Nasu Kinoko's interpretation of Utena

wakameparadise.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/nasu-ikuhara/ Interesting stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kvWaAg5m
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I’ve always liked crossdressing girls and crossdressing boys

Oh Nasu,

Wow, he did not get Utena at all which explains a lot of his writing

>I’ve met Ikuhara-san before, and I asked him “How do you share your vision?!”, to which he answered, “Well, I just can?”
Based

wew

>Those repeating scenes were a lot of fun. Once I began writing scripts for anime, I understood even more clearly how amazing that structure was.
Oh it shows, Nasu, it shows.

Interesting statement, could you elaborate? It's been like five years since I watched Utena but it mostly made sense to me.

Why is nasu interviewed about Ikuhara? Are they going to work together? Is Ikuhara shilling for a new project?

I don't understand.

He seems to have a good grasp of it.
YKA being about gay people specifically, on the other hand, is just dumb on his part.

FSN is a notorious ripoff.
Utena = Shirou
Akio = Archer
Anthy = Sakura
It even references some cosmetic aspects, such ad the dark skin and purple hair.

>Since I’m a man, the fact of the heroine who had protected her chastity up until that point suddenly having sex with Akio-san—didn’t inspire much of an unpleasant feeling in me, actually.

Nasu gets interviewed often, and it's not rare that he gets invited to pre screenings of anime.
He also doesn't write much anymore, and just enjoys vidya and animu.

I'm more annoyed by his arrogance. He really does has the mindset of creating "art" when he's writing otaku shlock. He's literally the anti-urobuchi. How are they still friends is beyond me.

What blows my mind again and again is the impact Gainax had on the current wave of otaku creators. It basically made them what they are.

I don't think we an equivalent of Gainax now. I can't imagine what future otaku creators will be like.

I know but this is wildly specific. Usually these sort of interviews have a purpose behind them. Some sort of collaboration maybe? Who knows.

Nasu confirmed female and bad liar.

>I don't think we an equivalent of Gainax now
kyoani

>urobuchi

>tfw Nasu cosplayed as Saber is getting railed by Takeuchi as we speak

>I think there are two types of creators: the type who focus all their affection on the next child once their first child becomes independent, and the type who want to care for their child until they die, because that’s their child. I’m the latter.

> If it had to be between Yang and Reinhard, I think I’d be Yang.

>Nasu: You’re asking what I’d have Director Ikuhara make for me if I was a rich oil magnate?

TM x Ikuhara confirmed (I hope).

Who?

Sadly this is true.

Urobuchi knows he's making B grade stuff of things he loves. He even wrote 3 doujins for the stuff he likes.
Nasu thinks he's writing art, it's really an interesting dichotomy for me.

huh?

May as well leave this here too.

pastebin.com/kvWaAg5m

Nasu/Terada talk

Probably because of Utena's influence on HF and CCC (especially), and he's just a big fan of Ikuhara in general.

Fuck off ANN

>Nasu outright says there was no inspiration on Anthy for FSN but only for Tsukuhime and Kohaku
>user talks bullshit without reading the interview

What a pleb. Nasu-san has such shit taste.

Every otaku his age is a big fan of Ikuhara, next thing you'll tell me he's a huge fan of Devileman and Berserk.

Mostly referring to HF being a what-if, not its cast. Also, there's more to Fate than its shitty VN.

>he doesn't know
Nasu is a gay man. Also he's probably in love with Takeuchi, but Takeuchi is straight.

Utena servant soon.

Takeuchi wants to fuck Saber.

What a hero

Rani might be an Anthy reference though.

>Nasu thinks he's writing art
Except he's not?

>Nasu isn't a literal beta waifufagging self-insert cuck
Good for him.

He says he doesn't take inspiration for the story because the style is way different, but he does says he took inspiration on the visuals for CCC.

What's wrong with the writing?