Was Flip Flappers too ahead of its time?

Was Flip Flappers too ahead of its time?

In a sense, yes.
I think it would have worked better as an OVA or 2-cour. The story is too epic to confine to one cour. Unfortunately it couldn't have gotten made that way in the current business environment.

No it just sucked. Watch more anime.

I watched it recently and I think the hate it receives is kinda baffling. The last few episodes were kinda weak, yeah. But not enough to get shitposted to death.
Anyone care to explain what I'm missing?

>I watched it recently and I think the hate it receives is kinda baffling
Thank you, it's great to hear that. I'm really tired of it, especially since people tend to ignore all the good things the later episodes delivered.
>Anyone care to explain what I'm missing?
Hard to say, for some people it might just be shitposting. It got a lot of attention as the series went on and the shitposters finally had something to latch onto. But there also seem to be a lot of people that just imagined a different kind of ending and were disappointed because it wasn't what they made up in their head, as well as these that never wanted any plot to begin with.

>Cockona

All of my This.

>didn't kiss
no

>didn't kiss
Yes, absolutely too ahead of its time.
Mankind is not ready for the age of pure love.

My only complaint really

The ending just wasn't clever.

Ending was ok, the problem is with what preceded it: the whole rushed Mimi bullshit

I can't help but feel like a lot of people praised it because it was their first exposure to surrealistic work and also because it was so "over the top" that little concern was really being given to the actual quality of the writing.

I just met it at such a fucking perfect time!

This was my big issue with it. It felt like everything up to episode 10 was paced rather methodically and with a few exceptions, had each episode filled with as much detail as possible just for 10 and onward to go by at max fast, fail to pay off certain things, focus way too much on this Mimi shit, have shit happen at random, and end unsatisfyingly, making me question if the first nine will be greatly worened by later reveals.

>surrealistic work
It wasn't really that surrealistic though, it just played with various themes.

Or they just enjoyed it for their own reasons that aren't shallow just because you can't think of what they are.

>776

if you're watching anime you aren't too concerned with the quality of writing

Projecting much ironic weeb?

the only real problem with flip flappers was the poor marketing.

We all agree that series went to shit in the last few episodes. I think it went bad when they made it a mahou shoujo series.

>We all agree
No.

It was just a very good show.

Not really, if the last 4 episodes wouldn't have been shit then it everyone would agree it was a great anime. Not even great (like the first 9 were), just not utter shit.

>Flip Fappers

YYK butt

sleeping puppy

Punished YYK

I wonder how Cocona would feel if she learned her fat butt was posted so often.

Too before actually.

Coming around the overall rush of magical girl series after Madoka did not help it much. While it wasn't toned darkly, it still featured large surrealistic tone shifts with its different worlds. While probably completely unrelated production-wise, to the audience it's probably very reminiscent of witch barriers of which Shaft was even more surrealistic and off the wall.

Then there's the lack of a good climax and a satisfying conclusion. The ending and the part leading up makes a large impact on a person, while how well a series starts determines if it can ever get big in the first place. How well it ends determines how much they're willing to blab to other people and advertise via word of mouth. If something ends disappointingly, meekly, or just boringly, it gets put way down the list of works a person recommends to others.

One of Madoka's strengths was it had one of the hypest climaxes in existence caused by real world disaster delays and somehow managed to actually live up the hype. A two episode double pack starting with action-filled Homura antics and Madoka ending it in such a way that thematically ties together the whole series.

Flip Flappers was unfortunately more episodic in structure, had a poor rising action, and ended just okay or meh as some other anons have said already. It also didn't have much early catch.

There's various criticisms, but the biggest reason it didn't do great is that it just lacked strong points and impact.

I want her to sit on my face. Also, needs doujins

Flopped because the plot started way too late, when they realized that the studio stopped trying and the animation became shitty (ending sucked too).

What do you mean before?

The phrases of something being before its time or ahead of its time essentially mean the same thing.

Ah, meant behind. I meant it should've come out earlier. My mistake.

>Then there's the lack of a good climax and a satisfying conclusion
Yeah, I prefer anime based on source material that end right in the middle of the actual story to make you buy the manga, that is much better.

I think Mimi was great. Yayaka should be removed entirely along with her love triangle bullshit.

DELET

I want to plow this qt

See, that's what I meant by behind its time. If it released in the era those were the most common things ever then it'd probably have made a much larger splash.

Now we're in the era of far more common anime originals and LN adaptions that end neatly on volume ending climaxes. A lot of manga adaptions nowadays are entirely SoL or school setting as well rather than having any overarching story at all.

holy shit user thanks for this bread i was half way through this show before my hdd died 6 months ago completely forgot about it

It tried to plaster over its bad writing with style and a bunch of pretentious fuckheads were spamming shitty threads so everyone got tired of hearing about it. That's why it gets hate.

>far more common anime originals

Shitposting begets shitposting and Flifla was the designated shitting thread in its season. More popular here than anything else that season, especially Hibike, but Flifla didn't have Kyoani fanbois to defend it.

I couldn't stand four minutes of the redhead one before closing the first episode without finishing it, so I'll never know.

>flop floppers
>doujins
Pick one and enjoy your +50 yuri on ice doujins

Women aren't good artist. Doujins are truly a man's job because drawing them requires effort. There's a lack of YoI djs for how popular it is.

Soo is this Japanese doctor who?
It's soo similar after the first 3 ep

There's like 3 to half a dozen each season now. That a lot aren't very noticeable doesn't mean they aren't relatively common now. Still in this year alone there's Princess Principal, Re:Creators, LWA, Bang Dream. Hand Shakers was also apparently anime original. As well as a bunch of shows that had basically no notoriety. There's also a handful coming up in fall.

explain further

the KKK were the ultimate jobbers

There's all in total 168 anime this season.

Autists claiming that it was the season's thinking man's anime, combined with style over substance. First 2 episodes of focus on sakuga and nothing happening, decision-making wise, were enough for me to figure out how the series was going to be like.

Honestly Yayaka is a piece of shit

Do anybody know who was pic related ? She only appears at the beginning of the first episode .

not me

>Papicunt

I loved it, it was great!

It was me

please tell me how to get to the anime universe

Another-bust-chan.

Another Bust-chan, we had some discussions and theories abot her some time ago.

Like this

Can I get a different noose? Puppy's cute, but I think eternity with her would get annoying.

Tanomo!

Hollo!

FlipFlap is getting an english dub by the way.
I wonder if it will suck

>Sentai
I don't have high hopes.

Papika had such a perfect voice and english dubs usually botch the genki teenage girl voice
I'll give them a chance though

>teenage girl voice
You mean fat 'quirky' whale voice?

I usually don't mind dubs, but genki doesn't dub very well.

This is just a part of my collection
It's secret.

>all this Yayaka in the art
Yayaka was OK but PapiCoco was the greatest pairing of all time

Who's that girl in the top left?

Occultic;Nine

Lucid dream

Yuri is the pinnacle of our civilization.

Your civilization is shit, then.

Truth

I liked Mimi