Ben Shapiro Has Solution for Mass Shootings

He said just make it easier to lock up mentally ill people. He said if someone is mentally ill they should be locked the hell up. I think this is brilliant, in the 50s it used to be easier to lock up the mentally ill why did they stop? Oh right Reagan let them out because MUH COSTS

youtube.com/watch?v=GxcWgcZZPdU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union
youtube.com/watch?v=wLHCuzW3-uA
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/16/adam-lanza-newtown-sandy-hook-radio-program/4505649/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustl_Mollath
archive.org/stream/HowToGetOutOrStayOutOfAnInsaneAsylum/HGIA_djvu.txt
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union
youtu.be/nANdBMOzji8?t=15m51s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are Jews mentally ill , pol? Is it time to lock them up? Hmmm...it seems like this has been tried before.

Pretty sure it was JFK actually. He's the one who shut it down.

Okay meme flag

I thought Reagan did it. I'll look that up now actually

No that's antisemitic bigotry

>GOP hate thread?

Yeah and who was it that gave all those beaners amnesty?

Ahh yes. The standard copout mental illness stance. Durr this guy believes in crackpot conspiracies he's clearly mentally ill durr lock him up durr. The easier they make it to send people to the gulag on a subjective hunch of "mental illness" the faster the dystopia will take place.

Reagan released as a nod to Roslyn Carter, who supported rights for the mentally ill. I remember that time because suddenly all these supreme wtf skerry schiziods were hanging around my bus stop and I had to keep away. I couldn't figure it out and thought maybe it was contagious

>inb4 in five years all conservatives are locked up for being mentally ill

They’re already trying to make it sound like anyone who even thinks about owning a gun is an unhinged psycho. Don’t you see how this could turn out desu

Keep in mind the Soviet Union locked up and/or stigmatized vocal anti-communists as "mentally ill", and you can imagine why that might not be such a good idea.

>easier to lock up mentally ill
he's right, and what do you know, jews are the most mentally fucked up of all.

IVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS
ever since schizophrenics started pushing people off train platforms
bring back the sanitariums!

>Ben Shapiro believed the shooting was real.

>based ben says to lock up all the insane people
>w-what why are you dragging me away officer?

My brother is bipolar. He's on an "upswing" and it scares the hell out of me because in about two months he's going to be batshit insane.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with how this plays out, a manic person acts like a turbo-nigger who spends money, fucks everything, and does all the drugs. He will smoked crack when he is manic because it helps calm him down. Most treatment facilities can only hold someone for 48 hours from a police referral. In-patient facilities are voluntary and will kick out someone who is too crazy for them to handle. Most mental health facilities are geared to drug rehab and don't treat mental illness well at all.

It needs to be easier to lock up crazy people and force them to take meds.

this is not how it actually works in reality
you should be judged mentally ill by a jury of your peers after a tribunal of scientists presents their case

stop it
the judicial system could be expanded to include mental illness
and you could exclude mental illnesses that are present in over x% of the overall population

mental illness restrictions are the right way to go in solving this issue
its a compromise and the sooner we start taking reports that people are crazy seriously, the sooner we can go back to enjoying the freedoms enshrined in the constitution

>be american
>piss someone off
>they report you to psych hospital
>forced into nut house
>docs force feed you drugs and and hormones until theyve covinced you youre a tranny
>lob your pecker off and put you in a dress
>youre cured Goylina!
>tranny population skyrockets

Calling it now

It would become lonely to post here

Republicans are stuck. If they alienate the morons that want assault weapons legal, these same morons might sit out the mid terms, and the democrats might take the house, senate, and the presidency in 2020.

Any one can see that the only solution is a semi auto weapon ban. This is a smokescreen.

So true. I’m a nurse and we see it all the time. Truly insane people who are almost always homeless, end right back up to us within days because they are kicked out of mental health facilities. I truly believe in long term, involuntary institutionalization. If we had it, people like Lanza would’ve been in a locked facility. Not out there murderjnf elementary school kids.

>Ben "Gas the Retards" Shapiro

You're so stupid and moronic

How? He's trying to HELP them

Who determines which persons are "mentally ill"?

>leftist kikes like Ben SHapiro want to lock up people they define as mentally ill, like they used to do in the Soviet Union

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union

Imagine my shock.

Orthodox Judaism

Orthodox Judaism holds that on biblical Mount Sinai, the Written Law was transmitted along with an Oral Law

The Oral law is held to be transmitted with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Jewish theologians who choose to emphasize the more evolutionary nature of the halacha point to a famous story in the Talmud

the Oral Law is considered to be no less the word of God.

They still do

You probably haven't done this, but look up Lanza's posting online or his call in to a radio station - confirmed to have actually been him. He was a pretty intelligent, articulate, and totally coherent person. If he was forced to have received therapy he probably would have been living a semi-normal life, his mom allowed him to sequester himself in his room and did nothing to help him.

youtube.com/watch?v=wLHCuzW3-uA
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/16/adam-lanza-newtown-sandy-hook-radio-program/4505649/

The bottom line is getting stricter on mental illness is never going to prevent mass killings, nor is banning firearms. Look at the truck attacks in europe, or how easy it is to make bombs, and a number of other ways to kill people. Involuntarily locking mass amounts of people up is a major step backwards for a supposedly liberal society.

your local rabbi

This still happens today. Reminds me of Gustly Mollath, involuntarily commited in a psych ward for 7 years after he blew the whistle on his ex-wife, who was involved in a money laundering scheme with a German bank. He was later released and vindicated. There is massive room for abuse, the government should never have this type of power over its citizens.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustl_Mollath

There's a point that opening up asylums could be a way to stigmatize beliefs and oppress dissidents. The problem is that getting treatment for people who are legitimately mentally ill is next to impossible.

My brother was claiming to be the reincarnation of L Ron Hubbard at Thanksgiving dinner and had a large festering wound from stepping on broken glass, but no one could do anything to detain him until he got a DUI. County jail was the only way that he could be detained and forced to take medicine.

That sounds heartbreaking to see people like that over and over suffering. The anti-asylum movement mostly just kicked the homeless onto the streets. I don't know how well increasing institution space would prevent shooters, but it would prevent lots heartbreak.

Just as a personal example, my brother in a manic fit once went to an AutoZone and started to rant and rave about the Anunaki until the police were called. His plan was to be arrested because the aliens couldn't get him if he was in jail. What's scary is that he brought a pistol with him to the AutoZone, but wisely hid it behind a dumpster before going inside. If he had been a little bit crazier, then things could have gone very poorly.

Look at the most recent additions to the us journal of medicine. Pretty much every human behaviour can fit the diagnosis of a mental illness now.

Bring back institutionalization. It's hard enough as it is getting help. Especially for young people. Doctors these days tend to stay the fuck away from prescribing benzodiazepines to anyone under the age of 40. If this Cruz motherfucker had a fucking Xanax prescription maybe he wouldn't have shot up a fucking school. Instead they want to fill our brains with slow acting SSRIs and other bullshit that just makes people fucking nuts.

It's not as though the power diagnose people as "mentally ill" and arbitrarily lock them up in insane asylums indefinitely could be abused or anything, right? Shapiro is such a massive turd.

K well guess what, you post on this extremely far right racist nazi propaganda anti media russian subversion tactics image board, guess that means you're mentally ill and a threat to the public, no guns for you, plastic silverware and velcro shoes only
Oh well, sucks to be you, that's what happens when your rights rely on somebody's subjective opinion, doc had a bad day? Too bad, should've picked a better day for your evaluation

Also Lincoln Rockwell wrote a very good pamphlet about that time when (((((they)))) declared he was mentally ill and forcefully locked him for calling out the powers that be:

archive.org/stream/HowToGetOutOrStayOutOfAnInsaneAsylum/HGIA_djvu.txt

suuuuuuure

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

He’s right. Today we give violent, mentally ill people meds so they can walk on the street (thanks feminists). Then we wait for them to commit a crime and throw them in prison. It’s not productive and it’s not safe.

(((Not Jews)))

In the 1950s when liberals could be trusted to act in good faith and not abuse the law to classify the right as mentally ill, I would agree. The country is now too polarized for either side to trust the other with that power.

It wasn't Reagan or JFK.

During World War II, conscientious objectors were sent to become orderlies at asylums. They were (rightly) horrified by what they saw. Several wrote a book, and a movement to make the nation's asylums more humane was launched.

Around the same time period, trans-orbital lobotomies became really popular with mental health professionals and at asylums to make unruly patients docile.

Over the following decades, however, people became horrified by the trans-orbital lobotomy and the conditions at asylums.

Then, in 1975, the Supreme Court ruled (in O'Connor v. Donaldson) that the state couldn't confine people who were no threat to themselves or others and could survive on their own without being institutionalized. This made it much harder for the state to toss people into asylums. This reduced the number of incoming patients and greatly reduced asylum budgets.

Also in the same time period, there was a massive revolution in psychiatric drugs, making outpatient care much more viable. This proved to be a cheaper alternative to the asylum system.

Those factors conspired to shut down the old state asylums.

It is no coincidence a Jew is saying this.

this thread is relevant:

Your family and in some cases the state will.

Reagan was completing a law passed by JFK you fucking moron.

t. untermensch

Denying the Holocaust will send you to an insane asylum. Stupid idea. Remember mental illness is a social construct. God, imagine being sent to an asylum for not watching TV, or Movies, or being introverted, or having no friends. Jesus Christ.

>Reagan let them out because MUH COSTS
That actually isn't why. The deinstitutionalization movement began on the left and medical science began to prefer treatment on an outpatient and consensual basis.

>semi auto weapon ban
Violates the Second Amendment based on the "common use" standard in Heller. Impossible without one seat flipping to the left on the Supreme Court.

>political dissent, conservatism, having a different opinion will be considered mental illness
The potential for abuse is unlimited
Who the fuck decides what is a mental illness? Im pretty sure homosexuality and trangenderism are mental illnesses yet psychiatrists were politically pressured to drop those

Good information. Also the budget cuts played a larger role than stated, but yes - good write up.

Lobotomies had their utility if performed correctly
Problem is they started using unqualified literal butchers to perform them

Well that's a hell of an argument you've got there meme fag

>Oh right Reagan let them out because MUH COSTS
The left wanted them to have rights, most liberals used to be against the government randomly locking you up. Do some research you retard.

I'm sure most on Sup Forums would be locked up by some people thoughts on what "mentally ill" is. Holocaust revisionists, anti-Zionists, and pro-whites could be labelled as mentally ill.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest got the ball rolling. One of my aunts grew up in a state institution just because she was a high functioning retard. She told me all sorts of horror stories. It was way too easy to involuntarily commit someone back in those days, but now it's way too hard to involuntarily commit someone. We gotta get the Cruz and Lanzas off the streets.

The problem with preventing mass killings is that they are largely unpredictable events that, in the grand scheme of things, only effects a small number of people. In public policy literature, a mass shooting is a "focussing event" that draws people's attention to an existing problem like gun violence or mental health. In reality, mass shootings are probably more of a media problem than a mental illness problem. If you're a loser who wants 15 minutes of fame, then shooting children is an easy way to get it. The average person is much more likely to die from any number of things instead of a mass shooting.

I don't know if more mental health services and institutionalization will prevent mass shootings. I do think that America has a crisis of mentally ill people mostly committing "small" crimes that don't gather cable news attention.

Oy vey! Is this another layer of the alternative story?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union
The Jew play book looking pretty thin lately desu.

What pray tell constitutes as mentally ill? Because right now, my managers and supervisors act mentally ill.

Who should I call.

>and the horrific abuses mental patients endured
>rape
>druggings
>violence
>invouluntary sterilization
>involuntary lobotamy

Havent you ever read one flew over the coucoos nest?

This just in. Criticism of Israel now considered mental illness.

Mental Illness would be whatever the tyranny of the people make it. That's not a solution to the problem, it's just making a problem even bigger

I'm jewish and jews are definitely insane. I'll help the goys hang you.

>
suuuure

do some reserach loser

suuuuuure

the media is anti-israel

no one since it's not in law yet

Since when is drugging lobotamy or sterilization abuse?

did cruz even have a mental illness? I know he was autistic but do we really need to lock up every person with autism?
Couldnt you just ban them from owning guns

i've suddenly decided that you're mentally ill. to prison you go.

Well then all the right wing people will be locked up cause they don't think like the way kikes want them to, therefore they are crazy.

Or, you know, just ban people with serious behavioral issues from owning firearms.

They aren't allowed to drive.

Don't worry, i'm you'd be okay, Jeff Holiday; you're a good goy.

>reagan
no, it was the faggot leftist lawyers.

We couldnt keep the definition for marriage straight, yet we won't corrupt what mentally ill means. Yeah, ok. Sounds like I should keep putting my trust in people who keep seeking to destroy our future.

The asylums were shuttered in the 60s. Reagan was still doing westerns.

Time to lock up Sup Forums

>t. heavy drug addict reeing over getting cut off
as they should, they work for a few weeks before you develop enough of a tolerance for them to be useless, they're impossible to get off of, mixing them with anything else can kill you, they actively teach people to avoid their problems and not to improve shit, they mess with concentration and memory a ton to the point of being dangerous eventually, and they cause disinhibition in some people and make them go completely batshit insane and violent
they have their uses, but the only reason anyone ends up taking them on a long-term regular basis is if they're enough of a pain in the ass for an apathetic doctor to give it to them just to shut them up

dont come in here tryin to make sense now son

with the massive corruption in the scientific and especially psychiatric establishment you think this is a good idea?

we'll all get locked up for being conspiracy theorists or some bullshit like "oppositional defiance disorder"

Do you miss being able to drive? Wait until they take away your ability to post on the internet. Oh wait, you're already a slave sucking China's white wormcock.

>yes, goyim. let the police 5150 anyone
>blu libes madder ;-DD

This is a stupid idea and Ben has no clue how the mental diagnosis work. With the DSM-5 I could pretty much give everyone a mental disorder code of some type. It was designed like that and was a big complaint before it's release.

do they let them have plastic silverware? you can do a lot more damage with a plastic fork or knife than with a fucking shoelace or whatever other everyday shit they take away

this. even the lead authors of the DSM-4 got together to protest the new one, even while admitting that they went too far with the DSM-4.

Thank you. Only sane user ITT

How about we all nuke ourselves and be done with the shit

if something sounds like a good idea but you have to trust the government or establishment for your idea to not backfire and fuck you over. then it's a bad idea and shame on ben shapiro, i expected better of him, but perhaps he is too arrogant and cocksure to be appropriately paranoid

Mental health is a problem we should address in this country regardless. But I don't think locking people up who don't have a violent bone in their body is the answer.

This is the problem of the pseudoscience of psychology in general.

>Quit fucking benzos cold turkey on my own.
>impossible

I'm confused senpai.

We're all classified as sick in their book, under homophobia and islamophobia

These are the people throwing hormone drugs at children and encouraging them to commit genital mutilation.

Do we really wanna go down this route?

it's a cancerflagger, you're just going to be disappointed if you ever expect them to not be a frothing at the mouth retard incapable of basic discussion

Who will be considered to be mentally ill? White, heterosexual males are already pathologized by the kikes.

Gassing the kikes is what needs to be done

>make it easier to lock up mentally ill people
should we start with Ben Shapiro? Dude has a long history of narcissism and delusion, he's a school shooter waiting to happen.

Most shrinks are libs, faggot.

so should we lock up all the antisocial racists on Sup Forums?

(((psychologists)))

I kek that they treat it as something original or profound because le based jew said it. Fucking disgusting.

Hmmm. This is exactly what Sheriff Scott Israel said after the shooting. The consensus among Judea seems that they wish to be able to lock others up. I wonder why? youtu.be/nANdBMOzji8?t=15m51s

This. As someone with a bachelor's in psychology, the term "mentally ill" is subjective to the core.