Someone tells me anime characters aren't actually Asian. They're meant to be white

>Someone tells me anime characters aren't actually Asian. They're meant to be white.

Getting real sick of this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uuvwGdsUahA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are though

Why do they not look Asian if they're meant to be Asian? Even anime/manga where the characters are Japanese and live in Japan they don't look Asian a lot of the time.

There are quite a few that are supposed to be white, though.

Its not like it matters what they are meant to be. As soon as they have natural hair/eye colors that arent black for both, they are white by proxy.

Anime characters look like anime characters. The meme that they're supposed to be white comes from idiotic self-centered Americans think that all Asians have slanted eyes.

Anime characters are whatever nationality their description suggests they are

It's because they're heavily stylized, drawn with big, highly expressive eyes, exaggerated features, and bizarre hair colors and shit. But fiction always takes some liberties with its own canon. Aragorn probably would have looked a lot different to see in reality or in the books than he did in the movies, and the same goes for any character in any visual media. The way I figure, if it's got a Japanese name, lives in Japan, speaks Japanese, eats Japanese food with Japanese friends while talking about Japanese shit that goes on at Japanese work or school, it's probably fucking Japanese.

Because 2D > 3Dpigdisgusting

You don't belong here.

Last time I checked nationality isnt the same as ethnicity. Meaning: 100% of anime character can be Japanese, but that doesnt make them Asian.

>It's because they're heavily stylized, drawn with big, highly expressive eyes, exaggerated features, and bizarre hair colors and shit.
So not Asian then.

>its a Sup Forums thread

>we wuz anime and shiet

Maybe I'd believe they were Asian if they had chinamen eyes.

Ethnicity doesn't mean much for some people since their nations are homogenous

>think that all Asians have slanted eyes
All Asians do have slanted eyes, guy.

You are trying way too hard.

I mean its not like I personally care what ethnic group a character belongs to. I just think its retarded to ridicule people who point out that anime character look more white than asian. As long as the cast has mostly natural eyes colors, and as soon as a character has green, blue or hazel eyes, they simlpy are very unlikely to be asian. Same can be said about haircolors but many japanese dye their hair so thats like whatever.

This is going to be a novel concept for you, but in art your can stylise characters to look like whatever you want.

What you're doing is equivalent to me suggesting that the Simpsons are supposed to be something other than White because of their skin colour.

It's obvious from the context that they are supposed to be White despite appearances and it's the same for anime characters being obviously Japanese to anyone except those who can't fathom that art doesn't necessarily have to be completely visually accurate to what it is representing.

It requires no effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=uuvwGdsUahA

Shut the fuck up with your first world problems

>someone tells me my wife isn't actually my wife, she's meant to be a cartoon character aimed at young girls

How the fuck are anime characters are white?
Since when do white people have big ass eyes with weird hair colors?
Anime characters are fiction and exaggerated from real human beings like the Simpsons are yellow and have weird faces. They are what the script says they are.

Also this

Where did this delusion even come from in the first place?
Do white people want to look like anime?

I agree, but I always find it funny when they either draw obviously Asian characters (bonus if they're Chinese) or white people and exaggerate their features to make a distinction.

Self important americans, most likely.

When japs draw white people they give them big noses, the fact that a significant amount of anime have only the suggestion of a nose should put this delusion to rest.

Not just white people.

>not a new IP
Why are you samefagging and pretending to be a new poster, user?

>Why do they not look Asian if they're meant to be Asian?
Because they are 2D.

Then how come they tend to make chinks and koreans slant eyed?

What about characters who have black hair and black eyes but white skin? Like pic related.

This is the 17142nd time we've had this discussion. We're becoming exceedingly bad at it.

The Japanese, much like the Americans, can often be pretty self important so feel the need to disassociate themselves from other Asians.

>le white features