleach is deeper than that. But I think it's safe to say that people shitting on Bleach and comparing it Miyazaki are retarded to begin with. They watch Miyazaki after all.

Yes user, because every anime that you don't like is exactly like what you described. Thanks for more generalization, you don't sound like an asshat at all.

As someone that loves the lighthearted nature of his work and understands that a story don't need to be "mature" or pretentiously deep to be good, I will never understand people like you, since it's pretty much because of these movies that I learned to enjoy slife-of-life and light comedy.

>pretending Miyazaki movies are lit

I'd argue Kino's Journey as a whole does, definitely.
I'm saying it's said 'better' not 'deeper'. It's only deeper in it's relative obscurity.

Well most normies haven't. And if degree of exclusivity were a determinant for what's better then we would end up like most of Sup Forums.

I won't press you but that's a pretty out there take. Didn't realize people rated Kino that highly. To each their own I guess.

Just because One Piece is popular with the general audience, it doesn't automatically mean that Miyazaki will like it. He'll hate it for the same reason he hated Gundam: It's mass produced and consumer driven.

>children's movies you can't differentiate from eachother are better than Bleach
Never in a million years old man.

Doesn't Lupin have like a raped lady in the first episode? I couldn't really watch past the first 3 episodes. It was so poorly written it had to be for children. But then there were tits so I was just confused. Isn't it safe to say Miyazaki doesn't actually watch any anime and he just talks shit about them?

I like Bleach and all, but it became the standard shonen once Kubo started the SS arc and then it went downhill from there.

Because he hates what Sup Forums loves: otaku pandering

Bleach is not perfect by any means. But it sure as hell is better than any Miyazaki movie.

>children's movies you can't differentiate from eachother
That's quite a reduction, man. Have you even watched them?

That's the thing: I'm not talking about anime, which I'm sure he would despise, but the manga. He should be able to relate, having written and drawn a number of stories. And even then, I don't think his opinion on it would be a binary like/don't like scenario. Let's not forget his movies had more or less the same target audience.

>Didn't realize people rated Kino that highly.
If you'd been around here more than a week you would have.

Why do you hate his movies so much, user? Other than they're 'boring' or 'political'.

The encapsulation of "Old man yells at cloud"

What I meant to say was, I didn't realize people had such astonishingly shitty taste that they could mention the garish, aesthetic abortion of introductory level philosophy that is Kino's Journey in the same breath as one of Japan's greatest filmmakers. They're not even comparable. Next you'll compare, what, Game of Thrones with Orson Welles?

>Bleach is not perfect by any means. But it sure as hell is better than any Miyazaki movie.
Disagree.

They're literally all the same. They do nothing to break the status quo, they're all commercialized disneyfied movies for literal children. Any actual arguments or no?

I didn't ask for a child to agree with me. You watch your children's movies while eating your baby food and soiling your diaper. In a decade or so you might finally comprehend bleach.

Because he made actual good animes with a well scripted story and nice animations.
All Sup Forums cares about are lolis and shitty ecchi clishees with a poor story.