Whole Cake Island discussion

What went wrong?

Vinsmokes won't get their comeuppance

Would be a great arc if it was short and sweet. Just let them fucking escape and be done with it. But apparently Oda is going to stretch it further.

Turning Big Mom Pirates into Big Meme Pirates. Almost everyone in her crew are jobbers

This. A lot of the melodrama in the middle should've been cut out and the wedding should've been the finale. All of the tension has gone.
Why hasn't Katakuri killed Brook and Chopper yet?

The Big mom crew's Desu ex Machina save from having a mountain fall on top of them.

Nothing.
One Piece has always been like this.

Your just a Spee D. Reader who never noticed all the running and plot convenience as you binged the series after hearing about Marineford.

Now your reading it on a weekly basis and can take things in, you notice these flaws.

Big mum is is still better than Crocodile who was hyped as shit yet still went down. People just want her to be a beast, which she is being right now, nothing is getting to her, yet all the running is putting a downer on your view. At least Big Mum won't go down to a rookie.

The cake makes perfect sense too. Who'd have ever thought a woman who loves food so much she has created territory of it, whose mental illness revolves around food, whose whole history is centred around food, would be calmed down by food. A specific kind the cook of the future Pirate King is making at that.

You all want Luffy to not beat Big Mum yet offer no other option how they'd escape. What, did you really think she'd just kill them and the series ends there?
Everything makes perfect sense if you idiots just fucking think about it instead of hoping Sanji gets a fucking exo-skeleton or some stupid shit.

This is true for literally every antagonist crew in the series excluding CP9

Repetition of the formula that didn't make sense at this point.

beutiful

Big Mom, the babbling retard who's only alive because of her inherent strength is better than a villain who ran an underground organisation and almost took over a country? Good one. Big Mom only has strength on her side so she isn't threatening. Crocodile knew how to manipulate situations to suit him.
I'm not saying Big Mom should be defeated - it would be illogical and contradictory for an emperor to go down that easily. I just think they should've escaped when the explosion went off instead of prolonging this arc for seemingly no reason.

gee i dont know, its almost like every arc cant be enies lobby or marine ford

>marine ford
That was one of the worst arcs. Only Whitebeard's death is a somewhat redeeming quality.

Some of my favourite arcs are Loguetown, Reverse Mountain, Davy Back Fights and Whiskey Peak. I didn't care for Enies Lobby as much as most seem to and although I love Marineford, it's not my favourite and I don't expect to see anything like it until Wano and the end of the series. Don't make assumptions.

Seriously speaking, anyone who puts Skypeia above Marineford is a true patrician and understands the spirit of this series.

Whoever does otherwise needs to go back to discussing powerlevels in Naruto generals.

>But apparently Oda is going to stretch it further.

Like everything in this fucking manga

AnimeFanTalk likes Skypiea more and he's a retard.

This arc is a thousand times than Dressrosa ever was. Not sure why are you all bitching

I think that's my main problem with the series. Almost every arc feels like it goes on just a bit too long. Still love it overall but there are definitely quite a few moments where I'm thinking to myself "can we just hurry this up a little bit?".

What is that, some random eceleb? Please get out.

I thought Dressrosa had (mostly) good content but the pacing was abysmal.
He's not an e-celeb (or I don't think you could class him as that anyway), just a hilariously cringe worthy One Piece Youtuber.

Just face facts OP's quality has been slowly declining since skypiea. Oda should/could have ended this long ago but its' his bread and butter and he knows nothing else he creates will ever achieve this kind of popularity.

But Saboady was the best arc my dude.

Water7/Enies lobby was the peak, I doubt anything other than the final arc will top that

Not a thing.
Oda has added so much to the story prior to this arc, that the more they stretch it out, the more material he can cover, thus allowing him to end it in less arcs. Id rather a few giant arcs then a bunch of smaller meaningless arcs

Yeah, i've been hating it since the new world arc. Fisher island was boring. Punk Hazard was not that good. Dressrosa was too goddamn long. Zou arc ok, but it was a set-up short arc. Current Big Mom arc is stretching it too.

People wants to go to fucking Wano and get this Emperor shit over with, but of corse it will take 1200 chapters for something to happen and it will not end.

OP is just a way to get money at this point and Oda's in it too.

> he knows nothing else he creates will ever achieve this kind of popularity.

Thing is, with how popular OP and Oda himself are, he prblably could do anything he wanted.

But gotta cash in

>what went wrong?
Big Meme.

agreed, and if they ended the arc right there. Oda would be skipping out on a killer way to knock out alot of the owed deposition that he has created with the past arcs, like with Jinbe joining, or with allowing Nami, Chopper, and Sanji to star, (Brooke kinda already had his moment with the Poneglyph rubbing), much like how he allowed all the crew to star in the Dressrosa arc. Its the other sides turn.

Oda recycling his ideas: the arc while dragging the story to milk his fanbase more. Even dressrosa which was also terrible had more funny moments...

I don't agree with the "One Piece is just a cash cow" statement. If Oda didn't care about the series he wouldn't be continuously taxing his body, working non-stop and sleeping a few hours a night to meet deadlines.

This arc was baller fuck your shit.
Brook MVP.

Brook's shit was good but the melodrama with the Vinsmokes and Pudding was tedious.

>You're just a Spee D. Reader who never noticed all the running and plot convenienceas you binged the series after hearing about Marineford.
god this is so spot on
I incidentally started binging after Marineford ended but the arcs I like the least are Thriller Bark and Fishman Island

Not nessisarly look take AT for example nothing he did post DB were really memorable or popular.
Not saying he doesn't enjoy/care for it user but, he dose have a family and OP puts food on the table. Like I said he could have ended it long ago and just did light work like AT but he knows he may not strike gold again.

>got off-panelled immediately after that
>smashing the picture didn't do anything
>MVP

I think he's in a position where he's made so much from One Piece that he could stop writing it and live a comfy life for the rest of his days.

understandable

It's not spot on though. I caught up in Dressrosa and I've not been blind to the plot armour BS that's run throughout a lot of the series. That isn't my issue with the arc though.