Why did everyone turn fucking gay in 2 years? What is this fucking homo garbage, I didn't sign up for this shit

Why did everyone turn fucking gay in 2 years? What is this fucking homo garbage, I didn't sign up for this shit.

This, i dropped it at episode 11

If you are busy being a homosexual you aren't killing people

They all become straight again at the end.

This, remember kids: teen heterosexuality kills

It's just fujopandering. Goes away after that episode basically. The show remains shit from beginning to end, though.

In a society where everyone has the potential to become a magic murder monster it's a lot safer to get everyone's melodramatic teen romance phase out of the way in a manner where no accidental babbies can be made.

More importantly why was episode 5 such a low quality shitfest?

Bonobo genetics. Did you even watch it?

Its almost like you dont understand the social engineering practices to prevent unchecked breeding in a future society of demigods

>It's just fujopandering.
No, it isn't.

>Turn gay
Everyone was Bi from the beginning. Saki already experience with women and boys as a kid.

Everyone is bisexual in SSY and free sex is encouraged.

Sup Forums was right again.

1. Watch the show again and pay attention this time. They spell it out for you very clearly why.
2. They're bisexual, not gay. Literally every human in the show is except Mamoru. Most kids enter same-sex relationships in their horny teenage years because they can fuck without the risk of pregnancy, which is important since births are heaving regulated and disobeying the rules could literally get you killed.

Incorrect. Saki pines after Maria her entire life, and in the novel Saki and Satoru have sex while mutually fantasizing about fucking Shun.

It's actually pretty critical of homosexuality if you think about it. It paints it as an unnatural thing society engineered into people and equates it with being out of control.

This show is amazing and if you dropped it because of one guy-on-guy kiss you are literally a mouthbreathing faggot.

Their memories got reset/tampered. It goes away quickly.

>2017
>not being a sexual libertarian, inclusive of all other people and opinions, except of people whose opinions you don't like
You are a neonazi who drives a charger, aren't you.

>Bonobo genetics.
But that's retarded. Bonobos have sex all the time to reinforce their bonds and liberate tension, but they still suffer stress and are actually quite aggressive towards each other, just comparatively less than chimps and humans. Female coalitions for example target a male and bite him or periodically harrass him if he tries to upset the hierarchies. If the show wanted to go for something semi-plausible, they could have just said that the production of stress hormones and neurotransmissors associated with violence were bioengineered to be reduced to a certain tresshold. That works much bettter than the repeated hypnosis and "Bonobo genetics" the show implemented.

I think the "everyone is bi" was either fanservice, or simply the author not doing his/her homework.

>Why did everyone turn fucking gay in 2 years?
Did you even watch the show?

/thread

Nothing remotely close to this happens. What the fuck are you talking about?

>Saki pines after Maria her entire life

This is a lie, she pines after Shun

Also Satoru gets over Shun pretty fast after he fully falls for Saki after the 10 year timeskip

This show destroyed my dick. Even that gay tongue stuff, and I'm not even gay.

I agree that she pines after Shun, but Satoru does too, he never seems to get over it

Are you saying they are able to genetically modify the people but unable to selectively eliminate unwanted behaviors or breed them out like they've been doing for apparently hundreds of years?

>Saki pines after Maria her entire life
Stupid faggot.
She clearly pines after Shun in her entire life

is a brave world reference, you faggots

Just a friendly reminder that he did nothing wrong.

its not fair

See the thing with Japan is they don't traditionally view homosexuality like the west. While the west viewed it in religious terms as a sin, in Japan it was viewed as fake love to practice for the real thing. This is just enforcing that cultural view via genetic engineering.

retard it's fujobaiting, japan doesn't care

Whats wrong fuckboy? Did your weewee tingle when seeing two boys kiss lmao

This shit show really disappointed me. At first I thought it would be some mystery stuff and a bit spooky at times but I couldn't give 2 shits about fucking rat people.

>pseudo utopia
>outbursts of violence are genetically engineered to be of a sexual nature
>people fucking each other to vent frustration
>Having a partner is massively encouraged for mental health

My only complaint is the lack of greek style 3-day long orgies. Otherwise the topic is handled

This show is the biggest pleb filter of the 2010s
Prove me wrong

They needed them in relationships to keep them under control but they didn't want them to fuck around and make crazy babies

It's a depiction of a dysfunctional society based around comfort-mating.
Combine this with the scene where saki says they're not bonobos.
I think the show is trying to tell us that it's wrong to act like human beings are bonobos. We have unique and complex needs that transcend mere base instincts, we need justice, we need law, we need to feel exalted in everything we do because we are, in some sense, gods, and not bonobos.
The show is actually very brilliant in how it handles childhood development, showing the characters going through all of these things while young and not really understanding any of it but still somewhat innocent somewhat pure. But then fast forward, they are older now, somehow everything went to shit, they still don't understand what's going on but they know something's not right, something's fucked bad and if it weren't for all that shit they saw years ago they'd be none the wiser.
The psychic powers are a motif externalizing this notion of human development. We all develop similarly with regard to motor skills and academics etc. But in order to emphasize this idea you need a different representation for it otherwise it would not stand out to the viewer on a conceptual level. This is a common literary technique; to take some aspect of human beings that we typically overlook and give it an external analogue to make the reader see it as new when he would otherwise never have noticed it.

Being this insecure.

Mouse utopia experiment.
Sort of relevant to behaviour in the show

Anyone read the author's other works?
Reading 天使の囀り

SSY is a litmus test for plebs. Complaining about the gays is one way to know you didn't pass. I being a degenerate society that acts like fucking bonobos was the whole point, in case you didn't notice you're supposed to grow increasingly suspicious and disliking of their society and how it works.

I hate that these threads always seem to start with this image. It always leads to shitposting and not actual discussion. Fuck you OP

delete this

Stop that please.

fuck you, sqealer was the best part of the show. everything to do with the PK society faggots was boring

>Also Satoru gets over Shun pretty fast after he fully falls for Saki after the 10 year timeskip
The first time they have sex, Satoru thinks of Shun.

Adult Satoru is still in love with Shun too.

>fujobaiting
Do people even know what fujobait is?

>SSY is a litmus test for plebs. Complaining about the gays is one way to know you didn't pass. I being a degenerate society that acts like fucking bonobos was the whole point, in case you didn't notice you're supposed to grow increasingly suspicious and disliking of their society and how it works.
The show never says homosexuality is wrong, tho. If anything Maria's love for Saki (and vice vera) and Satoru's love for Shun are portrayed as totally normal and on the same level as other heterosexual feelings.

If I remember correctly, later in the show, they say that their society is oversexualized beacause its easier to control them this way.

>a fucking leaf
everytime

Just because it isn't hamfisted and shoved in your face like they do with messages in shonen anime doesn't mean it isn't there.

I wish I lived in that society. At least I would get laid.

It didn't work out so great for Mamoru.

He got laid though.

>>Sup Forums

They don't want the teens to fuck until it can be controlled, see what happens at the end of the series when a "unregistered" child is born

I am ok with the gay, but what I am not ok with is the monogamy, for I think it is that that is more prone to lead to resentment that would lead to dangerous shit. bonobos are not only promiscuous, but they are also polygamous. their whole spiel works because of the polygamy.

Shoujo show dude.

Stopped by to disprove this claim, because I knew it would come up, and I'm sick of seeing it.

Bonobos fuck about everything. They fuck anyone for any reason. Bonobos do not have monogamous homosexual relationships. Putting every single character into a monogamous relationship with someone of the same sex has nothing to do with the bonobo thing. If they wanted that to be the explanation, all of the characters should have been polyamorous and bisexual. There was no explanation for literally every character except one turning gay and still maintaining monogamous relationships. It was just for shock value/fujobux, and it was a sleazy move.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Everyone is bisexual in SSY and free sex is encouraged.

Did you even watch the show? Heterosexual relationships are strictly forbidden up until the "coming of age" ceremony; afterwards you are expected to be heterosexual, while being homosexual is considered childish at that age.
If you have sex with the opposite gender during adolescence you'll be put to death.

Nah, you'd be the ones of the first for cat chow.

Considering how incredibly jealous and envious humans are by nature I can't see polygamy ever working out.

Came here to post this.

>in 2 years

but you have to remember that these humans are genetically modified with bonobo genes in such a way that they would be more promiscuous like bonobos, but the reason such a thing works in bonobos is because of the polygamy.

>fujopandering.
Look at the retard and laugh.

Humans cannot do polygamy. We just can't. We aren't built for that shit and tying to enforce it just strains human relationships to the point where people fall into depression or go nuts from jealousy and insecurity. Polygami has never fucking worked unless there was someone with a definite lead over the others in the relationship (the "legal wife") or the ones involved didn't give two shits about each other outside of sex, which isn't healthy for a society no matter how you look at it.

read

>Did you even watch the show?
Yes, I also read the novel. Free sex is permitted, re-read the false minoshiro. You can get married only heterosexually, but nothing is said about HAVING to get married and having children.

>If you have sex with the opposite gender during adolescence you'll be put to death.
Nope, there are rumors about it, but nothing concrete is said. They give girls vaginal checks every once in a while, but Saki loses her hymen at 16 and she still survive.

>t was just for shock value/fujobux, and it was a sleazy move.
>le fujobux
>In a book
>The series has more Yuri sex than Yaoi one
Okey.

>“The book ‘Toward a Society of Love’ lists three steps. The first was to have frequent physical contact like hand-holding, hugging, and cheek-kissing. The second step was to encourage such contact between the opposite as well as the same sex from childhood to puberty. They wanted to make it a habit to use sexual play, and the ensuing orgasms, to dispel tensions between people. And the third step was to encourage free sex among mature humans. Of course, convenient and reliable contraceptives would be needed.”
>And the third step was to encourage free sex among mature humans.

>mfw there are people who actually think it was fan service
And I suppose the ghost in the shell intro cinematic was otaku pandering as well?

It was clearly trying to make a point of how fucked up homosexuality is. As well as how social alienation works both ways, mamoru is alienated because he's hetero and so on.
While this may have been true prior to the 17th and 18th centuries it is not today. After the missionary efforts to japan homosexuality was seen as equally bad in japan as it was in the west. But fast forward to the present and homosexuality is literally accepted in the west while in japan it remains relatively unacceptable.
Maybe you guys don't read as much into it because you don't see homosexuality as being that weird. I can tell some of you guys are at least bi just by how you are viewing the whole thing.
If you view homosexuality as a literal disorder then the motif has a more powerful meaning. But if you're already desensitized then it will look fairly neutral. I don't think it's neutral at all though, it's definitely trying to say something against homosexuality.

To be honest, the first half of the show is a blur for me. The only bits of it that caught my attention were the moles and their clan wars. The part where that guy and girl who barely talked to each other fuck due to stress was pretty unnerving too, liked that part.

But god, forget the rest of the first half
>bloo bloo gay drama
>bloo bloo really obvious allegory for depression
>woah all these kids are disappearing, jeez what could possibly be happening hmmm

>It's a depiction of a dysfunctional society based around comfort-mating.
>Combine this with the scene where saki says they're not bonobos.
It's not necessarily dysfunctional. In fact, their society is very functional. Their love society model is just a tool to avoid conflict, seeing how they're always preyed upon by their Jungian shadowselves. Saki declaring that they're not bonobos is her just denying her programming, which, again, isn't inherently evil or socially dysfunctional.

Calhoun's behavioural sink, while interesting, is irrelevant to this show. Also, mindless extrapolations of experiments done in mice are not necessarily predictive of human behaviour. We have spiritual and intellectual necessities that no other animal has, user.

They were genetically modified with bonobo genes? I don't remember this. I thought it was all just one big sociological experiment.

>thread is still up
What I meant is that the anime plays the Bonobo-like sexual interaction and periodical hypnosis as the way this dystopia handles not only aggression, but the the mere presence of stress in order to avoid the aparition of mentally deranged espers. The part that stretches my suspension of disbilief, is that this society that can give humans psychic powers and completely dominates genes splicing should be be able to simply remove aggresion completely by means of genetic engineering. Logically speaking, they should also be able to minimize stress by way of autoregulated physiologicasl mechanisms put in place by genetic modification. They don't need the Bonobo genes or the hypnosis.

Like some other people have said, this sexual behavioral feature of their society was likely put in place as an allegory to something else, like so many other sci fi works tend to do, but the author ended up inadvertedly creating a plothole given their level of technology. I'm not saying that this ruins the whole story or something pedantic like that, but it's all but inevitable that a sci-fi work has logical incongruences arising like that.

>They were genetically modified with bonobo genes
yes it was brought up in one of the earlier episodes in which saki was captured and then she felt sexual arousal due do to the stress. it was then pointed out that this was due to genetic modification(or earlier I forget since it has been a while since I seen this anime).

>genetics
Weren't those just behavioral patterns that they copied and not genetic manipulations though?

>my friend
>implying I idintified with rats and not psychers

>he identified with ayy lmaos
Did you get touched by your daddy? Why do you hate humans so much?

Behavioral patterns are genetically regulated, Unless you believe in tumblr sociologist's theories.

>genetically regulated
I specifically rewatched that part when they talk about bonobos right now and they don't mention genetics in it. Only usage of ethology as one of the stepping stones, so I don't know, user.
They mention genetics only in regard to attack inhibitor and death feedback.

holy fuck shut up and keep watching you fucking dumb faggot

I don't. Things that don't look like humans aren't humans.

read having the reaction saki had is proof it is genetic and not just ethological.

there is not much else that could override such basal responses in human beings(the only thing I could think of is manualy rewiring the brain but that is a lot more work) especially in a child, or I should say, given that it is a child it is more likely that her reaction is instinctual and thus genetic.

Maybe their gene-splicing technology level is equivalent to knowing how to copy-paste code that sorta works vs actually being able to write code from scratch?
Also it wasn't all genetics, there's some hypnosis and conditioning involved.

>is proof
I still consider it more of a hypnosis part.

Jesus christ, it's amazing that the idiot filter episode is still working years later

It is tho, inasmuch as it functioned to perpetuate the lie, and stunt the development of those attributes which the main kids developed in lieu of not participating in it, even acting against it. The show ends with a loving heterosexual relationship between saki and satoru, and a baby, which saki describes as representing hope, namely the hope of a reformed village culture without the need for all that bonobo behavioral stuff.
So I mean sure it's -functional- in the strictest sense of the word. But it is also morbid, and somehow pathological, somehow narcissistic, somehow not directed towards the honest well-being of everyone involved. And this in fact qualifies it as being evil.

alright what are other possible methods can cause such a response in an individual, or in a child specifically(I bring this up so you cannot resort to the argument that she was conditioned into such a response)?

Show was decent but they were trying too hard to be 2deep4u with this gay shit.

>some hypnosis and conditioning involved.
I know, I mentioned it in my post. The point is that it's less effective than simply elminating aggression and inhibit stress response by genetic manipulation, which is something that they SHOULD be able to do, given their level of technology. I say this, because gene splicing of that magnitude is actually far more complex than regulating neurotranmissors production in a species that's actually been fairly well studied (i.e. humans). The story could have go for the complete opposite effect and have the Nu-humans be completely unemotional and highly logical (think of vulcans from Star Trek), but then the social commentary would have been completely different.

>It was clearly trying to make a point of how fucked up homosexuality is.
The show? No, it doesn't. Why would it?

hahaha

Novel specifically mention Wolves and Bonobos genome.

Anyway, you guys are reading too much into it. It's like you never read sci-fi. Homosexuality being "bad" is just a society thing. If society decides it's OK for everyone to fuck each other and encourages it, you automatically remove a lot of blocks teenagers have around it.

To add to this, people seem to forget Maria was also deeply in love with Saki and they make love multiple times through the book.

>being this insecure with your sexuality