How do you guys list what you're watched?

How do you guys list what you're watched?

Other urls found in this thread:

bearnote.net
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/UUkZV_mAs3BfcA2hDCLMNA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you can't just remember whether or not you've watched something you're a moron

My heart tells me where I left off.

MAL

fucking brainlets

Some people just enjoy watching anime as a sport. They just want to say their friends that they have watched over x anime.

bearnote.net

this
Just avoid getting involved in the community and you should be fine.

How pathetic can a person possibly be?

I don't care so much about what I've watched but I use MAL for my backlog. Using anything else might as well be "not MAL", that's the statement you're trying to make.

try watching anime for more than 10 years

A google Drive document I can access from almost anywhere. Most of the time I go by memory, but for shows I tend to put off (usually the shitty ones) to finish later I just list them in my doc.

I used to write anime I wanted to watch and videogames I wanted to play in a sheet of paper.
Then mom threw it to the trash and I discovered MAL.

Sounds like a sad version of OCD + autism

MAL. Community is shit but the it's a better tool for keeping track than notepad or whatever.

MAL. If you just use it is a fucking tool then I don't see where the problem lies. The community is cancer though.

agreed, the reviews are absolutely horrible most of the time and too many people give too many series a 10/10, some even after just one episode aired. Why do people even rate a series that is not finished?

OP must have changed his medication.
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/UUkZV_mAs3BfcA2hDCLMNA/

just fucking use MAL. don't post in the forums because you already post in a shitty image board that is no better than any other degenerate anime "community"

I kept finished anime series I watched, I just go to my hoard and ctrl+f and my brain for those old series I've watched before 2010.

What exactly is wrong with MAL's community?

I checked out their official discord server. Two people got banned within ten minutes of me being there, my name got changed to something retarded by an admin, then they banned me a little bit later because I wouldn't change my name from katakana. People were talking about nothing but the rules, of which there were many and how they could be followed. There were like twenty admins and idk how many mods. Really bizarre circle jerk thing they have going there, I think 50%+ of the community was underaged judging from how people were talking, including the admins. Embarrassing for an official server of a large website. Guess it is just discord after all.

Memory.

I got deep into it once many years ago, never looked back other than the recent discord adventure. Other than the typical enormous shortcomings of a non-anonymous community, the main problem is that I would put the average user age at around seventeen. Not much different from a place like this where it's more likely to be twenty-one or twenty-two, but those few years make a huge difference in quality of discourse.

Something that might be considered a perk if you're misguidedly into this sort of thing however is that there is an unusual amount of actual girls there. Waste of time in my opinion, but that's the first place I'd go if I was looking for a 3D time/money sink.

Same thing that's wrong with literally every internet community

Seventeen? No, I'd certainly chalk the average age of MAL contributors to about 15, simply due to the incredibly vast amount of kids without basic reading comprehension on it.

I don't.

Fuck, forgot to add, but there are more girls than you'd probably expect to find here too. It's just that because everyone's an user, gender becomes irrelevant and everyone takes up the "appearance" of a pseudo-man.

>Really bizarre circle jerk thing they have going there
Since when is having really autistic rules a circlejerk, I'm not defending them but if you want to have a specific community and keep it that way you need to be like that.

I recently found a notebook where I used to write down all the anime I had watched (at the time).

Just write it in a document. I'm not gay so I don't use MAL.

This is what rule 30 always meant but everyone misunderstands it.

Contrarians.

why would i ?

I've been in and out of internet communities for seventeen years now, and I can tell you the best ones have either extremely limited or no moderation(only banning for spam/breaking laws). Ones with heavier moderation inevitably become circlejerks centered around the moderation team and their friends, and typically younger/impressionable people who are willing to suck up to them or shoulder parrot their ideologies and opinions. Interesting people don't really involve themselves with communities where they have to play pretend laws with pretend internet cops. If you want a specific community, form it with words, good ideas, and a good infrastructure, not by banning everyone who you dislike.

Taiga/MAL

It is true that I would instantly lose several levels of respect for someone I am talking to if I knew they were a woman.

I have been.. and?
I need only look at picture from show and I can tell if I have seen it. Title works maybe 80% of time.

MAL, mainly because it's convenient to be able to look up other roles of seiyuu and various other information.
I've heard some anons use excel, and that sounds interesting to do, but a lot of work to set it up the way I want.

>It is true that I would instantly lose several levels of respect for someone I am talking to if I knew they were a woman.
Explain

>I've heard some anons use excel, and that sounds interesting to do, but a lot of work to set it up the way I want.
I use outlook to create a list of games I've played and how long I played them for. It really doesn't take that long to set up.

i have been watching anime for less than a year and i can only remember like 20 series off the top of my head out of like 100 something. what the hell kind of powers do you have?

Spreadsheet

I'm misogynistic.

>CCS
>On hold
Finish it right now or I'll fight you

t. virgin.

what if you were talking to a women who was smarter than you?

What information you keep in that first collumn?

Explain column A
But like why man?

Text file in journal/diary form by date updated every time I watch an episode. Since about 1999.
It's an old VHS habit from when you might go months before you got the next episode of a series and you might lose track of where you're at.
It's both fun and depressing to be able to see "X years ago on this date I was watching episode Y of Z."

this is Sup Forums
>"smug.png"
I bet it's your only one based off of that filename.

Hasn't happened yet and I used to date a girl with a masters in neuroscience.

>clannad
>dropped
I will fucking gut your shit faggot

>t.
>saying virgin unironically
Lurk for 2 years before posting.

I used to keep a plain text file to keep track of the shows I watched, then I realized it was a useless endeavor and a bother, now I just watch shit.

Lots of consistently disappointing experiences with them. Even my own mother, I love her to death and she's done a lot for me in life but she's just kinda stupid. Makes me sad.

are you people retarded? look at the numbers and how older shows are lower.

Pen and paper. The notebook is already old as fuck but it still holds my memories of each and every show.

It seems that it is the MAL id.
Why are you keeping that?

Used to use notepad, then I stopped giving a fuck about updating it.
Now I just use my memory.

Oh shit yeah. Really should've caught on that quicker.

Used to use notepad until I lost the notepad and now I use Taiga. If Taiga didn't feel like shit trying to get torrents out of it and just had a system like the NT tracker extension it would be 10/10.

myanimelist ID

Can you blame him? it starts out slow and boring.

Imagine hating MAL so much that you take the time to create a damn spreadsheet or other sort of personal document list.

What a faggot

Why not use MAL? Autism?

not him but some people like making their own systems and such. for example there aren't really a lot of good reasons to build a linux machine instead of just sealing off a windows OS, and most of the reasons you do hear have a foot in make-believe. it's a hobby.

but if it's just to not use MAL it's funny and I feel sorry for him.

I use Taiga. I don't care much about MAL so i don't even rate my shit.

Reminds you of a certain group on Sup Forums

Everything I watch I try to save, have a separate HDD where I archive it. Works well enough, although anything garbage I trash or if it's ecchi garbage, have a specific directory for

The only downside is it's a pain in the ass to go back and find old anime, seeds and downloads for anything pre-2010 are few and far between. Currently going for a better way to backup too, currently everything is on a 2year old external HDD.

Yeah it's pretty taxing to type things out.

I get your point user, but he probably is not doing that.
It seems like he is just using some kind of script to create the spreadsheet based on his account.

>Everything I watch I try to save, have a separate HDD where I archive it
So you watched a grand total of 17 anime including movies? Or do you just download 114p rips with 64kbps audio?

do you live in a third world country where an 8TB HDD is unimaginable?

>watching snobby melodrama

What kind of weak ass HDD do you have?
Nowadays you can have more than a terrabyte size storage.

He probably downloads 720p upscaled 2GB/episode files.

I can't even remember the names of characters from shows I'm currently watching unless it's something outlandish like Taiga or something.

Have you counted how many breads you've eaten during your life?

>implying my storage disk is a 256gb that was salvaged out of a laptop
(that was only the first one)

So far I'm at 101 separate folders for different shows, although non-series movies and movie studios get their own folder. Shows I haven't seen yet get a folder with the sub group's name as a reminder, strip that out (it stays in each episode filename) when I'm done with the show.

Dreaming of a NAS dedicated for my chinese cartoons, and streamable to a TV.

Whatever has half-decent quality and decent # of seeders on Nyaa, baby.

I watched the entirety of Nichibrous and i can't even recognize the main trio by their names, let alone the secondary characters. Good thing the anime says it's okay to not remember their names tho

such a weird and random assumption to make, not very realistic either as I don't see a lot of files like that and I do a lot of archiving. not him.

I also have a hand written list (with roughly 500 series). I haven't updated it for more than five years now.

you don't even remember JACK?

MAL

If I watched it online I put it into my anidb list. The list is pretty empty. If I downloaded it I just keep the files. I move them to external hard disks when I run out of space on my computer. I just want to be theoretically able to know which series I watched. I don't actually look at a full external hard disk anymore.

Those are the only ones i remember desu. Bathhouse owner best boy

I have a good memory

I've been watching for 20. I still know if I've watched a show or not.

trakt.tv

its literally a plebbit cesspool. Also, power tripping mods that are worse than what you currently have here on this site. There's also this white knight mod that would outright ban you if you talk shit to internet "girls"

>tfw they actually believe me as a grill in that discord
im still laughing inside

Same.

I dont watch enough anime to have a difficult time cataloging it. I've watched probably 20 series tops

I like to keep things offline.

MAL.

Someone said that I'd only watched 100, then I went back on and remembered I hadn't updated it in years.

Been wanting to make my own Taiga-like tool that can support offline/manual entries and not rely on MAL or other shitty databases but not enough time.

I look at the name or an image and think: "Oh yeah, I remember that" or not as the case may be.
I once had a spreadsheet of all the anime I had archived on disc, but then I moved it all to a NAS computer so I can just look at the list of folders and pick something. Why the fuck would you need a list of what you've watched though?

>Use notepad
Pleb.

>go to discord
>this is actually what they unironically think on Sup Forums
jesus