Kakegurui

So what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

goboiano.com/japans-20-must-watch-summer-2017-anime-at-the-midpoint/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They didn't follow true with the giant alien mecha plotline

I don't think much has gone wrong tbqh. It doesn't need to cater to everyone and people who like it like it

Netflix.

The manga

e-celebs and followers

They're trying too hard

crossborders who parrot e-celebs

buht muh daddys attick told me it's objectively bad

what happened with it (no spoilerino)

Did something go wrong? It meets up what I expected, it clearly wasn't going to be Kaiji nor did I wanted it to be.

do you feel like it could be better?

Not enough of pic related getting violated by the entire male student body. Including the MC.

>Fucking boardgames and shit
>Everyone cheats so there's no "smart" gambling or anything like that
>LOL LOOK AT THIS SILLY REACTION FACE I'M MAKING ALL THE TIME
It feels like half the time the show is just riding on these shitty overreacting faces.. Also plot armor, no real danger, highly unrealistic setting (lol high schoolers with a shit ton of cash) and so forth.

Yeah probably, if the stakes were higher it would add more weight to the show.
Still, the complain I keep seeing about the actual gambling being shit doesn't personally bother me, mostly because I don't give fuck about gambling as an activity. They could be playing yugioh for all I care and I'd still watch the show.

So Akagi but with rape faces instead of noses.

honestly I think if it were about yugioh it would have been amazing

>It feels like half the time the show is just riding on these shitty overreacting faces
Not seeing the problem here.

Terrible.

So what exactly do you want? A realistic setting? Or higher stakes?

In what world do you live in where high schoolers gambling their lives is considered more realistic than just being affluent and throwing money away like it's nothing?

Sounds to me like typical bullshit from people who hate things that are even remotely popular.

post the webm

The problem is Reddit trying to be intellectual about anime.

What happened? Did some youtubers hate on it?

But the tripfags on Twitter like it.

the objectively correct maama basement made a video comparing it to kaiji despite it not trying to be the same thing

That's generally the reason why people hate on or like anime on Sup Forums these days, so yes.

I want to break this smile with my dic

some idiot on youtube made a video about how kakegurui is bad as a "gambling anime" and compared it to kaiji and akagi

it was pretty retarded since it was a fairly shallow comparison

Ahh thats why i see less people talking about it. People cant form their own opinion anymore.

I already read the manga and didnt like because it was repetitive

Looks like that youtuber is trying to SHILL his channel to get some views aka you.

Fuck off. Nobody on Sup Forums gives a shit about youtube anime reviews.

goboiano.com/japans-20-must-watch-summer-2017-anime-at-the-midpoint/

>e-celeb forms an opinion
>It affects majority opinion
Fuck that shit. Even if he's right that kakegurui isn't a good gambling anime, that doesn't change that it's a good anime. Or at least a fun one.

Fuck the people who hate on shit because it's suddenly cool to hate it. Just like how everyone suddenly decided SAO is the worst thing ever when Digibro roasted it even though it's average at best (yet where are all the folks giving Isekai Smartphone the same treatment? Oh, right, no e-celeb has declared Smartphone season yet).

??

r/flatearth is that way bud, i was just answering his question

sage

Maybe the whole show is the problem

She too rich.

>Nobody on Sup Forums gives a shit about youtube anime reviews
Pretty sure most kiddies here watch them

No one gives a fuck about Smartphone because it's not popular. Pretty sure everyone already knows it's terrible.

I got no idea who that is and dont know any e celebs but sao was pretty horrible passed 12

No alien dice puking!

We need gorespam then, 7 years without it has been too long. Or maybe not, it might be too tame for kids nowadays.

>No one gives a fuck about Smartphone because it's not popular.
In other words, they're viewbaiting.

Yeah, true. But the first arc was mediocre. It had horrible, horrible flaws but it doesn't deserve to be listed up there with the worst anime that ever existed. In my personal opinion, it's mostly how that arc ended that retroactively makes it horrible. The most common complaint is about Kirito being Jesus-kun but that's not the case for as long as you believe that Heathcliff is actually a player, and that there may be more players on his level.
You could at that point justify Kirito being relatively OP as him just styling on noobs and then stumbling his way into the big leagues. Turns out the only guy who can match him is the fucking main villain.

Nothing
The show is great

Test

We need the IRC Crew back

E-celeb opinion is irrelevant
It's not like people will talk less about kakegurui because of one retard's opinion

What will happen to her if she loses a bet that forces her to never gamble again? Would it mindbreak her?

>mentioning subreddits
Why don't you just go back

>Instantly back tracks his point from good to "fun"

t. Nagi

they wouldn't have become e-celebs if people do find them irrelevant

Not him but maybe it's just you.

>the guy who bashed this anime on youtube is also the same guy who claimed Kemono Friends is the worst anime of all time and wont be a massive success, aswell as claiming that Re:Creators will be an anime classic like Cowboy Bebop
>people on this board praise his opinions like its The Word

But Kaiji and Akagi are the best of the best for the medium when it comes to gambling.

If you think Kakegurui even comes close to them then all you really care about is wasted resources and looking for shows that compliment your shit taste.

OOOOOOHHHHHH!

>the irc brigade is trying to claim some random nameless dipshit streamer on youtube matters at all

you have to go back to Sup Forums - e-celeb culture

Kakegurui was never trying to be either of those shows aside form being an anime that involves gambling.

Nice thumbnail, faggot.

This.
Why the fuck is eceleb shit involved now?
Do people need an approval from some stranger in order to form their own opinion?

Well what is it trying to be then?
A anime with tension? It can't be since there is no danger to speak of and the MC will certainly never have anything impactful happen to her
A anime which is trying to be dark and different? Not really since it will never show anything of that manner since it will alienate a large Japanese market.
A anime with girl and odd faces you can use? I guess, if it's nothing more than casual fun where you know its never going to go anywhere and only the characters can carry it, as flat as they are.

Hopefully it just allows people to see what the topic can really do in other shows.

>Re:Creators will be an anime classic
There's no way someone actually believes that

Hello YouTubeFaggot

You can say the same thing for people who are getting mad at people being critical and they just claim it's people from that person.

If you're that defensive over a show maybe there is a problem.

"Having seen NGNL, Kaiji, and i'm up to date in both the Kakegurui manga and anime. I completely disagree. Kakegurui isn't trying to be Kaiji. It's taking the gambling anime formula and turning it on it's head. There is no underpowered protagonist with extremely high stakes working to pay off his debt and live a good life. It's about filthy rich people with huge egos being crushed and ruined. It's about characters that are bat shit insane who cheat to make their living, and fall due to their arrogance. So no, it's not a good "Gambling" anime in the traditional sense. It's something completely different with gambling as a central theme."

For every cluster of people pretending to be retards on the internet, there has to be an actual retard to counterbalance this; so yes, there is someone who actually believes that.

Then why even use the formula to begin with?
"Egos" mean nothing since there are no stakes, the person can always recover from a loss. It's the same as constantly having ex-machinas the show has no impact.

It's not trying to "turn it on it's head" it's doing something easy with little commitment and high rewards from it's audience.

It's just a fun little show with a few reaction images, nothing more nothing less. Sadly it won't fix how easy Japan gets baited.

I was going to watch it but the faces creep me out desu

They're supposed to.

I'll give it that then.

The games in Akagi are good, involve strategy, people almost never cheat (and when they do it's interesting and involves strategy) and the silly reaction faces are replaced by good writing.

>"Egos" mean nothing since there are no stakes, the person can always recover from a loss. It's the same as constantly having ex-machinas the show has no impact.
user.
You do know how stupid you sound, yes?

The guy in question made a near half an hour rant video about how smart Re:Creators is and how everyone calling it the shit that it is are too stupid to see how intelligent and meta the show is

The anime

Wat

What about Asterisk

>being so butthurt about how another anime isn't your precious kaiji you actually make a thread to complain about it because no one pays any attention when you complain in the actual Kakegurui threads
This is so sad

Honestly, with the way the show is, I wish they'd have gone even more over the top when it comes to Yumeko's interactions. As in, make Yumeko even more insane.

>Ctrl-F
>Kaiji
>6 results
Surprisingly not dramatic. I'm proud of you fags.

That's all Kakegurui threads in a nutshell: People fighting to either defend this show for being not!Kaiji or bash this show for being not!Kaiji
Not like the situation would be better when the next episode comes. The Idol arc is fucking shit.

This was a perfect chance to have an anime about sex and bets...

What?

No one banged Mary.

Fucking disgusting

It was over hyped.

any good doujin of this series?

Wait what's happening?

Is this her face when in front of family?

I only suck digi's dick, no idea who your talking about

So what if it's not good gambling anime? In the first place what's the point of watching something you're not enjoying, if you're having fun it's all that matters.

People think it's bad because it isn't Kaiji.

I can't read Japanese

This

user I don't think she has a family

Who the fuck is the mystery youtuber everyone keeps bringing up? Why the hell do we care? Neo-Sup Forums sucks.

>>fucking boardgames and shit
omg that sounds so bad!1

>>Everyone cheats so there's no "smart" gambling or anything like that
I actually found this part interesting. Even if it comes off as a bit of an asspull, I do enjoy seeing Yumeko explain how she pieced her way through her opponent's game of choice.
>>LOL LOOK AT THIS SILLY REACTION FACE I'M MAKING ALL THE TIME
Fair point. I've always thought of it as an odd stylistic choice more than anything else.
>>Highly unrealistic setting
Why is this even a problem? Would you really be more satisfied with the setting if the author explicitly mentioned that everyone's parents were either sufficiently uninvolved in their kid's lives to care about high stakes betting or rich enough to let them do as they wish?

And for the rest of what you said, just let the damn thing unfold dude. If you're that turned off by not feeling like Yumeko stands a real chance of losing in the middle of the series, drop it. The whole point is for Yumeko to gamble with the president. They made that clear at the beginning.

>It's just a fun little show with a few reaction images, nothing more nothing less
No one really said otherwise until some faggot came along because it got too popular. Threads were comfy before shillers started spamming their "what went wrong" shit implying that anything ever did.

>youtubers
Might as well talk about peoples 'MAL accounts' and their 'Gaia online scores'.

Whoop de doo, Akagi did everything stated there whilst not throwing any of the interesting tensions of a gambling show.

Is this real?

That's an omake from Kakegurui Midari, it represents Mariya Ise doing her role as Ikishima, that's why she doesn't have any piercings in that moe face

The way they present the cheating in Akagi is as if its part of the rules, because if you fall for it, you deserve it.