Question to catholics

i was watching this mass from a catholic youtube channel and look at this.

3:02 in the video.

please keep in mind that i come from a baptist perspective and would like for you to explain this.

youtube.com/watch?v=9bjraVj9V58

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicstand.com/why-women-wear-chapel-veils-and-should-you-too/
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

old ladies do this, nothing special, not forced or required just a cultural thing

Men shouldn't wear a hat in church but a woman may, if she chooses.
No problemo.

but my understanding is that Catholics want you to wear a veil as a woman in church, in their interpretation of 1 Corinthians 11. it makes no sense for these women to go unveiled, or what is this?

She's probably orthodox

church reform etc... veiling is no longer mandatory (or at least expected)
the catholic church is only a few stray ecumenical councils away from collapse

that's interesting, so they removed this requirement recently?

Catholics cucked on the veil for 'muh equality'. Most females don't even know it was ever required. Those two are doing it voluntarily.

>recently?
I'm 32 years, grew on a catholic schoold and never saw it. Not even when I went to church in the village.

catholicstand.com/why-women-wear-chapel-veils-and-should-you-too/

Canon Law (what Catholics outline their rules in)

The 1917 Code of Canon Law. canon 1262, stated,

1. It is desirable that, consistent with ancient discipline, women be separated from men in church.

2. Men, in a church or outside a church, while they are assisting at sacred rites, shall be bare-headed, unless the approved mores of the people or peculiar circumstances of things determine otherwise; women, however, shall have a covered head and be modestly dressed, especially when they approach the table of the Lord.

When the 1983 Code of Canon Law was promulgated this canon was not re-issued; indeed, canon 6, 1, abrogated it, along with every other canon of the 1917 Code not intentionally incorporated into the new legislation.

tdlr: so not recent changed in 1983

How can the canon law just change from one year to the next.. either the Bible is right on this or it's not?

I like that c*tholics act shocked when women wear veils in church. Pretty much normal in Orthodoxy.

Boomerfag here.
The changes in the RC church over the 6 decades of my life have been staggering.

If you’re a priest the rules are different it’s more about what kind of hat you can wear in church at that point. I think deacons can too?

At my old parish I never saw a single woman wear a veil, at my new parish almost everyone does, rural Catholic Church seem to be a bit more in touch with the tradition.

youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

It all went downhill when the fascist pope, the fascist Catholic leader of Germany, and the Catholic fascist leader of Italy lost WWII.

But if you think it went from "good" to "bad", you're delusional. It merely went from catastrophically vile to an utter abomination.

A lot of the Canon is based on Catholic Tradition which isn't in the Bible. It may be difficult to understand why as a Protestant, but this is how it's always been. Tradition is considered to come from the Early Church and some of these have changed as society has changed to have the Church reflect better with common secular values still compatible with the Bibles teachings.

Tradition, tradition. Tradition!
Tradition, tradition. Tradition!
Who, day and night, must scramble for a living,
Feed a wife and children, say his daily prayers?
And who has the right, as master of the house,
To have the final word at home?
The Papa, the Papa! Tradition.
The Papa, the Papa! Tradition.

Why does Christ tell us to let our good works shine for other men to see in the the gospel of St Mark? We’re called to follow His word and not St.Paul’s alone after all.

Veils are traditional. I might buy my sisters some for church.

pretty much, my grandmother was buried wearing her vail