School shooting possible solutions

I'll start, response time is a major issue with school shootings. The average response time is around 12.5 minutes to a school shooting. If a shooter starts to shoot up a school they have 12 minutes to deal as much damage as they can. If we could decrease the response time substantially this would reduce the number of casualties, correct? Now speaking from experience with my school, our closest police station is about 10 minutes away, meaning the majority of the timespent responding is converging on the situation. If we remove this distance we could save multiple lives, and just 1 life saved should be enough, right? So my thoughts were that we make a police station and a school the same building, keeping booking criminals and holding cells in their current location, but for the mundane day to day police station office stuff the building would be attached to the school. Police would not be patrolling the halls because this would make an uncomfortable learning environment; however, they would be a quick phone call away if they're needed. Pull the active shooter alarm and the police can converge almost instantly. Create a sound alarm as well that is triggered by gun shot level noise to allow the police to have a more precise location of the perpetrator. They can find the risk on cameras and if the cameras are shot out you know that's the location to go to. Knowing that there are downsides of this do you guys think this would be worth attempting to implement or is this too far fetched.
Tldr: police station closer to school would save lives

Other urls found in this thread:

kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
youtube.com/watch?v=rA5U0wSMnwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why not live stream every class om mtv2?

We need actual trained marshals. Not someone like that damn mall cop they had in Florida.

1. Psychological counseling and screenings for students.

2. Hire a "School Warden" for every school. An armed attendent that is on duty at all times.

3. Metal / Weapons Detectors and Double Lock Doors at every entry point. Kid comes in with a gun, doors lock in front and behind him. Bullet proof.

4. Genuinely try to help bullied kids. Realize that schools themselves, kids and teachers, are most responsible for helping to create school shooters. Some of these people even joke about the kid "shooting up the school."

5. Teach morality in schools. Our nation is breeding a generation of sociopaths. Something must be done to counter this problem.

Also this...

kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/

Problem solved.

Take away the things they shoot with

I agree on every point except the school warden concept.

Abolish schools.
>in the year of our lord 2018
>still going into brick and mortar classrooms when the internet exists

I have an easier solution that isn't a wall of fucking text:

End public education.

MORE BULLYING

I was looking into number 3, some sort of auto locking triggered by gun detection software (Israel has this technology). The problem lies in the area between locked doors...what happens when other students are in the shooters vicinity? Are they sacrificed for the good of the group?

You don't need solutions for school shootings. As fucked up as it sounds still a few dead sluts and chads once a year is like nothing in the big picture. More faggots die annually from aids they give each other. But they only make such a fuss about the guns. What matters is your freedom to bear arms remember that. No arms means they can just shoot you up and put the survivors on trial like they do in certain shitholes.

The working class can't work if they have to look after their kids all day. The government won't get rid of schools

This is why I'm not proposing gun control, I think it's too partisan an issue and we need bipartisan solutions

Allow all students and teachers to open carry. The only acceptable compromise is a full repeal of ALL gun-control laws.

>Abolish schools

Children need social interaction.

They don’t need it in a propaganda mill.

The guy in Florida was a trained peace officer. Slapping a new title on doesn't change the problem that these guys are basically citizens with gun fetishes that haven't been in a real firefight. You might have a point if you wanted to limit the position to combat vets, but you sitting there and leaving it at "trained marshalls" doesn't fix the problen.

Those are two separate issues. Lack of proper social interaction (kids raised in virtual surroundings) is one of the fundamental reasons morality is slipping away

A number of things need to be done in conjunction to actually solve this problem. I'll tell you what they are, and the reason, and I have perfect solution.

1) Ban the bump stocks. They turn semi automatics into practically fully automatic. This largely won't effect many gun owners, and the left has been really whining about it. It's giving them a bone, and something out of the deal to shut them up for a while, and to make it look like a compromise.

2) Give qualified teachers hand guns in schools. In order to be a qualified teacher you must pass a marksmanship test, a gun safety test, and have a clean bill of health for mental issues, and a clean criminal record. The qualifications are to avoid incidents so only responsible teachers get guns.

3) Forbid Main Stream Media to publish the name of, or photograph or video of any rampage killers. This information should be confidential. Granting them this great media attention and infamy is a major motive for these killers. Often times they are going for a new high score, and want to be famous... Remove the celebrity status.

4) Ban gun free zones. Gun free zones are targets to gun attacks because they are soft targets. If you are to declare a zone a "gun free zone" it should only be under a form of martial law and great security in the area. For instance the president being at this location and Secret Service wants to keep other guns out.

These 4 things in conjunction would be the solution.

Hey, just a thought but how about school administrations become partly responsible for and might be liable for the removal of their funding if it's found that the environment of their school provided motive for a school shooter?

The shooter didn't obtain motive in a vacuum and every one of these has been followed by stories from students indicating that they were both aware that this person was dangerous and that rather than having someone they could talk to in a position of authority that could or would do something about it they instead realized that such an effort would be futile.

These are abusive environments and I'm amused that for so many other societal problems Leftists are more than willing to blame a social environment or a culture on a problem. But when school shootings happen it's because an inanimate object beamed subliminal thoughts of mass-homicide into someone's mind and they snapped. Seemingly with no pre-emptive cause or contributing factors. That assertion is a fantasy.

Bullying and social torture are what is providing motive in these shootings. And the schools are doing jack shit to address it (and the same goes for the students and parents). The culture of public schools pushes the "don't be a tattle tale" thing at every grade level and that approach to student behavior is what is causing this directly.

Number 3 is actually fucking great.

Right! How did they survive without schools before our failed system? REEEEEEE

The acceleration of casualities over time is just as important as response time.
The Pulse Night Club shooting reportedly started at 2:02 am. Police were so close that they arrived outside by 2:04am. They did not enter because they did not have SWAT gear and a lengthy stand off ensued.

The shooter killed some people during the standoff but video and sound sources strongly suggest a huge number of people were killed in the first minute.

The only thing that can realistically hinder a shooter from killing a crowd of students in the halls or in a classroom is ceramic plate insert body armor.

If parents stopped giving kids in middle / high school psychotropic drugs caz they don't wanna deal with the little fuckers, it would be a good start.

Why are school shootings a recent development? If bullying is a primary motive for these attacks, why is it that a mass murder consequence only developed in the last 20 years? Bullying has always been a part of adolescence.

Homeschool. Everyone.

the nigger is right

When are you taking about? Group classroom schools have been around for hundreds of years, and before that it was homeschooling by a family with strong religiously derived morals

I'm not sure if random acts of violence against the public are a new thing. It's hard to imagine mass casuality lone wolf attacks prior to the advent of semi automatic weapons and chemically stable explosives like dynamite. Hard to imagine a school shooting involving a musket.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Seems reasonable (in theory at least), but in would think funding would be a major factor in this. For example, the high school I went at could'nt afford any art programs so they made other classes give art credits and to my knowledge money has only become tighter there

end circumcision

>1. actually deal with bullying
I had to beat the ever living shit out of my bully with my history book before the school did anything (which was to expel me)
>2. Armed person and secure entry point per building at all times
nigger/spic area schools you have metal detectors, armed police, and no school shootings

I agree on 1 and 4. If done right you don't need the others. Sending bullies to a separate school specifically for these types of people should be the second offense punishment. Treating everyone the same is stupid, people should be discriminated against for their(and others) own good. Niggers should be taken care of in a very different way, look at this shit: youtube.com/watch?v=rA5U0wSMnwo

The normal method of education is not going to work for these kinds of people with these kinds of parents. There needs to be a renaissance in the education system. Boost the education budget and take this shit seriously, you'd save so much money in so many other areas of society if the education system actually worked. Anyone who has gone to school in the last 10 years knows this shit doesn't work for specific types of people and they should be identified and treated accordingly. But you'll hear cries of "muh bubba ray/jamal/Pablo dindu nuffin, why does he have to go to a special school?" and the idea will be seen as barbaric and evil.

What makes you think some shit for stains kid is gonna fare any better in a gun fight. They don't train or have even a modicum of experience or self-control that a semi-incompetent security guard would have.

Gun control is one of the most obvious cures for the symptoms. But the root cause is that we're culturally retarded to the point that too many people don't have any empathy for strangers.

>Why are school shootings a recent development?
They really aren't. But what there has been a shift in things surrounding them.

"Don't be a tattletale" has only been a thing since the very late 70s.
Cable News has only been a thing since the late 80s, and it provides a podium and a secondary motive for these types of killings.

>Bullying has always been a part of adolescence.
Bullying in complete isolation from anyone to talk about it and in an environment that provides no outlets or disciplinary actions as a result of the bullying hasn't been a thing for as much of a percentage of the population as it has become. Despite schools obviously playing the role of part-time parent, they have no motive, no incentive, and no consequences for the behavior of their students. They have absolved themselves of any participation in discipline of their students. But changes in modern parenting haven't helped either as "Adulthood" and the expectation that go along with it have shifted way further up towards 25 when back two generations it was considered closer to 16.

The expectations for the behavior of young adults and their ability to redress issues with the help of others have changed considerably in the past 3 decades.

It's not the bullying itself, but the lack of reliable role models and authority figures (i.e. capable parents and surrogate parents) that is contributing to this. And it's not just isolated to schools. The same signs are seen with other mass-murderers.

>Gun control is one of the most obvious cures

Shut up, retard.