How could anyone really like this mediocrity? Its a naruto with mechs aka your normal shonenshit...

How could anyone really like this mediocrity? Its a naruto with mechs aka your normal shonenshit. There is no variation nor real plot plus animation gets worse over time

Dropped at 5th ep. Nice troll narutards, should have left it the fuxk alone based on thumbnail

Agree

you're right

ttgl was garbage

Gurren Lagann fags are just pedophiles pretending they care about story

Same shitposter from the 2007 thread?

I fail to see how OP is a shitposter, TTGL was shonenshit

It's worse than Naruto.
Somehow.

Mechs are considered shonen now?

nah, it was good.
Great animation and style, memorable characters and dialogue, godlike OST and sound design.
Nobody cares if it's a "rip-off" from existing anime besides faggots like you.

This guy gets it

>let me judge the whole plot of a 27 episode series after just 5 then bitch about
also the animation in the last episodes is absolutely gorgeous, it's ok if you don't like it, but shitting on a series before even knowing what's trying to do is retarded and childish to say the least

I like it a fuckton but I don't love it as much as, say, Nadesico. I just come off like I do because idiots like OP keep acting like the show is a dumb shonen series (which is already idiotic given that shonen is a demographic) that has no plot or deep themes. Its themes are simple enough for most people to theoretically get them but complex enough that contrarians who go into it expecting some masterpiece and thus only noticing its initial, surface-level stupidity won't notice them or will vaguely get them and thus feel like they absolutely do since they just assume they have the full understanding.

>memorable characters
Kamina was outdone a few months ago in a mobile gacha game, that's hardly memorable.

Are you seriously comparing Kamina in a tv series to mobile game?

Yeah and what's worse, Kamina ended up being less characterized and nuanced than some shitty gacha game character. Not my fault Imaishit puts the very least possible effort in anything he does.

considering that a character who only appeared for 9 episodes total in a series over 10 years old and said franchise barely gets new material that's really impressive, and we know that Simon, Yoko and the mechas themselves are more memorable than Kamina, people have turned Kamina into a meme and we know that memes age badly

user, you have gone full retard. Please kill yourself.

Out done after 10 years is not that bad, sounds like they had to shit on his character to make you think that.

Not really, they just created someone more compelling, but what's more is that the new character explores what a fag like Kamina would be in real life: a fool blinded by his own ambition, and driven mad by his 'dream.

>Real life
Most of these protags wouldn't make it in real life. Why compare real life to a fantasy setting when you can pick and choose how your story is told. Kamina and the cast was told really well. Sounds like you don't like the character more than you finding him memorable.

>trying to apply real life logic to an anime were people can create galaxy-sized robots out of their asses or punch someone so hard it breakes space-time

Fanboys will say this is bait, but it's true.

Are you dense? This was already explored in TTGL when they were trapped in the infinite multiverse shit. Kamina's character is stupid if put in any other universes as there's only one true Kamina. The Kaminaist of all the Kaminas.

This

Kamina and Simon were just two sides of the Shonen MC coin. People think that Kamina and Simon were good characters buts that false. Both were mediocre sounenshit except the trope was split in half for two characters

How is it Naruto ? The setting, plot and most of the characters are completely different, both have a underdog/coming of age story but that is not unique to Naruto either.

>it's a "OP is obsessed with shitting on a series but can't make proper criticism" - thread

You have given no examples to back your claims.

>stop liking what I don't like

Kaminas character is...
>You can do it. JUST DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT
>Im gay for Simon
Its the AAAAAHHHHHH IM POWERING UP DUE TO MY FRIENDS AHHHH side of the shonencoin

Simons character is
>I cant do it, I cant do it. I want to cry.
>Im gay for Kamina
And endgame Simon is
>AAAAHHHH I GET POWER FOR MY FRIENDSSSSSS. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
Aka shonenshit powerup side of the shonenshit character

>Row Row Fight the Powah
>Good characters