myanimelist.net/profile/domko
myanimelist.net/profile/DuelGundam2099
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

++Mushishi, Tatami
+Katanagatari, Code Geass
-Kimi no Na wa, Penguindrum
Is mid right Kamichu?
If so, ++Kamichu

I FUCKING HATE THESE THREAD CAUSE NO ONE PUT THE DAMN NAME OF THE SERIES TOGETHER WITH THE PICS.

Thanks for listen.

3/3

6/7

Add me as friend desu
myanimelist.net/profile/domko

Just ask and I'll tell you

>female

>not being able to recognize any of those shows
Maybe try not being a newfag.

+Penguindrum,SSY,Katanagatari,Mushishi
-CG
++Mahoutsukai no Yome
+Lain,Mushishi
++Kaiba,LOGH,Berserk
+Aria,Mushishi,Lain,Ichi the Killer

Hello friends

4/8
4/6 anime
3/3 manga
You just need to ask nicely and you'll get your answer.
5/7 anime
6/6 manga
6/6
What's top left?

>What's top left?
Eva

Also 3,5/4

Really? Been years since I watched it. Thanks user

3/6.
6/8. Tamayura is king of too slow.
You can just ask me.
5/6.
3/3
Did you change the top picture?

>6/8. Tamayura is king of too slow.
*kind of

No problem,it's honestly a somewhat obscure image choice,but I feel like it fits quite nicely.

>Tamayura is king of too slow.
You think so? I think its around the same speed as Non Non Biyori, and its definitely faster than Mushishi.

No worries, it's your 3x3
Yeah I swapped out Uchuu Kyoudai for Now and Then, Here and There

2/2

5/6
6/6, 1/1
5/5, 2/2
4/4 ++Shion no Ou.
2/3
3/3

I think NNB and Mushishi are fine. Tamayura just keeps giving me that feeling.
It's been in my backlog forever.

yous a legend

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN. HE ACTUALLY DID IT.

Mid Right is Cross Game.

anime 6/8
manga 3/3

It's been a while since I've been here.
5/6.
7/7 (anime).
8/8 (anime), 2/2 (manga).
3/3.
5/5.
5/5.
5/5.
b8/8. m8.

2/2

does this make you happier?

>all those chinese symbols
What do they mean?

Entry level taste

I'll never fucking understand what the fractions mean when people reply to a 3x3 chart.

it's the amount they liked divided by the amount they've seen in the chart

worst of the worst

whoops forgot the 3x3

(amount liked)/(amount watched)
This is the unoffical MAL thread, in which people post a bunch of anime they like and want their taste validated.

But those shows arent even unpopular or "patrician".

5/7

4/7
++conan
--tatami, utena, (aria)

6/8
--nana, tatami

5/7
++shimashita

How could Ryvius and Fate/Zero season one possibly be the worst youve seen? At least the first season of FZ has great world building. Second seaon is shit though, thats for sure.

I looked at the 3x3's. I can relate. So, mine are:
Hikaru no Go, Banner of the Stars, Bento, Railgun S, Index 1, Higurashi, Log Horizon, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Dragonball Z

based on what I can recognize
1/3
0/1
1/2
+yuriyuri (?) and innovative usage of Las Meninas
2/2
3/3
1/1
5 for 8 on the b8
3.5/4 and I want to pick up your left column
3/3
0/0 :0
3/3 if fapping counts as enjoying

What's top left?

5/5
5/5 anime
0/0 manga
3/3
This must have taken a while to make. In my experience, it's rarely easy to get the colours so perfect.
4/5
-Now and Then
6/6
2/2
2/2

I mean, this might just be me but I think that really depends on a bunch of criteria. For example: If a person uses fanart then thats just shit. It shouldnt be done because in that case people cant even tell from the artstyle what sort of show/movie it is. Its also a bit problematic if people use nothing but environmental shots that do not include any actual hints. However, if the person uses shots from the anime that also include hints (for example the main cast or vehicles/objects) then a person who has watched the show/movie should be able to tell what it is. If they arent, then the odds are that they havent seen the show/movie, in which case they cant rate it. Thats the entire point of the X/Y evaluation system. If you want to know what a certain show is then you can just ask. It promotes discussion and people tend to respond. To give some examples of what I mean:

This for example is a pretty bad 3x3 in my opinion because quite a few shots are just too ambigious. I am just going to assume that bottom left is supposed to be K-On, but I cant really tell since theres no actual hint. So even if I watched the show I probably wouldnt be able to tell immediately. The same applies to the bottom right. Even if you watched Non Non Biyori then you might not be able to tell that this is it. That shitty racoon only shows up for a couple seconds in 2 episodes.

Then you have this one . The Aria and Conan shots are subtle, because if someone has seen either they can instantly tell what it is (middle/top left). The top center shot however is atrocious for the reasons listed above. This one for example has a hint in every single picture, usually its the show maincharacters so if youve seen the respective shows youll instantly be able to tell what it is.

>How could Ryvius and Fate/Zero season one possibly be the worst youve seen?
Because they do nothing correctly

bump

The sticky was quite specific. Let threads die naturally means stop bumping threads by just posting 'bump'

The sticky also said no generals yet there are boatloads of them. Not like it matters, I could have just pretended to make a topic related post. I wish there would actually be some fucking debate in these threads but no, people just leave the second they post their picture.

Can any of you explain the appeal of the Tatami Galaxy to me without using buzzwords, saying that its fun or simply referring to the artstyle? I've always wondered why that show seems to be so popular in these threads.

I found a new anime to add onto here, sorry Shin Mazinger Z. Will update next time I get the chance.

you know user everyone else in these threads can at least be figured out, but you, sir, are very difficult to figure out by your 3x3.

how so?

Lets go through your list:

>1001 Nights
Okay you like mythology and art
>Aquarion
Kawamori take on mythology? Okay?
>Mirai Nikki
But Sup Forums hated that and people complain it fell apart, plus unlike the other 2 it appeals to normies
>Dendoh
HK subs, made by Fukada, monster of the week, etc. Most anime fans would be turned off by something very saturday morning cartoony.
>Death Note
Looks like normie bait
>Dougram
A semi-realistic war story with a large episode count and very old
>Zegapain
Semi obscure mid 00s mecha made as an Xbox game ad with surprisingly serious undertones
>The Ultraman
Literally no proper english translation and is noted mostly for monster fights and high camp
>Shin Mazinger Z
So you like tributes to Go Nagai?

Not trying to be mean, but most of those don't even mesh well. In fact I dare say you have the most conflicting 3x3 in these threads.

On top of this before you included MN you had Claymore, meaning you had a taste for dark fantasy and swordplay. It's just really damn weird.

How do you people choose what to put? i'm having a breakdown just deciding what stuff do i like the most.

I am autistic about ratings so I already have my top25 cut out for myself. After that I just pick becuase a higher rating doesnt necessarily mean that a show is automatically part of my top9/12. Kinda need to make a decision there, but that shouldnt be all that hard to be honest. For example: I have Mushishi Zoku Shou, Moribito, EoE and PingPong higher scored than most of my favourites, but they are only higher rated because they simply have higher production value not because I like them more. If you dont even have a list or rate shows then yeah, its probably impossible.

I just put in my top 9

Occam's razor: he's seen very few anime

>normie
kill yourself you fucking normalfag

>separating favorites and best
Why do people do this? If you like it its good if you don't like it its bad. I liked Garbage Pail Kids enough to call it great and disliked The Birds enough to call it awful.

>Occam's razor: he's seen very few anime
Really? I thought he was from /m/. Also note all nine of his anime feature some form of monster (stretching Dougram to include giant robots as monsters), clearly he is a monster fan.

>Why do people do this?
Because they're different things
>If you like it its good if you don't like it its bad.
This is not true

Because I score shows on multiple variables. If a show gets a higher score thanks to having better animation then that doesnt mean that I like it more. It simply has a higher score due to having objectively better animation. No more no less.

>This is not true
Yes it is.
>Because they're different things
Not really.

Or people are blind sighted from other issues or worse yet do not know any better.

Your personal enjoyment of something doesn't necessarily reflect its actual quality. Ever heard of guilty pleasures or so bad it's good?

yes and I believe no such tripe in the current age

Also I should make clear. I rate on a 1-100 rating scale and when I list some shows that are higher rated then I dont mean by a lot, but rather being like 85 instead of lets say the other show that is 83. The difference isnt big but still exists. But the point that quality isnt the same as enjoyment still stands. Score is based on a lot of objective aspects, unless you rate like a retard and simply consider enjoyment. In which case you should bother to rate stuff.

>In which case you should bother to rate stuff.
*shouldnt

Then you're just retarded.

Hello newfriends! Rec threads are not welcome here and belong on !

Everyone knows these are both circlejerks and poorly disguised rec threads, so please observe the rules and board culture when thinking about where to make these threads!

So fuck off you self-aggrandizing shit stains.

Stop trying to act smart, Morty

He is making more sense though, segregation is dumb.

In a 3x3 sure, but for his personal ratings I see no problem to acknowledge negative aspects of things he liked (or vice versa).

>people actually like SEL and FLCL
Tragic

I'm pretty sure he's this guy. myanimelist.net/profile/DuelGundam2099
He shitposts on /m/ more than occasionally.

>posting an account that has not been logged in for over a year
>no Mirai Nikki anywhere
Are you trying to stir shit up?

His name is Schwarz aka Servant of Priss and he has beef with this Duel character, just ignore his antics.

>His name is Schwarz aka Servant of Priss
What the fuck are you on about?

Found this in the /m/ discord, nobody else brings up the duel dude.

I don't visit the /m/ discord though, I just remember the guy posting a 30~ show favorite list along with his MAL.
The shows in the 3x3 are exactly the same order as a section of that guy's larger 3x3.

Death Note movie was a masterpiece, better than any anime I've seen this year desu

If it is not your own profile don't post it, mods have been deleting those in the recent crackdowns.

I haven't updated this in several years, but...

Here we go, boys. I need to update it, though.

>/m/ has a discord
Ive been browsing that board for the better part of a decade and I didnt even know about this.

Then why dont you update it BEFORE you post?

I am using a notebook without a mouse, user, I can't be assed in updating it like that. Even then, I can't say I fully choose one to substitute, so it's still valid.

No comment

> Hello newfriends! Rec threads are not welcome here and belong on ! Everyone knows these are both circlejerks and poorly disguised rec threads, so please observe the rules and board culture when thinking about where to make these threads!

I think an airtight case could be made against every single post on this forum by combining notions of "board culture," what's "not welcome here," and the new sticky. I mean god damn, looking at it again I noticed the sticky even discourages posting images... and this is a fucking IMAGE BOARD titled ANIME & MANGA.

Another case-in-point on needless restraints could be your dislike of recommendations. Yeah by all means discuss anime. But woe be unto thee if you venture a recommendation. We can't have those, those are like opinions, or advice, or answering questions, or plugging things one likes, or something. And none of that has any place in a discussion... just ask any discusser.

This thread is the first time i actually made a 3x3. My sole criterion was shows that caused me to skip food, sleep, and in a couple cases work, just to watch this shit. I would not actually recommend, in 2017, all of the shows I put in the 3x3. But when I saw them I was utterly slain by them for whatever reason.

4.667/5
haruhi and gatari are nice but a bit irritating.
4/4
1/1 and embarrassed about not having seen some of these esp. harlock