Are there any gaijins who successfully made their manga on nipon ?

Are there any gaijins who successfully made their manga on nipon ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRKKeWph3Mk
wow-j.com/en/Allguides/other/tips_manners/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me.

Yup

no fuck off.
ShindoL is half Japanese and looks Japanese. Fuck off you fucking weab. Stop drawing manga and learn Loomis

loomis

Whats the japanese lmaoomis?

You literally don't need loomis to draw manga.

It's loomis. やさしい人物画。

There's the NGNL guy but NGNL is an LN because of complications and shit

Gets her stuff published regularly by Kadokawa

Who is she and does she translate her work in english ?

Her name is literally in that very photo.

>Translate into English.
The manga itself, no. There are several promotions where they do translate it for foreigners, though. Like the colored and VA'd series:
youtube.com/watch?v=tRKKeWph3Mk

Moomins

Fins are honorary nips.

Manga looks cute, but good lord that face.

Even their languages are related, deep in the inner workings but still.

The guy who illustrated this wasn't nip.
I think.

Pretty sure he was Filipino.

Radiant was published in Japan. Albeit, the original is in French and made in France so it's not like the guy had the full mangaka experience.

Well, that is still a foreigner.

Where can I read her stuff?

Does she translate her stuff to swedish then?

Good chance that there's a few of them here and there, but most of them probably hides behind a pen name.

>Where can I read her stuff?

If you want it translated, watch the animated ones I've linked earlier and then follow up with wow-j.com/en/Allguides/other/tips_manners/.

If you speak Japanese (her stuff isn't really that difficult to read), you can always read the stuff on her blog/pixiv, I think.
And no, she doesn't translate it into Swedish.

Not manga, but it was popular enough to the nips, it got an official dub and a manga adaptation.

got a link to her pixiv?

No Game No Life

Anyone has manga in their country ?
Because there is one here in the Philippines.

Some Western fan artists (I think all fujos for popular BL series) make fanbooks for Western cons and a fraction of that small number have their work translated by a Japanese friend and sold at Japanese cons.

title?

Loomis is really bad for learning manga, it's not Japanese art style at all.

Loomis doesn't teach you style, he teaches fundamentals.
Nip artists learn from his shit as well.

What is a good place to get french comics? they seem more Sup Forums related than Sup Forums

>"What a cute girl. Hmmm in what ways could I systematically mindbreak her in the most degrading, cruel, painful way possible? decisions decisions"

yes

brazilian author

Just search for european comics on the subject field or text field on whatever archiver archives the Sup Forums board. They used to talk about french comica that they translate to english.

That's cheating. Japanese Hues are still Nips

POP did it better.

Does this faggot look half Japanese to you?

>ShindoL is a creepy white gaijin

a few as ghostwriters. japan is one of the most racist nations on the planet, so foreigners that develop good material have a nip friend pretend they wrote it. there are a couple of popular series with this trait.

end product style is determined by technique, the tools you use (like japanese manga style is very informed by the use of mechanical pencils and ink, both almost totally not used in the west), the "fundamentals"

starting from a loomis-type basis has a very obvious input on the final style of the product

although many important japanese artists use such a model, most manga is drawn by eyeballing and mimicking other manga but changing small details to improve the cuteness or add more of a unique feel. there's no aiming for semi-realism or disney-ness or cal-arts ness

it's obvious when you look at tutorials on pixiv and compare them to tutorials on deviantart

i don't think loomis is bad but it will always give your art a western feel

Who do I learn from to get the authentic Nippon manga art feel?
I know nip so untranslated books are no problem

from authentic nippon manga art. Study panels, pages, chapters and do how the yellow man does.

Nope, nips are very racist. A foreigner artist will never succeed there except he hides behind a pen name..

I can't learn fundamentals this way, though

ARE THOSE

he looks like martin shkreli with eyeliner and a beard

Only if you asian gaijin from neighbor country.

Black ink

>fundamentals
it's a con, fundamentals are just an expression of how you are taught. drawing what you see is the only fundamental you need and all good artists will learn it regardless of the fundamentals they learn. you only "need" loomis if you want to work for disney or cartoon network or draw in the cal arts style.

how did the artistic masters learn when they were apprentices? simply they learnt by copying and copying for hours and hours a day, by creating "studies" of the style they wished to, by mimicking brush stroke by brush stroke the style of their master.

consider how east asian art was drawn in a different philosophy to the typical west painting which was focused on 'still lives' (- not all western artists. leonardo da vinci liked to draw animals he saw outside as they flew or ran in motion - try this for yourself and you see how difficult it is.)

because ink tools and painting pigments can not be easily transported and were sensitive to the wind, a print maker would go outside on a day trip, then return to his studio and draw the images of nature as he kept them in his mind. the ability to sensitively retain all the delicacies of line and atmosphere, and then render them later, is the mark of a master in this philosophy

spend less time trying to trick yourself into becoming a good artist using drawing 101 books, and much more time training your eyesight and your mind and train your arm to draw such things as you see them before you or as they feel and you will become a wise man who draws beautifully.

in conclusion, if you want to draw manga, i agree with this:

>from authentic nippon manga art. Study panels, pages, chapters and do how the yellow man does.

While the artist is japanese, Marine Corp Yumi was written by an American.

Well, if you wanna take the word of Hirohiko Araki - fundamentals are important, i.e. learning how to draw still lifes and portraits - "without these, your art will never improve".

Though you're right in a sense, that the most important thing is learning to draw what you see (and not what you think you see), learning how to breakdown objects into shapes is a rather important basic step. If you can't understand how they relate to a 3d environment and how they flow, it's very hard to be consistent in your work.

Did Dreamland get translated in Japan or in other countries ? If I remember well, it receive a pretty good attention in France.

He talk about mangaka. Thousand illustrators are not Japanese.

He can morph. An advantage of hybrids.

Araki draws semi realistic Britney Spears with musculature of course he studied Loomis.

Shindol is 100% ethnically Japanese. He just grew up in the US.

As someone who had a little formal training in the past and still dabbles, I feel like the fundamentals are something you come about by applying tools from a certain style to life drawing.
For example, anime hair is often drawn in three blocks of bangs-side-back. You can apply that same logic to a still of a real person and get realistic results.

I wish there was more cripple sex.

He makes OEL manga. I remember he was the artist of the Bakugan manga and Amazing Agent Jennifer.

Imitation manga is not manga.

It is still manga because of it's style.

>did I degrade this girl enough?

She's Japanese though, she just lives in France I think. Great series.

>gaijins
It's a mass noun you retard.

Wasn't that just novel?

The author is technically nikkeijin, though he is half sudaca

Still not really Nip at all.

Radiant by Tony Valente

Japanese art schools emphasize drawing from life too you fucking dumbasses. The artists that are skilled and the ones that are following other people's art is obvious as hell.

where did i say they didn't emphasise drawing from life? that's what i wrote

>"the ones that are following other people's art"
all artists are following other people's art

when i look at a drawing like what you linked and i don't think "yes, the western calarts meme Loomis or some other 101 drawing manual is truly the fundamental to drawing like that..."

i think he's primarily eyeballing/studying manga, drawing primarily with inks and mechanical pencils, observing, and drawing the human body and its musculature and poses directly over a long period of time, such that he is able to produce it himself in new and creative ways.

loomis and co. are not a fundamental to the manga style or drawing full stop although he is necessary in SOME cartoon styles in the west and has a broad influence beyond that. if you want to draw manga, you should study manga as well as your studies from life. that's all.

yeah

I hope not

Monty was Asian and he was the only person with talent on that entire team. Coincidence? No, definitely not.